can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Share

Poll

can they? hmm?

[ 21 ]
54% [54%] 
[ 18 ]
46% [46%] 

Total Votes: 39
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 36
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Kimbo wrote:3 words, the Mamic brothers. <Ale>

Three words - what the fuck?
avatar
Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Aristoskank on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Modric plays a more attacking role. He has shown unbelievable control when tightly marked or closed down. He also has this ability to run with the ball into channels and angles where he can't be fouled (this is also true with likes of Arshavin, Hleb, Benayoun, Nasri, etc). It is not exactly pace they use, but they are still able to get past players.

That sort of a player is Modric. This is fast becoming a trademark of 'eastern european' playmakers. <Ale>

Funny how you've invented a special type of player that is primarily Arsenal players.
avatar
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Age : 27
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Hlebagone on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Spider Crouch wrote:
The Professor wrote:Just watched a re run of the Spurs vs Birmingham match.

I've got to say Modric is unbelievably good. He ran everything. Is there a better PL player of his type atm? I doubt it. No disrespect, but he's too good for Spurs. He could play for the Madrids, Barcas, and ManUs of this world and still look good.

I know this thread was started just for banter, but Spurs are building a serious team. They'd be deadly if only they could replace Keane with a half striker/half playmaker type player.

Hope they sell Modric in January.

Rolling Eyes

Let's see where we finish the season before suggesting he's too good for Spurs.

Why on Earth would he want to leave right now when - as you quite rightly said - we're building a seriously competitive team, he's given license to roam in an attacking team, and praised every weekend by his manager?

This is the player of course that Wenger didn't try and sign because he wasn't strong enough to play in the Premier League. So I'm not surprised you're seething with envy. You have Diaby and Eboue though Ale

We don't have to wait Mr Pele. Spurs as u know will always remain a level below the big boys. That's where they are destined to be. Some things are just meant to be like that, you've got to accept it.

Modric however, should be playing at a bigger club, a level higher.

Laugh For shit stirring, that's not bad at all

Nothing else needs to be said other than you won't be celebrating St Totteringham's day anytime soon.

Think about it,

and have a nice day Ale

I think its nice that you're so happy and confident. Lord knows, its been a while, but do you remember what happened to Tottenham last time you started making such outspoken claims old chap?
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:35 pm

Poison the bastards cheers

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Age : 30
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Hlebagone wrote:
Spider Crouch wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Spider Crouch wrote:
The Professor wrote:Just watched a re run of the Spurs vs Birmingham match.

I've got to say Modric is unbelievably good. He ran everything. Is there a better PL player of his type atm? I doubt it. No disrespect, but he's too good for Spurs. He could play for the Madrids, Barcas, and ManUs of this world and still look good.

I know this thread was started just for banter, but Spurs are building a serious team. They'd be deadly if only they could replace Keane with a half striker/half playmaker type player.

Hope they sell Modric in January.

Rolling Eyes

Let's see where we finish the season before suggesting he's too good for Spurs.

Why on Earth would he want to leave right now when - as you quite rightly said - we're building a seriously competitive team, he's given license to roam in an attacking team, and praised every weekend by his manager?

This is the player of course that Wenger didn't try and sign because he wasn't strong enough to play in the Premier League. So I'm not surprised you're seething with envy. You have Diaby and Eboue though Ale

We don't have to wait Mr Pele. Spurs as u know will always remain a level below the big boys. That's where they are destined to be. Some things are just meant to be like that, you've got to accept it.

Modric however, should be playing at a bigger club, a level higher.

Laugh For shit stirring, that's not bad at all

Nothing else needs to be said other than you won't be celebrating St Totteringham's day anytime soon.

Think about it,

and have a nice day Ale

I think its nice that you're so happy and confident. Lord knows, its been a while, but do you remember what happened to Tottenham last time you started making such outspoken claims old chap?

what happened?

it can't be any worse than Guzman's title celebration thread in January last year.
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Fade out on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:Funny how you've invented a special type of player that is primarily Arsenal players.

It is not 'special type', it's been widely prevalent. I'd wanted to name EPL players, but not many clever playmakers are of that type in England. Joe Cole, Tuncay, Milner, etc are close to that type, too.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Kimbo on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 pm

MILNER? No no no no no!
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Spider crouch,

No, you are wrong. Bendtner is good in the air, contrary to what you claim. A bad observation, simply put. He hasn't played a full season, but I still remember only the headed goals from Bendtner. Knickerless or not, his aerial ability is far higher than Crouch.

Bendtner is not particularly good in the air. We will continue to disagree on this. And I will make a bet with you that Crouch will score more headed goals this season than Bendtner.

I also see talentless pace merchant Lennon won us the second game in a row.

So overall, a good week for you observations Unflinching cheers


Bendtner not good in the air? Did I miss something?
avatar
Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Aristoskank on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:46 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:
Stimulus Package wrote:Funny how you've invented a special type of player that is primarily Arsenal players.

It is not 'special type', it's been widely prevalent. I'd wanted to name EPL players, but not many clever playmakers are of that type in England. Joe Cole, Tuncay, Milner, etc are close to that type, too.


