COPA LIBERTADORES!

COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: COPA LIBERTADORES!

Post by COTR on Fri May 07, 2010 7:29 pm

That goal looks perfectly fine to me. Looks like the ref did a great job overturning that one to arrive at the correct decision Puro
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Fri May 07, 2010 7:50 pm

COTR #6 wrote:That goal looks perfectly fine to me. Looks like the ref did a great job overturning that one to arrive at the correct decision Puro

Well that makes Universidad de Chile fans, Ecuadorians, and you as the only ones believing that was a legitimate goal. EVERYONE else is disgusted with this robbery.

I watched an Alianza Lima player (Amilton Prado) say today during an interview that he was shocked that the ref told him "why are you guys complaining so much, you're still through to the quarterfinals even at 2-2" lol! the ref was really afraid of getting killed in Chile.

Alianza Lima players have also said they're gutted because they showed over two matches that they were the superior team (TRUE FUCKING STORY!), but that they feel robbed by the ref, "the ref KO us in Copa Libertadores". FFS!

It was also reported that the ref was suspended 10 weeks in Ecuador after a clásico there between Emelec and I forget the other team's name.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Fri May 07, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm pleased Vagner Love did well - he is excellent and should go to the World Cup.

There is a bit of snobbery towards him - similar to that showed by Italians to Iaquinta before last world cup.

VL actually has very decent ability to go with his pace and is so 2 footed that you need to see him take a pen to know which is his strong foot!
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Sat May 08, 2010 3:00 am

Nonetheless he has been incredibly poor for Brazil and looked like a complete dunkey. Can't understand how he can look so good for other teams but so crap for Brazil.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sat May 08, 2010 3:48 am

Sorry, Todo. Which one is more likely? We winning a major trophy for the first time since 1971 or you winning Libertadores for the first time? Hard to answer.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sat May 08, 2010 3:49 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:I'm pleased Vagner Love did well - he is excellent and should go to the World Cup.

There is a bit of snobbery towards him - similar to that showed by Italians to Iaquinta before last world cup.

VL actually has very decent ability to go with his pace and is so 2 footed that you need to see him take a pen to know which is his strong foot!

affraid
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sat May 08, 2010 11:30 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
Pierre Littbarski wrote:I'm pleased Vagner Love did well - he is excellent and should go to the World Cup.

affraid

2002–2004 Palmeiras 42 (27)
2004– CSKA Moscow 184 (95)
2009 → Palmeiras (loan) 12 (5)
2010– → Flamengo (loan) 22 (18)

27 in 44 CL and UEFA games.

Short but very strong, an amazing leap, great pace, great striker of a ball, perfectly 2 footed and much more talent/skill than he'll ever get credit for.

Fabiano is one of those who never quite convinces me no matter what but I accept he has to be 1st choice no 9 but VL should be 2nd.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sat May 08, 2010 10:02 pm

2002–2004 Palmeiras 42 (27) Paulista State Championship and Brazilian Serie B
2004– CSKA Moscow 184 (95) Russian League
2009 → Palmeiras (loan) 12 (5) Endless shit performances playing in the Brazilian League Serie A.
2010– → Flamengo (loan) 22 (18) Rio State championship

He is too inconsistent playing at top level. Keep him away from Brazil.
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue May 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Apparently the Ecuadorian ref who changed his original call and allowed the offside goal in that U de Chile - Alianza Lima game has been suspended indefinitely by CONMEBOL. That may be the last we saw of him.

Also the U de Chile coach and his assistant have been suspended indefinitely, possibly 5 years.

It is said/rumoured that Alianza Lima may get a monetary compensation and an automatic 1/8 Final placement in next Copa Libertadores 2011.
EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção on Wed May 12, 2010 1:20 am

Puro

With the WC starting when is the semi finals/Final? Surely not during the WC because the best player in south America by a country mile won't be around which is a major disadvantage.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed May 12, 2010 3:53 pm

EM La Liga wrote:Puro

With the WC starting when is the semi finals/Final? Surely not during the WC because the best player in south America by a country mile won't be around which is a major disadvantage.

Are you talking about Wilmer Aguirre (Alianza Lima's striker, the one who destroyed Estudiantes?). Alianza Lima were robbed in 1/8 Final, they're out of CL, and Aguirre (word has it) now will play for Fenerbahce in Champions League.
EM Seleção e Selecção

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção on Wed May 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Alberto wrote:

Are you talking about Wilmer Aguirre (Alianza Lima's striker, the one who destroyed Estudiantes?). Alianza Lima were robbed in 1/8 Final, they're out of CL, and Aguirre (word has it) now will play for Fenerbahce in Champions League.
No never.

