Post by Ä on Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Bierhoff was an old school player but a MODERN manager

in favour of flat hierarchies, soft skills, pro-Lahm , anti Ballack

vs the physical elements of the game

even as a player he would shy away from body contact

Bierhoff stands for the "Akademisierung des Fussballs"

where street footballers without manners and education are kicked out

nowadays, virtually all of our Mannschafters could have gone to university

he even gave our players a Benimmkurs, after he saw how slapstick-like Schweini would talk to Angie

EVERYTHING about Bierhoff is about commerce and business

I hate Rummenigge, but he was right, Die Ich-AG from Starnberber See

few people stand for the MODERN game as much as Bierhoff

--------------

as for Dutt

there are FIVE managers I would HATE to have in charge of MY team

1. Löw
2. Klinsi
3. Dutt
4. Adrion
+
5. Schaaf

I feel terribly sorry for Werder as a club

they or rather you deserve so much more

his man-management skills are non-existent

and arguably, man-management skills are the most important aspect of coaching

his theoretical brilliance is utterly irrelevant as long as he does not reach the players

Klopp's idea of pressing and counter-pressing may be top notch, but his genius lies in REACHING and inspiring his players

even Schaaf at his old best, was good primarily because he allowed his "difficult" players to breathe and do their thing

ditto Heynckes under whose tutelage players like Poldi or Ribery suddenly thrived

it's just like in F1

you can have the best motor, chassis or aerodynamics package

NONE of this matters, if cannot get all that power onto the street

ie

if the tyres are not suitable for the car

it's all about APPLYING the power, or indeed KNOWLEDGE to the road/football field

APPLICATION always trumps THEORY

which is why the German economy is so much healthier than the French or British one

Dutt and Löw are like French intellectuals

they seem to think

"sure it works in practice, but does it work in THEORY?"

--------

as for Dutt having been successful in Freiburg

sure

but bear in mind that Finke as well as Streich were also rather good over there

the club is a microcosm where you can work in peace , without any media pressure, or "Aktionismus" from silly club officials

as so often, I hope I am wrong on Dutt at Werder, I know way too many Werder fans and the club is MASSIVELY important for the region

which is why relegation would have been a disaster

but my hunch is , that the Dutt experiment will end in tears

imagine Werder in the hands of Heynckes, Schuster, Tuchel or Sammer (as coach)

and you know what I am talking about

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Werder Bremen 2014/2015

Post by Fey on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Blut, you went AWOL again!

BUT!

What do you make of Werder Bremen's pre-season so far. Lost against Zwolle, and lost today against ajax, whom already played a game on the same day!

Could relegation be a possibility this year?
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 am

Dutt is a useless coach, and I hate him, so I hope that they do get relegated... they probably won't though; just another year of hopeless mediocrity.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:46 pm

I hope young Luca Caldirola does well for you guys... Inter have a buy back clause, I think (or rather, I hope)
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:10 am

Fey wrote:Blut, you went AWOL again!

BUT!

What do you make of Werder Bremen's pre-season so far. Lost against Zwolle, and lost today against ajax, whom already played a game on the same day!

WErder have lost their lasts 4 games

Blut has A LOT of explaining to do

but frankly

anybody who WANTED

DUTT

as manager

deserves to see Werder getting relegated

you CANNOT hire one of the worst German managers out there

and expect them to do well

Werder will end this season near the relegation places

the good news is that the DFB have now officially dropped Löw's youth policy with regards to the U-21

from now on, the BEST team will play when it comes to qualifiers and Cups

Löw always insisted that the best kids would travel with the seniors

thereby weakening the juniors

the DFB have now put an end to this nonsense Ale 

then again

they now want to extend his contract

Doh Laugh 

Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 am

Huh? So you want Götze, Gündogan, Draxler and Schürrle to represent the U21s?
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Sounds good to me... build up a generation of players who win at the youth level first, then the senior level... There is no better experience than winning experience.
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:56 pm

They are all (with the exception of Schürrle, who can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, though Jogi loves him) going to be important members of next year's WM squad, if not starters (Gündogan and Götze should be, Draxler should have a big role to play).

