Werder Bremen 2014/2015

chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
Supports : Werder Bremen
Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Werder Bremen 2014/2015

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:44 pm

The Bulk wrote:Does Diego struggle to perform away from home in Europe?
No, not in general. It´s more a problem of Werder Bremen as a whole...we often struggle away from home, especially this season.

The Bulk wrote:I was hoping for big things from Werder last night.
Yeah, me too. I didn´t watch the game last night though, so I can´t comment much. From what I have read I got the impression that without Wiese´s mistakes the game would probably have ended with a draw.

The Bulk wrote:I was also hoping that Borowski would replicate what The Hammer, Jorg Albertz, used to do at Ibrox.
I was surprised Borowski had to warm the bench last night, not sure why.

The Bulk wrote:Naldo saved your bacon. What a tackle, and what a defender.
From what I have heard he just corrected his own mistake though with this tackle.

The Bulk wrote:I actually told my friend to look out for Tim Wiese because I thought he was good! His performance last night was shocking!
Well, normally he is a good goalie all in all. He already saved many unsaveables for us, but from time to time he has blackouts like last night.
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Re: Werder Bremen 2014/2015

Post by The Bulk on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Aside from the goals and mistakes, Rangers had two very good chances to score from open play. The first chance brought out a good save from Wiese. And the second was a certain goal was it not for Naldo saving the day.

I think you deserved to lose last night.

But it should be a good game in Bremen next week, because Rangers have been good at defending leads in certain games this season and you guys are good at running amok in the Weserstadion. So Rangers will sit in hoping to see out a 0-0, and you guys will attack them with vigour.
Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
Supports : Deutschland
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:33 pm

chrissicross wrote:
The Bulk wrote:Does Diego struggle to perform away from home in Europe?
No, not in general. It´s more a problem of Werder Bremen as a whole...we often struggle away from home, especially this season.

Do you actually have an explanation for your away weakness in Europe, chrissi? It's something that is quite obvious for two or three seasons now, and for a reason, you don't seem to be able to solve this problem.

From my point of you, Werder sometimes just look as if they are lacking a certain inspiration or even passion. Most notably in matches against Lazio this year (well, most if not all of you away matches in Europe this year look like that) or Alkmaar (??) last season. What I also find quite astonishing is the fact that you rarely score away from home. IMO that is the main point that needs to be addressed by your club. You've got so many attacking minded players, but for a reason they only show their qualities in home matches. Don't know, maybe it's just a psychological problem but, as you know, in (European) Cup competitions you can't rely on your home strength only. The match against Glasgow was another example for that. Wiese's blunders cost you the match, but apart from that your whole performance was just very poor. Your attack was non-existent and in the end you were lucky that you didn't concede one or two more goals, another "Weser-Wunder" next week is thus still possible. Wink

In other matches (Lyon or Ajax, for example), however, you just look too 'naive' for my liking. If you have problems to score away, then why are you still playing in such an attacking minded style and don't play for a draw? Even a narrow loss is an acceptable result away from home, so why does Schaaf not adjust his gameplan when it's needed? With Mertesacker and Naldo you have two fantastic CBs, your defensive mids are decent too, so I really don't see a reason, why Bremen should not be able "to defend a draw".

In away games against the bigger clubs (Madrid, Juve etc.) you are often doing well, although most of the matches end with a disappointing/unlucky result. Still, in those matches you represent the Bundesliga pretty well, so no complains here (for once Wink).

But the question remains: Why does Werder struggle in a way matches against clubs which are - quality-wise - weaker or on par with you? And, as this problem is salient for more than two seasons now, I am wondering why none of your officials addresses it? Again, it's not meant to offend you in a certain way; I am just interested in your opinion and which explanations you have for all that.
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:52 pm

How has Sanogo been playing since the ACN? I know he was sick recently, but what about before? Does he get a game? Is he still in form, or has he lost his way?
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC

Post by Calidad on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Rangers are awful away from home. Bremen are more than capable of overturning the result. ok

btw what's happened to blut? awesome poster.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Chelsea offenbar an Diego dran
http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_2193042.html

Die englische Boulevardzeitung "The Sun" zitiert diesbezüglich einen Klubinsider: "Im Umfeld des Klubs wird viel über Diego gesprochen. Es gibt in Europa viele Interessenten für ihn, aber Chelsea dürfte am ehesten in der Lage sein, genügend Geld zu bieten."

