La Roja

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: La Roja

Post by fcb on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 am

Look you and I and everyone else can keep fucking bleating on about how Alonso should be dropped and the midfield should be Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta. But the fact is that with Alonso in there, this team is the World Champion. So there's absolutely no reason why Del Bosque should change anything just because in theory it 'might' be better. If it's already the best, why fix it?
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 am

fcb wrote:Look you and I and everyone else can keep fucking bleating on about how Alonso should be dropped and the midfield should be Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta. But the fact is that with Alonso in there, this team is the World Champion. So there's absolutely no reason why Del Bosque should change anything just because in theory it 'might' be better. If it's already the best, why fix it?

ok

Not sure why you'd want to change a team which has won 15 and drawn 1 of it's last 16 competitive matches. Spain had 63% and 72% possession (according to official figures at least) against Italy and Ireland and Xavi just set a new record for completed passes, so I don't buy this 'it stifles his game' theory. The only justification for dropping Alonso would be that technically he's not as good as the others and it would allow Spain to play a Navas/Pedro type of player, not because it affects Xavi's game.

Sure worms can potentially criticise Del Bosque for looking like an Austrian psycho who'd lock his daughter in a basement for 25 years and father her children, but when it comes to football he's a multiple Champions League and World Cup winner and has utilised the fact that Barcelona have this incredible crop of talented Spanish players to the advantage of the national team (if Villa and Puyol had been fit then Real Madrid man Del Bosque would have have 6-7 Barcelona players in the starting 11 plus Jordi Alba).
Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
Supports : Liverpool
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Football Genius on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:02 pm

S4P wrote:
fcb wrote:Look you and I and everyone else can keep fucking bleating on about how Alonso should be dropped and the midfield should be Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta. But the fact is that with Alonso in there, this team is the World Champion. So there's absolutely no reason why Del Bosque should change anything just because in theory it 'might' be better. If it's already the best, why fix it?

ok

Not sure why you'd want to change a team which has won 15 and drawn 1 of it's last 16 competitive matches. Spain had 63% and 72% possession (according to official figures at least) against Italy and Ireland and Xavi just set a new record for completed passes, so I don't buy this 'it stifles his game' theory. The only justification for dropping Alonso would be that technically he's not as good as the others and it would allow Spain to play a Navas/Pedro type of player, not because it affects Xavi's game.

Sure worms can potentially criticise Del Bosque for looking like an Austrian psycho who'd lock his daughter in a basement for 25 years and father her children, but when it comes to football he's a multiple Champions League and World Cup winner and has utilised the fact that Barcelona have this incredible crop of talented Spanish players to the advantage of the national team (if Villa and Puyol had been fit then Real Madrid man Del Bosque would have have 6-7 Barcelona players in the starting 11 plus Jordi Alba).

Whilst Spain are winning games and tournaments it's absurd to look to make changes to a winning formula. Particularly at the behest of an individual, as it's a team game - and the team at the moment is phenomenal. It's beating everything put in it's path.

Their game is about recycling possession, Alonso contributes to this - but what he also does it maintain a shape defensively for the Spanish, without the ball it allow's players like Xavi, Iniesta, Silva and Torres to press high up the pitch and chase the ball without worrying about being pulled out of position because Alonso and Busquets are there maintaining the team's shape in the event their pressing doesn't win the ball back.

Worms would do better to look at the teams challenging Spain and perhaps analyse how they could set up to beat them, as they, are after all the bench mark.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:58 pm

It's not a theory,I'm sure you being one of our (Barcelona) fans you know the fact that the Busquets,Xavi and Iniesta midfield is the best in the world.

worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:01 am

Sad <Ale>

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:56 pm

I say we drop Silva and play Pedro instead,Silva has got worse with every game that passes by in this Euros.
the real white worm

Number of posts : 393
Favourite Player : BALE, the real white pele
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post by the real white worm on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:58 pm

worms. wrote:I say we drop Silva and play Pedro instead,Silva has got worse with every game that passes by in this Euros.

i luv how silva is lauded in the DPL as an amazing player, yet for Spain he is just another player.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 pm

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 pm

the real white worm

Post by the real white worm on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:26 pm

worms. wrote:

if i wasnt on the bus i would beat off to this
S4P

Post by S4P on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Much more impressive imo.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:29 pm

How is that relevant to us(Spain)?
S4P

Post by S4P on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:44 pm

It proves that even John O'Shea can produce moments you could beat off to.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Super Balenced wrote:
worms. wrote:

if i wasnt on the bus i would beat off to this

Laugh

worm's gifs and various compilations always stop because the player loses the ball

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:01 pm

10% proving he didn't in fact watch the game last night,Pedro successfully passed it to another one of our playrs at the end there.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:02 pm

I didn't see the whole match, so missed that Busquets moment. Is he attacking or defending? from position of the Portuguese, I assume he is doing some Spanish attacking, i.e. making no effort to get near the box and instead using his skill in order to manufacture a backwards pass Razz
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:07 pm

No it was actually a lovely bit of skill in the Portugal box if you can believe it but since there is no youtube clip then it didn't happen. ok
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Jaime wrote:No it was actually a lovely bit of skill in the Portugal box if you can believe it but since there is no youtube clip then it didn't happen. ok
Laugh
debaser

Post by debaser on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Jaime wrote:No it was actually a lovely bit of skill in the Portugal box if you can believe it but since there is no youtube clip then it didn't happen. ok

I'm talking about the gif worms posted scratch
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:16 pm

debaser wrote:

I'm talking about the gif worms posted scratch

Ohhh. That gif is Pedro I think...

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:22 pm

I am sure we can watch the whole match again online. Just tell me at what approx time this "skill" happened and I'll take a look if it did really occur and busquets did in fact make a contribution to the match, rather than just not getting in xavi's way

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Busquets is already probably the greatest ever DM in history,keep hatin'.
debaser

Post by debaser on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Ah, okay. I saw him bleating about some Busquets skill earlier and assumed that was it..hard to identify players in image that tiny.

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 pm

10% Busquets is the tall one with number 16 on his back.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:28 pm

110% wrote:

I am sure we can watch the whole match again online. Just tell me at what approx time this "skill" happened and I'll take a look if it did really occur and busquets did in fact make a contribution to the match, rather than just not getting in xavi's way

It was in the second extra time.
S4P

Post by S4P on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:34 pm

worms. wrote:Busquets is already probably the greatest ever DM in history,keep hatin'.

lol!

Fucking hell.

And you wonder why he's been getting over-criticised on this forum since you joined?
the real white worm

Post by the real white worm on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:44 pm

[quote="worms."]Busquets is already probably the greatest ever DM in history[quote]

agreed ok
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:42 pm

when will spanish defenders start to get some respect, we all hail these great defenders who play in good defensive teams, that have a bank of 3 or 4 midfielders in front of a deep defensive line, yet say Spanish defenders are protected by the amount of possession the team has, which is right, but the other defenders are just left exposed and its only their brilliance that keeps their teams in it.

Puyol: the bulldog
Ramos: His heir
Pique: Too cool for school,Mr Waka Waka

need to start getting some respect
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:55 pm

worms.

Post by worms. on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Exactly I prefer cultured defenders who are technically competent as well as having some pace like David Luiz,Ramos or Hummels rather than Terry who can't play a high line without bowing down to Van Persie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:41 am