Post by TM on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Why are the flood lights so high up?
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Werder Bremen 2014/2015

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:14 am

TM wrote:Why are the flood lights so high up?

Because up here in the north, there actually are some heavy floods now and then. We have to be prepared for the worst, like submarine footy which is becoming more popular in Holland these days I heard. That's what global warming hype does to you...
chrissicross

Number of posts : 6246
Supports : Werder Bremen
Favourite Player : Per Mertesacker, Thomas Müller
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by chrissicross on Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:23 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
TM wrote:Why are the flood lights so high up?

Because up here in the north, there actually are some heavy floods now and then. We have to be prepared for the worst, like submarine footy which is becoming more popular in Holland these days I heard. That's what global warming hype does to you...
Laughing

Hey blut, I see you´re back among the living, how did you survive all this time away from Bremen, Werder and Becks? Wink
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:06 am

chrissi! Ale Hug

You'd be surprised, Beck's is the number 1 import beer in the States, so it was all good. Very Happy But yeah, I did miss that typical northern German 'Knorrigkeit', but not the weather though. Definitely not!

Looks like we almost have another typical (read: inconsistent) season behind us, hopefully we'll finish second at least, and directly qualify for the CL. I still get mad thinking about the missed opportunities...

Changes have to be made next season though, we definitely need to strenghten our defensive midfield. Baumann is getting old, we have to improve the defensive setup of our team completely, maybe even change the system (no more diamond 4-4-2, maybe an attacking 4-2-3-1?). Our midfield, despite all the class and quality, is too lightweight, especially when key players like Frings are injured like this season. This is most obvious in Europe, where we made it easy for our opponents to overrun us and kill us on the counter.

We have to strenghten the bench also. We need better alternatives on the bench if we seriously want to challenge for the title next year, that is still the major difference to Bayern.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:47 pm

chrissi, what do you think about Allofs' new statement that should Werder directly qualify for the CL this year (means finish the season 2nd), we'll invest heavily in our squad, in expensive, established (no talents) players in particular, worth €10m and more?

I think it's about time, and a step in the right direction. Bayern have raised the benchmark, and we have to react if we really want to challenge for the title again next season. This may have to do with Allofs' new contract, allowing him to splash out if necessary, without asking for permission by our (always reluctant / conservative) board.

We need a class striker, and a international class defensive midfielder. We should have more than enough money to buy some quality players should we directly qualify for the CL again, for the 5th time in a row that is.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:37 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:You'd be surprised, Beck's is the number 1 import beer in the States, so it was all good. But yeah, I did miss that typical northern German 'Knorrigkeit', but not the weather though. Definitely not!

Really? Well, seems the Americans know what´s good then. Biggrin

So did you spend your days lying at the Californian beaches watching Klinsi thinking about Bayern and letting yourself save from Pamela Anderson every now and then? Wink

blutgraetsche wrote:Looks like we almost have another typical (read: inconsistent) season behind us, hopefully we'll finish second at least, and directly qualify for the CL. I still get mad thinking about the missed opportunities...

Yeah, after the damn winter break we have ruined all our hopes in just four weeks time. Fortunately the rest of the league (apart from Bayern) weren´t much better, so we´re second again, God knows why. Imagine we would have played at least a half decent second part of the season. Place 2 would already be ours then for sure.

blutgraetsche wrote:Changes have to be made next season though, we definitely need to strenghten our defensive midfield. Baumann is getting old, we have to improve the defensive setup of our team completely, maybe even change the system (no more diamond 4-4-2, maybe an attacking 4-2-3-1?). Our midfield, despite all the class and quality, is too lightweight, especially when key players like Frings are injured like this season. This is most obvious in Europe, where we made it easy for our opponents to overrun us and kill us on the counter.

We have to strenghten the bench also. We need better alternatives on the bench if we seriously want to challenge for the title next year, that is still the major difference to Bayern.

blutgraetsche wrote:chrissi, what do you think about Allofs' new statement that should Werder directly qualify for the CL this year (means finish the season 2nd), we'll invest heavily in our squad, in expensive, established (no talents) players in particular, worth €10m and more?