Loddar Maddäus??? Whistle

He hasn't started his internship at Bremen yet, right? Biggrin Wink
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:11 am

BUST-UP CLOUDS BREMEN PREPARATIONS
Posted 12/03/08 19:29

Werder Bremen striker Aaron Hunt has fired a verbal volley at team-mate Diego ahead of Thursday's crunch UEFA Cup clash with Rangers.

Hunt slated the Brazilian for his role in the dressing-room bust-up between the pair which followed Bremen's 2-0 defeat at Ibrox last Thursday.
They clashed just moments after leaving the pitch, and while coach Thomas Schaaf insisted the incident was not for discussion on Wednesday, Hunt freely spoke his mind after training.

He said: "Diego and I had an argument on the pitch because I was disappointed about the game.

"We should not have lost. But I thought it was done.

"In the locker room he then attacked me from behind and punched me in the back.

"I want to make clear that I did not punch him.

"Most of the team was in the locker room and saw what happened. They know how it was and that's what counts.

"It says something about a person if he attacks you from behind."

Hunt also voiced his disappointment about being handed the same fine as Diego, because in his eyes the Brazilian was the aggressor.
He said: "It is not just, if someone punches and the other one does not, that they both get the same fine.

"I don't think that is fair. It was the decision of the coach (Schaaf) and the sports director (Klaus Allofs) and if they think that is right, so be it."

Despite making his feelings about the incident clear, the striker admitted he has accepted Diego's apology.

Hunt said: "We sat down with the coach and the sports director after the match in Stuttgart and he [Diego] apologised. Of course I accepted and that is that."

Diego took a different view of the incident.

"There were no punches thrown," he told reporters. "It was just a verbal argument and that is normal in football."

The first-leg defeat leaves Werder with a mountain to climb in Thursday's showdown, as Rangers begin as favourites to reach the quarter-finals.
Nevertheless, Schaaf still fancies his club's chances.

"There is nothing required which we can't do - we don't need a miracle," Schaaf said.

"We have to focus on ourselves and put on a good performance. We are very well capable of scoring goals and getting a good result.

"Rangers have a very strong team but it is possible to score goals against them."

Frank Baumann (flu), Petri Pasanen (rip) and Ivan Klasnic (thigh) have all been ruled out of the clash, while Schaaf reaffirmed his confidence in Tim Wiese.

The goalkeeper committed two costly blunders in the first leg before Stuttgart torched him for six goals in Saturday's 6-3 victory.
"I have not doubted him one single second," Schaaf said.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8925_3292190,00.html

Doh

Brilliant. Why do Hunt and Diego have to discuss this $h!t in public?!
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:40 am

Oh dear. I can understand how Hunt feels if he's been portrayed as one half of a punch-up when he was simply on the receiving end...

This Diego and Chelsea stuff is ridiculous. "Neustart" or no, he's the most un-Chelsea-like player you can imagine; it all just sounds so ill-thought-out. And if they want to move away from $h!t-on-a-stick football, they don't need drastic change in personnel, just e.g. ausmustering Lampard and playing a 4-4-2 with Ballack and Essien in the middle would be one way.

I can see any move for him being problematic anyway, he needs to consider carefully. He should probably play at a club that plays, or is happy to play, with a true 10 (very few clubs play with a genuine diamond as Werder do, even if he could notionally replace a Lampard-style player backed up by multiple DMs...).
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:22 pm

You shouldn´t give too much on all these rumours about Diego. Two days ago it was Juventus or even Fiorentina , yesterday Chelsea and today it´s Atletico and Barcelona and not to forget Real Madrid at least twice an month since he joined Bremen.

