Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Share
avatar
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424
Age : 107
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Thu May 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Having had chance to take it all in.

Alves on malouda is a pen.

the Drogba one is very difficult - I didn't think it was but then I don't think teh Bosingwa one in the 1st leg was either.

Yes a shirt has been grabbed but not enough force to bring the player down IMO - people will say any shirt pull should be a foul but imagine if this was the case, Vidic would only play about 8 or 9 league games a season when you take suspensions into account.


I know everyone disagrees but Pique is a no for me too:

"Law 12 clearly states that a Direct Free Kick should be awarded to the opposing team if a player handles the ball DELIBERATELY (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area.)

A penalty kick is awarded if a defending team player deliberately handles the ball inside his own penalty area (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

I just don't believe it was intentional no matter how strong his arm hit the ball.

His arms were out because when you are running/twisting and turning your arms come out for balance + the ball was so close and hit very quickly.

Eto'o - absolutely not.


SKY left Drogba out to dry and the BBC's "match report" last night was paragraphs of a personal attack on Drogba followed by 2 lines about the game.

It seems like people have been saving up for when his form dipped.

For me he is pure theatre and if he was a "hot headed latin" he wouldn't get half the stick he does - look at Di Canio, he actually assaulted a ref.

For all the theatrics I've never seen any real malice from Drogba ie elbows or studs up challenges.

He needs to go back to Marseille IMO to finish his career where he will be fully appreciated.

It will be a disgrace if he receives more punishment than Ballack who actually physically barged the ref but I'm sure he will 'cos he's Drogba.

Barca are umbearably smug - they don't play football that way because of purism, they do so because it give them a ready made excuse for defeat "yes but we played the right way" - we have heard that somehwere else before.

Danny Alves is a petulant little thug and I'm glad he is missing the final.


Lampard was very average but received an 8/10 in Britain's best selling daily from the man who co-wrote his biography Rolling Eyes

The worst CL ever - they should have just cancelled it after the QF's as all the teams left in it are a disgrace for different reasons.
avatar
Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
Age : 30
Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Thu May 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Drages azuis e brancos wrote:
kas wrote:
Ade wrote:Lampard's Post Match Interview

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1126121770?bctid=22411401001

Like Essien, he was another I felt a bit sorry for. He played well last night, said before and I'll say it again.. his all round game(defensively and passing) has very much improved this season Ale

And he walked off without getting involved in any shenanigans.


You sure Question




Wink

Shenanigans Ale lol!

At least he wasn't flapping his arms about like some mad hysterical German woman chasing after the ref.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:19 pm

I agree with Pierre, in that Pique didn't move his hand towards the ball. It just stayed in the same position and the ball hit it. Has to be seen as unintentional.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:26 pm

But I'm sure you believe the one in the Juventus-Chelsea game (which was given) was a penalty, right?
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Looking at the ref last night, it seemed to me that he was a Collina wannabe. Bald headed, beady eyed and gave players that stern look. The difference between the 2 is that Collina gave a penalty for a handball in front of the Matthew Harding Stand in a Chelsea v Barcelona match.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:29 pm

S4P wrote:But I'm sure you believe the one in the Juventus-Chelsea game (which was given) was a penalty, right?

Doh

That incident was different, since the Chelsea player moved his hands up towards the ball.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:31 pm

S4P wrote:Looking at the ref last night, it seemed to me that he was a Collina wannabe. Bald headed, beady eyed and gave players that stern look. The difference between the 2 is that Collina gave a penalty for a handball in front of the Matthew Harding Stand in a Chelsea v Barcelona match.

go tell your sob stories somewhere else. No one here is interested.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:32 pm

One thing I will say is that the game was crying out for the inclusion of Mikel for either Malouda or Anelka once we got into the last 5-10 minutes. The goal came because nobody closed Iniesta down (maybe because they were too tired, maybe there was a lack of communication, who knows). When Mikel plays, that's his territory and Iniesta wouldn't have got anything like the time he had to prepare his shot.

I hope Guus makes them watch that. It's been happening far too often lately.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by fcb on Thu May 07, 2009 7:33 pm

The similarity is that both bottled big decisions.

Predictable trap, but I don't mind stepping in Very Happy
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:33 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Looking at the ref last night, it seemed to me that he was a Collina wannabe. Bald headed, beady eyed and gave players that stern look. The difference between the 2 is that Collina gave a penalty for a handball in front of the Matthew Harding Stand in a Chelsea v Barcelona match.

go tell your sob stories somewhere else. No one here is interested.

"Italy didn't get this in 02"
"Guus got away with that in 02"

Silly bobo.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:34 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:But I'm sure you believe the one in the Juventus-Chelsea game (which was given) was a penalty, right?

Doh

That incident was different, since the Chelsea player moved his hands up towards the ball.

