Die Bundesliga 2011 Summer Transfer Thread

Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Re: Die Bundesliga 2011 Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Xavier on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:51 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2011/06/30/2554265/werder-bremen-close-in-on-genoas-sokratis-papastathopoulos

'Werder Bremen are on the verge of strengthening their defence with the loan signing of Sokratis Papastathopoulos from Genoa, however, a move for out-of-contract Nurnberg captain Andreas Wolf is not yet complete, despite recent reports to the contrary.'

(mostly) positive signs from the Bremen camp.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 pm

It's about time that those transfers are made final though, training has already begun. At the moment, we don't even have enough fit central defenders to play a match.

I was impressed with Papastathopoulos during the WC, when he more or less neutralised Messi in the group stages. Looks like a good prospect for the defence / defensive midfield. The Greeks have some good players coming through on those poitions traditionally. Wolf would be a good / reliable backup.
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 am

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/werder-bremen/magath-will-wiese-und-marin-18636694.bild.html

Magath is making a move for WIESE and Marin

if it happens, Werder is in meltdown

would be good news for Wolfsburg and the Bundesliga (to keep them in Germany)

THIS is a make or break season for Werder

Allofs has to step up his game MASSIVELY

otherwise, the club is going to get overtaken by the likes of Gladbach, Cologne, Hannover PERMANENTLY

solar roof , my arse Doh
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:59 am

Wolfsburg / Magath have signed former Bayern cult hero Hasan 'Brazzo' Salihamidzic (34) on a Bosman from Juventus.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Jennins h'apparently signing for Munchen shortly.

Looks a very decent player, despite little being mentioned from EPL clubs. Perhaps too "small".. Could do well in less physical, slower Bundesliga

anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
Supports : VfB Stuttgart

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:41 am

Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:16 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/jul20l.html

Vidal to Juventus... for only €12m... what a bargain! Neutral
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:57 pm

he's an overrated egotistical c**t and probably insists on getting paid 6-7 million Euro a year

will probably either end up in the EPL or go back to Brazil

Vidal for 12 million is a joke

FAR TOO cheap

meanwhile, Pizarro wants to leave Bremen as well

Merte, Wiese also want to go and Marin could end up in Wolfsburg

Werder will finally get some money
Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
Supports : Deutschland
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Any suggestions who they will sign with the money? The article says that Kvist will be an additional option for them in midfield but they surely need to spend some money strengthening the squad and improving their defensive options. They can't keep selling good players and expect to get away with it. Their struggles through the first two-thirds of last season should have been a sufficient warning to invest.
Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
Supports : Deutschland
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:53 am

Bobic is currently on vacation in Florida AFAIK so it looks like they have finished their transfer dealings already for the summer. I guess they will promote a reserve player instead. scratch
anglophileHedgehog

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Stiftung Haeschentest wrote:Bobic is currently on vacation in Florida AFAIK so it looks like they have finished their transfer dealings already for the summer. I guess they will promote a reserve player instead. scratch
Nah, we'll make do with what we have... Ignoring that there are some ex-players willing to sign a performance-based one-year-contract...

Crying or Very sad

Seriously, if they don't start spending right now, we'll be competing for 12-15 place again.

Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:34 pm

I was going to mention Hinkel (and then forgot to do so yesterday). I saw a while back that he said he was happy to accept a performance based contract, I would have thought that he's a risk worth taking in such circumstances. If he is fit then he is good enough to play at a reasonable level in the league, if he hasn't recovered from his injury then there isn't a financial risk in signing him.

On a similar note Anglo, did you see that your favourite effeminate, former-VfB keeper, Timo Hildebrand, looks set to join Man City? One of the more surprising potential transfers of the summer! Fair play to him if he gets signed, I’m sure it's a rather cushy job there warming the bench and collecting a sizeable pay cheque.
anglophileHedgehog

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:37 pm

And he can't be worse than either Celozzi or Boulah... But no - after the Hleb-fiasco, the higher ups have decided that re-signing former players is a Bad Bad Thing. Rolling Eyes Seriously, there is no risk! And we need cover at rightback, especially now with Träsch gone and Niedermeyer out with a stress fracture.

Yep, saw that - would be great if he could avoid being unemployed that way, but on the whole, it's a huge shame, the way his career has gone down the drains!

Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Are Celzzi/Boulah the players who have played at right-back in your friendlies so far? Or have they tried anyone else there? I can never quite work out who fits where in your team. That might just be because I'm not familiar with some of the players, but I think it's also because some positions seem to have a jumble of players who can cover a variety of positions without clearly staking a claim in any one position.
anglophileHedgehog

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 pm

By the looks of it, yes and no, they haven't tried anyone else there (except for Träsch, but well, he's gone now).

We have a lot of "jack of all trades, master of none" type of players, which is highly annoying - plus we lack what Otto-dearest would call a "leader" and what Matze Sammer once called a "Fahnenträger" at the moment. Which is why I don't think they'll be able to achieve much this coming season. Another "Übergangssaison" - how great. Neutral

Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Is your stadium redevelopment going to be completed this year? Maybe once that is done it will see funds being freed up so that the club is better placed to invest in the playing squad.

