bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Young Newcomers to watch out for

Post by bluenine on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:06 pm

The new kids to watch out for in Serie A:

Lavezzi (Napoli) - supposed to be the "new tevez", the argies are quick with titles Wink
Cavani (Palermo) - not exactly new, but his first full season and he is probably the most promising kid in Serie A!
Ribas (Livorno) - Young nerazzurini, the youth player of the year last year, dunno how many games he will get.
Jankovic (Palermo) - Showed good promise in the pre-season
Vanden Borre (Fiorentina) - impressive in Euro U21 this summer
Molinaro (Juventus) - Very promising LB
Meghni (Lazio) - The supposed "new Zidane" joins Lazio
Pato (Milan) - Impressive in the world youth cup
Andreolli (Roma) - The azzurini captain, the price Inter paid for Chivu
Jan Hable (Fiorentina) - Talented young czech midfielder, the captain of the czech U19s.

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
Favourite Player : The Ginger One
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Young Newcomers to watch out for

Post by Parks lives on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Andreolli (Roma) - The azzurini captain, the price Inter paid for Chivu

Yikes The one from the under 21's?
DD

Number of posts : 10721
Supports : NEC
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by DD on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Parks lives wrote:Andreolli (Roma) - The azzurini captain, the price Inter paid for Chivu

The same chap.
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:10 pm

Andreolli was terrible from what I remember.

What positions do all those players play in bluenine?

We did this last year and I thought it was quite interesting.

In the EPL I'm expecting big things from Matt Derbyshire this year - the guy is an abolutely brilliant finisher. I'd even go as far as saying that he's the best English finishger I've seen in my lifetime! Physically he's nothing special though.

Boro seem to have a lot or promising youngsters. I remember coop saying that he particularly rates Wheater and the left back Taylor. Adam Johnson, the left winger also sounds promising. And of course there's Cattermole.

The youngsters at Citeh have also attracted my interest - blended with the experience and class that Sven is signing they could flourish this season. The particular ones to look out for are Onouha, the centre back, Johnson the right winger, who scored verse Derby and Ireland, the centre midfielder, who reminds me a bit of a young Redknapp pre-injury crisis.
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:13 pm

Holland :

* entire AZ squad

* Sahin @ Feyenoord

* Aissati @ PSV

* Van der Wiel @ Ajax

* Beerens @ Heerenveen

* Nijland @ FC Groningen ?
robert

Number of posts : 5672
Supports : Manchester United
Favourite Player : Giggs
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:31 pm

Tweedle wrote:
In the EPL I'm expecting big things from Matt Derbyshire this year - the guy is an abolutely brilliant finisher. I'd even go as far as saying that he's the best English finishger I've seen in my lifetime! Physically he's nothing special though.

Yup, this guy is like RVN, unfortunately not much all round play to go with it.
Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:42 pm

@Tweedle

Johnson isnt a right winger mate, he is a CM box to box mid.

Danny Sturridge for us is still only 17 has a massive future but will find his work cut out to get into the first team next season. His progress has been held up after a injury hit season last year limited him to 13 reserve games (scored 7) and 2 first team games.

Ireland, Johnson, Onuoha, Richards are all just going to get better and better.

Also a great prospect when fit is James Vaughan at Everton, i was really impressed with him last season and i think he will go on to becoe a top player.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Marek Hamsik - Signed for Napoli from Brescia in the summer, he is a creative mid with a massive future and one otwatch out for next season.
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:47 pm

Axeslammer wrote:Holland :

* entire AZ squad

* Sahin @ Feyenoord

* Aissati @ PSV

* Van der Wiel @ Ajax

* Beerens @ Heerenveen

* Nijland @ FC Groningen ?
*<cough> Leonardo <cough> Santiago @ 020

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXl5fkMj7ls

* Luigi Bruins @ Feyenoord

* Afellay @ PSV

* El Hamdaoui @ Willem II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEVeYFUMF88
Tweesus

Post by Tweesus on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:@Tweedle

Ok. How old is he? Is he a player that you think has a bright future?
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Dos Santos & Bojan (Barcelona) - have looked promising in preseason and it will be interesting to see how much time Rijkaard gives them when the real competition begins and how they handle it.

Juan Mata (Valencia) - left Real Madrid because he wanted more minutes, not sure whether he will get them at Valencia. Could end up on loan at Getafe.

Jose Crespo & Diego Capel (Sevilla) - both were in the Spanish U-20 side and have been getting time in the preseason with the first team.

Andres Guardado (Deportivo) - full international with Mexico, can he make a difference with Depor?