In general I think we should stick with our approved midfield diamond, but it would be good if we were able to switch to a "less risky" system when necessary.

For the next season we could need a striker, a replacement for Borowski and a DMC imo. All should be established players, who can significantly improve our quality, otherwise I think we don´t need any more players at all. (Apart from Marko Marin... Very Happy ) That means of course that we have to invest more money, so I can see where Allofs is coming from.

Having said that, Baros, Barnetta and Ibson (or Rolfes) would be nice. Wink

Also very important for the future is injury prevention and our medical department in general. We can´t allow to have so many injuries again, the best players can´t help us when they´re injured all the time. A significant investment here might help us even more than another (expensive) player.

We should also think about extending our coaching staff and perhaps about an 8h day for our players like Klinsi plans it for Bayern.

Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:58 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:chrissi, what do you think about Allofs' new statement that should Werder directly qualify for the CL this year (means finish the season 2nd), we'll invest heavily in our squad, in expensive, established (no talents) players in particular, worth €10m and more?

I think it's about time, and a step in the right direction. Bayern have raised the benchmark, and we have to react if we really want to challenge for the title again next season. This may have to do with Allofs' new contract, allowing him to splash out if necessary, without asking for permission by our (always reluctant / conservative) board.

We need a class striker, and a international class defensive midfielder. We should have more than enough money to buy some quality players should we directly qualify for the CL again, for the 5th time in a row that is.

Trade you Henry and Márquez for Diego, deal??
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:51 am

chrissicross wrote:
Really? Well, seems the Americans know what´s good then. Biggrin

So did you spend your days lying at the Californian beaches watching Klinsi thinking about Bayern and letting yourself save from Pamela Anderson every now and then? Wink

Haha....yeah, something like that. Had a great time really, can only recommend it!

Yeah, after the damn winter break we have ruined all our hopes in just four weeks time. Fortunately the rest of the league (apart from Bayern) weren´t much better, so we´re second again, God knows why. Imagine we would have played at least a half decent second part of the season. Place 2 would already be ours then for sure.

Definitely, not even mentioning our European campaign, where we (once again....) were our worst enemy. I get mad thinking about it really, so let us forget the past, and concentrate on the future.

In general I think we should stick with our approved midfield diamond, but it would be good if we were able to switch to a "less risky" system when necessary.

More flexibility is the key, fully agreed. Our diamond 4-4-2, the way Schaaf is interpreting it at least, is a great system. The problem however is that these days, most good teams play a 4-3-2-1 system, concentrating on 'securing' the middle of the park, so they can win the balls and (ideally) switch to attacking mode very fast. With our high line of defence, which is only protected by one defensive minded midfielder, and our attacking fullbacks concentrating on providing width (that's why having high quality fullbacks on both sides is so important for our system to work), there is always the danger of getting overwhelmed in the middle of the park.
Other teams play a 4-3-3, which 'traditionally' is one of the most effective systems against our diamond 4-4-2 - our fullbacks are busy with their wingers, forcing us to play through the middle most of the time, making our attacks more predictable and easier to defend against.
And even the few teams that actually still use a 4-4-2 system prefer to secure the middle with a double pivot (e.g. Bayern), Werder is one of the very few teams which still plays with a number 10 behind the strikers. Since most teams concentrate on securing the middle, it's more difficult for our number 10 to penetrate their last third.

For the next season we could need a striker, a replacement for Borowski and a DMC imo. All should be established players, who can significantly improve our quality, otherwise I think we don´t need any more players at all. (Apart from Marko Marin... Very Happy ) That means of course that we have to invest more money, so I can see where Allofs is coming from.

Having said that, Baros, Barnetta and Ibson (or Rolfes) would be nice. Wink

Agreed, we need established, experienced players, we have more than enough 'talents' in our squad. I'd really like to see Rolfes coming back, but I don't think it will happen though unfortunately.