So if I'm reading you correctly you mean players who can dribble without relying on pace/acceleration? Is that a 'type'? Maybe...

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Age : 30
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:46 pm

does playmaker now mean midfielder with no defensive or physical qualities? The players discussed are essentially wingers who can't beat a man on the outside.
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:47 pm

I think he means players who are also good in tight spaces.
avatar
Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Aristoskank on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:51 pm

I still have no idea what this type of player is.
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:52 pm

AM to me, but I wouldn't include Milner in this list.

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Age : 30
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:53 pm

so basically small slow/fat wingers?
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Nasri, Modric, Arshavin, Tuncay, J.Cole- Fat?! Ok.

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Age : 30
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:58 pm

have another look at what I wrote Ray
avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Kimbo wrote:
MadVillain™ wrote:Damien Duff is a genius though because he chose Newcastle over Spurs, right Question

*Nothing at all to do with Chelsea demanding twice as much off us for him as they did from you Rolling Eyes

Spurs had a bid accepted Kris, try again.

Nope, we had 2 offers turned down, Pot Belly.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Kimbo on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 pm

MadVillain™ wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
MadVillain™ wrote:Damien Duff is a genius though because he chose Newcastle over Spurs, right Question

*Nothing at all to do with Chelsea demanding twice as much off us for him as they did from you Rolling Eyes

Spurs had a bid accepted Kris, try again.

Nope, we had 2 offers turned down, Pot Belly.

Damien disagrees Kriss. I'd rather listen to him than a jewish propaganda machine.
avatar
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by The Pröfessör on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:25 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Stimulus Package wrote:Depends, what sort of player would you say Modric is? Who would we be directly comparing him to in the EPL, like for like?

He is an excellent player, no doubt. Took a bit of time to adapt, but (and this is a rare thing in a Spurs signing) is worth more than they paid for him.

Actually there are not many players like him. I'd compare him to Hleb. Benayoun is not that dissimilar, but he's more of a forward. They don't get u a lot of goals and assists, but they run your attack.

In terms of minutes on the pitch Benyanoon does quite well doesn't he?

You compare everyone you like to Hleb.

Do I? Smile

I think I have only ever said Arshavin brings the creative side of things which we missed since we sold Hleb.

Oh, and that Diaby's got similar dribbling style, but he lacks Hleb's passing and vision.

Yeah Benayoun does score enough goals. As I said he's more of a forward compared to Hleb or Modric.


Stimulus Package wrote: So let's extend the boundaries - outside the EPL, what players do you think there are like Modric? What exactly is it about his role and style that you enjoy and respect?

let me just quote UF here:

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Modric plays a more attacking role. He has shown unbelievable control when tightly marked or closed down. He also has this ability to run with the ball into channels and angles where he can't be fouled (this is also true with likes of Arshavin, Hleb, Benayoun, Nasri, etc). It is not exactly pace they use, but they are still able to get past players.

That sort of a player is Modric. This is fast becoming a trademark of 'eastern european' playmakers. <Ale>

<Ale>

What I like about him is his touch, unebelieveable ball control, dribbling skills, and above all his intelligence.

All formations in the PL(or in the modern game in general) these days are geared towards controlling space, teams are set up in a way that allows them to cover space as much as possible. Teams are more compact, more difficult to play through. And it's the most effective way to defend against teams with more resources, that's because there are few players who are comfortable in operating in small confined areas. Hleb is one of the very few.

Hleb can pick up the ball on the half way line under immense pressure from 2 or 3 players and comfortably leave them for dead with a combination of close control, ball skills, body movements etc , So that's 2 or 3 opposition players taken out of the game, meaning more space to operate in. But that's not the most difficult part, someone like Diaby can do that, but the most difficult part is to pick out a pass that turns the opposition over, and at the right time. Hleb can play a quick forward pass wide to the fullbacks, but he can also play that pass that's a pain in the ass to defend against, namely those between the DM and CBs, fullbacks and CBs or behind the defence. It's all about precision passing, quickness of mind and good timing. A few seconds delay, and the pass might be intercepted or the space covered. But sometimes the 1st option that shows up isn't the best though, but if the players is intelligent enough, he'd delay the pass - see Hleb pass to Cesc for the goal against Liverpool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnO8OPMsaHw - the video is of poor quality though

As Cesc Fabregas said : “He(hleb) always looks for you with a pass and if you give him the ball you can always count on getting it back at the right time.”


See Hleb's performance vs Manu here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtaNKo0E6U

And that's not even mentioning his ability to keep the ball. He can hold on to it as long as he wants, nobody is gonna get it off him. That helped take pressure off us when teams where attacking us. We miss him badly especially in big games.

EDIT: here's a better quality video for the Fabregas goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s509LLFVhYs&feature=related

I remember a quality pass from him to Ade in the CL quarters against Pool, but I can't find it.
avatar
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
Age : 67
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by The Pröfessör on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Spider Crouch wrote:
The Professor wrote:Just watched a re run of the Spurs vs Birmingham match.

I've got to say Modric is unbelievably good. He ran everything. Is there a better PL player of his type atm? I doubt it. No disrespect, but he's too good for Spurs. He could play for the Madrids, Barcas, and ManUs of this world and still look good.