Absolutely ridiculous to expect them to play in U21 qualification as well as for the first team, and quite obviously a complete non-starter. Youth/experience/masculinity agendas hin oder her.
Ä

Post by Ä on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Xavier wrote:Sounds good to me... build up a generation of players who win at the youth level first, then the senior level... There is no better experience than winning experience.

<Ale> 
Ä

Post by Ä on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:They are all (with the exception of Schürrle, who can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, though Jogi loves him) going to be important members of next year's WM squad, if not starters (Gündogan and Götze should be, Draxler should have a big role to play).

Absolutely ridiculous to expect them to play in U21 qualification as well as for the first team, and quite obviously a complete non-starter. Youth/experience/masculinity agendas hin oder her.

the BEST team should play

BEST meaning: most likely to WIN SILVERWARE

to WIN Cups you need a MIXTURE of talent, experience...

you CANNOT possibly play Draxler, Götze, Gündogan, Schürrle, Kroos, Holtby.... AT THE SAME TIME

so yes, I agree with Xavier

let MOST of the kids WIN stuff FIRST, rather than sit on the bench for the seniors

Müller, Reus and maybe Kroos should be part of the SENIORS

Gündogan, Draxler and Götze and Co should have played for the U-21 this summer

I cannot see how you make a good case for Gündogan gaining more by playing silly friendlies with the Seniors in the USA rather than winning the U-21 Cup against the mighty Spaniards

Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:05 am

That is a different debate, although I can scarcely imagine Gündogan was particularly up for that after the CL final. U21 tournaments aren't really intended for people playing at that level. Götze was injured. The point is NOW, when as I've made it obvious it would be ludicrous (indeed impossible) to expect them to play for both U21 and N11 on top of their other commitments. You don't help your case, whatever it is, by mentioning a bunch of people like Müller, Kroos, Holtby and Reus who are too old anyway and either through age or being totally established for the first team completely irrelevant to the whole U21 discussion.

So it comes down to where you want Draxler to play now. I've made it clear what my view is. (In fact, had the same argument re Wilshere on the England thread...)

Müller and Reus hardly played for the U21, the whole "winning things" stuff can be overdone (how did that go for us after that special year in '09 with so many relevant U21 players?) – these guys can do it for their clubs. To suggest that Draxler should leave Schalke for a bigger club where he's guaranteed to win trophies is obviously laughable too.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Fey wrote:Blut, you went AWOL again!

BUT!

Relegation is always possible, just a lot more likely for all other Bundesliga clubs bar that pesky 'dinosaur' neighbour.

This said, patience is a virtue. Dutt will get the time he needs to implement his ideas and the team will most definitely need some time to learn some basic defending, knowing how they didn't under Schaaf for more than a decade.

The pre-season has been disappointing results wise so far but the form has been improving lately. Just watching the friendly vs. Fulham and actually quite like a lot of the things I see. Good passing cohesion, tactically much less naive than we used to be, quite a few good moves and chances created. We lack a bit more speed and precision on the break, giving them too much time to organise, and could be more clinical. But other than that, it's ok actually.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:01 pm

bluenine wrote:I hope young Luca Caldirola does well for you guys... Inter have a buy back clause, I think (or rather, I hope)

Knowing about our luck as far as defenders are concerned, I hope he'll come good, too. AFAIK, we paid €2.25m for him and Eichin managed to get rid of the €4.5m buy-out clause that Inter demanded at first indeed. He looked good in the U21 Euros from what I saw from him, so it could be a good piece of business.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Btw. Fey, your NT #1 Stekelenburg looked pretty shit right now, gifted Petersen the first goal of the match.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Krul is nr1 these days. Stekelenburg is indeed a bit shite.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:43 pm

We're supposedly interested in Bayern's Diego Contento (LB):

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/1307/News/werder-bremen-an-diego-contento-interessiert-fc-bayern-muenchen-lukas-schmitz.html

Would be a good buy I think. Hope it goes through.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am

And now we're even linked to Emre Can.