Chelsea today denied an interest on the their homepage btw.
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:25 pm

So what about tonight? I expect another Wunder von der Weser. Think Rangers will score one (maybe even more), but Werder will go through, 4-1, 6-2 or something like that. Glad ZDF has got this match, so I can see it.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Ballhaeschen wrote:
Doh

Brilliant. Why do Hunt and Diego have to discuss this $h!t in public?!
Yeah, you´re right. However, it was neither Diego nor Hunt who informed Bild in the first place, seems we (still) have some kind of "Maulwurf" in our team. And Allofs already confirmed the incident before the press hordes caught Diego and Hunt after the training.
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:34 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Oh dear. I can understand how Hunt feels if he's been portrayed as one half of a punch-up when he was simply on the receiving end...

This Diego and Chelsea stuff is ridiculous. "Neustart" or no, he's the most un-Chelsea-like player you can imagine; it all just sounds so ill-thought-out. And if they want to move away from $h!t-on-a-stick football, they don't need drastic change in personnel, just e.g. ausmustering Lampard and playing a 4-4-2 with Ballack and Essien in the middle would be one way.

I can see any move for him being problematic anyway, he needs to consider carefully. He should probably play at a club that plays, or is happy to play, with a true 10 (very few clubs play with a genuine diamond as Werder do, even if he could notionally replace a Lampard-style player backed up by multiple DMs...).

Hunt is a bit of a c**t to go public with this statement though. I understand his anger, but he should better focus on the upcoming match which is very important for Bremen; his wounded feelings are (or should be) of secondary importance at the moment.

Re Ballack. I think Lampard and Micha played very well together lately. I wouldn't mind if Lampsy stays with Chelsea and to give him his due, he scores goals galore for them, even though it's only against the Derbys and Readings of the league. Wink
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:40 pm

De Guzman wrote:So what about tonight? I expect another Wunder von der Weser. Think Rangers will score one (maybe even more), but Werder will go through, 4-1, 6-2 or something like that. Glad ZDF has got this match, so I can see it.
Well, I'm not optimistic about tonight tbh...we need too many chances to score atm. In Stuttgart it was 28 : 9 shots on goal and 62% ball possession for Bremen and we still lost 3-6. We just make too many idiotic mistakes and Diego is not in form...
The Bulk

Number of posts : 1961

Post by The Bulk on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:41 pm

That’s three unsavoury things I’ve read about Diego recently. Is he quite childish and insecure? Anyway, Hunt should have approached Schaaf and Allofs if he felt that the fine was inequitable. If his version of events is correct, then the fine meted out by his superiors is blatantly unfair. Calling Hunt a c**t because he is frustrated is a tad harsh. He demonstrated great restraint if he didn’t retaliate against Diego.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:48 pm

The Bulk wrote:That’s three unsavoury things I’ve read about Diego recently. Is he quite childish and insecure? Anyway, Hunt should have approached Schaaf and Allofs if he felt that the fine was inequitable. If his version of events is correct, then the fine meted out by his superiors is blatantly unfair. Calling Hunt a c**t because he is frustrated is a tad harsh. He demonstrated great restraint if he didn’t retaliate against Diego.
Not sure what´s wrong with Diego atm, it seems he has difficulties to control his nerves.
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Chrissi, I've read that the Allofs and co have changed their mind in regard to your stadium. Was a bit surprised to hear that, as I've always thought that extending the capacity of the Weserstadium was one of the most important goals of your club Question Or are these plans just postponed?
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Yeah, I'm with The Bulk here, though the point about keeping things quiet ahead of a big match is valid. Let's hope it's a good one anyway.

Fair enough in a way re Flumps Ballhäschen, though I haven't really seen much of Chelsea lately – the point for me is more that you will never play a genuinely attractive brand of football with it in the side. In a way because of their attacking roles Diego could theoretically replace it at Chelsea, though that'd be a disastrous move for him in my view and thankfully an extremely unlikely one by the sounds of things.

