COPA LIBERTADORES!

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: COPA LIBERTADORES!

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 am

Mano Menezes selected the squad for Libertadores.

1 - Felipe (goleiro)
2 - Alessandro
3 - Chicão
4 - William
5 - Ralf
6 - Roberto Carlos
7 - Elias

8 - Tcheco
9 - Ronaldo
10 - Danilo
11 - Iarley

12 - Rafael Santos (goleiro)
13 - Paulo André
14 - Leandro Castan
15 - Marcelo Mattos
16 - Dodô
17 - Dentinho
18 - Jucilei
19 - Souza
20 - Defederico
21 - Morais
22 - Júlio César (goleiro)
23 - Jorge Henrique
24 - Moacir
25 - Edu

The players in blue should form the A team.

I can already feel the atmosphere of Wednesday's game against Uruguay's Racing in the streets, at work, in the city as a whole. It's our centenary. Winning it would set this city on fire. I really want to see the chaos and dive in it.
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 am

"Poderoso Laugh (when?) Timão" absolutely determined to win Copa Libertadores. It is CL NOW or bust. Ain't that right Todo!

What a football day tomorrow! check it out Todo.

12:30pm Fiorentina-Milan Whoop
2:45pm Inter-Chelsea Shocked
4:30pm Cruzeiro-Colo Colo <Ale>
After Cruzeiro's match then I catch the second half between Aurich-Bolivar cheers
Then I catch the second half of Flamengo- U. Católica <Ale>
Then it's on to the second half between Corinthians-Racing just to see how Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and company are doing in case they get to face my boys Alianza "we killed Estudiantes" Lima. Biggrin <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 am

that's right, Puro. Corinthians are determined to win it. it's our centenary, we got Ronaldo. anything but the title will be seen as failure.
Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Barrilete on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:11 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:Mano Menezes selected the squad for Libertadores.

1 - Felipe (goleiro)
2 - Alessandro
3 - Chicão
4 - William
5 - Ralf
6 - Roberto Carlos
7 - Elias

8 - Tcheco
9 - Ronaldo
10 - Danilo
11 - Iarley

12 - Rafael Santos (goleiro)
13 - Paulo André
14 - Leandro Castan
15 - Marcelo Mattos
16 - Dodô
17 - Dentinho
18 - Jucilei
19 - Souza
20 - Defederico
21 - Morais
22 - Júlio César (goleiro)
23 - Jorge Henrique
24 - Moacir
25 - Edu

The players in blue should form the A team.

I can already feel the atmosphere of Wednesday's game against Uruguay's Racing in the streets, at work, in the city as a whole. It's our centenary. Winning it would set this city on fire. I really want to see the chaos and dive in it.

cheers..............Laughing
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am

but Iarley didn't play...

the goals + 2 Ronaldo tricks:

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:53 pm

after 3 rounds, group A stands like this:

corinthians 7
racing (uru) 4
independiente (col) 3
cerro porteño (par) 1

Corinthians played 3 consecutive away games, 2 for Libertadores and 1 for São Paulo State League, when R Carlos scored his first this season, a rocket the keeper hardly saw until it hit the net.

independiente 1 - 1 corinthians (at the altitude of bogotá), dentinho's beautiful goal:

in the weekend, ronaldo and r carlos lead the team to a 2-1 away victory against santo andré:

then in paraguay, ronaldo scores against cerro porteño, 1-0:

Puro

Post by Puro on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:42 am

Roberto Guizasola #19, plays for Aurich (red jersey), keep an eye on him. He's a right fullback, and Estudiantes coach Sabella wants him now. Guizasola may go to Europe soon.

Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:22 am

WOW! what a show by San Martín FFS! Shocked

Mes Amis, the Peruvian league is showing signs of a revival, maybe the sleeping giant has decided to wake up?

The signs are there: Alianza Lima annihilating CL defending champs Estudiantes, several Peruvian players abroad having very good seasons, the young ones playing still in Perú may be even better. Shocked

There are FIVE very good teams in the league:
1) Universitario - the defending champs, disregard their position in the league table for now because they're fully focused in the CL where they're tied for first at the moment. They've got a very good coach in Peruvian Juan Reynoso who has revolutionized Peruvian football, kind of.

2) Alianza Lima - the Capo di Tutti Capi of Peruvian football, restored honour to the Peruvian league when Aurich got destroyed by Argie Estudiantes. Also disregard their standing in the table for they're going all out in CL where they're taking the tourney by storm. Coached by Argie Gustavo Costas who previously coached Argie Racing Club and Paraguay's big clubs Cerro Porteño and Olimpia.

3) Aurich - the new kid on the block, and also playing CL with Perú's most popular clubs. Coached by Colombian Luis Fernando Suarez, the one who took Ecuador to last World Cup. Aurich have talented players that will be sold to European teams soon.

