Die Bundesliga 2011 Summer Transfer Thread

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Die Bundesliga 2011 Summer Transfer Thread

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Magath's scatter-gun transfer approach continues - just sign a gazillion of players and hope that a few of them come good. Wolfsburg have signed defenders Hrvoje Cale (26, Trabzon) and Chris (32, out of contract) on a free.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/felix-magath/holt-cale-und-chris-19514348.bild.html
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Galatasaray are offering €9m for Podolski, Köln don't want to sell.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/podolski/galatasaray-bietet-neun-millionen-euro-19511512.bild.html

Should he really move to Turkey, which is rather unlikely, he can forget about his national team career. His starting spot is already in question.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:43 pm

And yet another Chelsea player / reject to be signed by Arnesen to 'strengthen' HSV, as it worked so beautifully until now. HSV close to signing defender Slobodan Rajkovic (22):

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2011/08/22/2631108/hamburg-close-in-on-chelseas-slobodan-rajkovic-report
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Juventus, Arsenal, Anzhi and many others are interested in Gladbach's Marco Reus. Apparently, he has a buy-out clause in his contract and can leave Gladbach next season for a sum "higher than €10m".

Huge prospect who I rate very highly, would immediately strengthen Arsenal. But I don't think that Bayern will miss out on him, too, as they did a few times recently when it comes to young German talent. Would be a perfect Ribery / Robben replacement.

Either way, good for Gladbach, the league and himself that he stays there another season.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Add Kyrgiakos to Magath's neverending list. A pity to see that dirty c**t back in the league, I was glad when he left.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Does anyone know about deadline for current transfer window in Germany? August 31st?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Yes, like the rest of Europe.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:27 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Yes, like the rest of Europe.
Kas replied in "La Liga Market" topic that Spain is closing the doors one day later.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Don't think so, unless they have some dubious exception this season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:21 pm

word on the streets is that Magath is making a move for Ballack

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/telegramm/telegramm,rendertext=19569850.html

cheers
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Wolfsburg - the new Ü30 haven... Very Happy
Ä

Post by Ä on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm

I like Magath, but he is overdoing it

he clearly wants to win NOW, but the Wolfsburg U-19, I think, just won the Bundesliga title

giving one or two talents a shot does not hurt

--------

a week or so back, Ballack said that Bayer was his LAST club

the lad has THREE or so kids, he cannot move every year

but spending his possibly last pro-year as an Ergänzungsspieler is a JOKE

Wolfsburg have the money to make a move Völler CANNOT reject

and Magath is a MASSIVE Ballack fan (already wanted to sign him for Schalke)

it might actually happen
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Looks like the Podolski to Galatasaray transfer rumours are becoming reality. Apparently, Gala have officially informed the Turkish stock exchange about the transfer, usually a reliable sign that a transfer is going to be finished soon.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/rundumdenball/1108/tagesticker-2408-fc-schalke-04-inter-mailand-an-jose-jurado-interessiert-lucas-barrios-wuenscht-sich-real-madrid.html

Should he really move to Turkey, he'll be even more off the radar and it'll be more difficult for him to keep his starting spot in the NT.

Ach Lukas...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Wolfsburg / Magath are interested in Arsenal midfielder Rosicky. Apparently, Rosicky's agent is already in Wolfsburg for negotiations.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/rundumdenball/1108/tagesticker-2508-felix-magath-vfl-wolfsburg-an-tomas-rosicky-interessiert-diego-wechsel-oder-regionalliga.html
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Surely Arsenal ain't going to sell another midfielder? They already down to the kids pretty much.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 pm

This is the original article of that rumour (BILD):

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/felix-magath/baggert-an-rosicky-19573700.bild.html

According to that article, Rosicky is allowed to leave the Gunners.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 pm

debaser wrote:Surely Arsenal ain't going to sell another midfielder? They already down to the kids pretty much.

Apparently they're doing a Newcastle though and signing an entire new midfield from Ligue 1, so they should be ok - M'Vila, Marvin Martin, Hazard.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:54 pm

fcb wrote:
debaser wrote:Surely Arsenal ain't going to sell another midfielder? They already down to the kids pretty much.

Apparently they're doing a Newcastle though and signing an entire new midfield from Ligue 1, so they should be ok - M'Vila, Marvin Martin, Hazard.

Shocked

Seems a bit of a mad tactic. Having lost 2 major players you'd think they'd want a bit of continuity with someone like Rosicky who's been with them a few years (even if injured for much of it)..
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:07 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Looks like the Podolski to Galatasaray transfer rumours are becoming reality. Apparently, Gala have officially informed the Turkish stock exchange about the transfer, usually a reliable sign that a transfer is going to be finished soon.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/rundumdenball/1108/tagesticker-2408-fc-schalke-04-inter-mailand-an-jose-jurado-interessiert-lucas-barrios-wuenscht-sich-real-madrid.html

Should he really move to Turkey, he'll be even more off the radar and it'll be more difficult for him to keep his starting spot in the NT.

Ach Lukas...

How much is he going for, and what are his wage demands?

I've been saying for time, Poodle-ski would be worth a gamble here at Spurs. I could see him being a success given he can also play a wide right role which would allow us to get rid of Pienaar.