With regards to 'Fahnenträger' types, I'm usually not an advocate of the essentiality of these players, but a club like Stuttgart is probably where one would be most needed. Obviously you'd be looking for a veteran leader rather than an inspirational player (seeing as they would probably be sold anyway), but with the constant change in key playing personnel and also management, there probably is a lack of consistent direction and leadership at the club. It's easy in such circumstances for things to drift and for players just to stumble along. Sometimes just having a key focal point on the pitch and in training helps prevent this.

It's probably best to switch off and come back in February when they start to get their acts together again. The first half of the season is only ever a test of your nerves! Wink
anglophileHedgehog

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:21 am

Nah, nah, once that's done, the money will be used to erase some of the debts - or be left to rot at the bank. Wink Spending = bad!

Your suggestion is probably the most sensible one... Wink Should prevent me from going prematurely grey.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:03 am

According to the Swiss press, Bayern are seriously interested in Xherdan Shaqiri.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/rundumdenball/1107/tagesticker-2807-bayern-steht-in-geheimgespraechen-mit-basel-wegen-shaqiri-dortmund-ohne-marcel-schmelzer.html

Rate him highly, would be an excellent transfer. He'll supposedly cost around €10m.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Aren't they well covered in midfield (especially attacking midfield) and attack already? I would think they need 1 or 2 defenders more to complete their squad.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:27 am

Bayern's transfer policy doesn't necessarily have to make much sense, and it often doesn't. However, I guess he'd be another backup for Robbery (after Usami). In that sense, a transfer seems plausible, knowing how injury prone those two are. And he'd be a long term solution, too, as he's just 19.

Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:31 pm

anglophileHedgehog wrote:Nah, nah, once that's done, the money will be used to erase some of the debts - or be left to rot at the bank. Wink Spending = bad!

Your suggestion is probably the most sensible one... Wink Should prevent me from going prematurely grey.

Wenger's recently complained of dizziness when it comes to agreeing transfer fees for players. Maybe it's a contagious medical condition that is affecting managers/sporting directors like Bobic and Wenger. It's not that they are unwilling to spend, but rather that every time it comes to agreeing a transfer fee they are suddenly afflicted by severe presyncopal episodes. Wink

Indeed, we wouldn't want that! I'm hoping that not going to the Emirates this season will spare me the ravaging effects of football-related stress! Laughing

More seriously, Shaqiri does look like a very talented young player. He could either be a very promising option on the bench/cover; or in 12 months time a great loan signing for one of the middle table Bundesliga teams once he gets frustrated by a lack of football in the 2011/12 season.
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 am

Have you not renewed your season ticket SG?! Shocked

Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Have you not renewed your season ticket SG?! Shocked

No. The main reason was the price rise. I was paying one of the most expensive normal tickets there and wasn't particularly happy about it, and the price rise aggravated me a lot. Plus I just wasn't enjoying going last season. It got bad enough that I was actually looking for excuses to spend Saturdays with my girlfriend rather than go to the Arsenal. That's never a good situation. No
I also always went with my dad, and he has moved abroad recently, so that gave me less reason to go.

I'm a bond holder at the club though, so I can get a season ticket next season again if I want one, and I'm still a bond-holding Silver Member, so I'm guaranteed a ticket to every match, but I can pick and choose which ones I want, and need to order them individually (and the seat can be anywhere in the stadium rather than consistent). At the moment I have no regrets about the decision, and just blew the money I had saved up for the season ticket on a number of extra holidays. I think they'll be much more enjoyable, and much less frustrating that going along to watch Arsenal every week!
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 am

Well all that is very understandable, hope you enjoy your new-found freedom! All the more so if you can still pick and choose which games you want to go to. When I've been recently myself it's been more often than not on the season ticket of a friend of mine who decided to keep his double season ticket when he moved back to Bremen (where he also has a double season ticket!) – which allows for a certain amount of flexibility...

Sheffield gunner

Post by Sheffield gunner on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Has Hitzlsperger been linked with any clubs in Germany recently? I've only just realised that he had his contract at West Ham terminated. He had a good half a season at Upton Park, I'm surprised that he hasn't walked straight into a new, mid-table club somewhere.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 am

Dortmund have made a deal with Götze / his parents / agent that he can only leave BVB for a top club abroad (the usual 3-4 suspects), ruling out a transfer to Bayern. Apparently, Götze himself only wants to move abroad, if anything. A transfer in this period has been completely ruled out, too.

Agents linked to various top clubs in Spain and England had shown serious interest in the last few weeks.

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/vereine/borussia-dortmund/2011/08/17/bayern-verbot-fuer-mario-goetze/bvb-star-darf-nur-ins-ausland-wechseln.html
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Has Hitzlsperger been linked with any clubs in Germany recently? I've only just realised that he had his contract at West Ham terminated. He had a good half a season at Upton Park, I'm surprised that he hasn't walked straight into a new, mid-table club somewhere.

Wolfsburg have signed Hitzlsperger on a free.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/556621/artikel_magath-holt-hitzlsperger.html
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Olic is injured again and will be out for 8 weeks at least. That's why Bayern are thinking about a replacement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:27 pm