COPA LIBERTADORES!

Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: COPA LIBERTADORES!

Post by Puro on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Santos MUST retain Neymar, Ganso, Danilo and Elano to have a chance of beating Barcelona in December. IF they can hang on to their stars I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Barcelona just like São Paulo did against Barça's "Dream Team" back in the 90's.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Murray wrote:
Puro wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Not fully on topic, but what the hell is wrong with traditional Argentinian giants River Plate? Seems like they're going to be relegated for the first time this season!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8593508/Argentinas-River-Plate-90-minutes-from-relegation.html

Fans stormed the pitch and rugged their players up after they conceded the second goal in the first leg of the play-offs against some small club from the country side. Simply amazing...

Yup! they lost last night 2-0, and the expression in their faces told everything you needed to know about the team's present. Imagine Bayern Munich in 2.Bundesliga!

I think the debacle for River Plate began when they got crushed by San Martín in Copa Libertadores a couple of years ago. San Martín, a "small team" from Perú which is run very professionally though. After that a lot of Argie teams took notice, and lost that 'fear and respect' they used to have for the Argie giants.

After that, River Plate found themselves in grinders every week in Argie league, and their financial situation didn't help either. They shouldn't be struggling to sides like Belgrano and the like, but what can they do, when every team go into the game believing they can be had.

They will probably change the rules to keep them up.

Rangers and Celtic, were they ever relegated? I know Juventus and Atlético de Madrid were. In South America, Alianza Lima Embarassed Corinthians and Palmeiras went to division two.
Murray

Number of posts : 10210
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Puro wrote:
Murray wrote:
Puro wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Not fully on topic, but what the hell is wrong with traditional Argentinian giants River Plate? Seems like they're going to be relegated for the first time this season!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8593508/Argentinas-River-Plate-90-minutes-from-relegation.html

Fans stormed the pitch and rugged their players up after they conceded the second goal in the first leg of the play-offs against some small club from the country side. Simply amazing...

Yup! they lost last night 2-0, and the expression in their faces told everything you needed to know about the team's present. Imagine Bayern Munich in 2.Bundesliga!

I think the debacle for River Plate began when they got crushed by San Martín in Copa Libertadores a couple of years ago. San Martín, a "small team" from Perú which is run very professionally though. After that a lot of Argie teams took notice, and lost that 'fear and respect' they used to have for the Argie giants.

After that, River Plate found themselves in grinders every week in Argie league, and their financial situation didn't help either. They shouldn't be struggling to sides like Belgrano and the like, but what can they do, when every team go into the game believing they can be had.

They will probably change the rules to keep them up.

Rangers and Celtic, were they ever relegated? I know Juventus and Atlético de Madrid were. In South America, Alianza Lima Embarassed Corinthians and Palmeiras went to division two.

Rangers and Celtic have never been relegated unfortunately, their referee friends would never allow it. Aberdeen have never been relegated either, no thanks to the refs though.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Yo Todo! how about Borges playing for Santos. They needed another goalscorer to beat Barça, and it looks like they got their man already.

First things first, they MUST retain Neymar, Ganso, Danilo, Elano. They SHOULD retain Alex Sandro and Arouca.

I can not wait to see Santos play Barça, Neymar vs Messi, Ganso and Elano vs Xavi and Iniesta. WHAT A GAME IT WOULD BE FFS! Whoop

Barça most definitely will have to be at their very best just to edge Santos. I'll put my money on Santos IF they keep their stars.
Puro

Post by Puro on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Anybody watching the historic River Plate's game of survival. WOW! the atmosphere in their stadium seems like it is a Copa Libertadores Final. Historic times indeed for such a big club. They must win by three goals to avoid going to division two.
Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Puro wrote:Anybody watching the historic River Plate's game of survival. WOW! the atmosphere in their stadium seems like it is a Copa Libertadores Final. Historic times indeed for such a big club. They must win by three goals to avoid going to division two.

I'am. Nice finish from Pavone for his goal. The stadium is bouncing, great atmosphere as you'd expect!

Watched a good bit of South American footy the past month and around 5 River Plate matches, if only they showed this urgency in the previous games they wouldn't be in this mess!

Last edited by El LoCo Craque on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:46 pm

Oh and River should have had a penalty!
Puro

Post by Puro on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:52 pm

El LoCo Craque wrote:Oh and River should have had a penalty!