Do you support a Scottish team, The Bulk?
SuperMario

Post by SuperMario on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:53 pm

chrissicross wrote:
De Guzman wrote:So what about tonight? I expect another Wunder von der Weser. Think Rangers will score one (maybe even more), but Werder will go through, 4-1, 6-2 or something like that. Glad ZDF has got this match, so I can see it.
Well, I'm not optimistic about tonight tbh...we need too many chances to score atm. In Stuttgart it was 28 : 9 shots on goal and 62% ball possession for Bremen and we still lost 3-6. We just make too many idiotic mistakes and Diego is not in form...
Maybe you learned from the match v VFB. Good match for Diego to regain his shape, he's good enough to need no time for it.

Anyway good luck v those masons.
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:56 pm

De Guzman wrote:
chrissicross wrote:
Maybe you learned from the match v VFB. Good match for Diego to regain his shape, he's good enough to need no time for it.

Laugh Very harsh, Rangers over the Fenian Timmy papist pseudo-Irish bastards any day Wink

Watch out, Anglo will jump on your shameful misspelling of VfB Wink
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Ballhaeschen wrote:Chrissi, I've read that the Allofs and co have changed their mind in regard to your stadium. Was a bit surprised to hear that, as I've always thought that extending the capacity of the Weserstadium was one of the most important goals of your club Question Or are these plans just postponed?
Oh, please Ballhaeschen, don´t ask me about our stadium. I´m still too upset about so much incompetence. Evil or Very Mad

But to sum it up shortly, the capacity will remain the same once and for all now, we don´t even get a new roof and these ugly "Flutlichtmasten" will remain as well. I will post an article with further details...

Of course it would have been very important for Werder when you consider what stadiums Schalke, Dortmund, Bayern, Hamburg etc. have. If these clubs have paid the credits their stadiums will be goldmines. It will be even more difficult for us to compete then...
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Ein dritter Rang ist baulich ausgeschlossen

Fans kritisieren veränderten Umbau des Weserstadions / Nur die Platin-Kunden bekommen mehr Plätze

BREMEN Die Fans waren erst einmal geschockt: Die Nachricht von der Rolle rückwärts beim Stadion-Umbau (wir berichteten) hatte die Werder-Anhänger völlig überrascht. Statt einer viel gepriesenen Erweiterung der Arena um 8000 Plätze auf 50000 Ränge gibt's nun eine reine Fußball-Arena mit gleichbleibender Zuschauerzahl. Und das stieß im Internet-Forum des Bundesligisten auf jede Menge Kritik. Im Mittelpunkt stand dabei der zuständige Werder-Geschäftsführer Manfred Müller, dem Inkompetenz bei der Planung vorgeworfen wird. Andererseits gab es auch Fans, die Werders Vorsicht begrüßen. Tenor: Wenn nur 60 Millionen Euro zur Verfügung stehen, können auch nur 60 Millionen Euro verbaut werden. Aufgrund der stark gestiegenen Stahlpreise bekommt Werder aber nicht mehr das für sein Geld, was vor einem Jahr noch geplant war.

Manfred Müller befand sich gestern weiter auf Tauchstation, war für keine Stellungnahme erreichbar. Am Abend musste er allerdings Rede und Antwort stehen. Der Aufsichtsrat des Bundesligisten hatte zu einer Sitzung geladen, um mit der Geschäftsführung den neuen Stand der Dinge zu besprechen. Es dürfte eine brisante Zusammenkunft gewesen sein. Denn angeblich soll Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Willi Lemke maßgeblich für das Ziehen der Reißleine verantwortlich gewesen sein - und damit Müller öffentlich bloß gestellt haben. Denn der hatte die große Lösung immer für machbar gehalten. Selbst, als er im Sommer eingestehen musste, dass das Heranziehen der Kurven aus Kostengründen erst später vollzogen werden könnte. Damals hatte die Aufstockung um einen weiteren Rang mit der gesteigerten Zuschauerkapazität absolute Priorität. Jetzt nicht mehr. Der dritte Rang wird nicht mehr kommen. Das ist bautechnisch nach dem Umbau zum reinen Fußball-Stadion nicht möglich. Kleiner Trost: Das Dach wird so erweitert, dass niemand mehr (außer natürlich den Akteuren auf dem Platz) nass wird. Und die riesigen Flutlichtmasten, fast schon ein Bremer Wahrzeichen, bleiben erhalten.

