La Roja

Share
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:06 pm

Actually, I think Aragones may be trying out Iniesta on the left where he looked really good for Barça when replacing Ronaldinho. So a front 3 of Iniesta-Torres-Joaquin, with Cesc in the Deco role. Could work well, though Capdevila will have to work hard.
avatar
The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
Age : 48
Supports : Atlético de Madrid
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by The-Frank-Tavern on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:08 pm

kas wrote:Actually, I think Aragones may be trying out Iniesta on the left where he looked really good for Barça when replacing Ronaldinho. So a front 3 of Iniesta-Torres-Joaquin, with Cesc in the Deco role. Could work well, though Capdevila will have to work hard.

like this

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:nor me really, I assumed something like

back 4 and gk standard

......albelda....xavi

joaquin...cesc.....iniesta

........torres
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:19 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
kas wrote:Actually, I think Aragones may be trying out Iniesta on the left where he looked really good for Barça when replacing Ronaldinho. So a front 3 of Iniesta-Torres-Joaquin, with Cesc in the Deco role. Could work well, though Capdevila will have to work hard.

like this

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:nor me really, I assumed something like

back 4 and gk standard

......albelda....xavi

joaquin...cesc.....iniesta

........torres

Yeah spot on, sorry didn't see that before I posted.
avatar
The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
Age : 48
Supports : Atlético de Madrid
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by The-Frank-Tavern on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:28 pm

its ok mate. must say i'd like to see silva instead of cesc though and move iniesta over, and not sure torres can play this role either
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:24 pm

Spain are f@cked, Torres is injured and will be out for 10 days, perhaps more if it's a tear (in which case Liverpool will also be sweating).

Tamudo likely to take his place. I say Aragones should just go the whole hog and start Luis Garcia as well, the two of them will at least have some understanding and chemistry.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:34 pm

btw, Spain's U-21 team (which won 2-0 in Poland with goals from Jurado and Bojan) is surprisingly strong...almost all the players play in the 1st division. The starting lineup for the Poland match was:

Roberto - GK, but I'm not sure who he is.

Torres - probably the RB, but I don't know him either.

Crespo - LB from Sevilla. Bright talent, looked good at the U20 World Cup.

Torrejón - CB, starter for Espanyol.

Piqué - well known.

Javi Martinez - a CM, Bilbao paid 6 million euros for him last summer when he was still just 17!

Raul Garcia - well known...a starter for Atletico, and should have been called up for the full squad IMO.

Capel - classic LW at Sevilla, made a few first team appearances this season.

Jurado - ex-Madrid Castilla product, a bit overrated and currently a squad rotation player at Atletico...plays on the right wing or off the striker.

Sisi - a left sided midfielder (probably played centrally in this match) who's been one of the revelations of the season for Valladolid.

Bojan - well known.

The subs were Granero and Mata, both Madrid youth products playing elsewhere, Granero on loan at Getafe and Mata a squad player at Valencia (will be making first team appearances sooner rather than later IMO, esp. if Vicente's injuries continue).
avatar
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal FC
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: La Roja

Post by Cesc Soler on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Cesc wrote:I never knew Fabregas had gained 19 Caps for Spain. Yikes

Iniesta obviously deserves a place in the XI after an explosive start. Why only three forwards?
Rolling Eyes

Tamudo will have a chance to shine. I remember he was once being linked with £15m - £20m moves away from Espanyol.
avatar
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Age : 31
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: La Roja

Post by Calidad on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:26 am

Maybe he play Iniesta as CF? He's played AM, LW, RW, DM, CM - why not try him as a No. 9. cheers
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:30 am

Just a question of the number on his back, because he's already scored key goals for Spain Very Happy
avatar
The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
Age : 48
Supports : Atlético de Madrid
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by The-Frank-Tavern on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:09 am

kas wrote:
Torres - probably the RB, but I don't know him either.
i assume your taking the piss mate. surely its miguel torres of Las Mierdas/Madriz
avatar
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Age : 31
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: La Roja

Post by Calidad on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:15 pm

Silva isn't really a LW. He's better in the hole, or as an SS. Shows you how important Vicente is.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:04 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
kas wrote:
Torres - probably the RB, but I don't know him either.
i assume your taking the piss mate. surely its miguel torres of Las Mierdas/Madriz

Oh yeah, genuinely forgot about him!!!
avatar
The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
Age : 48
Supports : Atlético de Madrid
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by The-Frank-Tavern on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:54 pm

kas wrote:
The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
kas wrote:
Torres - probably the RB, but I don't know him either.
i assume your taking the piss mate. surely its miguel torres of Las Mierdas/Madriz

Oh yeah, genuinely forgot about him!!!
lol!
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:18 pm

Got to love this headline from Mundo Deportivo Very Happy

"Este Raúl sí funciona"

golsud

Number of posts : 4869
Supports : Barça
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by golsud on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Great to see the Barça midfield (Xavi,Iniesta,Cesc) <Ale>
avatar
The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
Age : 48
Supports : Atlético de Madrid
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by The-Frank-Tavern on Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:59 am

kas wrote:Got to love this headline from Mundo Deportivo Very Happy

"Este Raúl sí funciona"
lol!
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: La Roja

Post by Tweesus on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:35 pm

Was the Riera that scored the one that was at City last season?!?!
avatar
DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
Age : 31
Supports : Celta Vigo
Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Re: La Roja

Post by DeLux on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Yes.
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: La Roja

Post by Tweesus on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:48 pm

How the hell is he getting into the Spanish squad? He looked very average at City last season
avatar
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Age : 33
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: La Roja

Post by COTR on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:52 pm

Tweedle wrote:How the hell is he getting into the Spanish squad? He looked very average at City last season

he is a very very skillful player tweeds.