Pedro Leon (Levante) - right sided midfielder linked with Chelsea and Real Madrid will make his debut in primera this season, U-21 international with Spain

Royston Drenthe (Real Madrid) - made a big impression at the Euro U-21 but remains to be seen whether he is ready for the big time.

Sunny (Valencia) - Nigerian born, Spanish U-20 international. Will still be understudy to Baraja and Albelda but should get a lot of playing time this season.

Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal) - comes to la liga after a good loan spell at Parma last year. Villarreal will be looking for someone to fill the goalscoring void left by Forlan

Tom De Mul (Sevilla) - coming over from Ajax, will compete with Jesus Navas for a place on the right wing

Marcos (Recreativo) - Can play as left wing or mediapunta; made his debut with Villarreal last year, on loan at Recreativo. Scored a great goal against us last year and generally drove Cannavaro mad. Should feature a lot at the Nuevo Colombino.

Diego Costa & Cleber Santana (Atletico) - don't know anything about them but they're probably rubbish since they signed for Patetico. Wink
Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:57 pm

Tweedle wrote:
Sgoater1 wrote:@Tweedle

Ok. How old is he? Is he a player that you think has a bright future?

He is 19, was captain of the youth team that made the cup final the other season. He a box to box mid, lots of energy, basically a good all round mid, he likes to get stuck in but also links up well in the final third as his goal Vs Derby demonstrated. He has broken into the England U21s which will help his progress.

Liverpool have apparently been watching him for a while but they can fook off cos he isnt for sale. He is fast becoming a crowd fav and seems a very level headed and modest guy, I expect him to go far.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Yeah, but a coupla poor games do not mean he is a bad player.... he did a good job when called for Inter at the seniors, even at CL. Andreolli is still the most promising young CB in Italy, he will do well at Roma.

Parks lives wrote:Andreolli (Roma) - The azzurini captain, the price Inter paid for Chivu

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:54 pm

Strikers:
Lavezzi (Napoli)
Cavani (Palermo)
Ribas (Livorno)
Pato (Milan)

Midfielders:
Jankovic (Palermo)
Meghni (Lazio)
Jan Hable (Fiorentina)

Defenders:
Vanden Borre (Fiorentina)
Molinaro (Juventus)
Andreolli (Roma)

Let me add:
- Acquafresca (Cagliari) - STRIKER, very talented - the sweetner in the Suazo deal that Inter threw in half of this lad... hope he gets some playing time, I have heard so much about this kid. It is rumoured that Cagliari's insistance for the inclusion of Acquafresca in the Suazo deal almost broke down the negotiation, and Inter wanted him to lead the primavera attack this season (replacing Ribas). In the end, the clubs setteled for co-ownership.

- Giovinco (Empoli) - Fantasista, Baggio style. This juve owned kid has made a lot of waves, and is considered by many as the heir to the Baggio-DP-Totti legacy. He made his much publicised debut for Juve in Serie B against Bologna in May, and did not disappoint - even got a brillaint assist for Trez. Many clubs asked for Giovinco to be included in a swap deal, but Juve turned every offer down, instead sending the kid on a l,oan to Empoli to gain some experience.

Tweedle wrote:What positions do all those players play in bluenine?
Napoléon

Number of posts : 1170
Supports : Les Bleus - Marseille

Post by Napoléon on Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Meghni ? lol! You can forget him.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:48 pm

Never seen Meghni play, but he is so hyped that I thought I should mention him.

Anyways, some of these guys will be very big by the end of the season or whatever season they get their chance, my bets are on Cavani, Levezzi, Jankovic, Pato, Ribas, Giovinco & Acquafresca.

I remmeber I mentioned the same thing about Rosina, Montolivo, Palladino, Pelle, Chiellini, Obinna, Okaka, Eliakwu & Foggia last summer. Some of them were the revelations of last season, and some showed their promise. The only ones who are Eliakwu, Okaka and Foggia, but the jury is still out on them.

I think most of them will come good, but there always are some who fail to fullfil their promise. The worst prediction I ever made after watching a youngster play has to be Recoba, I remember thinking after his first game that he will become greater than Zidane Doh But in my defense, a lot more people also thought the same!

Napoléon wrote:Meghni ? lol! You can forget him.
Deano

Number of posts : 22042
Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Mark Noble.
Tweesus

Post by Tweesus on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:44 pm

bluenine wrote:Never seen Meghni play, but he is so hyped that I thought I should mention him.

Anyways, some of these guys will be very big by the end of the season or whatever season they get their chance, my bets are on Cavani, Levezzi, Jankovic, Pato, Ribas, Giovinco & Acquafresca.

I remmeber I mentioned the same thing about Rosina, Montolivo, Palladino, Pelle, Chiellini, Obinna, Okaka, Eliakwu & Foggia last summer. Some of them were the revelations of last season, and some showed their promise. The only ones who are Eliakwu, Okaka and Foggia, but the jury is still out on them.