His hand wasn't out-stretched to the same extent that Pique's was. Pique also 'moved his hand'. Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Double standards bobo, though I expect nothing less.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:35 pm

S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Looking at the ref last night, it seemed to me that he was a Collina wannabe. Bald headed, beady eyed and gave players that stern look. The difference between the 2 is that Collina gave a penalty for a handball in front of the Matthew Harding Stand in a Chelsea v Barcelona match.

go tell your sob stories somewhere else. No one here is interested.

"Italy didn't get this in 02"
"Guus got away with that in 02"

Silly bobo.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. Whereas you are crying like a little baby. See the difference?
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:38 pm

S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:But I'm sure you believe the one in the Juventus-Chelsea game (which was given) was a penalty, right?

Doh

That incident was different, since the Chelsea player moved his hands up towards the ball.

His hand wasn't out-stretched to the same extent that Pique's was. Pique also 'moved his hand'. Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Double standards bobo, though I expect nothing less.

Nope Pique didn't move his arm. I don't care what the Barca fans think, i can form my own opinions thank you.

It's not double standards since:

Belletti moves his arms up after the freekick is taken - hand to ball - penallty.

Pique keeps his arms by his side and the ball hits his hand - ball to hand.

I don't know why you brought it up since the 2 incidents are not comparable and you just look rather stupid now.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Keeps his arms by his side? His hand was up by shoulder. Get that dolmio out of your eyes and understand this: Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Even Pique in his post-match interview struggled to deny he didn't handle it.
avatar
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Age : 33
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by COTR on Thu May 07, 2009 7:45 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:But I'm sure you believe the one in the Juventus-Chelsea game (which was given) was a penalty, right?

Doh

That incident was different, since the Chelsea player moved his hands up towards the ball.

His hand wasn't out-stretched to the same extent that Pique's was. Pique also 'moved his hand'. Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Double standards bobo, though I expect nothing less.

Nope Pique didn't move his arm. I don't care what the Barca fans think, i can form my own opinions thank you.

It's not double standards since:

Belletti moves his arms up after the freekick is taken - hand to ball - penallty.

Pique keeps his arms by his side and the ball hits his hand - ball to hand.

I don't know why you brought it up since the 2 incidents are not comparable and you just look rather stupid now.


By his side lol!

You never fail Bobo
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:49 pm

S4P wrote:Keeps his arms by his side? His hand was up by shoulder. Get that dolmio out of your eyes and understand this: Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Even Pique in his post-match interview struggled to deny he didn't handle it.

My god you're an idiot

Of course it hit his hand, anyone can see that! What we're discussing was whether it was ball to hand or vice versa.

Like i said i don't care what the Barca fans think. I'm free to make my own judgement.

Neither incident is comparable.

Now stop making a fool of yourself.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 pm

COTR wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:But I'm sure you believe the one in the Juventus-Chelsea game (which was given) was a penalty, right?

Doh

That incident was different, since the Chelsea player moved his hands up towards the ball.

His hand wasn't out-stretched to the same extent that Pique's was. Pique also 'moved his hand'. Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Double standards bobo, though I expect nothing less.

Nope Pique didn't move his arm. I don't care what the Barca fans think, i can form my own opinions thank you.

It's not double standards since:

Belletti moves his arms up after the freekick is taken - hand to ball - penallty.

Pique keeps his arms by his side and the ball hits his hand - ball to hand.

I don't know why you brought it up since the 2 incidents are not comparable and you just look rather stupid now.


By his side lol!

You never fail Bobo

fuck off cotr

you already made a dick of yourself on the man utd - arsenal thread

no need to continue here.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by L r dd on Thu May 07, 2009 7:51 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:But I'm sure you believe the one in the Juventus-Chelsea game (which was given) was a penalty, right?

Doh

That incident was different, since the Chelsea player moved his hands up towards the ball.

His hand wasn't out-stretched to the same extent that Pique's was. Pique also 'moved his hand'. Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Double standards bobo, though I expect nothing less.

Nope Pique didn't move his arm. I don't care what the Barca fans think, i can form my own opinions thank you.

It's not double standards since:

Belletti moves his arms up after the freekick is taken - hand to ball - penallty.

Pique keeps his arms by his side and the ball hits his hand - ball to hand.

I don't know why you brought it up since the 2 incidents are not comparable and you just look rather stupid now.

Doh Not just Barca fans, Pique himself all but admitted it was a Pen in his interviews.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:51 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Keeps his arms by his side? His hand was up by shoulder. Get that dolmio out of your eyes and understand this: Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Even Pique in his post-match interview struggled to deny he didn't handle it.

My god you're an idiot

Of course it hit his hand, anyone can see that! What we're discussing was whether it was ball to hand or vice versa.


Like i said i don't care what the Barca fans think. I'm free to make my own judgement.

Neither incident is comparable.

Now stop making a fool of yourself.

Totally irrelevant. Nice one bobo.

You're free to make your own judgement, but you're wrong.

