Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Share
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Something smells real bad in Scottish football. What smells? The bent people who run it, that is what.

Following some dodgy manoeuvres, Rangers withdrew four of their players prior to this Saturdayís Old Firm game. Nothing unusual in that: teams regularly remove their players from international squads on the basis that they are injured, only for them to miraculously recover before some important game.

What really stinks is that the Scotland physio also happens to be the Rangers physio. And, Scotlandís doctor also happens to be Rangersí former doctor.

Now, to save any embarrassment about withdrawing key players prior to Saturdayís game, the physio Ė an ex-Rangers employee, remember Ė forced, yes forced, a Celtic player to withdraw from the squad even though he was fully fit to participate in the midweek game against Croatia.

Why would he do that? I donít know precisely, but it seems reasonable to imagine that Barry Robson was forced out of the game in order to implicate Celtic, who refused to withdraw any players from the Scotland camp, in the whole debacle.

How coincidental, then, that on the same day that Rangersí control over corrupt officials involved in running the national team was exposed a story is conjured up about Celtic fans partaking in sectarian chanting during the Barca-Celtic game last month. Why now?

Further, isnít it strange that Boruc wants to leave again according to the Scottish media on the cusp of a massive game for Celtic? Yet stories about Rangers in the press are, as far as I can gather, all positive.

A disease-ridden football community exists in Scotland.

http://www.celtic.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=104596

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2154317.0.robson_raring_to_go_after_surprise.php

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/03/28/celtic-want-answers-after-robson-sent-home-by-scotland-86908-20365466/

Cheers

ps If you look at the first link you can find a new over pronounced chin to add to your collections. McGeady has a large chin too.



Last edited by The Quiet Earth on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Fey on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Disgusting!! But then again...its Rangers Erm The most hated club in the world.
avatar
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Age : 24
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Easter Bunny on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:11 pm

We all hate rangers Ale

Allah Celtic!
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10191
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Murray on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:39 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:We all hate rangers Ale


and Celtic
avatar
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Age : 24
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:05 am

Murray wrote:
The Easter Bunny wrote:We all hate rangers Ale


and Celtic

You will find more people hate Rangers in England than Celtic Ale
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Surprise, surprise. UEFA have dropped the investigation into Celtic fans' sectarian chanting during the Barca game.

The SFA also refuse to investigate Thomson's dive and offer instead to investigate such matters retrospectively from next season. How convenient. Further, it is no surprise that the Scottish Playersí Union, run by a former Rangersí player called Fraser Wishart, has leapt to the defence of Thomson.

And what is this about McCoist teaching the youth players a sectarian song in the Rangers' changing rooms.

Yef

Number of posts : 2619
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Yef on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Rangers= Scum! They get away with everything, I hope we will play them next year in the Waffa cup again, to beat both on and of the pitch!! They should leave poor old Celtic alone.

They come to our 100-year party Ale
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 36
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:33 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
Murray wrote:
The Easter Bunny wrote:We all hate rangers Ale


and Celtic

You will find more people hate Rangers in England than Celtic Ale

Really? Most Celtic supporters believe the country is still in the grip of a potato famine, that the only way to salvation is to renounce the rest of the UK as evil and spend every other second of the day battling the oppression and injustices of the World.

Celtic supporters whinge and appear even more hard done by then their Liverpool cousins.

Don't mind the club, hate the mindset Ale
avatar
monty

Number of posts : 288
Age : 30
Supports : Kilmarnock, Chelsea and Kaiserslautern
Favourite Player : Michael Ballack
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by monty on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Basically the media suck up the Old Firms arse all the time. The call offs were a joke and have been called such just like Celtics end of season tour denying Scotland the use of Celtic players against the Czech Republic is also a joke.

The reason the Boruc stories always come out before a big game is because he is specifically asked if he would like to play in these high profile games every week to which he answers that indeed he would and to do so he may have to leave Celtic.

Doubt the McCoist story is true. Would be very stupid to do such a thing and to be fair to the man having met him, he is quite an intelligent guy.

UEFA investigation was probably dropped because mobile phone evidence wont be the best to gain a prosecution.
Was there secterian singing possibly as there is at nearly every away game the Old Firm play in.