Zusätzliche Einnahmen und dadurch auch eine Refinanzierung des Umbaus erhofft sich der Club durch die Schaffung weiterer lukrativer Platin-Plätze. Das geht freilich auf Kosten der nicht so gut betuchten Fans. Die hatten nämlich gehofft, künftig durch die Erweiterung besser an die heiß begehrten Karten zu kommen. Bald werden für diese Klientel dagegen noch weniger Tickets zur Verfügung stehen. Der nächste Ärger ist also schon programmiert... • 11.03.2008

Lemke spricht vom "Sieg der Vernunft"

BREMEN (flü) Werder hat seine Pläne für die Modernisierung des Weserstadions ändern müssen. Statt des geplanten Ausbaus wird es "nur" noch einen Umbau zu einer reinen Fußball-Arena geben. Die Erweiterung von 42000 auf 50000 Plätze ist damit ad acta gelegt. Hauptgrund für die Abspeckung des ursprünglichen Modells ist die Kosten-Explosion auf dem Stahlmarkt. Der Ausbau hätte statt der eingeplanten 60 Millionen Euro rund 100 Millionen Euro verschlungen. "Wir haben es uns nicht leicht gemacht. Es ist ein Sieg der Vernunft, denn das Risiko wäre bei der anderen Variante zu groß gewesen", sagte Willi Lemke, Ex-Manager und Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender des Bundesliga-Zweiten nach der Aufsichtsratssitzung am späten Montagabend. Wegen der stark gestiegenen Stahlpreise wäre der Bauetat in Höhe von 60 Millionen Euro bei einem Ausbau, der einen dritten Rang und ein komplett neues Dach beinhaltete, nicht einzuhalten gewesen. • 12.03.2008

"100 Millionen? Nicht machbar!"

Werder-Geschäftsführer Manfred Müller über Kosten-Explosion und Prioritäten beim Stadionumbau
Von Arne Flügge

BREMEN (Eig. Ber.) Das Weserstadion wird umgebaut, doch die Aufstockung der Zuschauerkapazität auf 50000 Plätze ist vom Tisch. Warum diese Abspeckung der ursprünglichen Pläne notwendig war, was für die Kostenexplosion verantwortlich ist und warum Werder sich nicht in ein noch größeres Risiko stürzen wollte, verrät Werder-Geschäftsführer Manfred Müller im Interview.

Herr Müller, Ihre Vision eines neuen Fußball-Tempels mit 50000 Zuschauern ist vom Tisch. Sind Sie enttäuscht?

"Es war nicht meine Vision, sondern die von Werder Bremen. Doch wir mussten sehen, was machbar ist. Und die ursprüngliche Version war auf Grund der gewaltigen Kostenexplosion einfach nicht mehr durchführbar."

Empfinden Sie das auch als persönliche Niederlage? Immerhin müssen Sie derzeit einiges an Kritik einstecken.

"Ich versuche immer, das Beste für Werder Bremen herauszuholen. Dabei geht es nicht um persönliche Eitelkeiten, Empfindungen oder darum, persönliche Ziele durchzuboxen. Ich bin der Sache unterstellt."

Es heißt, der Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende Willi Lemke hätte Sie schlussendlich ausgebremst.

"Das ist nicht richtig. Es gab einen einstimmigen Beschluss der Geschäftsführung zum jetzt neuen Modell. Und der wurde dann vom Aufsichtsrat einstimmig abgesegnet. Dass wir gemeinsam Lösungen diskutieren, ist klar, aber das hat nichts mit Ausbremsen zu tun."

In der Außendarstellung hat sich Werder beim Thema Stadionausbau durch den ständigen Schlingerkurs nicht gerade mit Ruhm bekleckert. Das war teilweise schon peinlich.