Now that would be an awesome signing. Likely on a loan, but the potential of the lad is huge. And he could improve his game considerably playing over here and getting valuable playing time. Win - win.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Congratulations to Werder legend Otto Rehagel, König Otto der I. Today is his 75th birthday! Magiccheers 

Legend! Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Shit game, good result. Very important three points in what is likely going to be a long season for us.

Dutt has a lot of work to do.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:42 pm

We signed some Argentinian striker that I've never heard about, "Franco Matias di Santo" from Wigan (former Chelsea). Apparently, a free transfer.

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball/international/2013/08/13/transfer-news/wechselt-schalkes-papadopoulos-zu-mancity.html

Not exactly sure if that's the kind of player we need, but whatever, at least he's free. Really hope that Eichin manages to sign a LB soon.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Another shit match, another win. Hmm, I wonder if I'm stuck in a parallel universe, because as long as I can even remember, it was the other way around...

I take the 3 points, thank you very much. But we really need to find a way to utlilise the (limited) potential we have better...
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Another win for dfBremen, must be mere luck that you get to start against two of the worst teams out there...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Yeah, well, not too long ago, it was these must win matches were we struggled, the most important reason for our decline.

It will take a while to become competitive again, but what I like about Dutt so far is that he is putting emphasis on the defence, the achilles heel of Werder Bremen for more than a decade. We rode our luck at times, but still, we're more solid defensively already than we used to be. Mielitz is a liability though, wish we had a better keeper available.

Building a new team from the back is the right way to do it. First get the defence in order, two clean sheets are a good start, and then continue to work on our attacking game. If we could also get rid of the dead wood while adding a bit of creativity to our side, things could start to improve in the coming months.

Dortmund next, a much bigger task. I expect us to lose, but hopefully, we'll continue to improve and learn a few lessons on the way.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:33 pm

The expected (and deserved) loss away vs. Dortmund, conceding just one goal makes it respectable. As I wrote before, I really like how Dutt is building the team from the back, concentrating on the defence first. We're much better defensively already than we had been under Schaaf for years, the team defends far more effectively, there actually is an apparent, coordinated defensive plan at work.

Of course not everything works fine already, we're just at the beginning of the rebuilding process. Dortmund were clearly the better team and could (or rather should) have scored more goals. We didn't threaten their goal much either, but that's ok, Dortmund are in a different class to us these days.

But it was truly positive to see how the team fought for every ball, how they harassed their players whenever they could.

From our attacking players, Werder youngster and U21 NT player Yildirim looked really good, especially in the first half. Kid has talent, will hopefully get more playing time this season, another stark contrast to the Schaaf days.

We lost, but there were a lot of positives to take from this match. We need to continue to improve our defensive game and gradually fine tune attacking moves and passing. We have a number of young talented players who can grow into a good team in the coming years. But this will take time and there will be setbacks. But most important, Dutt seems to have the right priorities, which makes me rather optimistic for the future.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:17 am

Got our arse handed to us today,  couldn't watch the match here in Ireland. It's a setback for sure,  but Gladbach are really strong this year and quite a bit ahead of us.  Just pains to see Kruse owning us like that knowing that he was a Werder player not too long ago.  If there is one thing I really resent Schaaf for,  it's the total failure of integrating players from our second team into our first team,  our youth setup in general. We most definitely have to work on that.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 am

Seems like we managed to offload Arnautovic to Stoke, even for a ridiculously low sum going by today's standards. Goodbye and good luck, you'll need it Arno as you'll propbably never going to grow up.
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:34 pm

It's great to see Arnautovic is moving upwards again! Still, good footballer, but ive always told you his mentality is fucked up. You never believed that..
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 pm

I always believed him to have a difficult personality, how could I not have believed that knowing his CV before he joined us? He is and always has been a bona fide bellend. I just wrongly believed that Schaaf could form him and set things right for him, but he failed.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:48 pm

If the Özil transfer happens, which seems likely, we'll get 1.25% of the €50m Arsenal are supposedly paying for him, which is about €625.000. Not an awful lot, but still nice, especially now that we're so tight on money. Ale
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:53 pm

You also get some money for Elia, who is going to Ajax.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 am