Also very important for the future is injury prevention and our medical department in general. We can´t allow to have so many injuries again, the best players can´t help us when they´re injured all the time. A significant investment here might help us even more than another (expensive) player.

We should also think about extending our coaching staff and perhaps about an 8h day for our players like Klinsi plans it for Bayern.

Fully agreed, our sub-par medical staff probably cost us 10 points this season, definitely need to invest here. If Klinsmann's plans work, we can implement them, too. Nothing wrong with learning from others. I wouldn't mind hiring a tactically astute young coach to help out Schaaf also, preferably a foreigner who could bring in new ideas.

Last edited by blutgraetsche on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:53 am

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:
Trade you Henry and Márquez for Diego, deal??

Good players, but we need Diego ourselves. Expect him to stay for another season minimum - he has to win some silverware with us before he moves to another club. If we keep him this summer, and finally invest some good money in established players for the positions mentioned, we will win some silverware next season. I'm convinced about that.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Diego to stick with Werder

Brilliant Brazilian to stay in Bremen

"Since I have been at Bremen I feel that I am going through the best moment of my career," he said.

"I have even been recalled to the Brazilian national team thanks to my performances at Werder."

"I am fine at Bremen, I have got adapted perfectly well so I don't see any reason for wanting something different," he told Gazeta Press.

"I am still under contract for three more years; I don't know if I will continue here for so much time but what I am sure of is that I want to play with Werder for at least one more year ."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_3439004,00.html
EMP

Number of posts : 7384
Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Saw Diego got a three game ban for a bad tackle earlier in this thread, what did Almeida get for his red card against Hannover?
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:08 am

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 am

Great news. Diego earns enough to buy a big house in the Marcusallee, that's what I'd do in his case. Not far from the city centre, quite beautiful and expensive.

Good interview btw. I like it how he is far from being satisfied with our current season. It's very clear that he wants to win titles with Werder, and we really need to win a title again indeed.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:30 am

"Wir wollen keine Roboter"

München - Als Klaus Allofs und Thomas Schaaf 1999 die sportliche Leitung in Bremen übernahmen, steckte Werder tief in der Krise: Sportlich drohte die Zweitklassigkeit, organisatorisch das Chaos.

Doch das neue Führungsduo entpuppte sich schnell als absoluter Glücksgriff. Nachdem der Abstieg vermieden werden konnte, etablierten Allofs und Schaaf an der Weser ein modernes Fußballkonzept, das nicht nur sportlich überaus erfolgreich war, sondern vor allem auch die Marke Werder Bremen weit nach vorne brachte.

Die Mitgliederzahlen etwa haben sich seit damals mehr als verzehnfacht. Waren es 1999 noch knapp 3.000, begrüßte Werder im März dieses Jahres Mitglied Nummer 33.333.

Im Interview mit SPOX.com spricht Sportdirektor Klaus Allofs (51) über die wirtschaftliche und sportliche Bedeutung der Champions League, über das Image von Werder Bremen und den schmalen Grat zwischen Entertainment und Sport.

SPOX: Herr Allofs, Sieg gegen Berlin, Sieg gegen Schalke und Sieg in Rostock - dazu Platz zwei in der Tabelle. Ist die Welt in Bremen wieder in Ordnung?

Klaus Allofs: Wir waren nie so depressiv, wie man uns einreden wollte. Aber nach den letzten Spielen lässt es sich natürlich wesentlich ruhiger arbeiten. Mit dem Sieg gegen Schalke konnten wir ein deutliches Zeichen setzen, und uns Selbstvertrauen für den Endspurt holen. Aber eine Entscheidung im Kampf um die Champions League war es sicher noch nicht.

SPOX: Wie wichtig ist die Champions League für Bremen - wirtschaftlich und für die sportliche Entwicklung?