I am talking about the reigining South American player of the year(the only guy in SA 2010 has the vision to rival Xavi)

This Aguirre guy will probably end up like Farfan.

to think I used to think Farfan was better than Rooney Embarassed
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed May 12, 2010 4:28 pm

EM La Liga wrote:
Alberto wrote:

No never.

I am talking about the reigining South American player of the year(the only guy in SA 2010 has the vision to rival Xavi)

Why don't you just say Verón from the get go?

Farfán is better than Rooney. La Foquita was asked to play out of position by Magath as a winger, and he assisted Kuranyi many many times. Farfán made the Bundesliga team of the year receiving many recognitions as well. We all saw how Rooney did when asked to play as a winger.

Next season when Farfán is moved up front once again as a striker, you'll see him explode, you'll see the same player that made Hiddink cream his pants with all them goals he scored for the Dutchie.

Rooney misses 4 out of 5 sitters, Farfán scores 4 out of 5 sitters. That's the big difference between the two. Farfán is a player, Rooney is just another overhyped player.
EM Seleção e Selecção

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção on Wed May 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Alberto wrote:
EM La Liga wrote:
Alberto wrote:

No never.

Why don't you just say Verón from the get go?

Farfán is better than Rooney. La Foquita was asked to play out of position by Magath as a winger, and he assisted Kuranyi many many times. Farfán made the Bundesliga team of the year receiving many recognitions as well. We all saw how Rooney did when asked to play as a winger.

Next season when Farfán is moved up front once again as a striker, you'll see him explode, you'll see the same player that made Hiddink cream his pants with all them goals he scored for the Dutchie.

Rooney misses 4 out of 5 sitters, Farfán scores 4 out of 5 sitters. That's the big difference between the two. Farfán is a player, Rooney is just another overhyped player.
For someone who was once rated so highly he should be aiming for Barcelona(They need to replace Henry)
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu May 13, 2010 1:32 am

Yo Todo! U de Chile are a very good team, but I'm a bit surprised Flamengo are having so much trouble with them at home. Alianza Lima are superior to them Chileans, but we were robbed by the refs. FUCK! maybe Alianza Lima were the best team in the CL this year, the destruction of Estudiantes was no fluke. FUCKING ECUADORIAN REFS FFS!

Tell Flamengo to watch the Alianza Lima - U de Chile games to see how to beat this team.

Waiting for the cracker Cruzeiro - São Paulo cheers
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 am

Congrats to Internacional of Brazil, they beat Chivas yesterday to win the Copa Libertadores 2010.

They'll now play in the World Club Cup in December (which they won back in 2006 by beating Barcelona), where presumably they'll face Internazionale from Italy. Inter vs. Inter Smile
Six

Number of posts : 4390
Supports : Liverpool
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Big fight broke out after the final whistle. Typical South American savages.. Rolling Eyes

Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Todo, Corinthians have signed Luis Ramírez. I'm not surprised because I saw Tite's face when he was spying São Paulo-Universitario match in last CL. He really liked my man Ramírez.

He's a CAM with lots of technique, great vision, and can also score, he's got a decent shot. He can also play deeper as DM. For Universitario he played as CAM, and for La Selección he plays as DM since the advancing roles are given to Vargas and Farfán on the flanks and to Guerrero floating behind Pizarro.

Here's hoping he wins CL with Todo Poderoso Timão. Biggrin <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Alberto wrote:Todo, Corinthians have signed Luis Ramírez. I'm not surprised because I saw Tite's face when he was spying São Paulo-Universitario match in last CL. He really liked my man Ramírez.

He's a CAM with lots of technique, great vision, and can also score, he's got a decent shot. He can also play deeper as DM. For Universitario he played as CAM, and for La Selección he plays as DM since the advancing roles are given to Vargas and Farfán on the flanks and to Guerrero floating behind Pizarro.

Puro, I was going to ask you about him. thanks for the info. Ale
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:00 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Alberto wrote:Todo, Corinthians have signed Luis Ramírez. I'm not surprised because I saw Tite's face when he was spying São Paulo-Universitario match in last CL. He really liked my man Ramírez.

Puro, I was going to ask you about him. thanks for the info. Ale

You must have patience with Ramírez because he's a diamond in the rough (like a lot of Peruvian players that are wasted because of the corrupt fuckos!!! Doh ), and he hasn't had a pre-season because his club Universitario were on strike recently due to the corrupt fuckos not paying the players since October 2010!!! Doh Doh Doh

So, Ramírez will be real short of fitness in the beginning, but if you'll have patience with him, he'll shine.