Stonewall penalty at that, but I wonder if the ref didn't give'em the penalty after disallowing a Belgrano goal in the first two minutes of the game. It was a 50/50 call that obviously he wasn't gonna give to the visiting team or else. Biggrin
Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Haha indeed.

On a sidenote, you're boys Alianza Lima have been very good to me in the ol betting lately.up Here's hoping they keep it up Wink Ale
Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Ridiculous miss. Belgrano should be level.

edit - 1-1

Game over for River Plate surely
Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Fucking hell, River penalty saved lol!
Chocolate Thunder

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Incredible scenes. Match stopped like in the first leg. Ref blows up early. Belgrano players and staff being pelted by bottles and what not. River fans in tears and the Ultras going loco!

Anyway... River Plate are relegated.
Puro

Post by Puro on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:57 pm

El LoCo Craque wrote:Fucking hell, River penalty saved lol!

Shocked The tears of the River Plate fans turned into complete anger at the 45th minute. The anti-riot police moved in, water cannons were opened on the River fans whom at this point had lost it completely Shocked

INSANITY at River Plate's stadium, some fans crying like little kids and others going mental wanting to kill Shocked

Now the River Plate players understand that they're going to Division TWO FFS! and they too begin to cry Shocked

Now the fans who were initially contained by the anti-riot police with water cannons, give it a good go to invade the pitch and kick some ass! Whoop

WOW! Historic moments for River Plate FFS!
Puro

Post by Puro on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Some fans try to burn down El Monumental by lighting it up FFS! Shocked
Puro

Post by Puro on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Now the River Plates begin their walk of shame back to the dressing room shielded by around 100 personnel security while being met with all kind of shite thrown at them by their fans. Shocked I LOVE FOOTBALL!
Murray

Number of posts : 10210

Post by Murray on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:04 pm

River Plate have been sunk by Belgrano.

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 pm

i cannot fucking believe it, well i actually can they have been shit both on an off the field for years, but i am in shock, river are my favorite team in argentina.

well their will be a few decent players like lamela for the taking for clubs in europe.
Puro

Post by Puro on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Messiah wrote:i cannot fucking believe it, well i actually can they have been shit both on an off the field for years, but i am in shock, river are my favorite team in argentina.

well their will be a few decent players like lamela for the taking for clubs in europe.

I still can NOT believe that River Plate went down! Shocked

Twice Copa Libertadores Champions, One Intercontinental Cup, shite loads of Argentina Primera División titles, the team of...well just go to Wikipedia and see all their star players by decades. Shocked

This is Real Madrid getting relegated in Spain, Milan in Italy, Bayern in Germany, Manchester United in England, Marseille in France, Porto in Portugal, Ajax in Netherlands. SHOCK HORROR! The blow to the Argentinian league financially will be huge as well.

Oh by the way, at halftime in Copa Libertadores U-20 Final and it's Universitario de Deportes leading Boca Juniors 1-0. Biggrin <Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:02 am

Universitario de Deportes Whoop

Copa Libertadores U-20 Campeones 2011

PERU! PERU! PERU! FFS!

The Sleeping Giant begins to wake up!!!
Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
Supports : Man City
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 am

I cant believe they have gone down its incredible, god knows what the fans will do now, i bet the players will go into hiding. A historic day in Argentinan football
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:24 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Back on topic: Traditional South American sportsmanship after the Copa final... Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6P146xy40

I love it. Great final.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:29 am

Puro wrote:Yo Todo! how about Borges playing for Santos. They needed another goalscorer to beat Barça, and it looks like they got their man already.

First things first, they MUST retain Neymar, Ganso, Danilo, Elano. They SHOULD retain Alex Sandro and Arouca.

I can not wait to see Santos play Barça, Neymar vs Messi, Ganso and Elano vs Xavi and Iniesta. WHAT A GAME IT WOULD BE FFS! Whoop

Barça most definitely will have to be at their very best just to edge Santos. I'll put my money on Santos IF they keep their stars.

I don't think they will beat Barcelona. Santos is an average/good team with 2 craques. You take Neymar and Ganso out, they are nothing special. Barcelona's too good.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
I don't think they will beat Barcelona. Santos is an average/good team with 2 craques. You take Neymar and Ganso out, they are nothing special. Barcelona's too good.

