chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
Supports : Werder Bremen
Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Re: Werder Bremen 2014/2015

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Ballhaeschen wrote:
chrissicross wrote:mportant, especially considering we could still have done the rest later.

Here are again the pictures of the first step with a new roof and a third rank:

http://www.radiobremen.de/galerien/index.php?hga=26&uga=32

Now imagine it without a third rank (about 9m lower) and the old roof including the old Flutlichtmasten. Laughing Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Gosh, the old pictures look fantastic. Shocked

What was actually Bremen's first priority: the extension or to convert it into a modern football arena? Do you have any pictures of the new plans by the way?
Well, the original plan was to do it both in one step. It would have looked the same like on the pictures above then, but with the stands directly at the pitch of course and without the four "roof girders" you can see in the corners. The white roof would have been illuminated with green light at night btw, looked pretty cool, a bit like an alien space ship... Very Happy ... Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the new plans yet, but just imagine it like above, but 9m lower and with the old roof and the old floodlight masts.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:46 pm

chrissicross wrote:The white roof would have been illuminated with green light at night btw, looked pretty cool, a bit like an alien space ship... Very Happy ... Crying or Very sad
Here´s a picture, but just to give you a little impression...I had a much better picture once, but I can´t find it anymore... Sad

Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
Supports : Deutschland
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
Fair enough in a way re Flumps Ballhäschen, though I haven't really seen much of Chelsea lately – the point for me is more that you will never play a genuinely attractive brand of football with it in the side. In a way because of their attacking roles Diego could theoretically replace it at Chelsea, though that'd be a disastrous move for him in my view and thankfully an extremely unlikely one by the sounds of things.

Sorry for the delay in response, I've somehow overlooked your post yesterday. Embarassed

The 'Diego to Chelsea' story is a nice rumor, but I doubt they were ever genuinely interested in him.

I guess we were talking at cross purposes a bit. I just thought your 'you just have to "ausmustering Lampard" (Laughing) to get rid of the $h!t-on-a-stick football' remark is a bit harsh. Granted, Chelsea's football is 'boring' (Ansichtssache) and is not comparable to the free-flowing, attacking and incisive football what Arsenal supporters are used to Wink, but you can hardly put all the blame for that on Lampard. It's not like Chelsea was playing much more attractive and free-flowing when Lampard was injured and Ballack took over his role. I was even a bit surprised about how much praise he got for his performances, as I thought he wasn't THAT sublime. Nun ja, after being unfairly treated by the press in last season, he deserves to get some credit now, I guess. Wink

My point remains though, that a midfield consisting of Lampard (he's no Blindfisch after all) and Ballack could become very successful and does not necessarily have to result into a bore fest. They finally seem to have solved their problems, are no longer stepping on each other toes and have interacted much better lately than in the past. In an interview after the return match against Olympiacos, Ballack was even full of praise for him. Lampard is much better suited to the style of the EPL and to Chelsea respectively, than it is Ballack. That's why I am not sure if Ballack (together with Essien in a 4-4-2) can carry a team 'alone' over the whole season and help them to win trophies like Lampard did it in the past, let alone will he be able to turn their style into a genuinely attractive brand of football. Bayern was no epitome of beautiful football either, when he was playing in the Fatherland. In a different team with other personnel around, I'd probably be less concerned and would have more trust in his abilities, but as the things are, the Lampsy-Micha combo is the best for Chelsea.

But as I've already said, we were just talking a bit aneinander vorbei. Wink

----

PS sorry for hijacking your thread, chrissi Wink
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:03 pm

@chrissi

do you still want to keep Schaaf after the Stuttgart game (Bundesliga title is futsch) and the Rangers fiasco against , essentially, a mediocre team

I fear with the Schnautzertraeger Bremen will forever remain a number two or three in Germany and a lacklustre UEFA Cup side in Europe when they could reach so much more

wahre G
Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
Supports : Deutschland
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:07 pm

chrissicross wrote:
Ballhaeschen wrote:
chrissicross wrote:mportant, especially considering we could still have done the rest later.

Here are again the pictures of the first step with a new roof and a third rank:

http://www.radiobremen.de/galerien/index.php?hga=26&uga=32

Now imagine it without a third rank (about 9m lower) and the old roof including the old Flutlichtmasten. Laughing Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Gosh, the old pictures look fantastic. Shocked

What was actually Bremen's first priority: the extension or to convert it into a modern football arena? Do you have any pictures of the new plans by the way?
Well, the original plan was to do it both in one step. It would have looked the same like on the pictures above then, but with the stands directly at the pitch of course and without the four "roof girders" you can see in the corners. The white roof would have been illuminated with green light at night btw, looked pretty cool, a bit like an alien space ship... Very Happy ... Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the new plans yet, but just imagine it like above, but 9m lower and with the old roof and the old floodlight masts.

