COPA LIBERTADORES!

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: COPA LIBERTADORES!

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:
Puro wrote:Ooooh SHITE! The day of truth has arrived for Atlético Mineiro and fans. The most important game in the entire history of Brasil's 'Newcastle' is tonight. I'm so looking forward to the spectacle, the inevitable shedding of tears by my man Sheva - you know it's gonna end in tears, don't you!

The Mineirão is gonna be bursting hours before kick-off with Brazilian Magpies, FFS! They're gonna belt out their national anthem too just like Brasil - España. What a sight.

Yes, Sheva, we know there are corrupt fuckos all over our lands, but I know you know that a CL Final must be played in a stadium with a capacity of 40 thousand, minimum. Those are the rules.

What a day, mes amis! At 12:30pm lunch time, I watch Bayern-Barça, then at 7pm it's USA vs. Honduras. Then the big game in CL and then I catch the second half of México vs. Panamá.

Here's looking forward to the crying-like-a-bitch night for my man Sheva! Oh you know it's gonna end in tears.  Biggrin <Ale> 

Atlético's president said Defensores del Chaco has a capacity of less than 40 thousand.
Last year, Corinthians played the final in Pacaembu, which has a capacity of 38 thousand.
Conmebol is a mess.

Exactly. Don't be naive, Puro. Conmebol did that because they get a percentage from the ticket revenue.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 pm

@ Todo

I'm not that confident that we will win the title. They will park the bus and a things need to go our way...Jo didn't score in the last 8 matches, it's been almost two months since the last time Ronaldinho played well (since he wasn't called up for the Confed Cup), we're not scoring from set pieces anymore. In fact, we didn't play well since we spanked Cruzeiro in the state final and São Paulo in the Round of 16.

@ Puro

Puro, mate, you took too seriously that comparision that I made between us and Newcastle, but you're right...The night we will end in tears.
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:@ Todo

I'm not that confident that we will win the title. They will park the bus and a things need to go our way...Jo didn't score in the last 8 matches, it's been almost two months since the last time Ronaldinho played well (since he wasn't called up for the Confed Cup), we're not scoring from set pieces anymore. In fact, we didn't play well since we spanked Cruzeiro in the state final and São Paulo in the Round of 16.

@ Puro

Puro, mate, you took too seriously that comparision that I made between us and Newcastle, but you're right...The night we will end in tears.

Sheva,

Good luck. I know your feeling, and you know that I know (being a Corinthians supporter since the 80s).

If you lose, think about the good side: you'll still support a charming club that has a passionate fanbase despite decades of suffering. That's just beautiful. If you win, you'll begin to see lots of Atlético supporters that look and think like Cruzeiro supporters, that is, glory hunters who don't love the club, they just care about winning and taking the piss off their rivals, only care about final, decisive games, are always complaining, etc. That's the bad side of supporting a winning team.

Last edited by Mongrel Hawk on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Sheva, IF you are the champs tonight, then you have beaten the corrupt fucko Nicolás Leoz who was forced to resign - his utter corruption caught up to him and he was defenseless.

However, his parting shot was having a Paraguayan team or an Argie team winning the CL, you do know that his mate is Grondona. The new CONMEBOL pres Figueiredo is simply his puppet.

Do you remember when Wilmar Roldán was selected the 'ref' in that crucial Corinthians vs. Boca deciding game? The red flags of alarm went up, Corinthians were highly suspicious of the corrupt Colombian 'ref' and CONMEBOL heeded their call and gave them Amarilla.lol! Arguably the most corrupt 'ref' in Leoz's regime. Remember this night to forget? Two legitimate goals disallowed and TWO stone wall penalties not given to Corinthians.

Now, Leoz-Figueiredo have selected Wilmar Roldán again and Atlético haven't complained after we all saw what Corinthians got!lol! 

Atlético are taking their chances with Roldán but the Colombian just like Amarilla is there to make sure the Brasil team do not win. TFS!