I think most of them will come good, but there always are some who fail to fullfil their promise. The worst prediction I ever made after watching a youngster play has to be Recoba, I remember thinking after his first game that he will become greater than Zidane Doh But in my defense, a lot more people also thought the same!

I think you might both be talking about different Megnhi.

Also Menghi is 23!
Z

Number of posts : 1414
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Fowler, Batistuta, Ronaldo, Totti, Torres
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Post by Z on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Tweedle wrote:

lol!

<<<<< This guy was at about 75 competitive goals at Derbyshire's age!
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:39 pm

23 is still young. Grandad by Arsenal standards, but young for most of us Razz

I am pretty sure both of us are talking about Mourad Meghni, the new player at Lazio... he had a bad time at Sochaux a coupla seasons ago, I guess thats what Napolean is refering to. Before and after that, he was supposedly awesome for Bologna.

Tweedle wrote:
bluenine wrote:Never seen Meghni play, but he is so hyped that I thought I should mention him.

I think you might both be talking about different Megnhi.

Also Menghi is 23!
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Tweedle wrote:
The youngsters at Citeh have also attracted my interest - blended with the experience and class that Sven is signing they could flourish this season. The particular ones to look out for are Onouha, the centre back, Johnson the right winger, who scored verse Derby and Ireland, the centre midfielder, who reminds me a bit of a young Redknapp pre-injury crisis.

ok Onouha is class, but i've been more impressed with Johnson than Ireland.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Jaime wrote:
Tom De Mul (Sevilla) - coming over from Ajax, will compete with Jesus Navas for a place on the right wing

lol! That competition will be over fairly quickly.
Tweesus

Post by Tweesus on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:15 pm

Ziltoid wrote:
Tweedle wrote:

lol!

lol! You're a fucktard Ale
Z

Post by Z on Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Tweedle wrote:
Ziltoid wrote:
Tweedle wrote:

lol!

lol!

So are you 9 years old or something?
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario on Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:29 pm

RAKITIC Schalke'04
Tweesus

Post by Tweesus on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Ziltoid wrote:
Tweedle wrote:
Ziltoid wrote:
Tweedle wrote:

lol!

lol!

No, but I was only talking about finishing, not the whole package. Obviously Fowler is a far better player overall but thats because he was great off the ball and had a bit of pace back then - Derbyshire isn't great off the ball and has no pace. At finishing though, Derbyshire is better.

Doesn't really sit in with your Liverpool are the best at everything in the world agenda though I guess Rolling Eyes

None

Number of posts : 2548
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Post by None on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:49 pm

Tweeds mate, no offence but that's the worst post I've seen of yours, I think ziltoid is well within his rights to declare Fowler the best finisher of "our generation". I think we sometimes forget just how deadly Fowler was.

Take a look at this;

In 1993-94 (aged 18) Fowler had 28 apps and scored 12 goals, the next year he hit 25 in 42, the year after 28 in 38. That's 65 league goals by the age Derbyshire is now in the league alone. Think of Owen's finishing at a similar age. Derbyshire has hitherto a handful of topflight goals, it is amazing that the best finisher you have ever seen can have scored so few goals!

I think he looks decent, but Tweeds, behave.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:51 pm

Tweedle wrote:

In the EPL I'm expecting big things from Matt Derbyshire this year - the guy is an abolutely brilliant finisher. I'd even go as far as saying that he's the best English finishger I've seen in my lifetime! Physically he's nothing special though

lol! lol! affraid Am I seeing this correctly?
The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:53 pm

slightly too far tweeds but the others are far too negative he is a v v v v v good player who COULD prove many wrong yet but i haven't yet seen as much as you in him
Z

Post by Z on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:41 pm

Tweedle wrote:
Ziltoid wrote:
Tweedle wrote:
Ziltoid wrote:
Tweedle wrote:

lol!

lol!

No, but I was only talking about finishing, not the whole package. Obviously Fowler is a far better player overall but thats because he was great off the ball and had a bit of pace back then - Derbyshire isn't great off the ball and has no pace. At finishing though, Derbyshire is better.

Doesn't really sit in with your Liverpool are the best at everything in the world agenda though I guess Rolling Eyes

Are you mistaking me with someone else? What out of my few posts suggests I have such an agenda?

Fowler is a far better finisher than Derbyshire will ever be, he scored goals from every part of the box with both feet, when Derbyshire scores 5 in one game then get back to me. Derbyshire has scored what 10 goals for blackburn, how can that be enough to say hes better than Fowler?

Also I doubt Fowler was faster, more like the defences were slower.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:50 am