This story just seems to be so badly thought through. Other clubs that are planning to build/rebuild their arenas are faced with the same problems of skyrocketing steal prices; it's something that should have been taken into account when the plans were made and not when you are already in progress of rebuilding the arena. It's just a bit of a surprise for me, that your board, that is famous for its excellent management, and the other people who are responsible for this project, are acting so amateurishly here.

On a side note: I like your Flutlichtmasten, they look so wonderfully old school. Neutral *duckundwech* Embarassed
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:29 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:@chrissi

do you still want to keep Schaaf after the Stuttgart game (Bundesliga title is futsch) and the Rangers fiasco against , essentially, a mediocre team

I fear with the Schnautzertraeger Bremen will forever remain a number two or three in Germany and a lacklustre UEFA Cup side in Europe when they could reach so much more

wahre G
I think I just post here what I already wrote a few days ago on the Bremen board:

chrissicross wrote:
Seit 99 ist Thomas Schaaf hier Trainer. Erst hat er uns vor dem Abstieg gerettet, dann ging es stetig immer nur bergauf bis zum vorläufigen Höhepunkt 2004. Seitdem spielen wir jedes Jahr in der CL, nicht einmal die Bayern können das von sich behaupten. Wir haben mit ihm den Ligapokal, zweimal den DFB Pokal geholt und sind Meister geworden. Aktuell stehen wir trotz der vielen Probleme in dieser Saison auf dem zweiten Platz. Kein anderer Verein abgesehen von Bayern war in dieser Zeit so erfolgreich wie wir.

Das alles haben wir erreicht mit der Art wie Thomas Schaaf hier Fußball spielen läßt. Die Art Fußball, die begeistert, die Emotionen weckt, die nie langweilig ist, und die entscheidend für das positive Image und damit die Entwicklung von Werder Bremen insgesamt war und ist.

Das sind die Gründe warum jede Trainerdiskussion und jede Diskussion über seine grundsätzliche Spielphilosophie unsinnig ist.

Thomas Schaaf belongs to Werder Bremen since over 35 years, we will never sack him.
Ä

Post by Ä on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:37 pm

well, suit yourself , chrissi

Bremen are the Argentina of the Bundesliga or Europe

will NEVER win anything but everybody likes them

I am too German to accept that defeatism, but clearly Werder fans are true cosmopolitans

as for the stadium: what a fiasco

with a 42.000 all-seater Bremen will become second class even within the Bundesliga in the medium term

all the others will start earning hard cash

Bremen won't

I am all for Hanseatische-Kaufmannstugenden but really, the Bremen board need an English guy in charge of commercial affairs for a few years

if they only needed a few more million to finance the bigger version, then why did they not sell the stadium name rights for the next 8 years

the level of incompetence in the boardroom is frightening

then again: SChalke, Dortmund, Kaiserlautern, Cologne... are equally badly run

Last edited by 26-Otto-19 on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Ballhaeschen wrote:On a side note: I like your Flutlichtmasten, they look so wonderfully old school. Neutral *duckundwech* Embarassed
Then I guess you will like our "new" stadium, it will be old school and modern at the same time... Laughing

...and more than ever look like Flickschusterei... Rolling Eyes

@Otto

I agree with you with regard to the stadium, it´s a shame really. Sad
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:14 pm

"Das alles haben wir erreicht mit der Art wie Thomas Schaaf hier Fußball spielen läßt. Die Art Fußball, die begeistert, die Emotionen weckt, die nie langweilig ist, und die entscheidend für das positive Image und damit die Entwicklung von Werder Bremen insgesamt war und ist."

ok Ale

This is stirring stuff from the Chrismeister and the best possible retort to Otto's closet or not-so-closet $h!t-on-a-stick-loving tendencies.

We've seen and we will hopefully see again that the Schaaf/Werder philosophy, as much as Otto might seek to caricature it as naive Hurrafußball, is not inimical to success. We should remember too that however fanatical we all are football is and remains a sport, even a "game", and the only way we can possibly justify our passion to our non-football-obsessive brethren (scum though they are) is that sometimes magic is possible, that we see things on the pitch that make it inherently worthy of our, and everyone's, attention as a spectator sport. Grinding out victories as a fundamental philosophy is completely self-defeating – why bother watching or caring.