4) Sporting Cristal - the most "professional" team in Perú. Always challenging for the league title. Coached by Victor Rivera (champion with San Martín two years in a row) and a serious contender to win the league again.

5) San Martín - the no nonsense, goal oriented club. Took a step back last season after winning the title the previous two seasons. They've got a new coach, Uruguayan Aníbal Ruíz, the one who took Paraguay to the last World Cup.

There's also UCV and León, but I don't think they have as big squads as the teams already mentioned.

What an exciting 2010 in the league. Copa Libertadores will be, as always, the acid test for Alianza Lima, Universitario and Aurich.

I could give you a list of players from these teams who may be playing in Europe very soon, the next Vargas, Pizarro, Farfán, Guerrero, Acasiete, Rodríguez...but perhaps you don't give a fuck. And, that's cool too. Saves me my precious time.
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 am

Yo Barrilete! Cristina Fernández has taken a very important step to heal the wounds of betrayal and backstabbing which were caused by Saúl Menem and his government. She said that her visit to Perú “es de desagravio institucional y de reparación histórica después de transcurridos 16 años cuando el gobierno argentino de Saúl Menem vendiera armas a Ecuador en pleno conflicto del Cenepa".

You have to understand that the government of Perú KNEW what we were exposing ourselves against when we decided to help you, the brother in need, in your war to recover your stolen island. We didn't care that we were up against the greatest military power in history. We KNEW that war was against the USA as well, American weapons throughout, and the wrath of the USA. However, our allegiance was with you, to help you in any way we could militarily.

We were INDIGNADOS and REALLY PISSED OFF to tell you the truth when your man Menem stabbed us in the back soon after the war for the Malvinas came to its temporary end.

We appreciate Cristina Fernández for personally apologizing in the name of your country, to close that chapter, and to return to the good relations our countries have had for the most part. Especially nowadays when both our countries's economies are growing tremendously, and mutual cooperation will be of great benefit to both Perú and Argentina. <Ale>

Still we are gonna try to whoop your ass EVERYTIME we play football even though you have them refs with you. Biggrin <Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:00 am

Mes Amis! I'd like to share something with you that I'm sure you will find (the football fans for sure) very very interesting.

There's a developing situation happening in Copa Libertadores. The defending champions Estudiantes are in big trouble of getting KO in the group stage by Peru's Alianza Lima and Aurich.

Here's the fun part, CONMEBOL put the two Inca clubs in the same group thinking that they were gonna KO each other leaving the path clear for Estudiantes. The plan backfired and it is Estudiantes who are in danger of being eliminated. Estudiantes are even better this season, they re-inforced their team with players coming back from European teams.

There's this crucial match coming up Tuesday March 30th 9:30pm my time (probably 1:30am Paris time Wednesday March 31st) between Aurich vs Estudiantes. Them Argies MUST NOT LOSE.

Here's where the corrupt CONMEBOL already started playing this do or die match. They've selected Paraguayan Carlos Amarilla. lol!

This 'REF' is the most unscrupulous of them all. I could write dozens of very important matches in South America where he's royally fucked a team and benefited the 'designated' CONMEBOL team at the time. This guy fucked Togo up big time in WC 2006 when they played Blatter's Switzerland by not calling TWO STONEWALL PK's for the Togolese. I'm sure CONMEBOL's top mafioso Nicolas Léoz told Blatter "I've got everything covered for you my friend". Biggrin

Anyway, back to the Aurich-Estudiantes match. They ain't fooling anybody anymore. WE ALL KNOW that Amarilla will call EVERYTHING for the Argies giving them at least a two goal handicap plus tons of yellow cards for Aurich players conditioning the match from the get go.

It won't matter because Aurich will DESTROY the Argies along with Amarilla. Whoop

BIG BIG GAME IN CL FFS!

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/452148/cuidadociclon-carlos-amarilla-arbitro-partido-entre-juan-aurich-estudiantes-plata
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:27 pm

I can't believe the day has arrived! Shocked

Sure there's that very good Bayern-Mancs fight in Euro CL, BUT the BIG GAME in South America CL is Aurich-Estudiantes. The biggest game in the history of Aurich, packed stadium, the whole country behind them.

Oh, CONMEBOL's making sure the business won't go bust and have sent their 'ref' Amarilla to take care of Estudiantes. It won't matter, Aurich MUST come out to KILL just like Alianza Lima annihilated them Estudiantes. FFS! Whoop
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:11 pm

That was a very good match between Bayern-Mancs. Yes sir!
I invite you all to witness an INSANE game which kicks off in about four hours. It's gonna be brutal for Estudiantes. Sweet revenge for Aurich, biased ref or what not. Aurich for the humiliating win over Estudiantes FFS! Whoop
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Good luck, bit too late for me.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:17 am

De Guzman wrote:Good luck, bit too late for me.