Celtic and Rangers are both as bad as each other but sadly they are allowed to dictate Scottish football and until somebody tells them to f@ck off then nothing will change.
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:33 pm

monty wrote:Basically the media suck up the Old Firms arse all the time. The call offs were a joke and have been called such just like Celtics end of season tour denying Scotland the use of Celtic players against the Czech Republic is also a joke.

The reason the Boruc stories always come out before a big game is because he is specifically asked if he would like to play in these high profile games every week to which he answers that indeed he would and to do so he may have to leave Celtic.

Doubt the McCoist story is true. Would be very stupid to do such a thing and to be fair to the man having met him, he is quite an intelligent guy.

UEFA investigation was probably dropped because mobile phone evidence wont be the best to gain a prosecution.
Was there secterian singing possibly as there is at nearly every away game the Old Firm play in.

Celtic and Rangers are both as bad as each other but sadly they are allowed to dictate Scottish football and until somebody tells them to f@ck off then nothing will change.

The same journalist who reported this story also claims, I believe, that McCoist taught the song to the youth players.

'Journos gathering in the foyer at Murray Park for Tuesday's pre-match briefing for the Rangers v Hearts CIS Insurance Cup semi final were startled by a sudden outbreak of singing from the youth dressing rooms just down the corridor.

Despite an impressive reflex effort by the security man to shut the doors on the din, it was possible to identify that hallowed bluenose ditty, sung to the Lee Marvin tune, I Was Born Under A Wandering Star and paraphrased as I Was Born Under A Union Jack, the refrain of which goes:
advertisement

Do you know where hell is?

Hell is up the Falls, Heaven's up the Shankill Road, And under Derry's Walls!

Yes, you can take the training ground out of Govan... '


I've met McCoist too. He struck me as one of the lads.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/02/01/sfnrod301.xml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/02/08/sfnrod308.xml
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Senor Woody wrote:
The Easter Bunny wrote:
Murray wrote:
The Easter Bunny wrote:We all hate rangers Ale


and Celtic

You will find more people hate Rangers in England than Celtic Ale

Really? Most Celtic supporters believe the country is still in the grip of a potato famine, that the only way to salvation is to renounce the rest of the UK as evil and spend every other second of the day battling the oppression and injustices of the World.

Celtic supporters whinge and appear even more hard done by then their Liverpool cousins.

Don't mind the club, hate the mindset Ale

I think a lot of Celtic fans are frustrated by the obvious media bias towards Rangers. Of course, the media have no obligation to be impartial, unlike the BBC, for example. But the frustrating part is that some of the guys in the media, Darryl King, for example, have such an obvious agenda but deny it when confronted. Darryl King is the son of David Murray's friend. David Murray gave Darryl King his first job in print media. Darryl King denies he has any affiliation with Rangers. Riiiight.

In addition, it would be ignorant to claim that the footballing institutions in Scotland do not favour Rangers over Celtic.

Accordingly, Celtic fans - and anybody else who decides to - are justified in bleating on about such things.

I used to support Rangers when I was a child. But the club is so insular and corrupt. I don't support Celtic either, but I have some sympathy for what they are up against in Scotland.

Here's an example of the bias that exists. Celtic were vigorously attacked in the Scottish media when a fan, a single fan, I believe, taunted Claudio Reyna over 9/11. For what it is worth, the guy sitting next to him pulls the guy down. Do the Rangers' fans police themselves? See the photograph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhrN5ZyRQk

Rangersí fans, not a single fan, but fans, regularly taunt Nakamura about the atomic holocaust that occurred in his country. Nothing - nothing - is reported by the Scottish media. Edit - I have no proof that Rangers' fans are taunting Nakamura about Hiroshima or Nagasaki. Although the statement isn't false, rather it is unproven, I retract my comment.



http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1574325.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1581416.stm


Last edited by The Quiet Earth on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Dejan Savićević

Number of posts : 2921
Supports : A.C. Milan/Italy
Favourite Player : Lionel Messi, Andrťs Iniesta, Xavi
Registration date : 2007-01-26

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Dejan Savićević on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Whoa, that is facked. Crying or Very sad
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Meant to say. I despise - fooking despise - Artur Boruc. He courts confrontation and causes havoc. The guy is a twat and utter scum.