When one mentions German football to people who aren't particular aficionados you get the recognition "Ah, Werder Bremen" in a way you don't for Dortmund, Schalke, Hertha, Stuttgart and so on. The way the Grün-Weißen play under Schaaf is as Chrissi says "entscheidend für das positive Image" of the club.

I notice you don't mention last night's agonizing failure Otto, because there's no way in the world you could caricature it as tactically naive or put it down to any failings on Schaaf's part – bad luck, less than perfect finishing and superb goalkeeping all played their part, but 34 shots to 4 or whatever it was tell their own story; better to go down in flames trying than never to have tried at all.

I'd oppose Otto's "pragmatism first" policy for similar reasons that I support Arsène Wenger's team-building philosophy at Arsenal, refusing as he does to spend Bayern- or Unitedesque sums on constantly inorganically purchasing ready-made stars. Success achieved in certain ways is more deeply satisfying when it comes, even if there are more "effective" short cuts and compromises that could be made.

Hase, on Lampard etc, everything you say is fair and I freely admit I have a kind of phobia going on here. But my view is based on my seeing Ballack as something akin to the complete central midfielder who can fulfil a number of different roles in that (central midfield) context, whereas I don't see Lampard as a midfielder at all, more a kind of player whose undoubted strengths require a team and indeed its general philosophy to be attuned to and even built round the way he plays – he requires certain types of midfielder to do the jobs he doesn't (more than one central one) and ideally strikers he can feed off as well. It's an Ansichtssache, yeah, but the way a team plays that gets the best out of him has never been a style I much enjoy. Whether the two can work together in the right system, well, that's still to be seen...
Ä

Post by Ä on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:23 pm

@allez

even Werder players are getting fed up with this nonsensical Hurrafussball-approach

two days ago NALDO, a Brazilian defender , publicly said that Werder had to get more defenisve, it simply was not working

a BRAZILIAN DEFENDER begs Schaaf to become more clever in order to win

what does that tell you, allez
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Oh yeah, cos Brazilians can't defend and don't believe in defending Doh

Another bullshit cliché which has been debunked on this forum before – Brazil has the best defensive record in international football.

Yeah they need to tighten up at the back and that needn't entail sacrificing the offensive philosophy. In Merte and Naldo they have a couple of fab central defenders to build that defence around. Better than Bayern's ok

My point was more broad-brush; of course it's true that if you can't defend all your good work goes down the drain/ist für die Katz.

Häschen, by the way, your taste in avatars excels itself ok Ale
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:00 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Yeah they need to tighten up at the back and that needn't entail sacrificing the offensive philosophy.
ok

We didn´t concede 6 goals against Stuttgart because of Schaaf or his offensive philosophy, we conceded 6 goals because we made to many mistakes.

Defending only is for poor teams like the HSV. Biggrin
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:26 pm

Just won the CL with Weder in my Pro Evo Season, it was a tad emotional...
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:45 pm

TM wrote:Just won the CL with Weder in my Pro Evo Season, it was a tad emotional...
Very food TM, maybe a look in the not too distant future... Wink
Luso

Number of posts : 3305
Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:46 pm

So, any word on some of Rangers' weaknesses?
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario on Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Why isn't Boenisch playing right fullback? His right foot looks much better than his left foot.
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Luso wrote:So, any word on some of Rangers' weaknesses?

Their weakness is that they wave fucking Union Jacks while purporting to be Scots and define themselves by loyalty to the fecking Crown. c**ts, I'm never supporting them again. I take back everything I said about Rangers over Celtic Guz – better to be a pseudo-extension of the Irish national team than a bunch of loyalist royalist cnutfaces Ale
SuperMario

Post by SuperMario on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:

Their weakness is that they wave fucking Union Jacks while purporting to be Scots and define themselves by loyalty to the fecking Crown. c**ts, I'm never supporting them again. I take back everything I said about Rangers over Celtic Guz – better to be a pseudo-extension of the Irish national team than a bunch of loyalist royalist cnutfaces Ale
Join the Sporting fan club for the quarter finals! Ale
L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:15 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:

Scots are British Allez. When Scotland play Rangers fans support Scotland because they are Scottish. While Celtic fans shall be back in Ireland supporting Ireland. They are proud to be british, not proud to support terroist organizations.

I know the real reason you dislike them is because they don't hate England and everything English as you would wish they would. And that's the only reason you like Scotland in the first place.

Who is the real c**t Biggrin <Ale>
SuperMario

Post by SuperMario on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:20 pm

L r d wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote:

Scots are British Allez. When Scotland play Rangers fans support Scotland because they are Scottish. While Celtic fans shall be back in Ireland supporting Ireland. They are proud to be british, not proud to support terroist organizations.

