COPA LIBERTADORES!

Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: COPA LIBERTADORES!

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:58 am

Alright Todo, the stage is set:

Corinthians - Flamengo (the two most popular teams in Brasil go toe to toe during Todo Poderoso Timão's "NOW OR NEVER" season) lol! cheers

São Paulo - Universitario ( Shocked Real Madrid - Lyon anyone? Whoop )

Estudiantes - San Luis (Estudiantes through to the 1/4 finals)

Vélez Sarsfield - Guadalajara (no love lost here! Shocked )

Libertad - Once Caldas (park-the-bus teams Sleep )

Internacional - Banfield (Very interesting to see that Inter avoided playing my boys from Alianza Lima, they needed to win 3-0 to avoid them and they went for it hard in the last 10m of their game against Dep. Quito FFS!Shocked )

Nacional - Cruzeiro (great matchup Uruguay-Brasil)

Univ. de Chile - Alianza Lima (cheers Perú - Chile, ARRIBA ALIANZA FFS! Whoop )

So it's 5 teams from Brasil, 3 Argentina, 2 Perú, México, and 1 each from Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, and Colombia. Any comments about the ties, Todo?
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:13 am

Yeh, Puro, here we go.

Corinthians - Flamengo

Univ. de Chile - Alianza Lima

As always, we had no luck in Libertadores, while São Paulo had. On the other hand, the team that comes out of this war will get stronger and feel in their guts they should be champions, which is excelent. And then will play one of the 2 best dark horses up to now.

São Paulo - Universitario

Nacional - Cruzeiro

São Paulo and Cruzeiro may go through. I don't think any of them will win the cup though. I'd rather face any of them than Flamengo.

Estudiantes - San Luis

Internacional - Banfield

Estudiantes and any of the other 2 go through.

Vélez Sarsfield - Guadalajara

Libertad - Once Caldas

Vélez and Once Caldas go through.

The Corinthians - Flamengo battle begins next week, in Maracanã. Both teams have been playing badly, but both have got the potential to increase a lot their strenght from now on and win it. Corinthians was 1st of all teams in group stages, but the victories came hard, not one single easy game. The fans aren't satisfied.

Favourites: Estudiantes, Vélez, Corinthians, Flamengo

Have good chances: the other Brazilians, Alianza Lima, La U, Once Caldas.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:28 am

mongrel hawk wrote:Yeh, Puro, here we go.

Corinthians - Flamengo

As always, we had no luck in Libertadores, while São Paulo had. On the other hand, the team that comes out of this war will get stronger and feel in their guts they should be champions, which is excelent. And then will play one of the 2 best dark horses up to now.

Nacional - Cruzeiro

São Paulo and Cruzeiro may go through. I don't think any of them will win the cup though. I'd rather face any of them than Flamengo.

Estudiantes - San Luis

Internacional - Banfield

Libertad - Once Caldas

The Corinthians - Flamengo battle begins next week, in Maracanã. Both teams have been playing badly, but both have got the potential to increase a lot their strenght from now on and win it. Corinthians was 1st of all teams in group stages, but the victories came hard, not one single easy game. The fans aren't satisfied.

That Corinthians-Flamengo will be an historic confrontation, FFS! I think Flamengo's richer CL history will tilt the tie in their favor.

Alianza Lima should make it past them Chileans in another very heated confrontation GODDAMN!

São Paulo have a big edge already over Universitario because they're gonna be missing two key starters because them Argie c**ts from Lanús cried like bitches and just wouldn't take their KO like men, big fight and TWO Universitario players red carded after the game was over.

Nacional should edge Cruzeiro in another tight contest.

Estudiantes are already in the quarterfinals.

Colorado should take care of Banfield.

Guadalajara may be a bit too strong for Vélez, but it's a very close tie.

Libertad are a very solid team, very hard to break down.

I like the potential Alianza Lima-Flamengo matchup, we match up way better against Flamengo than Corinthians.

Guadalajara may advance to the semifinal edging Libertad.

São Paulo-Nacional is a dream matchup with them Paulistas edging it just.

Estudiantes-Internacional in another dream matchup as well. The defending champs get all of Inter and then some, but survive.

Then...
Alianza Lima-Guadalajara FFS! My boys have gone this far, let's go all the way beating them Mexicans.

São Paulo-Estudiantes WOW! too close to call, but maybe the defending champs survive just!

Final:
Alianza Lima - Estudiantes
My boys deliver another can of whoop ass on them Argies in Lima, and this time aren't shafted by the ref in the return match in Argentina.