Roughly two hours 'til kickoff. It's too bad this game is a bit late for Europe. It's gonna be a cracker, lots and lots of passion will be on display tonight. Whoop
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 am

Aurich 0-2 Estudiantes Laughing
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 am

kas wrote:Aurich 0-2 Estudiantes Laughing

lol! I know Kas! Have you ever seen a game where the team is so fired up, so revved up, that it is counter-productive? That was Aurich tonight! They had too many RPM's in their engine, never found the right rhythm in this game. Their lack of experience showed big time. They didn't choke, they came to play, but they were TOO fired up for their own good. You have got to be balanced.

Estudiantes on the other hand, the seasoned team, played very well. In fact, they are better, stronger, than when they were one minute away from beating Barcelona in the Club World Cup Final.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm

FFS! Them corrupt fuckos!! Did Estudiantes cheat again Puro? Look what they did when we played them a while ago!!

Biggrin <Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:42 am

Big game in Argentina. My boys from Universitario got the job done KOing them Argies of Lanús in their own house (Lanús neede to win and failed), the Argies started acting like little bitches when they couldn't even tickle Universitario. So they proceeded to kick my boys until the end of the game, and then they all started to dance for real after the final whistle. c**ts! always acting like little bitches when they get KO.

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Hey, Puro. Have a look at this simulator. Make your prediction and see how things will be.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/0,,GEH1497-9851,00.html

You know, Corinthians will obviously beat Independiente-Col at home and will finish 1st among all groups, which means we play the second game at home till the end. I've made my last round predictions and this is how things will be:

Corinthians - Universitario (Per)

São Paulo - Flamengo

Estudiantes - San Luis (Mex)

Vélez - Guadalajara

Libertad (Par) - Once Caldas (Col)

Univ. Chile - Banfield (Arg)

Nacional (Uru) - Cruzeiro

Internacional - Alianza Lima

however, I'm supposing Flamengo will beat Caracas in Rio with a goal difference larger than 1 (2-0 or 3-1). If they beat Caracas 1-0, Corinthians will meet Flamengo, Ronaldo will meet Adriano, the 2 biggest fanbases in South America will meet. I hope not. I hope we'll meet Universitario from Peru, cause then we'll be already in the quarters. ok
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:23 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:Hey, Puro. Have a look at this simulator. Make your prediction and see how things will be.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/0,,GEH1497-9851,00.html

You know, Corinthians will obviously beat Independiente-Col at home and will finish 1st among all groups, which means we play the second game at home till the end. I've made my last round predictions and this is how things will be:

Corinthians - Universitario (Per)

São Paulo - Flamengo

Estudiantes - San Luis (Mex)

Vélez - Guadalajara

Libertad (Par) - Once Caldas (Col)

Univ. Chile - Banfield (Arg)

Nacional (Uru) - Cruzeiro

Internacional - Alianza Lima

however, I'm supposing Flamengo will beat Caracas in Rio with a goal difference larger than 1 (2-0 or 3-1). If they beat Caracas 1-0, Corinthians will meet Flamengo, Ronaldo will meet Adriano, the 2 biggest fanbases in South America will meet. I hope not. I hope we'll meet Universitario from Peru, cause then we'll be already in the quarters. ok

Sup Todo! CL is getting good eh! cheers

I like your mentality about Universitario. Them Lanús thought like you, and they were KO in their own house, and then they lost it because you know when there's nothing else to lose, you lose it like Lanús. lol!

Trust me on this one, Universitario will be hoping they get Corinthians, the uglier the bitch, uglier with an attitute the better, much better for my boys.

I see a fight coming up with Corinthians too just like when Perú were beating Brasil with Pelé, Rivenlino, Jairzinho in Maracaná 0-2 in the first 10m of the game, and then your boys lost it, dirtied the game with flagrant fouls and the ref began to call everything for your boys. Biggrin

Bring it on Todo, Universitario-Corinthians, let's do it. <Ale>

By the way, Inca Warrior, Universitario goalie Raúl "Superman" Fernández said that them Argies are "all talk and soft". Biggrin <Ale>

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/462220/raul-fernandez-bronca-lanus-argentinos-son-flojos-pura-boquilla
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Here's that clip when your future 1970 world champs were getting their asses handed to them by Perú in Maracaná a few weeks before the 1970 world cup, and lost it completely. They kicked everything moving and the ref said play on. Biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMDxdOPo1I
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Puro, I don't give a damn if Peru deserved to beat Brazil. I'm a Corintiano, we're a nation with 25 million people inside Brazil. Got it? I'd trade 10 WCs won by Brazil for one single Libertadores for Corinthians.