IF you win tonight, you will have beaten corrupt Leoz, the Argie corrupt Grondona and the corrupt CONMEBOL! I KNOW Leoz and Grondona since back in the days when they back stabbed Inca Warrior Teófilo Salinas to usurp CONMEBOL. Oh that's how Leoz, Grondona, and Figueiredo got in, through deception, lies, chicanery and back stabbing. TFS!

Good luck tonight!<Ale> 

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Puro, the handball penalty is missing in this video.

The second penalty, though, I just don't think it was a penalty. Emerson is a big time diver, I know him. He felt the hand behind him and fell.

But it doesn't matter, this game was a big robbbery. Hope Atlético won't suffer something similar to this tonight.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:43 am

FFS! Debbie. Shocked 

The stadium EXPLODED when Atlético entered the arena. WOW!
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:49 am

Ronaldinho is super fired up!Whoop 
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:20 am

Sheva, I can't watch. What a Face 
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:04 am

Ooooh 1-0.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:36 am

Oh Ronaldinhooooooooooooooo:hurray: 

WHAT DRAMA FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!!!!Whoop Whoop Whoop 
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 am

Once again the stadium was bawling big time a lot of people were inconsolable; tick tick tick time was almost up, the dream was almost over - people on their knees bawling and praying and with less than TWO minutes left in regulation Atlético scored the tying goal.Shocked 

The Mineirão EXPLODED!...no hype.

We go to extra time. PHEW!
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:37 am

Told you it was gonna end in tears. Cuca crying like a bitch!lol! lol! lol! 

Atlético Mineiro...Copa Libertadores 2013

Campeón!Shocked 

Congrats Sheva!!! I KNOW you are crying like a bitch!!! Tears of pure joy Biggrin <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:54 am

@Sheva

Congratulations, Sheva!

Now let's beat the crap out of the Teutons! Yes, you can! Ale 

@Puro

Here are 2 supporters of 2 big Brazilian clubs that were laughing stocks of Brazilian football because never had won Libertadores/big titles, 2 huge Brazilian Newcastles that made history in the last 12 months.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:13 am

Mongrel Hawk wrote:@Sheva

Congratulations, Sheva!

Now let's beat the crap out of the Teutons! Yes, you can! Ale 

@Puro

Here are 2 supporters of 2 big Brazilian clubs that were laughing stocks of Brazilian football because never had won Libertadores/big titles, 2 huge Brazilian Newcastles that made history in the last 12 months.

Corinthians were never a 'Newcastle' in my books, but Atlético Mineiro definitely were until tonight.

The only Brasil team from the so called 'big 12' that have not won the CL are Fluminense and Botafogo although Flu have been finalists.

Look at Ronaldinho huggin the CL trophy and kissing his medal.Shocked 

Not only Ronaldinho has won almost everything, his teams have won because of HIM:

World Cup

Copa América

Confederations Cup

Copa Libertadores

Champions League

His heart was destroyed when he lost the Club World Cup with Barça against his childhood's team's arch rival -Internacional- (remember?)...he has another chance to win it now against the Bavarians. Atlético Mineiro vs. Bayern. FUCK YEAH!!!

He also won La Liga (Barcelona), Serie A (Milan)

What a career!<Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

Last edited by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:24 am

dinho you beauty, when its all said and done you will get the full respect you deserve.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:26 am

Panamá just beat México and will play the USA in the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final.

Our "B" team beat that same Panamá in their own house back in June and Panamá may go to the 2014 WC. It's a damn shame CONMEBOL are only allowed 5 teams to the World Cup.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:31 am

that was Mexico's b team though
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:41 am

messiah wrote:that was Mexico's b team though

That's correct. However, México is one of those countries whose "A" team ain't got much on their "B" team. Mexico don't have game breakers or stars; they work as a team.

On the other hand, teams like Perú have game breakers or stars like Guerrero, Farfán and there's a severe drop-off when they don't play. Our "B" team doesn't suck, but they can not 'touch' the "A" team.

And lastly there are countries like Brasil, Argentina, España who are stacked, loaded with talented players and can field two really strong teams easily.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:03 am

:'(
Antarion

Number of posts : 3374
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:01 am

Panama at the world cup would be great.