Alianza Lima shock the world becoming Copa Libertadores Champions!

Whoop
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Liverpool wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:Yeh, Puro, here we go.

Corinthians - Flamengo

Nacional - Cruzeiro

Estudiantes - San Luis

Internacional - Banfield

Libertad - Once Caldas

That Corinthians-Flamengo will be an historic confrontation, FFS! I think Flamengo's richer CL history will tilt the tie in their favor.

Alianza Lima should make it past them Chileans in another very heated confrontation GODDAMN!

São Paulo have a big edge already over Universitario because they're gonna be missing two key starters because them Argie c**ts from Lanús cried like bitches and just wouldn't take their KO like men, big fight and TWO Universitario players red carded after the game was over.

Nacional should edge Cruzeiro in another tight contest.

Estudiantes are already in the quarterfinals.

Colorado should take care of Banfield.

Guadalajara may be a bit too strong for Vélez, but it's a very close tie.

Libertad are a very solid team, very hard to break down.

I like the potential Alianza Lima-Flamengo matchup, we match up way better against Flamengo than Corinthians.

Guadalajara may advance to the semifinal edging Libertad.

São Paulo-Nacional is a dream matchup with them Paulistas edging it just.

Estudiantes-Internacional in another dream matchup as well. The defending champs get all of Inter and then some, but survive.

Then...
Alianza Lima-Guadalajara FFS! My boys have gone this far, let's go all the way beating them Mexicans.

São Paulo-Estudiantes WOW! too close to call, but maybe the defending champs survive just!

Final:
Alianza Lima - Estudiantes
My boys deliver another can of whoop ass on them Argies in Lima, and this time aren't shafted by the ref in the return match in Argentina.

Alianza Lima shock the world becoming Copa Libertadores Champions!

Whoop

Quarters

Corinthians - La U (After the war, Corinthians crash the Chileans)

Vélez - Once Caldas (Vélez go through easily)

São Paulo - Cruzeiro (the Pussies beat Cruzeiro)

Inter - Estudiantes (Estudiantes humiliate Inter)

Semis

Corinthians - São Paulo (Corinthians win both games)

Estudiantes - Vélez (Vélez win on pens)

Final

1 - 1 in Argentina. Corinthians 1 - 0 in São Paulo. and then we invade the streets and this city will never be the same again. ok
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:37 pm

@Puro

I've heard that if more than 2 teams from the same country reach the quarters they will have to face each other before the semis to avoid more than 2 from each country in the semis (it seems it's a new rule). Do you know anything about it?

thus, if Corinthians goes through, they will probably face Cruzeiro in the quarters, the best Brazilian against the worst.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:44 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:@Puro

I've heard that if more than 2 teams from the same country reach the quarters they will have to face each other before the semis to avoid more than 2 from each country in the semis (it seems it's a new rule). Do you know anything about it?

thus, if Corinthians goes through, they will probably face Cruzeiro in the quarters, the best Brazilian against the worst.

Me llamo Alberto. Yes, I also heard that if two teams from the same country reach the 1/4 final then they'd have to play against each other.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:@Puro

Me llamo Alberto. Yes, I also heard that if two teams from the same country reach the 1/4 final then they'd have to play against each other.

Now I've read this rule is only applied to Mex teams. To the others it will only be applied in the semis.

Vickery's:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2010/04/vickery_15.html
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Todo, how's the anticipation for the historic Flamengo-Corinthians coming along? In Perú it couldn't get any better with guaranteed sold-out stadiums. Alianza Lima will have their cauldron full to capacity (40 thousand + or -) when we host Universidad de Chile. People want the team to come out as angry as when we destroyed Estudiantes.

The other team, Universitario will play in front of 80 thousand plus when they host São Paulo. There's a problem though, CONMEBOL is making sure Universitario have no chance of the upset because their star goalie Raúl "Superman" Fernández and rock solid center back John Galliquio are suspended not one BUT TWO games because they stood their ground against the eliminated Argie bitches from Lanús. "How dare they defend themselves after getting attacked" the corrupt CONMEBOL said! BULLSHITE! we know CONMEBOL's going to bat for São Paulo already. We know how CL is, with the huge TV contracts and sponsors, ca$h flowing everywhere...

Universitario have summoned their fans to rally behind the club after such injustice once again by CONMEBOL giving that push to the so called "big teams", they now have a "it's us against the system" attitude beginning with their São Paulo clash.

