Mourinho SACKED!

Share
avatar
Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
Age : 29
Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Machiavel on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 pm

shazlx wrote:
Luis wrote:
Raifael wrote:Did anyone see the look on Benetiz when Pennant was shown the red

I have no sympathy with Rafa, it was always going to happen so he should have taken him off
Or... Pennant could have not been a dick, or is that too difficult for Liverpool's C.Ronaldo.

How is he Liverpool's C Ronaldo , he is not that influential IMO.
avatar
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by shazlx on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Raifael wrote:
shazlx wrote:
Luis wrote:
Raifael wrote:Did anyone see the look on Benetiz when Pennant was shown the red

I have no sympathy with Rafa, it was always going to happen so he should have taken him off
Or... Pennant could have not been a dick, or is that too difficult for Liverpool's C.Ronaldo.

How is he Liverpool's C Ronaldo , he is not that influential IMO.
lol! I was refering to Luis' one time comment that Pennant is/was playing as good as C.Ronaldo last season. I believe someone has is in their sig as:
Luis wrote: Pennant = C. Ronaldo
avatar
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Age : 25
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Luis on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:20 pm

shazlx wrote:
Raifael wrote:
shazlx wrote:
Luis wrote:
Raifael wrote:Did anyone see the look on Benetiz when Pennant was shown the red

I have no sympathy with Rafa, it was always going to happen so he should have taken him off
Or... Pennant could have not been a dick, or is that too difficult for Liverpool's C.Ronaldo.

How is he Liverpool's C Ronaldo , he is not that influential IMO.
lol! I was refering to Luis' one time comment that Pennant is/was playing as good as C.Ronaldo last season. I believe someone has is in their sig as:
Luis wrote: Pennant = C. Ronaldo

Wrong, it's COTR who said that, I said Pennant can be as good as Ronaldo if he improves his game bit by bit <Ale>
avatar
Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
Age : 29
Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Machiavel on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:21 pm

shazlx wrote:
Raifael wrote:
shazlx wrote:
Luis wrote:
Raifael wrote:Did anyone see the look on Benetiz when Pennant was shown the red

I have no sympathy with Rafa, it was always going to happen so he should have taken him off
Or... Pennant could have not been a dick, or is that too difficult for Liverpool's C.Ronaldo.

How is he Liverpool's C Ronaldo , he is not that influential IMO.
lol! I was refering to Luis' one time comment that Pennant is/was playing as good as C.Ronaldo last season. I believe someone has is in their sig as:
Luis wrote: Pennant = C. Ronaldo

Jesus man , who ever said Pennant was as good as Ronaldo last season needs to have a lobotomy.
avatar
Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
Age : 27
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane
Registration date : 2006-11-16

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Mexicanbecks on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:23 pm

lol! luis your obsession with pennant is unreal. im starting think its a huge prank you are playing.
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Tweesus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:35 pm

BBC have an article on grant in which they say his tactics are even more defensive than Mourinho's Neutral

Bizarre

Guest
Guest

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Awful decision to sack Mourinho, but Chelsea will still definitely be title contenders in my opinion. - (as long as the funds remain there)
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 50
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by SuperMario on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Reminds me a bit of what happened at Hearts. seems a new trend by the way: Hagi resigned as Steaua's manager after disagreements with the board, who wanted different tactics/players starting.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by S4P on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Tweedle wrote:BBC have an article on grant in which they say his tactics are even more defensive than Mourinho's Neutral

Bizarre

This must be your 1000th post in the last couple of days which has had some sort of relevance to "good football". Rolling Eyes
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Tweesus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 pm

S4P wrote:
Tweedle wrote:BBC have an article on grant in which they say his tactics are even more defensive than Mourinho's Neutral

Bizarre

This must be your 1000th post in the last couple of days which has had some sort of relevance to "good football". Rolling Eyes

Well yeh, isn't that one of the key reasons behind Mourinho's departure, excluding the Sheva situation.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by S4P on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:56 pm

Tweedle wrote:
S4P wrote:
Tweedle wrote:BBC have an article on grant in which they say his tactics are even more defensive than Mourinho's Neutral

Bizarre

This must be your 1000th post in the last couple of days which has had some sort of relevance to "good football". Rolling Eyes

Well yeh, isn't that one of the key reasons behind Mourinho's departure, excluding the Sheva situation.

Yeah but Grant will be given much more leniency than Jose (and it's not just Chelsea who you've been aiming these comments at Wink).
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Tweesus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:58 pm

S4P wrote:
Tweedle wrote:
S4P wrote:
Tweedle wrote:BBC have an article on grant in which they say his tactics are even more defensive than Mourinho's Neutral

Bizarre

This must be your 1000th post in the last couple of days which has had some sort of relevance to "good football". Rolling Eyes

Well yeh, isn't that one of the key reasons behind Mourinho's departure, excluding the Sheva situation.

Yeah but Grant will be given much more leniency than Jose (and it's not just Chelsea who you've been aiming these comments at Wink).

'Good' football is one of my agendas Swarpy. I'm sorry Wink
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by fcb on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Neutral opinion:

Reina
Finnan-Terry-Carvalho-Cole
Gerrard-Mascherano-Essien-Malouda
Torres-Drogba


And Mascherano indeed > Essien.

