Mourinho SACKED!

Share
avatar
lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
Age : 45
Supports : SL Benfica
Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by lampiao007 on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:22 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
Protheus wrote:
TeamSpirit™ wrote:The only player with a hint of fantasy that he had at Porto was Deco though.

Pierre forgot to add Crespo to that list too.

Is this a joke? Doh

Why ?

Lampaio cited Alenichev as an example of one of Porto's more exciting players which says it all really.

Deco became a star in that team - he's comfortable with players who become stars under him because that satisfies his ego but he can't handle a superstar.

Sheva is a player who is willing to smash his face to win a header so its not like there is a commitment issue.

I said Alenitchev was not so bad, what is completely different from "one of Porto's more exciting players".
Your argument is that Mourinho does not handle big starts or creative players well, and I pointed out that was not the case
You then said that the only creative player he had was Deco, and again, I pointed out that was not exactly true.

And Sheva has been atrociously poor ever since he arrived in the EPL. And it was not for lack of chances

We go back to the same point. I still don't think that Mourinho asked or wanted Sheva or Ballack
It looks like they where imposed to him. And once your chairman starts doing so, your job is undermined

Very simple no?
avatar
Batman

Number of posts : 9071
Age : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Batman on Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:50 pm

Mourinho left unimpressed by Chelsea pair Ballack, Shevchenko

Jose Mourinho wasn't impressed by Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack during his farewell speech to his former Chelsea players on Thursday.

24horas says he had told a RTP reporter privately that Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack had their 'heads hung in shame'.

The paper reported: "He told how he hugged 23 stars (Drogba was the player who wept the most) and ignored two.

"Despite not having mentioned their names, everything indicates he was referring to Ballack and Shevchenko, players who never had any great affection for the Portuguese manager and vice-versa."

At the three-hour meeting yesterday, Mourinho spoke to each player individually to thank them for their professionalism during his tenure at the club and to wish them well for the future.

Didier Drogba was reportedly the first to break down in tears after he "hugged him like a departing father".

Mourinho reportedly gave Ballack and Shevchenko, whom he had allegedly not wanted to sign, a frosty handshake.
avatar
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Age : 26
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by TM on Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:47 pm

Arsene Wenger has made one last jab at his old rival Jose Mourinho by saying the former Blues boss spent more time trying to entertain the press than focusing on the game.


Despite saying Mourinho's departure was 'sudden, surprising and brutal', Wenger could not help but add that he felt the man renowned for shouting his mouth off could be easily replaced.

The Gunners boss told The Sun: "It is one thing to be entertaining in press conferences but it is not the same value as being entertaining on the pitch.

"That is what people love football for and there is no doubt Chelsea have the resources to replace him with another top-class manager."

Entertainment factor



Wenger, who clashed with Mourinho on countless occasions on and off the pitch, went on to add that although the Portuguese's arrival made the Premier League more interesting, it was for the wrong reasons.

The Frenchman felt Mourinho spent too much time trying to prove a point to the press, when he should have been concentrating on the success of the club.

He added: "I want to be working in the best league in the world and confronted by the best managers. Mourinho's arrival made this league more interesting because it brought another club into the top-level flight.

"Before it was just Arsenal and Manchester United, now there is also Chelsea, Liverpool and others.

"It is difficult from the outside to assess how much Chelsea's success was down to Mourinho's quality, how much down to Abramovich's money and how much to the fact he inherited a good side which had finished second the previous year.

"One thing I do know is that you can have money and still not win trophies but you cannot be successful if you are a bad coach."

Wenger went on to add that he feels the reason for Mourinho's departure was more to do with the back room antics and his disagreements with Abramovich than his lack of entertaining football.

The Gunners boss also said that he feels Chelsea will bounce back and that he does not expect a player exodus, adding: "There is no danger Chelsea will fall apart.

"It is normal that some players are unhappy whenever a manager leaves - but it is not their job to say who runs the team."
avatar
lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
Age : 45
Supports : SL Benfica
Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by lampiao007 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:44 pm

In another words, Wenger, the king of blindness, is now saying "We may actualy now beat Chelsea, and I can become center of atention once again" Smile

Guest
Guest

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:08 pm

The real reason Mourinho was sacked?
avatar
Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U

Number of posts : 3621
Age : 33
Supports : Manchester United
Favourite Player : Patrice Evra
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Liverpool 0 - 1 Man U on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:11 pm

cheesecake wrote:The real reason Mourinho was sacked?

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
Age : 36
Favourite Player : The Ginger One
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Parks lives on Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:11 pm

Heard this before, very good. Laughing
avatar
Lard

Number of posts : 3822
Age : 31
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Lard on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:53 am

cheesecake wrote:The real reason Mourinho was sacked?

Laugh

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by stinger on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 pm

So, here we go again Wink

Didn't really see this happening Yikes

I guess we won't produce 12 pages this time about him getting sacked from Chelsea.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Kimbo on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:07 pm

That's will be a hell of a payout. His reputation should take a beating, he looks like a 2 season chequebook manager that can't turn form around, no doubt the media will still ride his balls though.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Fey on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Everyone was bitching about the 55 miljoen, but thats just his salary for till 2019..okay its an insane high number but still...

Also, what is he gonna do now? immo he can only go to PSG or perhaps City, other then that its Russia or Turkey for him.
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Murray on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:54 pm

Who's next to get millions of pounds in compensation for being fired as Chelsea manager?
avatar
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Age : 26
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Luis on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Had to go. Clearly lost the dressing room - never seen a bigger fall from grace. Dare I say we'll never see him back in England?

Simeone in the summer then.
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Murray on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:38 pm

avatar
rosenthal

Number of posts : 822
Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
Favourite Player : רוני רוזנטל
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by rosenthal on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Won't be that big of a payout if Mourinho want to work again.
Had to be done, rumour of Hiddink return

Sponsored content

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:09 am