We'll see, Todo!

These are some of the emerging Peruvian stars, Copa Libertadores U-20 champions 2011.
The first one is William Mimbela, the other is Alvaro Ampuero.

http://elcomercio.pe/deportes/822385/noticia-jugadores-u-dedicaron-titulo-hinchas-al-peru
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Penarol...sounds like something you get from the doctor to put up your ass!! I dont think Neymar is that special tbh, but Ganso is awesome.

Anyway, as for River Plate...its a shame, even though they are a bit of the jews from Argentina, its a loss for the league. Which quite frankly is ridiculous, they get relegated based on three seasons, what kind of system is that? Love the passion from the supporters though, I can totally understand it, will happen with us for sure if its gonna happen the upcommin years. Imagine Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Universitario de Deportes, FC Porto or Manchester United to get relegated!!

But the big question is, will they be on FIFA2012?
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:35 am

Peñarol has more history than Ajax.

Ganso. ok

Many Brazilians think he's better than Neymar.

Fey wrote:Penarol...sounds like something you get from the doctor to put up your ass!! I dont think Neymar is that special tbh, but Ganso is awesome.

Anyway, as for River Plate...its a shame, even though they are a bit of the jews from Argentina, its a loss for the league. Which quite frankly is ridiculous, they get relegated based on three seasons, what kind of system is that? Love the passion from the supporters though, I can totally understand it, will happen with us for sure if its gonna happen the upcommin years. Imagine Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Universitario de Deportes, FC Porto or Manchester United to get relegated!!

But the big question is, will they be on FIFA2012?
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:51 am

Not 'better', but different. But Brazil need Ganso more than they need Neymar.
Puro

Post by Puro on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Keep an eye on U de Chile. They lost their best player Eduardo Vargas last December to Napoli. However, my man Raúl Ruidíaz was signed to replace him this season.

Tough game for U de Chile in the fledgling season away in La Serena. Ruidíaz enters the game in the second half and single-handedly won the game for U de Chile. Within two minutes of entering the match he scored with a header from a great cross from Junior Fernándes (another very good player). Five minutes later the "Peruvian Messi" nutmegs a La Serena midfielder looks up and delivers a killer through ball with three toes for Fernándes to circle the goalie and calmly putting it away.

With time running out the great Inca Warrior breaks free on goal, but is cynically cut down in the box, stonewall PK.

What a debut! Them U de Chile fans were worried about "who's gonna replace Eduardo Vargas?". Now Ruidíaz may be even better than the Napoli player. WHAT A PLAYER! WHAT A SUPERB START! <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Puro,

The torture will begin again for us Corintianos. Alright, I'm ready for another one.

What's your group prediction for the second round?
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:Puro,

The torture will begin again for us Corintianos. Alright, I'm ready for another one.

What's your group prediction for the second round?

Hola Todo! How's the feeling for Corinthians for this CL? How's my man Ramírez doing for the club?

My Predictions:
1) Santos and Internacional
2) Flamengo and Lanús
3) U. Católica and Junior
4) Boca and Fluminense
5) Vasco and Nacional (Libertad will be a tough out though)
6) Corinthians and Cruz Azul
7) Vélez and Dep. Quito (Guadalajara are struggling now)
Cool U. de Chile and Peñarol (Atlético Nacional will be another tough out)
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:20 pm

We won the national league with an efficient team that plays boring football, winning games mostly by 1 goal difference. Corinthians have a good defence and a very strong defensive midfield, and a creativeless attack. The typical game: tough marking, then we find 1 goal, then we mark and mark and mark and win the game.

It hasn't changed. It's basically the same team.

Ramirez is excelent and the supporters like him, but he's still a reserve, cause our midfield is very well formed already. Do you consider him a defensive or attacking midfielder? He plays in both positions here.

Adriano is being considered a horrible signing. In 1 year, he played only 4 games and scored 1 goal. The thing is: he scored THE GOAL of the national title. Without his goal, we could have lost the league.

I think we depend on him. If he decides to take things seriously, he can make the difference alongside Liedson.

The bad news are all the tickets for the 3 group stage games are sold out and I haven't bought mine, so I'll have to watch on TV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 am