6-5 to Chelsea though.
avatar
robert

Number of posts : 5672
Age : 34
Supports : Manchester United
Favourite Player : Giggs
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by robert on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:16 pm

Cech

Finnan Carra Carvalho Bridge

swp Essien Alonso Malouda

Drogba Torres
avatar
Lard

Number of posts : 3822
Age : 31
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Lard on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:19 pm

------------Cech

Finnan--Carvalho--Agger--riise

----Maschareno

---Gerrard---- Essien---Cole

-- Drogba---Torres
avatar
DD

Number of posts : 10721
Age : 37
Supports : NEC
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by DD on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:21 pm

forza_rossi wrote:
kas wrote:
Fey wrote:Jose's post-sack interview:

"I'm not bitter, no not at all, i think Roman Abramovich should give his money back to the Russian people that he stole from and extradited back to Russia. But of course that is only my opinion."

Typical Jose ok

Shocked

Did he really say that? Because then it's a certainty that some mafia will be after him soon!
If he did say that then he just went up in my estimation. WAY HIGHER.
Not really. If he was aware of that (who wasn't?) he never had a problem spending it though. Pretty easy to take the (petty and disgruntled no less) high road after you're gone.
avatar
Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
Age : 43
Supports : Manchester United FC
Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Nightwing on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:21 pm

Richardson>>>>Pennant!
avatar
The Prfessr

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by The Prfessr on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:27 pm

chelsea have shot themselves in the foot here. Grant will likely stay till the end of the season( because he's a friend of Abramovic), then they'll hire one of the overhyped managers around( like Klinsmann and Ramos), and he'll also get the sack after few months or a year....
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by fcb on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Why the hell is the Prime Minister commenting on this Doh


The Prime Minister is a football fan and somebody who enjoys watching Premier League games, so he knows Mourinho has a fantastic record of success.

"He's made a significant contribution to British football in a short period of time and he's also one of the great characters of the game."
A spokesperson for PM Gordon Brown

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Sheffield gunner on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 pm

kas wrote:Why the hell is the Prime Minister commenting on this Doh


The Prime Minister is a football fan and somebody who enjoys watching Premier League games, so he knows Mourinho has a fantastic record of success.

"He's made a significant contribution to British football in a short period of time and he's also one of the great characters of the game."
A spokesperson for PM Gordon Brown

I know, I heard it reported on Sky earlier in the day. Absolutely ridiculous, you would think they have more important things to concern themselves with.

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
Age : 36
Favourite Player : The Ginger One
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Parks lives on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:35 pm

It's like he's died. Rolling Eyes
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by fcb on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Parks lives wrote:It's like he's died. Rolling Eyes

Yeah the extent of the coverage has surprised me a bit...but also scares me when I think what will happen when Ferguson and Wenger leave their clubs Yikes
avatar
Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
Age : 29
Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Machiavel on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:37 pm

kas wrote:
Parks lives wrote:It's like he's died. Rolling Eyes

Yeah the extent of the coverage has surprised me a bit...but also scares me when I think what will happen when Ferguson and Wenger leave their clubs Yikes

a National Holiday will be made

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Sheffield gunner on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:40 pm

Considering Blackburn were (apparently) in such a state of shock that they couldn't even beat a lowly Greek side, it is not worth risking a full round of weekend fixtures when teams are still coming to terms with Mourinho's departure. The FA really should postpone all games this weekend as a tribute to Mourinho's spell here in England.

Rolling Eyes Wink
avatar
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Age : 106
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Mourinho has paid for his cowardice - he doesn't commit enough players forward.

He can't handle players with a big status (Sheva, Ballack) or world class ability (Mutu, Robben, J.Cole).

He's like Hiddink - good at getting an average group of players to work hard as a unit but out of his depth with World Class players.


....................Cech........................

Belletti....Terry....Carvalho....Bridge

............Essien.......Mikel................
SWP.................................J.Cole...

....................Sheva......................

....................Drogba.....................


You know it makes sense ok
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Puro on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:45 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Considering Blackburn were (apparently) in such a state of shock that they couldn't even beat a lowly Greek side, it is not worth risking a full round of weekend fixtures when teams are still coming to terms with Mourinho's departure. The FA really should postpone all games this weekend as a tribute to Mourinho's spell here in England.

Rolling Eyes Wink

I just checked the post where I wrote about Blackburn probably not being focused today, but you didn't comment about it over there whatsoever. Here you are acting like Avram Grant you fucking RAT! Laugh

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Sheffield gunner on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:48 pm

Only joking Puro, although I think it is rather improbable that Blackburn were affected by Mourinho's departure.
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Puro on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Only joking Puro, although I think it is rather improbable that Blackburn were affected by Mourinho's departure.

Have you played organized football? You'd be surprised how the firing of a "big" coach like Mourinho can unsettle players a bit. Even the ones not from his own club. Everyone is talking about it while lacing up their shoes, putting their shinguards...everything's about the big news but the game about to be played. <Ale>
avatar
lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
Age : 45
Supports : SL Benfica
Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by lampiao007 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:08 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Mourinho has paid for his cowardice - he doesn't commit enough players forward.

He can't handle players with a big status (Sheva, Ballack) or world class ability (Mutu, Robben, J.Cole).

He's like Hiddink - good at getting an average group of players to work hard as a unit but out of his depth with World Class players.


....................Cech........................

Belletti....Terry....Carvalho....Bridge

............Essien.......Mikel................
SWP.................................J.Cole...

....................Sheva......................

....................Drogba.....................


You know it makes sense ok

Specially if he did not want or ask for them in the first place Twisted Evil

You really believe that a guy that trained Portuguese players, that would put J Cole to shame, does not have what it takes to manage 2 skillful players in one team?
avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:11 pm

The only player with a hint of fantasy that he had at Porto was Deco though.

Pierre forgot to add Crespo to that list too.

Sponsored content

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:28 am