There's no love lost in the Alianza Lima tie against the Chileans as you know.

Seeing that in recent years a team from Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul, and São Paulo have lost the CL Final, it is the turn of another team from São Paulo to lose it again. So will it be Corinthians or São Paulo?

Seeing that the conquerors of such teams had been alternating from either the Atlantic or the Pacific, this time it shall be another team from the Pacific. FFS! could it really be Alianza Lima! Perhaps it is already written in the stars.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Maracanã may be entirely crowded.

In 1976, 70,000 Corinthians fans watched Corinthains beat Fluminense on pens in Maracanã (Maracanã could hold 150,000 at the time, since it was mostly terraces), the so-called Invasão Corintiana. Gaviões da Fiel - Corinthians biggest fan firm - alone sent almost 1 thousand buses to Rio.

then, in 2000, a second, smaller invasion took place against Vasco for the 1st FIFA W Club Cup. 20,000 fans.

Now the firms expect to send between 5 and 10 thousand fans to Rio, but I don't know if all of them will be able to buy tickets.
Puro

Post by Puro on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:16 am

Is this hour correct? They say the Flamengo-Corinthians kick-off is at 11pm Rio time. That's an unusual time. The Universitario-São Paulo is right before so maybe they're trying to accomodate the most viewers considering there's a huge Latino community in the Pacific Time USA.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Alberto wrote:Is this hour correct? They say the Flamengo-Corinthians kick-off is at 11pm Rio time. That's an unusual time. The Universitario-São Paulo is right before so maybe they're trying to accomodate the most viewers considering there's a huge Latino community in the Pacific Time USA.

No, it's 21:50, Brasília's time zone (which includes Rio and São Paulo).
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:26 pm

(2:45p) Barcelona - Inter
(6:30p) Universitario - São Paulo
(8:50p) Flamengo - Corinthians

WOW! How about that Todo! Told you Guadalajara was gonna edge Vélez. They are a good team with the same 'dark horse' label as Alianza Lima / Universidad de Chile.

Is the deafening batucada guaranteed in front of a jam-packed Maracanã with fireworks and a super tribal atmosphere? Probably the only place that will be crazier/louder than Universitario's Monumental stadium, Barcelona's Camp Nou or Alianza Lima's Matute cauldron.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:04 am

Ooooh everything to play for in second leg. Did you see Universitario's game? São Paulo were shocked, and now they respect Universitario. I think they know that U can KO them in São Paulo.

I thought you were gonna beat Flamengo after they got a man sent off, but they still managed to win the game and keep the clean sheet at home.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 am

@Puro

I'm afraid the players are not bearing the pressure, and Ronaldo is maybe in his worst moment ever. I'm proud of Corinthians fans for many reasons, but they (we) are too stupid sometimes, that is, in Libertadores times. They (we) are too obsessed with it.

When we lose a Libertadores, it's always a disgrace.

In the first video, Corinthains lost to River at home in our last Libertadores, and 10 minutes befofe the game should end, the fans began to fight the police, some of them invaded the pitch to talk or complain to the players, or even do worse things. And I was there, in the terraces, with my girlfriend.

Luckily, we were behind the goal where things didn't get so bad. I didn't say anything, I just hugged her and watched that thing trying to figure out what the fuck was that, and listening to home-made bombs and police bombs exploding, a hell of a noise.

In the second video, Corinthians lost at home to Flamengo, Libertadores 1991. The night of the bottles, as it is known, cause the fans began to throw bottles on the pitch after invading it and ruining the game, as in 2006, before the game actually ended.

In the second part of this video, sad scenes of the outside of the stadium, with fans going/running out. And then a black fan appears crying like a babe cause he had lost sight of his 5-year-old fan in the middle of the riot. I was angered and ashamed of their (our) behaviour.

Will the fans have to stop putting so much pressure on the players for the team to finnaly win a Libertadores, or will the team have to win a Libertadores for the fans to stop putting so much pressure on the players in the next edition?

I saw those videos today, remembered the night I was there with my girl, how we were even sadder for what was happening after the game than for what had happened during the actual game, and for the first time, even being for a moment only, I thought they (we) do not deserve it.

Puro

Post by Puro on Wed May 05, 2010 4:15 am

Yes, that Corinthians-River Plate was an intense game. Did you know that Mourinho was at that game?

Corinthian fans should demand a CL title, or at least a Final showing. The team is too popular not to have a CL trophy.