Allofs: Wir haben uns als Ziel gesetzt, uns dauerhaft unter den ersten Dreien in Deutschland zu etablieren, was wir nun vier Jahre hintereinander geschafft haben. Daran möchten wir anknüpfen. Sollten wir es nicht schaffen, gehen hier zwar nicht die Lichter aus, aber eine Einnahme aus der Champions League von zwölf bis 15 Millionen wäre natürlich ein wichtiger Bestandteil für unser Budget.

SPOX: Und für das sportliche Renommee von Werder Bremen?

Allofs: Das sportliche Renommee ist tatsächlich noch wichtiger als das Geld. Das würde durch ein einmaliges Scheitern wohl keine allzu großen Kratzer bekommen, aber schöner wäre es natürlich, dabei zu sein. Wenn man über die Marke Werder Bremen spricht, könnte man die sicher weiter festigen und die Popularität noch ausbauen.

SPOX: Wenn man über die Marke Werder Bremen spricht, spricht man nicht nur von Erfolgen, sondern vor allem über Ihre Art, Fußball zu spielen. Wie wichtig ist der Bremer Konzeptfußball für die mediale Präsenz und die Außendarstellung?

Allofs: Beides gehört zusammen: Wir wollen Erfolg, aber wir wollen ihn auch mit unserer Philosophie von kreativem und offensivem Fußball erzielen. Das entspricht unserem Naturell - und wie sich gezeigt hat, mögen das auch die Leute.

SPOX: Joan Laporta, der Präsident von Barcelona, erklärte kürzlich sinngemäß, er könne sich nicht vorstellen, mit Jose Mourinho zu arbeiten, weil der keinen sexy Fußball spielt. Wie groß ist für Sie die Schnittstelle zwischen Entertainment und Sport?

Allofs: Ich kann durchaus verstehen, was Laporta sagen will. Aufgrund der Mentalität in Spanien reicht es nicht aus, nur zu gewinnen, die Mannschaft muss auch Spektakel liefern. Allerdings argumentiert Barca natürlich auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Die Alternative dort heißt ja nicht Mourinho oder Mittelmaß. Von daher ist das bei uns nur in abgeschwächter Form vergleichbar.

Wir wollen attraktiv spielen und natürlich im europäischen Wettbewerb dabei sein, denn dann sind wir auch erfolgreich mit unserer Spielweise. Was wir nicht wollen: als destruktive, nur ergebnisorientierte Mannschaft dastehen.

SPOX: Und inwieweit ragen Überlegungen zur Marke und zum Image tatsächlich in den sportlichen Bereich hinein?

Allofs: Die Interessen zwischen marketingstrategischen Aspekten und der sportlichen Ausrichtung sind ohnehin deckungsgleich. Natürlich wollen wir einen Spieler wie Diego haben, weil er sensationell Fußball spielt - und schließlich hat sich gezeigt, dass er auch unter Marketing-Gesichtspunkten und für unser Image eine sehr, sehr wichtige Figur ist.

SPOX: An erster Stelle stehen also die sportlichen Aspekte, dann erst greifen Überlegungen zur Marke?

Allofs: Optimal ist, wenn beides zusammenkommt. Wir suchen Spieler, die leistungsbereit und ehrgeizig sind und sich total mit dem Verein identifizieren. Wir wollen aber auch keine Roboter haben. Wir wollen, auch für die Marke Werder Bremen, spezielle Typen, die auch in ihrer Art unterschiedlich sind. Ob das nun Diego ist, oder Borowski, Mertesacker, Clemens Fritz oder Tim Wiese, der ja auch einen speziellen Bereich abdeckt. Und es hat sich in den letzten Jahren gut entwickelt, dass man auf uns nicht nur wegen der Ergebnisse schaut, sondern eben auch, weil da ein paar ganz interessante Typen dabei sind.

SPOX: Und weil es in der Regel sehr unterhaltsam ist, Ihrem Spiel zuzusehen...