I would sack him immediately if I was the Celtic manager - and then deport him if I was the home secretary.
avatar
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Age : 27
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Hlebagone on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:03 pm

The Quiet Earth wrote:Meant to say. I despise - fooking despise - Artur Boruc. He courts confrontation and causes havoc. The guy is a twat and utter scum.

I would sack him immediately if I was the Celtic manager - and then deport him if I was the home secretary.

How so?
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:05 pm

Hlebadinho wrote:
The Quiet Earth wrote:Meant to say. I despise - fooking despise - Artur Boruc. He courts confrontation and causes havoc. The guy is a twat and utter scum.

I would sack him immediately if I was the Celtic manager - and then deport him if I was the home secretary.

How so?

Because of the trouble he tries to create during Rangers-Celtic games. The guy is confrontational and purposefully attempts to cause trouble.

I would have sacked him a long time ago.

Edit - And once he's caused trouble, he claims he's innocent and wouldn't cause trouble.


Last edited by The Quiet Earth on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Tweesus on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:06 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
Murray wrote:
The Easter Bunny wrote:We all hate rangers Ale


and Celtic

You will find more people hate Rangers in England than Celtic Ale

Not really. Think most people hate Celtic equally.
avatar
Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Roger Hunt on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Nah - I definitely would say I favour Celtic, even after that d***head Keane went there.

The only club in Europe to win the EC with all home-grown players, and the first British team to do the treble. You've got to respect that.
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Tweesus on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Well I hate Celtic with a passion so I that makes it 1-1 Ale
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Clergyman Supertramp wrote:Rangers= Scum! They get away with everything, I hope we will play them next year in the Waffa cup again, to beat both on and of the pitch!! They should leave poor old Celtic alone.

They come to our 100-year party
Ale

That's quite weird! Your wish has been granted. Do you know the winning lottery numbers by chance, haha!

ok

Spurs boss Ramos is up for De Kuip with Celtic
Last updated at 09:08am on 2nd April 2008

Comments Comments
Ramos

Tottenham, under boss Juande Ramos, will take part in a mini-tournament in August to celebrate Feyenoord's centenary
Tottenham manager Juande Ramos' preparations for next season are already taking shape after Spurs agreed to take part in a mini-tournament in August to celebrate Feyenoord's centenary.

ē More Premier League news club by club

ē More Celtic news

Celtic and Borussia Dortmund will also feature in the competition at De Kuip Stadium in Rotterdam, which will take place between 1-3 August.

Feyenoord invited Spurs and Celtic as they were the teams they beat to win the UEFA Cup and European Cup in 1974 and 1970 respectively.

The competition will be a welcome warm-up ahead of Ramos' first full season in charge and he is determined the squad play some tough games so they will be ready to challenge for a top six place from the start.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=553669&in_page_id=1779
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Puro on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Yo Murray is this true them Rangers and anyone associated with the Rangers are big time twats? scratch

My man LRD knows a little about Scottish football. What's up with'em Rangers? Is it true what I'm reading? <Ale>
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10191
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Murray on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Rangers and Celtic are as bad as each other. They are a cancer on Scottish football.

Yef

Number of posts : 2619
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Yef on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:24 pm

The Quiet Earth wrote:
Clergyman Supertramp wrote:Rangers= Scum! They get away with everything, I hope we will play them next year in the Waffa cup again, to beat both on and of the pitch!! They should leave poor old Celtic alone.

They come to our 100-year party
Ale

That's quite weird! Your wish has been granted. Do you know the winning lottery numbers by chance, haha!

ok

Spurs boss Ramos is up for De Kuip with Celtic
Last updated at 09:08am on 2nd April 2008

Comments Comments
Ramos

Tottenham, under boss Juande Ramos, will take part in a mini-tournament in August to celebrate Feyenoord's centenary
Tottenham manager Juande Ramos' preparations for next season are already taking shape after Spurs agreed to take part in a mini-tournament in August to celebrate Feyenoord's centenary.

ē More Premier League news club by club

ē More Celtic news

Celtic and Borussia Dortmund will also feature in the competition at De Kuip Stadium in Rotterdam, which will take place between 1-3 August.