And don't fool yourself, Lanús is a small team, Corinthians is huge. Right, we never won Libertadores, but Corinthianism is something which goes far beyond winning titles. And it's our centenary, and Corinthians suffering fans are thirsty for Libertadores. We're drooling for it like mad wolves that have been fasting for 100 years. You have no idea what you Incas will get in São Paulo. Ale

By the way, I'm curious to know your predictions of the last 16.

Liverpool wrote:
Sup Todo! CL is getting good eh! cheers

I like your mentality about Universitario. Them Lanús thought like you, and they were KO in their own house, and then they lost it because you know when there's nothing else to lose, you lose it like Lanús. lol!

Trust me on this one, Universitario will be hoping they get Corinthians, the uglier the bitch, uglier with an attitute the better, much better for my boys.

I see a fight coming up with Corinthians too just like when Perú were beating Brasil with Pelé, Rivenlino, Jairzinho in Maracaná 0-2 in the first 10m of the game, and then your boys lost it, dirtied the game with flagrant fouls and the ref began to call everything for your boys. Biggrin

Bring it on Todo, Universitario-Corinthians, let's do it. <Ale>

By the way, Inca Warrior, Universitario goalie Raúl "Superman" Fernández said that them Argies are "all talk and soft". Biggrin <Ale>

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/462220/raul-fernandez-bronca-lanus-argentinos-son-flojos-pura-boquilla
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I hear you Todo! I KNOW it's "now or never" for Corinthians, and I know how obsessed your club is to finally win it and reach the glory. Universitario aren't gonna be an easy out, and quite capable of the KO, IF they play Corinthians.

I'll let you know the 1/8 Finals predictions when they're all settled. Oh it's on now! cheers
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Todo, I did the CL simulator, and these are the potential KO stage matches it threw up.

Corinthians - Universitario cheers kill the Corinthians dream! Biggrin
São Paulo - Flamengo Shocked
Estudiantes - San Luis The defending champs continue
Vélez - Guadalajara Huge fight
Libertad - Once Caldas Borefest between two park the bus teams
U. de Chile - Banfield More fisticuffs between Chileans and Argies
Nacional - Cruzeiro More bar room fights between Charruas and Brasucas
Internacional - Alianza Lima cheers Alianza Lima is the Fiorentina of the CL.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:10 pm

you got the same as mine. now I'll tell tou who will go on:

Liverpool wrote:Todo, I did the CL simulator, and these are the potential KO stage matches it threw up.

Corinthians - Universitario cheers kill the Corinthians dream! Biggrin
São Paulo - Flamengo Shocked
Estudiantes - San Luis The defending champs continue
Vélez - Guadalajara Huge fight
Libertad - Once Caldas Borefest between two park the bus teams
U. de Chile - Banfield More fisticuffs between Chileans and Argies
Nacional - Cruzeiro More bar room fights between Charruas and Brasucas
Internacional - Alianza Lima cheers Alianza Lima is the Fiorentina of the CL.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Got it, Todo! just remember this, Universitario has a much richer CL history than Corinthians, la "U" nearly won the whole thing back in the mid 70's when they narrowly lost to the great Independiente of that era.

IF Universitario meets Corinthians, be careful. Just saying. <Ale>
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Liverpool wrote:Got it, Todo! just remember this, Universitario has a much richer CL history than Corinthians, la "U" nearly won the whole thing back in the mid 70's when they narrowly lost to the great Independiente of that era.

IF Universitario meets Corinthians, be careful. Just saying. <Ale>

yeh, Libertadores games are always hard.

the problem with Brazilian teams at Libertadores is that there are too many big teams here, so it's difficult to get there. River and Boca played more than 30 Libertadores each. the Brazilian team that played more is São Paulo: 15. Corinthians and Flamengo played less than 10.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:02 am

According to a poll at Argentina's Fox Sports, Alianza Lima are considered the team to beat in this year's CL. I KNEW the can of whoop ass that Alianza Lima delivered to Estudiantes was gonna scare some Argies, but I didn't think they thought Alianza Lima were all of a sudden 'favorites'. scratch

Yo Todo, your Corinthians are considered as the other favorites. The poll is at bottom right.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fse/
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 pm

In one hour it's Estudiantes - Alianza Lima Whoop

What a nice tuesday for football FFS! Biggrin <Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Estudiantes were given a PK in the 5th minute of stoppage time (although 3m were originally shown by the 4th official) Biggrin shades of Mancs-Citeh "we play until we score".

The draw was the fair score, but Estudiantes had to win to top the group, and they got their usual "push" by the ref. YAAAAAAAAWWNNNNNNN! Sleep

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 am