Seems Steffan ARBEIT! also agrees with me. Surely as an ex player he must've got through to the club somehow. If we end up signing no one and Gala pick up the Poodle on the cheap I'll be extremely annoyed

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur/spurs_are_urged_to_sign_germany_world_cup_star_1_927341

I'm not sure if he's not interested, but it seems odd that no EPL clubs would try and sign him?
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:17 pm

A relative bargain actually, around €10m. His wages at Köln aren't that high either, especially going by today's standards. Köln are relatively poor and needed 'extra sponsors' to afford him. They won't earn much if he gets sold because of that.

Poldi is a good player, he can be excellent even at times. He isn't perfect and has a few weaknesses (who hasn't?), but at that price, he is a bargain IMHO. If he moved to England, he wouldn't have to say his NT career goodbye either.
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:30 pm

FFS 10 million Euros is a bargain.

Surely clubs in England aren't so short sighted to have written him off after his unsuccessful stint at Bayern Munchkins?

As I said, if the Adebayor move falls through (I have a sneaky feeling it will, I honestly wouldn't put it past Man City trying to fuck with our preperations for the new season) and we end up with no one and he goes to Gala for 10 million Euros and reasonable wages, I will be livid.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:42 pm

€10-12m is what Gala are bidding I think. I can see him being a success in the EPL and especially at a club like Tottenham with an attacking philosophy.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:53 pm

P.S.: The Bundesliga scouting of English clubs is pathetic, to put it mildly. It's no rocket science to sign the topscorer of the league like Man City did with Dzeko for instance, you don't need scouts for that. But it simply amazes me how truly good Bundesliga players who could be signed for relatively modest sums are totally under the radar of English clubs. Usually, there is only interest in players who have either shone in encounters between English and German clubs, or did well for the national team on the big stage.

But maybe it's good like it is. I don't want the league to become like the French league, although that's not that likely anyway as the league is stronger and financially much more attractive. In addition to the richer clubs, the tax rate on player's wages is considerably lower, too, something that really hurts French clubs. These days, the German tax rate is amongst the lowest in Europe, as ironic as it may sound.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Don't think it's the scouting - clubs in England have extensive networks across Europe, we signed Berbatov using ours in Germany - but it's clear France is seen as a preferred breeding ground for PL footballers than Germany for example. Probably due to their athleticism and the direct link to African footballing talent (which tend to do very well over here)

That said, players like Ozil, Schweinsteiger and Gotze have all been heavily linked with moves to England recently; it seems to me that players in Germany are less keen to move to England than players in France are, keeping to this particular comparison, and perhaps that is a crucial factor.

With Poodle-ski, I imagine he may be of the opinion he needs to play CL football, and given none of the top clubs in England are looking for strikers currently it leaves few options. Does surprise me though no EPL clubs have made stated an interest publically, but given how hot competition is these days for players, most "smaller" clubs try to keep these from becoming public given it can then become an auction and they can be easily outbid if one of the larger clubs decides to take an interest
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:22 pm

You're basically just confirming what I wrote. Signing Berbatov, a joint top scorer of the league and one of Leverkusen's key players, often playing in European matches, is no rocket science. And players like Schweinsteiger, Özil and Götze being linked to EPL clubs, players who shone on the international stage, don't need any scouting either. But look at Aturo Vidal, for instance. One of Leverkusen's best players for years, signed by Juventus for a joke of a sum (around €10m). A total bargain that would have strengthened most EPL clubs, yet none of them even made a bid. But to have him on the radar you need rudimentary scouting at least, which simply doesn't seem to exist.

And as I said, France is attractive because the tax rate on player wages is so high, hence EPL clubs can offer Ligue 1 players considerably higher net wages without breaking the bank. This is not the case in Germany. In addition to that, the league is stronger and a lot more attractive, not just for domestic talent, so of course players are more reluctant to leave. But still, there have been numerous examples in which players left the league for relatively modest sums and became an instant success elsewhere. Only very few of those players moved to England.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Apparently, Stuttgart and Juventus are negotiating a swap deal: Khalid Boulahrouz for Zdenek Grygera. Juventus are supposed to pay €1.5m in addition, but have only offered €700.000 so far.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/rundumdenball/1108/tagesticker-2608-lukas-podolski-1-fc-koeln-galatasaray-fc-arsenal-ze-roberto-hamburger-sv.html
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:07 pm

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Arsenal are interested in Holland international Eljero Elia (HSV):

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/1108/Artikel/eljero-elia-hamburger-sv-fc-arsenal-wechsel-interesse-arsene-wenger-frank-arnesen-michael-oenning.html

Juve are also interested, but Elia doesn't think that they are an upgrade to HSV. Arsenal would be different.
Ä

Post by Ä on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:22 pm

the Bayer bosses now say that if Ballack wants to leave they will listen to offers

at the same time Bild reports that Ballack's wife/kids seem to be on their way back to Munich where they have bought a house

Ballack to Wolfsburg is a real possibility now, even more so considering how poor Wolfsburg currently are

let's hope the Rosicky deal does not fuck this up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:16 am