Oh and congrats Sheva and all Mineiro supporters. Great to turn around games like this. <Ale> 
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:14 am

So basically Newcastle is the only Newcastle left in the world? Anyway grats Sheva I remember our comeback in 1999 against the Germans from Munich. It was fantastic.
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:16 am

Congrats Sheva Ale

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 am

It's 6 am and I've just arrived at home. You can't belive in the atmosphere at the stadium. You can't believe in the atmosphere in the streets.

I will try to sleep now because I've to wake up in a few hours to go to work, but I will tell you more in a few hours.

Yes, Puro, you were right. There were tears in my eyes. Unforgettable.

Thank you all for your support.

Yes, we C.A.M.!

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Congrats <Ale> 
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:29 pm

@Puro

Corinthians were a Newcastle until the 90s. Our first national title ever was in 1990 (my first great emotion as a Corinthians supporter).

The difference is Corinthians always had a huge fanbase, second in Brazil (after Flamengo's) even in the dark decades without titles.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Fey wrote:So basically Newcastle is the only Newcastle left in the world? Anyway grats Sheva I remember our comeback in 1999 against the Germans from Munich. It was fantastic.

I think Newcastle will be a Newcastle a long time unfortunately.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:It's 6 am and I've just arrived at home. You can't belive in the atmosphere at the stadium. You can't believe in the atmosphere in the streets.

I will try to sleep now because I've to wake up in a few hours to go to work, but I will tell you more in a few hours.

Yes, Puro, you were right. There were tears in my eyes. Unforgettable.

Thank you all for your support.

Yes, we C.A.M.!

My team (Alianza Lima) never won the Copa Libertadores, reached semifinals and that was it. The CL is very unique.

Your game was beyond dramatic, all the tears in the stadium as time was almost up. Near the end, you had a free kick and Ronaldinho was gonna take it. It felt like the entire stadium was praying - so many people crying, pleading so that he could score. He didn't but how he hustled to win this CL; did you see how much Ronaldinho ran?

And then the tying goal at the end.Shocked 

Then you know what happened in extra time, all the crossbars and spectacular saves, Bernard all cramped up (there were no more substitutions) and Ronaldinho telling him "run with one leg DAMN IT".

Ronaldinho was not going to be denied, oh how much he wanted the Copa Libertadores.cheers 

Winning it must be one of the best feelings in the world, ain't that right Todo!<Ale> <Ale> <Ale> 
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Mongrel Hawk wrote:@Puro

Corinthians were a Newcastle until the 90s. Our first national title ever was in 1990 (my first great emotion as a Corinthians supporter).

The difference is Corinthians always had a huge fanbase, second in Brazil (after Flamengo's) even in the dark decades without titles.

Yeah alright, you stopped being 'Newcastle' in 1990. In my opinion, a 'big club' is a 'Newcastle' when they haven't won the league title or the CL (America or Europe) in twenty years.

Atlético were a 'Newcastle' until last night; no league titles since 1971 DANG!Shocked  However, the CL won last night immediately lessens all their misfortunes.

Speaking of 'Newcastles', Tottenham and Aston Villa haven't won in ages two. Are they not considered 'big clubs' in England?scratch 
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Puro wrote:

Speaking of 'Newcastles', Tottenham and Aston Villa haven't won in ages two. Are they not considered 'big clubs' in England?scratch 

Nah, not really.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Puro wrote:
Mongrel Hawk wrote:@Puro

Yeah alright, you stopped being 'Newcastle' in 1990. In my opinion, a 'big club' is a 'Newcastle' when they haven't won the league title or the CL (America or Europe) in twenty years.

Atlético were a 'Newcastle' until last night; no league titles since 1971 DANG!Shocked  However, the CL won last night immediately lessens all their misfortunes.

How about 23 years without a single title, not even a São Paulo State Championship title?

It happened to Corinthians between 1955 and 1977, when we won the São Paulo State title against Ponte Preta in front of 137,000 Corintianos in Morumbi (record attendance of the stadium).

My father was born exactly in 1955. That means he was 23 when he saw his club win their first State title. At least Sheva saw his team lifting the Minas Gerais State trophy a few times. Hehe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:36 pm