Allofs: Sportlicher Erfolg und eine attraktive Spielweise gehören für uns zusammen. Aber das ist natürlich eine Gratwanderung. Nehmen Sie etwa die 3:6-Niederlage gegen Stuttgart. Da war unsere Spielweise plötzlich zweitrangig - es wurde über die sechs Gegentore gesprochen.

SPOX: Aber gerade solche Niederlagen fördern doch auch Ihr Image und schaffen ein hohes Identifikationspotential - eher als ein 0:0.

Allofs: Das ist richtig, das merken wir ja an positiven Reaktionen in Zuschriften. Aber wir wollen nun wirklich nicht als die sympathischen Träumer durch die Liga spazieren, die nur vom totalen Offensivfußball schwärmen, dann aber keine Ergebnisse liefern.

SPOX: Zum Image von Werder Bremen gehört inzwischen auch eine Art Stehaufmännchen-Mentalität. Immer wieder Rückschläge verkraften, immer wieder Verletzungspech, immer wieder werden wichtige Spieler abgegeben - und immer wieder kommen Sie erfolgreich zurück.

Klaus Allofs: Die Rahmenbedingungen sind bei manchen anderen Vereinen sicher besser, aber damit haben wir uns abgefunden - auch damit, dass uns bisweilen Spieler verlassen. Aus dieser Situation sind wir gefordert, stets das Beste zu machen. Vor allem müssen wir unsere Situation, unsere Politik und Philosophie immer wieder offen an die Fans kommunizieren. Und das hat bislang sehr gut funktioniert. Denn vernünftiges Wirtschaften ist inzwischen auch eines der Markenzeichen von Werder.

SPOX: Das vernünftige Wirtschaften setzt Ihnen aber auch klare strukturelle Grenzen. Haben Sie das Gefühl, Bremen ist bereits am eigenen Horizont angekommen, hat sein Potential bereits ausgeschöpft?

Allofs: Ich glaube nicht, dass wir bereits am Ende unserer Möglichkeiten angelangt sind. Es gibt noch Spielraum, wie etwa das Stadion, da werden wir noch was machen. Auch in anderen Bereichen, wie im Sponsoring, sind noch Möglichkeiten zur Entwicklung. Aber wir werden insgesamt einfach kreativ bleiben müssen, um uns immer wieder neuen Spielraum zu erarbeiten.

SPOX: Und wie sieht mittelfristig die sportliche Perspektive aus? Für Ihre Vertragsverlängerung hat das vermutlich auch eine Rolle gespielt?

Allofs: Ich finde, dass die Perspektive gut aussieht, weil in der jungen Mannschaft noch viel Potential steckt. Natürlich werden wir immer wieder vor dem Problem stehen, dass wir den Abgang von wichtigen Spielern verkraften müssen, wie aktuell jetzt Tim Borowski.

Aber ich glaube, dass im Kader genug Substanz steckt, dass wir auf dem Niveau weiterarbeiten können.

SPOX: Welche Rolle spielen Titel für die weitere Entwicklung?

Allofs: Das Double 2004 hat hier natürlich für einen richtigen Schub gesorgt. Aber für mich ist die viermalige Teilnahme an der Champions League auch jeweils ein Titel. Den kann man zwar nicht vorzeigen - aber auch daran arbeiten wir. Und es ärgert uns natürlich sehr, dass wir gerade in der ungünstigsten Phase gegen Glasgow spielen mussten und ausgeschieden sind. Ich hätte uns nämlich im weiteren Verlauf noch einiges zugetraut.

SPOX: In Anbetracht der schwierigen personellen Situation haben Sie sich in dieser Spielzeit - letztlich mit beachtlichem Erfolg - aber dennoch mehr durch die Saison geschleppt. In Bezug auf die Entwicklung des Vereins und der Mannschaft: Haben Sie das Gefühl 2007/08 war ein verlorenes Jahr?