Feyenoord invited Spurs and Celtic as they were the teams they beat to win the UEFA Cup and European Cup in 1974 and 1970 respectively.

The competition will be a welcome warm-up ahead of Ramos' first full season in charge and he is determined the squad play some tough games so they will be ready to challenge for a top six place from the start.


[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=553669&in_page_id=1779
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=553669&in_page_id=1779[/quote[/url]]


Biggrin

Well I already knew it kinda, we invited those three teams, cause we beated them in a EC-final.

I hope all the Feyenoord and Celtic fans join together and beat up the Spurs fans, that would be awesome! And perhaps finish of the Germans later!

Ale
avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Puro wrote:Yo Murray is this true them Rangers and anyone associated with the Rangers are big time twats? scratch

My man LRD knows a little about Scottish football. What's up with'em Rangers? Is it true what I'm reading? <Ale>

I realise you didn't address me, Puro, but I wouldn't make this up! Perhaps I have been misinformed, however.

But I have lived in Glasgow since I was born and I can vouch for the lack of evenhandedness by Scottish media correspondents.
avatar
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Puro on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:35 pm

The Quiet Earth wrote:
Puro wrote:Yo Murray is this true them Rangers and anyone associated with the Rangers are big time twats? scratch

My man LRD knows a little about Scottish football. What's up with'em Rangers? Is it true what I'm reading? <Ale>

I realise you didn't address me, Puro, but I wouldn't make this up! Perhaps I have been misinformed, however.

But I have lived in Glasgow since I was born and I can vouch for the lack of evenhandedness by Scottish media correspondents.

Who are you? past name?
The same stuff happened in Peru too with Alianza Lima and Universitario having a stranglehold of the league for many years until Sporting Cristal and Cienciano learned how to whoop their ass. Now, there's even another club newly established San Martin who can whoop Peru's old 'Old Firm' ass Alianza/Universitario.

Much like in Scotland, the sports publications are biased towards Alianza and Universitario.

<Ale>
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by EMP on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:36 pm

[quote="The Quiet Earth"]Surprise, surprise. UEFA have dropped the investigation into Celtic fans' sectarian chanting during the Barca game.

The SFA also refuse to investigate Thomson's dive and offer instead to investigate such matters retrospectively from next season. How convenient. Further, it is no surprise that the Scottish Playersí Union, run by a former Rangersí player called Fraser Wishart, has leapt to the defence of Thomson.

And what is this about McCoist teaching the youth players a sectarian song in the Rangers' changing rooms.[/quote]

If this is true he should be sacked. At the start of the season and during last season he was involved in the anti-sectarianism initiative launched by Rangers that asked supporters to shop those involved in sectarian chanting and singing to the club so the club could ban them. What a hypocrite!
avatar
monty

Number of posts : 288
Age : 30
Supports : Kilmarnock, Chelsea and Kaiserslautern
Favourite Player : Michael Ballack
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by monty on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Cheers for the reports from the Telegraph Quiet Earth but the reports don't specifically mention McCoist and as Billy Kirkwood and Alan Kernaghan are the youth coaches at Rangers it would have to ask where they were at this time.

Agree with Murray that they are both as bad as each other. On media bias there are writers such as Hugh Keevins who are hugely in favour of Celtic as well as football commentator Jock Brown who left STV to become General Manager at Celtic before going back to being a commentator.

Sadly Puro there are no other teams here that are ready to challenge the Old Firm because any time they build a decent team their players are stolen from them.

One example of what is wrong with the Scottish sporting psyche, on saturday I was in a pub in Falkirk with my friends during the Old Firm derby before Kilmarnock played Falkirk at 3pm. A man walks up to us and asks who we are supporting. We all answer that we hate both of them. The man responds with "Yes but you must prefer one or the other" We promptly told the man to "fuck off".
Sadly too many people in Scotland DO prefer one of them as opposed to watching their local team.

I study in Stirling and play in a students league held at Stenhousemuir's ground and all you see is Old Firm tops in each place.