Did you watch São Paulo-Universitario? São Paulo were the better team (it was like watching Barça-Inter all over again), but Universitario's fans will be proud that their team fought all game and did not lose to São Paulo. Too bad they couldn't beat them either.

Your game against Flamengo will be insane. I want to see crunching tackles and snot coming out of the players's faces. Fucking Copa Libertadores, it's really something else ain't it!

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Wed May 05, 2010 4:55 pm

Alberto wrote:Yes, that Corinthians-River Plate was an intense game. Did you know that Mourinho was at that game?

Corinthian fans should demand a CL title, or at least a Final showing. The team is too popular not to have a CL trophy.

Did you watch São Paulo-Universitario? São Paulo were the better team (it was like watching Barça-Inter all over again), but Universitario's fans will be proud that their team fought all game and did not lose to São Paulo. Too bad they couldn't beat them either.

Your game against Flamengo will be insane. I want to see crunching tackles and snot coming out of the players's faces. Fucking Copa Libertadores, it's really something else ain't it!

Translates to park the bus. I cheered for you anyway. Hope you have better luck next time.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed May 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
Alberto wrote:Yes, that Corinthians-River Plate was an intense game. Did you know that Mourinho was at that game?

Translates to park the bus. I cheered for you anyway. Hope you have better luck next time.

No doubt, they parked the bus, played pussy football just like Inter against Barça, but at least they had some shots on goal and made São Paulo sweat heavily.

Universitario missed two key players (suspended) their star goalie Raúl Fernández and their starting central defender Galliquio. Reynoso the coach thought that by parking the bus, playing with São Paulo's nerves, was their best chance to advance.

Also, Universitario did poorly in signing strikers, their achiles heel. They let go of Fano (top striker in Colombia with Once Caldas last year, and now top striker in México with Atlante), so signing a good forward to replace Fano is very important. Universitario are a work in progress and they should be back next season in CL. Problem is that the two best teams in Perú right now are San Martín and Sporting Cristal, and they seem to go all the way. So Universitario and Alianza Lima have their work cut out IF they want to return to CL.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu May 06, 2010 5:44 am

WOW! what an amazing game FFS! Tough tough tough tough tough tough tough elimination for Corinthians goddamn! Shocked

It was now or never, I know Todo, the team spent heavily to win it all in the 100th anniversary, signed Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, got everyone back except Rivelino and Sócrates to win it all. I saw old men praying at the Pacaembu in tears, and their prayers were almost answered with that Ronaldo header that hit the crossbar with one minute left in the game. Shocked

Oh Fuck! football is so cruel We may not hear from Todo in a while. Old farts were inconsolable at the Pacaembu, Corinthians players like Elias were crying me a river FFS!

Sorry that Flamengo acaba com o grande sohno do Todo Poderoso Timão no centenário FFS!

We may be out tomorrow too against that them good Universidad de Chile team. Now I know why they beat Flamengo to the group in group stages. Universidad de Chile are a very good team, but Alianza Lima we are going to leave everything on the field tomorrow.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm

it was a good game. we won, and the fans cheered the team in the end. we're learning. if we keep our coach, we may win the league.

tonight, I'll see those Inter c**ts lose at home to Banfield.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu May 06, 2010 3:54 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:it was a good game. we won, and the fans cheered the team in the end. we're learning. if we keep our coach, we may win the league.

Your team played a perfect first half, I thought you were through to the quarter finals after those first 45m showing.

The way Rogério Lourenço rallied his troops at halftime was great. He most likely just said to the team "MENNNNNNNNGOOOOOOO..........MENNNNNNNGOOOOOOOO" and that was that. That was it, that was the halftime talk. Flamengo were super charged instantly.

The second half was unbelievable, Todo.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu May 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:it was a good game. we won, and the fans cheered the team in the end. we're learning. if we keep our coach, we may win the league.

Your team played a perfect first half, I thought you were through to the quarter finals after those first 45m showing.

The way Rogério Lourenço rallied his troops at halftime was great. He most likely just said to the team "MENNNNNNNNGOOOOOOO..........MENNNNNNNGOOOOOOOO" and that was that. That was it, that was the halftime talk. Flamengo were super charged instantly.

The second half was unbelievable, Todo.

it was a good game. I like Flamengo. Wouldn't mind if they won the title this year. Cruzeiro is indifferent to me. But I want São Paulo and Inter out.

Sheva is right, Universitario parked the bus. I cheered for them.