A lot of people in Perú don't like him (mainly Alianza Lima fans, Universitario's archrivals), but I know that Luis Ramírez is a crack (and I'm an Alianza Lima fan!).

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:40 am

Ramirez!!! Ale

First game. Against S. Bernardo. Campeonato Paulista. Only the reserves played, because of the important Libertadores game on Wednesday, and he had his chance. Man of the match, wonderful goal, which made our ex-president Lula, a Corinthians fan, cheer in the small stadium of the industrial city of S. Bernardo (Greater São Paulo), where he led crowds of workers in the early 80s.

I saw many Corintianos in message boards who already want him to be a starter. He had a hell of a game.

Have a look, Puro. You'll love it. I loved it!

Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:11 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Ramirez!!! Ale

First game. Against S. Bernardo. Campeonato Paulista. Only the reserves played, because of the important Libertadores game on Wednesday, and he had his chance. Man of the match, wonderful goal, which made our ex-president Lula, a Corinthians fan, cheer in the small stadium of the industrial city of S. Bernardo (Greater São Paulo), where he led crowds of workers in the early 80s.

I saw many Corintianos in message boards who already want him to be a starter. He had a hell of a game.

Have a look, Puro. You'll love it. I loved it!

Biggrin Dang! Cachito even scored a goal straight out of fifth grade elementary school, "el reloj". That's "the clock" for the English speakers.

Glad that he's gaining a few fans right away. Be patient with this Cachito guy. I've always thought that he's a diamond in the rough. <Ale>

Good luck against Tolima.

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:11 am

neymarrr 1-0
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:09 am

MES AMIS! WOW! WHAT A FINAL!!! Santos campeones, but did they sweat 'til the very end FOR FUCKS SAKE! Kudos to Peñarol for fighting 'til the end, and I really mean 'til the end.

As soon as the game was over, A HUGE fight broke out. Classic Copa Libertadores Final FFS! Whoop
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Not fully on topic, but what the hell is wrong with traditional Argentinian giants River Plate? Seems like they're going to be relegated for the first time this season! Yikes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8593508/Argentinas-River-Plate-90-minutes-from-relegation.html

Fans stormed the pitch and rugged their players up after they conceded the second goal in the first leg of the play-offs against some small club from the country side. Simply amazing...
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Back on topic: Traditional South American sportsmanship after the Copa final... Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6P146xy40
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm

So uncivilised. And how they fight is well funny - legs first kung fu kicking, then running away.

Bunch of pussies hey mes amis?! lol!
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:46 pm

I'd be embarrassed to share a continent with such cowardly fighters Embarassed

Kick'n'run - the South American way lol!
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Not fully on topic, but what the hell is wrong with traditional Argentinian giants River Plate? Seems like they're going to be relegated for the first time this season! Yikes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8593508/Argentinas-River-Plate-90-minutes-from-relegation.html

Fans stormed the pitch and rugged their players up after they conceded the second goal in the first leg of the play-offs against some small club from the country side. Simply amazing...

Yup! they lost last night 2-0, and the expression in their faces told everything you needed to know about the team's present. Imagine Bayern Munich in 2.Bundesliga!

I think the debacle for River Plate began when they got crushed by San Martín in Copa Libertadores a couple of years ago. San Martín, a "small team" from Perú which is run very professionally though. After that a lot of Argie teams took notice, and lost that 'fear and respect' they used to have for the Argie giants.

After that, River Plate found themselves in grinders every week in Argie league, and their financial situation didn't help either. They shouldn't be struggling to sides like Belgrano and the like, but what can they do, when every team go into the game believing they can be had.
Murray

Number of posts : 10194

Post by Murray on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Puro wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Not fully on topic, but what the hell is wrong with traditional Argentinian giants River Plate? Seems like they're going to be relegated for the first time this season!

Yup! they lost last night 2-0, and the expression in their faces told everything you needed to know about the team's present. Imagine Bayern Munich in 2.Bundesliga!

I think the debacle for River Plate began when they got crushed by San Martín in Copa Libertadores a couple of years ago. San Martín, a "small team" from Perú which is run very professionally though. After that a lot of Argie teams took notice, and lost that 'fear and respect' they used to have for the Argie giants.

After that, River Plate found themselves in grinders every week in Argie league, and their financial situation didn't help either. They shouldn't be struggling to sides like Belgrano and the like, but what can they do, when every team go into the game believing they can be had.

They will probably change the rules to keep them up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:37 am