Is there honestly a country that is stuck in a cultural strangehold by two teams anywhere else in Europe? For football lovers I truly hope not
avatar
L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
Age : 33
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by L.r.d on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Puro wrote:Yo Murray is this true them Rangers and anyone associated with the Rangers are big time twats? scratch

My man LRD knows a little about Scottish football. What's up with'em Rangers? Is it true what I'm reading? <Ale>

The Bulk or the quiet earth as he's now known, knows his stuff on scottish football. Doesn't appear to have any bias or anything either. But on these stories i think maybe a little exagerration. I think the media have a lot of bias both ways, there are certain papers pro Rangers and certain pro Celtic, certain writers each way also. Maybe Rangers have an advantage with the national team given that the manager was in charge of them not long ago, so im sure he has contacts or people working for him and them.

Celtic fans on the whole are very paranoid and claim everything is against them when usually it's not the case. Heard before of refs houses getting bricks through them after certain decisions not in Celtic's favour.

On a lighter note can you spot the difference?



avatar
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Age : 36
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by The Bulk on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Honestly, I have no agenda. If I was exposed to dirt about Celtic - or any other Scottish team for that matter - I would convey it here.

It's true: sometimes when I am very angry - usually with my confrontational sister - I do embellish things a little. But I haven't done that here.

monty

Yeah, that article doesn't mention McCoist. I read about McCoist's involvement on a Celtic forum. The poster states that the same journalist, Roddy Forsyth, a well-respected guy in the print media, reported that McCoist was responsible for the youth players signing that sectarian song. I searched Google for that evidence, but I didn't find it.

EMP

For McCoist to be sacked, tangible evidence would have to be leaked to the Scottish media. Hearsay, like this, wouldn't cut the mustard. Even if Roddy Forsyth, the Telegraph reporter, did convey that information in his broadsheet, something more substantial would have to be forthcoming before Rangers would act.

When reports of Donald Findlay QC, Rangers' vice chairman at the time, singing The Billy Boys at a Rangers Supporters Club were leaked to the press, Findlay denied their veracity. It was only when a video of him singing the song was shown on Scottsh news channels that he resigned. The same thing would have to happen with McCoist.

And Donald Findlay QC is still at it Ė telling sectarian jokes, that is. I saw him once driving around town in a convertible with a beautiful blonde. He should stick to the blondes and leave the sectarian nonsense behind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6765143.stm

Cheers
avatar
L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
Age : 33
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by L.r.d on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:04 pm

I see Celtic have lost againt oday. Surely Strachan is very close to the sack, the fans already hated him ages ago.

Rangers now almost guaranteed to be champions. Smith can rest players now for the Sporting game, they can afford a loss.
avatar
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Age : 53
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by EMP on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:13 pm

The Quiet Earth wrote:Honestly, I have no agenda. If I was exposed to dirt about Celtic - or any other Scottish team for that matter - I would convey it here.

It's true: sometimes when I am very angry - usually with my confrontational sister - I do embellish things a little. But I haven't done that here.

monty

Yeah, that article doesn't mention McCoist. I read about McCoist's involvement on a Celtic forum. The poster states that the same journalist, Roddy Forsyth, a well-respected guy in the print media, reported that McCoist was responsible for the youth players signing that sectarian song. I searched Google for that evidence, but I didn't find it.

EMP

For McCoist to be sacked, tangible evidence would have to be leaked to the Scottish media. Hearsay, like this, wouldn't cut the mustard. Even if Roddy Forsyth, the Telegraph reporter, did convey that information in his broadsheet, something more substantial would have to be forthcoming before Rangers would act.

When reports of Donald Findlay QC, Rangers' vice chairman at the time, singing The Billy Boys at a Rangers Supporters Club were leaked to the press, Findlay denied their veracity. It was only when a video of him singing the song was shown on Scottsh news channels that he resigned. The same thing would have to happen with McCoist.

And Donald Findlay QC is still at it Ė telling sectarian jokes, that is. I saw him once driving around town in a convertible with a beautiful blonde. He should stick to the blondes and leave the sectarian nonsense behind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6765143.stm

Cheers

Fair enough, but I did say, if true. Perhaps should have said if proved. It's more his involvement in the anti-sectarianism initiative that I found offensive if he was teaching young players to be dickheads! ok

Sponsored content

Re: Whatís that smell? Aha, itís Scottish football

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun May 28, 2017 9:39 pm