Allofs: Ein deutliches Nein. Denn es gibt in der Entwicklung eines Vereins immer verschiedene Phasen. In den letzten Jahren ging es fast stetig bergauf, wir waren immer in der Champions League dabei. Dadurch waren wir in allen Bereichen sehr erfolgreich, es gab überall Zuwächse. Aber zur Entwicklung eines Klubs gehören auch mal schwierige Phasen. Dadurch kann man Dinge wieder neu in Frage stellen und verändern und an bestimmten Stellschrauben Dinge wieder korrigieren.

SPOX: Ein Lernprozess im Umgang mit Krisen?

Allofs: Richtig, das zum Einen. Aber man darf auch nicht vergessen, dass wir eine sehr junge Mannschaft mit sehr viel Potential haben.

Viele Spieler, die am Anfang ihrer Karriere stehen. Und die sind auf jeden Fall weitergekommen.

Alleine durch die Erfahrung in der Champions League, im UEFA-Cup aber auch in der Meisterschaft haben diese Spieler eine positive Entwicklung genommen.

Bleibt zu hoffen, dass das am Ende der Saison auch noch von Erfolg gekrönt wird.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/0804/Artikel/allofs-interview.html

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/0804/Artikel/allofs-interview-teil-2.html

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Just came across this:

KLASNIC TO SUE MEDICAL TEAM

Werder Bremen striker Ivan Klasnic is attempting to sue the club's medical team, who he believes could have prevented a kidney transplant in March 2007.

The Croatia striker believes club doctor Gotz Dimanski and cardiologist Manju Guha could have prevented his operation had they diagnosed up the problem earlier.

"If the doctors had treated me correctly then things would have gone differently," said the 28-year-old.

"The people who have created this mess will have to pay. Enough is enough now, the truth must come out."

According to Germany's Spiegel magazine, Klasnic is claiming 1.4 million euros in damages after learning from other privately employed doctors that his kidney could have been saved.

"I will never allow Dr Dimanski to treat me ever again," added Klasnic.

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8925_3488035,00.html
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:56 pm

I think Klasnic is absolutely right to do so, the mistake by our doc almost cost him his career.

We definitely need to improve our medical staff. It can't be a coincidence that we have the most injuries by far, and that our players seem to recover slowest. Fire them all and get in some quality docs, says I.
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Werder macht Spaß

3:3 in Karlsruhe – Tobias Schächter (Berliner Zeitung) verliebt sich in Werder Bremen: „Eigentlich war dieses Unentschieden wie eine Niederlage für Werder, doch die Analyse fiel vielleicht deshalb so offenherzig aus, weil alle Beteiligten noch berauscht wie nach dem ersten Kuss wirkten. Die Vermarkter der DFL wären nicht schlecht beraten, diese 92 Minuten als Imagefilm in die weite Fußballwelt zu senden, um den Fans in Asien und anderswo zu zeigen: ‚Hallo: Die Bundesliga bietet auch Spektakel!’“

Oliver Trust (Stuttgarter Zeitung) fügt seine Grüße hinzu: „Klaus Allofs wusste sicher nicht genau, in welch einsame Position er sich begab, als er forderte, den ‚Aspekt Sicherheit’ künftig mehr in den Vordergrund zu stellen. Es dürfte sich kaum ein Fußballfan in Deutschland finden lassen, der Allofs' Ansinnen nicht sofort ohne jede weitere Diskussion ablehnen würde. Werder Bremen zuzuschauen macht viel zu viel Spaß.“

Bemerkenswert auch, wie die Bremer Gegner zitiert werden: KSC-Verteidiger Christian Eichner lobt: „Wir würden noch eine Weile hier stehen, wenn wir die Vorzüge von Werder aufzählen würden. Drei Ballkontakte aus dem eigenen Strafraum in den des Gegners, das ist Werder Bremen.“ Trainer Edmund Becker bedankt sich für die Lehrstunde: „Das war Anschauungsunterricht, von dem wir lernen können. Das war die beste Mannschaft bisher im Wildpark. Wir haben zur Pause einigermaßen ratlos in der Kabine gesessen und darüber nachgedacht, wie wir die stoppen können.“
http://www.indirekter-freistoss.de/home/bundesliga-280408.html

sunny drunken
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:27 pm

Actually, this rather pisses me off. With the exception of the crappy Munich media that always criticises us / fabricates stories about us and whatnot, a lot of journalists praise Werder too often for their gung-ho attitude. Yes, we deserve praise for being the most attacking side in the league (and probably Europe), but we are not just there to entertain, we are a top club and need to win titles! If there are problems at the club, serious problems, they should be addressed by the press, in an objective manner (the hardest part), and not being glossed over because we are 'so entertaining'.