Vélez should have beaten Chivas, good game.

The Campeonato Brasileiro begins this weekend. We'll be back next year, Puro!
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Thu May 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Vagner Love cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ExP4JPowY
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 pm

Tough break on Corinthians Mongrel. Have you qualified for next years campaign?
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri May 07, 2010 12:34 am

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Vagner Love cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ExP4JPowY

Vagner Love played an excellent second half for 'Mengo. He narrowly missed a chip goal that would've brought the house down after a super fast 'Mengo counterattack. Unbelievable game I tell ya' all.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri May 07, 2010 4:47 am

Universidad de Chile 1-2 Alianza Lima

Alianza Lima through to the quarter finals, but NO! FUCK NO! the referee reverses his original call, and allows a Chilean offside goal in the 2nd minute of stoppage when TWO Chileans were 2 meters offside and blocking Alianza Lima's goalie. Linesman correctly, immediately raised his flag, clear offside.

Then the ref blows his whistle, offside. Time's running out less than a minute to go and Alianza Lima through to the quarterfinals... NEVER FUCKING THE LESS , the ENTIRE Chilean team, coach, assistan coach, substitutes, everyone ran towards the linesman, Chilean police also surround both the ref and his linesman, and after FIVE minutes conference the ref changes his mind and allows the offside goal 2-2 game tied FFS!

Alianza Lima then goes absolutely BERSERK! A couple of players are fighting the police, around 50 of them protecting the ref and linesmen. Total pandemonium. Fucking Copa Libertadores FFS!

GODDAMN TODO, WE WAZ ROBBED!
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri May 07, 2010 5:38 am

Alianza Lima coach Costas speaks. He basically said that linesman told him that it was clear offside by two players, but that the ref couldn't withstand the pressure of the entire Chilean team and changed the call. Costas says that they will go to CONMEBOL, FIFA to protest. Alianza Lima had won the game, and the ref changed the outcome. He also says that if Alianza Lima were a Brasileiro or Argie team, the ref would've never changed his original decision.

Costas also says that for the good of the game, he feels compelled to initiate a formal protest all the way to FIFA if he has to. He says that this was a great injustice, a black eye to the sport, that it was a total disgrace. IT FUCKING WAS!

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/473545/gustavo-costas-juez-linea-me-dijo-que-fue-posicion-adelantada

The Ecuadorian ref Carlos Vera is a fucking disgrace. I had never seen anything like it.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Full video here for those who are interested:

Slight exaggeration (unsurprisingly) from Puro there Biggrin

The ref and linesman immediately discussed the decision (not after 5 mins), and there's no doubt the home management/players acted disgracefully in putting pressure on them. You could see the linesman was totally shaken up.

I don't know if an appeal will succeed, especially given the way the Alianza players and manager acted when the goal was given. It was equally disgraceful.

In terms of the decision itself, I think offside was the correct call. Although the last touch came off an Alianza defender, those 2 blue players were in an offside position and blocking the keeper's view at least partially...so IMO that makes them active in the play. Ref shouldn't have overturned it, but then we don't know the discussion he had with his linesman.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Kas, it was BULLSHITE! plain and simple. Even them Chilean commentators in the video you put out admitted that the goal shouldn't have stood. Fans of Universidad de Chile have gone on Peruvian boards to apologize for this robbery, they feel ashamed and rightly so.

Alianza Lima were the better team BOTH games, in Lima and in Santiago. Lost in Lima through a freakish goal (Alianza Lima defenders crashed onto each other leaving the ball to the U de Chile forward), and last night the fucking Ecuadorian ref just handed the tie to them.

Today, U de Chile coach Pelusso and his assistant just confessed that they influenced the ref. It was a black eye to the sport, and CONMEBOL/FIFA have got to do something about it. Millions and millions around the world watched this highly anticipated match between two rival nations with their two most popular teams, and the fucking Ecuadorian ref ruined the spectacle.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri May 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Hmmm perhaps the Alianza Lima-Universidad de Chile tie is not over yet. It's been reported that Pelusso and his assistant were screaming to the refs "TE VAN A MATAR" (they're gonna kill you) when the ref and linesman correctly disallowed the offside goal. Shocked

How about that, Todo!
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri May 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Yo Todo and Kas! Alianza Lima have lodged a formal complaint to CONMEBOL along with a video showing Pelusso, his assistant coach and the entire Universidad de Chile team threatening the refs's lives saying "allow the goal to stand or you die here tonight". Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 am