"Und das bedauern wir auch. Vielleicht lag es auch daran, dass wir manchmal Informationen bekommen haben, die nicht gerade glücklich waren."

Inwiefern?

"Es bringt nichts, zurückzuschauen. Wir blicken lieber nach vorne und freuen uns auf das, was kommt."

Die Freude bei den Fans wird aber nicht ungeteilt sein. Immerhin wurden die zusätzlichen 8000 Plätze gestrichen.

"Natürlich kann ich die Enttäuschung bei denen verstehen, die keine Karten bekommen. Der Großteil wird sich aber über das neue Stadion richtig freuen. Die Fans sitzen viel dichter am Geschehen. Das Stadion bekommt noch mehr Eventcharakter. Und durch die Neugestaltung des Gästebereichs können pro Saison rund 15000 Werder-Fans mehr ins Stadion kommen als bisher. Auch wenn das für viele nur ein schwacher Trost ist."

Es heißt, das acht Millionen Euro gefehlt haben. Hätte Werder diese Summe nicht aufbringen können?

"Wir sind nicht Eigentümer des Stadions, sondern zusammen mit der Stadt nur Gesellschafter. Die Stadt war nicht bereit, ihre Anteile aufzustocken. Und wir waren nicht willens, die Anteile des anderen Gesellschafters zu übernehmen."

Bedeutet das, dass Werder bereit gewesen wäre, noch einmal nachzulegen?

"Wir haben zumindest darüber gesprochen, es dann aber verworfen. Denn die oberste Priorität war immer, eine reine Fußball-Arena zu schaffen, nicht die Aufstockung um 8000 Plätze. Wir haben 60 Millionen Euro für den Umbau veranschlagt. Für Kredite brauchen Banken eine Eigenkapitaldeckung. Die war ausgereizt. Und an den Etat der Bundesliga-Mannschaft gehen wir nicht ran. Das wird strikt getrennt. Ohne Wenn und Aber. Außerdem hätten wir für die 68 Millionen Euro zwar den dritten Rang bekommen, doch damit noch nicht das Heranziehen der Ost- und Westtribüne ans Spielfeld. Das hätte noch einmal rund 35 Millionen Euro gekostet."

Was bedeutet, dass der Stadionausbau - so wie er ursprünglich gedacht war - rund 100 Millionen Euro statt der kalkulierten 60 Millionen verschlungen hätte.

"Wenn man alles zusammen nimmt: Ja. Und das kann Werder nicht aufbringen. Daher haben wir uns entschlossen, auf die Aufstockung zu verzichten. Diese Kröte müssen wir zwar schlucken, ansonsten aber bekommen wir das Stadion so, wie wir es uns vorgestellt haben. Auch für die kalkulierte Summe von 60 Millionen Euro."

Diese gewaltige Kosten-Explosion begründen Sie mit den enorm gestiegenen Stahlpreisen. 40 Millionen Euro nur für Stahl?

"Zum größten Teil ja. Es ist gar nicht lange her, da hat die Tonne Stahl 1500 Euro gekostet. Mittlerweile ist der Preis auf 5500 Euro gestiegen. Allein für den Bau des dritten Ranges hätten wir 6500 Tonnen Stahl benötigt. Das macht knapp 36 Millionen Euro reine Stahlkosten. Das ist ja Wahnsinn."

Müssen Sie sich jetzt nicht den Vorwurf gefallen lassen, sich bei der Kalkulation völlig vergalloppiert zu haben?

"Wir hatten den Mut, dieses große Projekt anzugehen. Jetzt müssen wir auch den Mut haben, zu sagen: Das geht so nicht wie geplant, das geben wir auf. Und diesen Mut haben wir. Denn wir fühlen uns unserem Prinzip des vernünftigen Wirtschaftens verpflichtet." • 12.03.2008
SuperMario

Post by SuperMario on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
De Guzman wrote:
chrissicross wrote:

Laugh Very harsh, Rangers over the Fenian Timmy papist pseudo-Irish bastards any day Wink

Watch out, Anglo will jump on your shameful misspelling of VfB Wink
Worked in Scotland, most of the people I know overthere wear hoops. Furthermore Feyenoord (fans) have a good relation with Celtic (fans). Went there for a visit with our supports club ages ago. They'll be visiting us this summer for our Jubilee tournament. Looked forward to being drunk for a weekend.