I know the real reason you dislike them is because they don't hate England and everything English as you would wish they would. And that's the only reason you like Scotland in the first place.

Who is the real c**t Biggrin <Ale>
Bullshit there UVF graffiti all over Glasgow.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:24 pm

De Guzman wrote:Why isn't Boenisch playing right fullback? His right foot looks much better than his left foot.
Because we need him as left fullback. And he´s more or less two footed, but you´re right, his right foot is (slightly) better.
SuperMario

Post by SuperMario on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:29 pm

chrissicross wrote:
De Guzman wrote:Why isn't Boenisch playing right fullback? His right foot looks much better than his left foot.
Because we need him as left fullback. And he´s more or less two footed, but you´re right, his right foot is (slightly) better.
Think it's the first time I saw him play a full match. Really liked the way he played, just thought it was a pity he wasn't playing on the right. Noticed his left foot passes/crosses weren't as good as his right foot, so he preferred to cut back to his right foot before crossing the ball. Which was a pity because sometimes it allowed the defender (he just went past) to come back & block it. Looked like he would have been much better on the right side. Wasn't that impressed by Omowo... Pity you were spot on before the match, let's hope the defeat is a blessing in disguise, since Bayern still will have UEFA Cup destraction the 7 point lead might shrink faster.
TM

Post by TM on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:38 pm

chrissicross wrote:
TM wrote:Just won the CL with Weder in my Pro Evo Season, it was a tad emotional...
Very food TM, maybe a look in the not too distant future... Wink

<Ale>

Beat Barca 4-2 in the final, made it even more sweeter <Ale> Diego was MOTM, and im not making that up Smile
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:14 pm

De Guzman wrote:
chrissicross wrote:
Think it's the first time I saw him play a full match. Really liked the way he played, just thought it was a pity he wasn't playing on the right. Noticed his left foot passes/crosses weren't as good as his right foot, so he preferred to cut back to his right foot before crossing the ball. Which was a pity because sometimes it allowed the defender (he just went past) to come back & block it. Looked like he would have been much better on the right side. Wasn't that impressed by Omowo... Pity you were spot on before the match, let's hope the defeat is a blessing in disguise, since Bayern still will have UEFA Cup destraction the 7 point lead might shrink faster.
Omowo... Laughing ...in Bremen we just call him Owo. Wink He was injured for many months, he still needs some time. Normally Fritz should have played instead, but he suddenly was down with influenza on Thursday morning. And Pasanen is injured as well.

Wome is still injured, not sure if he will ever play again for Bremen. And Tosic...well, apart from a few bright moments he was a disappointment so far tbh...he´s so damn nervous, a little bit of pressure and he often runs around on the pitch like a headless chicken. He will need much more time to adapt to the Bundesliga, which is quite surprising considering he came from Ligue 1, where he played quite regulary during the last two years. I really thought he would be further in his development.

Sebastian Boenisch however is a big surprise. He came to us last summer, but unfortunately got a knee injury shortly afterwards, so he never really played for us until just recently. And now he`s already the darling of all Bremen fans. He plays with so much heart, passion and self-confidence, it´s a pleasure to watch him. Since last night his nickname is Lionheart btw... Wink

Luso

Number of posts : 3305
Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Hugo Almeida has said Sporting is going to have a hard time with Rangers as they're a good team that defends well and plays good footbal...

What do you guys think of that?

Cricky

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Post by Cricky on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:12 am

Does anyone think that apart from not knowing anything about football, english newspapers invent rumours just to spite foreigners?

Mertesacker has been linked with Portsmouth and around a year ago it was with Aston Villa. This can surely not just be an insult to Bremen, but to German football and to the respect the have for it as a whole.

Do they really think that the best CB in the Bundesliga will go to a team scraping for a Uefa-cup place just because they play in the mighty Premiere League.

Do either of the Bremen posters know what kind of deal Merte is on? Surely IF he leaves it will be for big money and to a big club (hopefully not Bayern).
TM

Post by TM on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:16 am

Mertesacker would be welcomed at Real left alone Pompey Very Happy

Cricky

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Post by Cricky on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:23 pm

TM wrote:Mertesacker would be welcomed at Real left alone Pompey Very Happy

That was probably Calderons first mistake, he saw a German CB whose surname started with M and signed him only to realize it was the wrong one. Similar to this entire Nicolas Cage incident. Wink
TM

Post by TM on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Metz is a quality CB, just a pity he got injuried.

We could sign Mertesacker and we would have the twin towers at the back Ale
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:17 pm

So how about the article in Welt Am Sonntag that states that Diego's transfer to Real Madrid this summer is almost set in stone?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:16 pm