I don't want any opposition player to ever say that they like to play against us because we are so attacking (read: because it's so easy to score against us) again. Others should fear us, they should fear the all attacking onslaught, made possible by a stable defence!
anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
Supports : VfB Stuttgart

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:39 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:I don't want any opposition player to ever say that they like to play against us because we are so attacking (read: because it's so easy to score against us) again. Others should fear us, they should fear the all attacking onslaught, made possible by a stable defence!
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3972915/VfB_Stuttgart_Werder_Bremen_6_3

cheers Wink Hug

(Okay, so our defense wasn't any better that day, but... )
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Grrrrr... Grr Grr Grr

What's the point in playing the "best match of the last two decades" if we don't even win a point? Does a score actually get more unfair than that? Typisch Werder... Grr
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:06 pm

According to Bild Bremen we offered 8.5m Euro for Marcelo Moreno and the player would like to come to Bremen. Cruzeiro however demand 10m Euro for him.

Some of the fans on the Bremen board rate him pretty highly.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Heard a lot of good things about him also, would love our great Brazilian guys / gals (sheva7, mongrel, Juligen) to comment on him.

I especially rate sheva7's opinion on Brazilian players. He is basically always right, as could be seen in the Carlos Alberto case. Sorry for being so optimistic back then sheva, you were right from the beginning! Ale Very Happy
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:50 pm

I wonder whether Allofs would sign both Moreno and Pizarro if he gets the opportunity...we could sell Sanogo during the winter break then.

With regard to CA, I think Allofs should order him to return, so we can keep an eye or better two eyes on him. I think it´s not acceptable he wastes his talent and our money like this, we have to get him back on track.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Easier said than done, although I agree with you.

It's a damn shame that so many Brazilian players seem to have problems with discipline these days. So much talent wasted. Unfortunately, not all of them are model professionals like Diego or Kaka.

I think that Schaaf could handle Alberto, the much bigger problem however are his team mates. He is not exactly liked by them after his antics here.

Great talent, would love to see him shine for us one day, but I don't get my hopes high.
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:56 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
I especially rate sheva7's opinion on Brazilian players. He is basically always right, as could be seen in the Carlos Alberto case. Sorry for being so optimistic back then sheva, you were right from the beginning! Ale Very Happy

I said the exact same thing eons ago

buying Carlos Alberto was ALWAYS madness

I also exposed Robinho, Adriano and Ronaldo as well as Fred as frauds when most on here were still raving

and told you that Diego was hopelessly overrated, which you can now see for yourself

I take sheva on in terms of knowledge about Brazilian players anytime, anyplace

wahre G
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:08 pm

26-Otto-19 wrote:
and told you that Diego was hopelessly overrated, which you can now see for yourself
Laugh

Diego will be the world´s best football player in a few years...in the meantime feel free to declare us why Klose only scored 10 goals playing for the best Bayern side since years after you told us last season the only reason for Klose´s lack of form was evil Diego.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Diego overrated? Laugh

Stop your Diego bashing, will you? What does he need to do to convince you? Get a German passport, some gel in his hair and a goatee, and star in a Nutella ad? Rolling Eyes
chrissicross

Post by chrissicross on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:18 pm

If Diego would have a German passport Otto would be raving about him here from dawn till dusk while wanking before his Diego shrine...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:28 pm

lol!
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:31 pm

But Otto is a bit right.... If Diego was really that good he already played for a big team....!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 am