On the spelling. German is difficult enough as it is, even with(out) all those bloody capitals. Anyway they can't even write it themselves (most of them) especially after they launched German 2.0 (spelling reform / Neue rechtschreibung)
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:03 pm

@chrissi

Sounds silly to be honest. Sad Would it not have been more important to increase the capacity instead of removing the stands closer to the pitch? As you've said, Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund et al. will be able to earn shitloads of money with their stadiums in the future. They are more financially potent already anyway. These missing 8m € in the budget for increasing the capacity could also have been easiliy refinanced by selling the name of the stadium for example. It's a very odd decision especially in regard to your future competiteveness and I understand your frustration. Neutral
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:09 pm

De Guzman wrote:On the spelling. German is difficult enough as it is, even with(out) all those bloody capitals. Anyway they can't even write it themselves (most of them) especially after they launched German 2.0 (spelling reform / Neue rechtschreibung)

Haha, too true. I've been lucky that I was in the transition period from the old to the new spelling rules during my Abitur. So I was allowed to use both. cheers
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Ballhaeschen wrote:@chrissi

Sounds silly to be honest. Sad Would it not have been more important to increase the capacity instead of removing the stands closer to the pitch? As you've said, Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund et al. will be able to earn shitloads of money with their stadiums in the future. They are more financially potent already anyway. These missing 8m € in the budget for increasing the capacity could also have been easiliy refinanced by selling the name of the stadium for example. It's a very odd decision especially in regard to your future competiteveness and I understand your frustration. Neutral
Yeah, exactly my opinion. Of course removing the stands closer to the pitch is great and I already didn´t like it they decided to rebuild the stadium in two steps , but an extension with a third stand and a new modern roof with build in floodlight would have been much more important, especially considering we could still have done the rest later.

Here are again the pictures of the first step with a new roof and a third rank:

http://www.radiobremen.de/galerien/index.php?hga=26&uga=32

Now imagine it without a third rank (about 9m lower) and the old roof including the old Flutlichtmasten. Laughing Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
SuperMario

Post by SuperMario on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Ballhaeschen wrote:
De Guzman wrote:On the spelling. German is difficult enough as it is, even with(out) all those bloody capitals. Anyway they can't even write it themselves (most of them) especially after they launched German 2.0 (spelling reform / Neue rechtschreibung)

Haha, too true. I've been lucky that I was in the transition period from the old to the new spelling rules during my Abitur. So I was allowed to use both. cheers
Hated German at school (same goes for French & English); dropped it as soon as possible. My grammar sucks big time, but had to read & talk a lot of German because of study/work. Therefore I can read & speak (with a few grammar errors, which I don't care about, just want people to understand me) it about as fast as Dutch, but don't ask me to write it down. At school I always had 1 out of 10 for spelling (lowest possible), they even stopped checking my tests at the point at which I had enough errors for the worst score.

By the way Dutch is about as difficult as German.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:08 pm

De Guzman wrote:...had to read & talk a lot of German because of study/work.
Like Schopenhauer in the original. I'm still impressed big time. ok
Stiftung Haeschentest

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:20 pm

chrissicross wrote:mportant, especially considering we could still have done the rest later.

Here are again the pictures of the first step with a new roof and a third rank:

http://www.radiobremen.de/galerien/index.php?hga=26&uga=32

Now imagine it without a third rank (about 9m lower) and the old roof including the old Flutlichtmasten. Laughing Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Gosh, the old pictures look fantastic. Shocked

What was actually Bremen's first priority: the extension or to convert it into a modern football arena? Do you have any pictures of the new plans by the way?
SuperMario

Post by SuperMario on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Great stuff the old Werder Wunders on ZDF. Hope Schaaf showed them to the players to inspire them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 pm