I don't confess to being an expert on him but he always seems to pop up with great play / goals in revista and was amazing in the Uefa cup final
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: La Roja

Post by Tweesus on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:54 pm

COTR wrote:
Tweedle wrote:How the hell is he getting into the Spanish squad? He looked very average at City last season

he is a very very skillful player tweeds.

I don't confess to being an expert on him but he always seems to pop up with great play / goals in revista and was amazing in the Uefa cup final

Yeh, but the Spain squad?! That would be about as retarded as McClaren playing Flumpard. Oh.... wait.... Wink
avatar
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Age : 33
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: La Roja

Post by COTR on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Tweedle wrote:
COTR wrote:
Tweedle wrote:How the hell is he getting into the Spanish squad? He looked very average at City last season

he is a very very skillful player tweeds.

I don't confess to being an expert on him but he always seems to pop up with great play / goals in revista and was amazing in the Uefa cup final

Yeh, but the Spain squad?! That would be about as retarded as McClaren playing Flumpard. Oh.... wait.... Wink

But all you knew about him was that he used to play for city so how on earth can you make this judgement tweeds ??? Wink
avatar
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by The Pröfessör on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Tweedle wrote:How the hell is he getting into the Spanish squad? He looked very average at City last season

he's good enough to play for bigger clubs than city and espanyol.

He's a very underrated player.
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: La Roja

Post by Tweesus on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:02 pm

COTR wrote:
Tweedle wrote:
COTR wrote:
Tweedle wrote:How the hell is he getting into the Spanish squad? He looked very average at City last season

he is a very very skillful player tweeds.

I don't confess to being an expert on him but he always seems to pop up with great play / goals in revista and was amazing in the Uefa cup final

Yeh, but the Spain squad?! That would be about as retarded as McClaren playing Flumpard. Oh.... wait.... Wink

But all you knew about him was that he used to play for city so how on earth can you make this judgement tweeds ??? Wink

Well I'm not blind coater. When he was at City I saw him play. He started well and obviously scored that goal for them in his 2nd game I think which was a peach, but aside from that he looked very average
avatar
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Age : 33
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: La Roja

Post by COTR on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:06 pm

But you are blind to what he has been doing since ??

that is my point Wink

He has bags of talent so if he has actually learned how to use it properly then it is easy to see why he was played .... and scored
avatar
Gambit(Ace)

Number of posts : 35
Age : 28
Supports : RCD Espanyol
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Re: La Roja

Post by Gambit(Ace) on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Riera has been outstanding all season. Scoring and assisting and really taking responsbility as the chief midfield influence in the Espanyol team.

All of them quality goals as well. Just seen his goal now for España and thats been typical of him all season

Was he average playing for City? Playing for a team that was dawdling didn't help but I thought he was reasonable.

Well done Tamudo too; great header- Torrente, why were you doubting him again? I trust him to deliver for Spain then I would do Torres
avatar
DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
Age : 31
Supports : Celta Vigo
Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Re: La Roja

Post by DeLux on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:37 pm

Exactly. Tamudo's scored 4 goals in 9 internationals, Torres 15 in 44. He practically had two touches in yesterdays match; one was the goal - a beautiful looped header, the second an assist for Ramos.

Tamudo > Torres
avatar
Gambit(Ace)

Number of posts : 35
Age : 28
Supports : RCD Espanyol
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Re: La Roja

Post by Gambit(Ace) on Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:02 pm

<Ale>

btw, this 28 man passing move for Ramos's goal. Was it really as good as it sounds? Only got to see the flick from Tamudo
avatar
The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
Age : 48
Supports : Atlético de Madrid
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: La Roja

Post by The-Frank-Tavern on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:19 pm

Juego de la Okkas wrote:Exactly. Tamudo's scored 4 goals in 9 internationals, Torres 15 in 44. He practically had two touches in yesterdays match; one was the goal - a beautiful looped header, the second an assist for Ramos.

Tamudo > Torres
ok Laugh
avatar
DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
Age : 31
Supports : Celta Vigo
Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Re: La Roja

Post by DeLux on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:41 pm

Torres is a child of Nike. Tamudo has been scoring consistently in an average team that would have inevitably been relegated without him.

Season - Tamudo - Torres

01-02 17-6
02-03 10-13
03-04 19-19
04-05 11-16
05-06 10-13
06-07 15-14

Is he that better a goalscorer?

Sponsored content

Re: La Roja

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:49 pm