Mourinho SACKED!

Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Mourinho SACKED!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:00 am

Kimbo wrote:
TeamSpirit™ wrote:
Kimbo wrote:You're a pretty boy TS, i could find use for you. ok

I don't think you'll age well though, i think you'll end up looking like Bill Cosby.

I'm not quite sure how to take that...

And it's not just the dying - it's the disabled dying Puro.

Although, we prefer to pour shandy on them down south. The Northerners can't afford it.

I'll teach you. Wink

Kimmy, you're starting to sound like Nutters minus the racial hatred... bounce
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:02 am

TeamSpirit™ wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
TeamSpirit™ wrote:
Kimbo wrote:You're a pretty boy TS, i could find use for you. ok

I don't think you'll age well though, i think you'll end up looking like Bill Cosby.

I'm not quite sure how to take that...

And it's not just the dying - it's the disabled dying Puro.

Although, we prefer to pour shandy on them down south. The Northerners can't afford it.

I'll teach you. Wink

Kimmy, you're starting to sound like Nutters minus the racial hatred... bounce

scratch What? I've been thinking about whoring you out to southern students, i don't know what you're talking about.
Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:05 am

As you can see mate - I'm quite clearly taken.

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:09 am

Like Lrd a couple of years ago I would of considered Mourinhio after Fergie. Not so sure now (SAF has at least this season and next anyway).

Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:09 am

Btw, why not Spurs?
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:11 am

Cause they already have a coach? Besides I think Mourinho deserves a better team then Spuds.
Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:13 am

Parks lives wrote:Btw, why not Spurs?

We can't afford his salary.

And Spurs fans won't put up with negative, dour football. Not one of our strong points, we'd rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0.

Was browsing Spurs PD, and most of them don't want Capello, Lippi or Mourinho for that very reason.
Fey

Post by Fey on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:20 am

Jose's post-sack interview:

"I'm not bitter, no not at all, i think Roman Abramovich should give his money back to the Russian people that he stole from and extradited back to Russia. But of course that is only my opinion."

Typical Jose ok
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:27 am

Fey wrote:Jose's post-sack interview:

"I'm not bitter, no not at all, i think Roman Abramovich should give his money back to the Russian people that he stole from and extradited back to Russia. But of course that is only my opinion."

Typical Jose ok

Shocked

Did he really say that? Because then it's a certainty that some mafia will be after him soon!
forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:31 am

kas wrote:

Typical Jose ok

Shocked

Did he really say that? Because then it's a certainty that some mafia will be after him soon!
If he did say that then he just went up in my estimation. WAY HIGHER.
Fey

Post by Fey on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:34 am

kas wrote:

Typical Jose ok

Shocked

Post-sack interviews in the middle of the night are rare kas Wink It was my Jose imitation. But I wouldnt be surprised if he is actually gonna say that...
forza_rossi

Number of posts : 2563

Post by forza_rossi on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:35 am

Fey wrote:
kas wrote:

Typical Jose ok

Shocked

Post-sack interviews in the middle of the night are rare kas Wink It was my Jose imitation. But I wouldnt be surprised if he is actually gonna say that...
Fey mate, You got game ok

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:52 am

Jesus Christ!
Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane
Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:23 am

shocking, chelsea to get relegated. they got rid of the chosen one

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:23 am

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has sensationally left Stamford Bridge by mutual consent, the club has confirmed.

The news comes just 24 hours after the disappointing Champions League draw against Rosenborg.

BBC Radio 5live football correspondent Jonathan Legard understands Mourinho texted senior players, including skipper John Terry, with the news.

Mourinho joined Chelsea in the summer of 2004 and led them to the Premiership title in each of his first two seasons.

Report: BBC football correspondent Jonathan Legard
Archive: Mourinho's first season with Chelsea

Last season they finished runners-up to Manchester United but won both the FA Cup and Carling Cup, a trophy they had also collected in 2005.

His achievements also saw him voted as Premiership manager of the year in 2005 and 2006.

MOURINHO'S CHELSEA RECORD
2 June, 2004 - Appointed manager
27 February, 2005 - Wins Carling Cup 3-2 v Liverpool
30 April, 2005 - Beat Bolton 2-0 to win Premiership title
4 May, 2005 - Signs new five-year contract
29 April, 2006 - Beat Man Utd 3-0 to win Premiership again
27 February, 2007 - Beat Arsenal 2-1 to win Carling Cup
19 May, 2007 - Win FA Cup by beating Man Utd 1-0 at Wembley
19 September, 2007 - Leaves Stamford Bridge

However the Champions League trophy eluded the club and this season's campaign started with Tuesday's shock 1-1 result against the Norwegians in front of a crowd of just 24,973.

It was their third successive game without a win following a 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa and a goalless draw with Blackburn in the Premier League.

Those results have left Chelsea fifth in the table - two points behind leaders Arsenal and with a visit to Manchester United to come on Sunday.

He did have one unique record during his reign in never losing a home league game at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho signed a five-year contract in 2005 and quashed speculation in January that he would leave Stamford Bridge in the summer by saying he was happy to see out his deal if he received "real support" from the club.

Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
Supports : Operation Puerto
Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Dwarf on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:01 am

José at Spurs, what a wonderfully weird thing to do. He'd have decent full backs, if he played Bale at left back, he'd have a dynamic collection of strikes, a central defence in which the star player is constantly injured, no attacking midfielders of any real ability and a goalkeeper who you cannot protect. He'd be forced to attack, rather than playing dour negative football which worked for Chelsea.
Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:14 am

Yikes

The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by The Vermonster on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:15 am

Sacking a manager 3 days before a potential 6 pointer is sheer madness. I hope Roman has a better replacement lined up or else this decision is going to cost them chance of any silverware this season.
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:17 am

Yikes
Bashmachkin

Number of posts : 2374
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Post by Bashmachkin on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:38 am

The BBC is suggesting that Avram Grant is set to be named Chelseas new manager:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

It seems that its a permanent appointment, not just a part time one until they find something else. He doesnt seem to have much in the way of credentials - the BBC says he almost lead Isreal to World Cup qualification, and coached a couple of big Isreali teams, but thats it - and he looks like a very dull and sleazy guy. Theres no real suggestion, and Ive not heard anything really in the past weeks that do suggest that this guy has been attempting to influence things at the club, and that this might have particularly irritated Mourinho - though maybe his appointment did that enough in itself. But I lose more respect for Abramovich considering this guy doesnt seem to have a huge deal of credibility, considering he doesnt seem particularly interesting or inspiring, and so he seems to have got the job simply by being Abramovichs friend.

I think its a big shame for the Premiership that Mourinho is gone. I think theres maybe a sense to which Chelsea - with the money they have and the number of transfers they have made over the past seasons, with Abramovich seeming to meddle more and more - can be potentially unstable by nature, and Mourinho was superb at taking pressure off the team whilst creating a sense of team spirit and stability. I do think if hed been left more to his own devices he might have stayed, and could have kept Chelsea at the top for a long time.

Chelsea didnt play great football last season, but I think generally and particularly before then theyve been overly criticised for it, because I dont think their football has been so bad. Of course, you can argue that, with such players, Mourinho could have played a more attractive style. Then I dont think Mourinhos actions over the last few months have been great - I think he has failed to get the best out of Ballack and Shevchenko, for instance, and more to the point has probably failed to deal with them so well as people; and I dont understand his transfer policy over the summer. Especially if Ballack wasnt really going to be able to play for a while, or if he wasnt in Mourinhos first team plans, then I think Chelsea in particular needed a better midfielder than Sidwell as backup to Lampard. I can only consider that Mourinho was so tired of the money jibes, and maybe felt that these were, or had the potential to trouble the confidence of the players to such an extent that it was better to spend less, hence all the frees.

I still think Mourinho is an excellent manager, and Im sure he will go on and prove that again somewhere else. But like I say, I think his departure weakens the Premiership, makes Chelseas future more uncertain, and makes things a lot less interesting. Theres only really Wenger now who offers a significant contrast to all the idiot managers in the rest of the League.
DS

Number of posts : 12952
Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:40 am

Bad move , interesting thing would be what will be the new manager approach as Chelsea at the moment are set for the brutal force approach and what will happen to Lampard.

The Vermonster

Number of posts : 522
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Vermaelen - Exceeding the greatest expectations
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by The Vermonster on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 am

Whoa.... looking at the host of names linked with the manager's post one just cannot but wonder, isnt this a case of frying pan to fire.

Deschamps is now the latest. Capello, Lippi, Klinsmann and Ramos have been speculated.

But why Deschamps. Agreed he is a decent manager. Took a Juve team to promotion, before that took a Monaco team to CL finals. But that isn't really the kind of profile you would want if you were a Chelski fan.
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:01 am

half of the chelsea fans in the country are probably rejoicing at this

roman will be throwing his biggest ever party to celebrate the news

great day for chelsea Laughing

let's hope they can all rally round for the weekend
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:10 am

Well I'm a bit late on this, but the thread I made yesterday shows that I'm not exactly surprised. Maybe he reads this forum Wink
TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 am

You are talking about Mourinho, but what will happen with Lampard, Drogba, Sheva, Ballack, Terry and the others when they dont win a trophy this season.
Will they want to leave?(which they surely will) and who of them would be suitable for your club?
I wouldnt mind Drogba for next season, and maybe Carvalho.
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Supports : Arsenal FC
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Cesc Soler on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 am

Tweedle wrote:Well I'm a bit late on this, but the thread I made yesterday shows that I'm not exactly surprised. Maybe he reads this forum Wink
Maybe you knew something that no one else did!
Tweesus

Post by Tweesus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:35 am

TITO wrote:You are talking about Mourinho, but what will happen with Lampard, Drogba, Sheva, Ballack, Terry and the others when they dont win a trophy this season.
Will they want to leave?(which they surely will) and who of them would be suitable for your club?

lol!

The only players leaving will be the ones deemed surplus to requirements. Its not as though they've done a Juventus
Tweesus

Post by Tweesus on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:38 am

Cesc wrote:
Tweedle wrote:Well I'm a bit late on this, but the thread I made yesterday shows that I'm not exactly surprised. Maybe he reads this forum Wink
Maybe you knew something that no one else did!

The writing was on the wall in truth. When Abrahmovich laughed at Rosenborg scoring you knew something was up. And in all honesty, the foootball Mounrinho's team has produced at Chelsea, when you bear in mind all the money that has been spent, has been found watning.

They should be capable of making teams role over. The lack of an sort of number 10creative striker/attacking midfielder in the team really goes to show what Mourinho's weaknesses were
Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:43 am

Bye Bye Mourinho....

Bye Bye Mourinho....

Bye Bye Mourinho.....

Bye Bye Mourinho....
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 am

TITO wrote:You are talking about Mourinho, but what will happen with Lampard, Drogba, Sheva, Ballack, Terry and the others when they dont win a trophy this season.

these guys are basically all on 100 grand plus

it will take a huge financial effort from any club to get them

just look at how much an injury jinxed fringe player went to real for Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am