Keep going though. ok
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Isn't it strange how everyone seems to disagree with bobo? Surely he would've figured it out by now? Surely? Suspect
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:57 pm

S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Keeps his arms by his side? His hand was up by shoulder. Get that dolmio out of your eyes and understand this: Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Even Pique in his post-match interview struggled to deny he didn't handle it.

My god you're an idiot

Of course it hit his hand, anyone can see that! What we're discussing was whether it was ball to hand or vice versa.


Like i said i don't care what the Barca fans think. I'm free to make my own judgement.

Neither incident is comparable.

Now stop making a fool of yourself.

Totally irrelevant. Nice one bobo.

You're free to make your own judgement, but you're wrong.

Keep going though. ok

No, what is irrelevant is you saying that Pique admitted it hit his hand.

I'm right. Why you bring up the penalty Juve got is beyond me. The player raised his arms above his head after the freekick was taken. Clear ball to hand, and nothing like the incident last night.

Now stop crying and get on with your life. ok
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:58 pm

S4P wrote:Isn't it strange how everyone seems to disagree with bobo? Surely he would've figured it out by now? Surely? Suspect

Wrong again.

Did you miss Pierre's post?

Surely you would've seen that? Surely? Suspect
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Isn't it strange how everyone seems to disagree with bobo? Surely he would've figured it out by now? Surely? Suspect

Wrong again.

Did you miss Pierre's post?

Surely you would've seen that? Surely? Suspect

Pierre still thinks there should have been a penalty in the game. Have you ever thought that an English team should have had a penalty?

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Age : 32
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by Sheffield gunner on Thu May 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Just out of interest Bobo. If Rio Ferdinand handles the ball like that in the last minute of the final, will you be leaping to his defence as well?
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 8:03 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Keeps his arms by his side? His hand was up by shoulder. Get that dolmio out of your eyes and understand this: Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Even Pique in his post-match interview struggled to deny he didn't handle it.

My god you're an idiot

Of course it hit his hand, anyone can see that! What we're discussing was whether it was ball to hand or vice versa.


Like i said i don't care what the Barca fans think. I'm free to make my own judgement.

Neither incident is comparable.

Now stop making a fool of yourself.

Totally irrelevant. Nice one bobo.

You're free to make your own judgement, but you're wrong.

Keep going though. ok

No, what is irrelevant is you saying that Pique admitted it hit his hand.

I'm right. Why you bring up the penalty Juve got is beyond me. The player raised his arms above his head after the freekick was taken. Clear ball to hand, and nothing like the incident last night.

Now stop crying and get on with your life. ok

So Pique basically admits that he handled it, yet you say he didn't. Fair play bobo, you obviously know better than Pique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ite6li8A7Wc (1:59)

He's closed his eyes and ducked. Clear ball to hand.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 8:03 pm

S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Isn't it strange how everyone seems to disagree with bobo? Surely he would've figured it out by now? Surely? Suspect

Wrong again.

Did you miss Pierre's post?

Surely you would've seen that? Surely? Suspect

Pierre still thinks there should have been a penalty in the game. Have you ever thought that an English team should have had a penalty?

So do i....

Alves on Malouda was a penalty.

Fail again S4P.
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Where have you said this bobo? I want to see some proof.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 8:06 pm

S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
S4P wrote:Keeps his arms by his side? His hand was up by shoulder. Get that dolmio out of your eyes and understand this: Even the Barca fans admit that one was a penalty. Even Pique in his post-match interview struggled to deny he didn't handle it.

My god you're an idiot

Of course it hit his hand, anyone can see that! What we're discussing was whether it was ball to hand or vice versa.


Like i said i don't care what the Barca fans think. I'm free to make my own judgement.

Neither incident is comparable.

Now stop making a fool of yourself.

Totally irrelevant. Nice one bobo.

You're free to make your own judgement, but you're wrong.

Keep going though. ok

No, what is irrelevant is you saying that Pique admitted it hit his hand.

I'm right. Why you bring up the penalty Juve got is beyond me. The player raised his arms above his head after the freekick was taken. Clear ball to hand, and nothing like the incident last night.

Now stop crying and get on with your life. ok

So Pique basically admits that he handled it, yet you say he didn't. Fair play bobo, you obviously know better than Pique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ite6li8A7Wc (1:59)

He's closed his eyes and ducked. Clear ball to hand.

He admitted it hit his hand. That doesn't prove anything though. We know it hit his hand.

I've seen that video. He moves his arms up and towards the ball - ball to hand.

Geez, you're not too bright are you?
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu May 07, 2009 8:07 pm

S4P wrote:Where have you said this bobo? I want to see some proof.

I said it just now...
avatar
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Age : 37
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by S4P on Thu May 07, 2009 8:11 pm

So the ball hits his hand, his hand is needlessly out-stretched and yet you still don't think it's a penalty? Geez, has he gotta catch it for you to think it's a penalty?

And you did indeed say it just now, after my post.

Sponsored content

Re: Barcelona vs. Chelsea CL SF discussion thread

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:18 pm