I know this thread was started just for banter, but Spurs are building a serious team. They'd be deadly if only they could replace Keane with a half striker/half playmaker type player.

Hope they sell Modric in January.

Rolling Eyes

Let's see where we finish the season before suggesting he's too good for Spurs.

Why on Earth would he want to leave right now when - as you quite rightly said - we're building a seriously competitive team, he's given license to roam in an attacking team, and praised every weekend by his manager?

This is the player of course that Wenger didn't try and sign because he wasn't strong enough to play in the Premier League. So I'm not surprised you're seething with envy. You have Diaby and Eboue though Ale

We don't have to wait Mr Pele. Spurs as u know will always remain a level below the big boys. That's where they are destined to be. Some things are just meant to be like that, you've got to accept it.

Modric however, should be playing at a bigger club, a level higher.

Laugh For shit stirring, that's not bad at all

Nothing else needs to be said other than you won't be celebrating St Totteringham's day anytime soon.

Think about it,

and have a nice day Ale

Don't speak too soon, Pele Wink

Have a nice day too <Ale>
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Super Progress on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:15 pm

The Professor wrote:
Stimulus Package wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Stimulus Package wrote:Depends, what sort of player would you say Modric is? Who would we be directly comparing him to in the EPL, like for like?

He is an excellent player, no doubt. Took a bit of time to adapt, but (and this is a rare thing in a Spurs signing) is worth more than they paid for him.

Actually there are not many players like him. I'd compare him to Hleb. Benayoun is not that dissimilar, but he's more of a forward. They don't get u a lot of goals and assists, but they run your attack.

In terms of minutes on the pitch Benyanoon does quite well doesn't he?

You compare everyone you like to Hleb.

Do I? Smile

I think I have only ever said Arshavin brings the creative side of things which we missed since we sold Hleb.

Oh, and that Diaby's got similar dribbling style, but he lacks Hleb's passing and vision.

Yeah Benayoun does score enough goals. As I said he's more of a forward compared to Hleb or Modric.


Stimulus Package wrote: So let's extend the boundaries - outside the EPL, what players do you think there are like Modric? What exactly is it about his role and style that you enjoy and respect?

let me just quote UF here:

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Modric plays a more attacking role. He has shown unbelievable control when tightly marked or closed down. He also has this ability to run with the ball into channels and angles where he can't be fouled (this is also true with likes of Arshavin, Hleb, Benayoun, Nasri, etc). It is not exactly pace they use, but they are still able to get past players.

That sort of a player is Modric. This is fast becoming a trademark of 'eastern european' playmakers. <Ale>

<Ale>

What I like about him is his touch, unebelieveable ball control, dribbling skills, and above all his intelligence.

All formations in the PL(or in the modern game in general) these days are geared towards controlling space, teams are set up in a way that allows them to cover space as much as possible. Teams are more compact, more difficult to play through. And it's the most effective way to defend against teams with more resources, that's because there are few players who are comfortable in operating in small confined areas. Hleb is one of the very few.

Hleb can pick up the ball on the half way line under immense pressure from 2 or 3 players and comfortably leave them for dead with a combination of close control, ball skills, body movements etc , So that's 2 or 3 opposition players taken out of the game, meaning more space to operate in. But that's not the most difficult part, someone like Diaby can do that, but the most difficult part is to pick out a pass that turns the opposition over, and at the right time. Hleb can play a quick forward pass wide to the fullbacks, but he can also play that pass that's a pain in the ass to defend against, namely those between the DM and CBs, fullbacks and CBs or behind the defence. It's all about precision passing, quickness of mind and good timing. A few seconds delay, and the pass might be intercepted or the space covered. But sometimes the 1st option that shows up isn't the best though, but if the players is intelligent enough, he'd delay the pass - see Hleb pass to Cesc for the goal against Liverpool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnO8OPMsaHw - the video is of poor quality though

As Cesc Fabregas said : “He(hleb) always looks for you with a pass and if you give him the ball you can always count on getting it back at the right time.”


See Hleb's performance vs Manu here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtaNKo0E6U

And that's not even mentioning his ability to keep the ball. He can hold on to it as long as he wants, nobody is gonna get it off him. That helped take pressure off us when teams where attacking us. We miss him badly especially in big games.

EDIT: here's a better quality video for the Fabregas goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s509LLFVhYs&feature=related

I remember a quality pass from him to Ade in the CL quarters against Pool, but I can't find it.
Nice post and I remember the Guardian or some paper made an article on that assist for Cesc against Liverpool and courrage enough to wait out for the pass because in those situations if he doesn't get it exactly right the player will get hacked on for waiting to long or overcomplicating it. The problem is also that these guys really players making the right runs.
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Fade out on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Yeah, good post. Hleb 'was' an exciting player to watch, provided the system is built around him. In many ways, he made Fabregas and that whole midfield with Flamni n rosicky look brilliant that season, no?
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Super Progress on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Yeah, good post. Hleb 'was' an exciting player to watch, provided the system is built around him. In many ways, he made Fabregas and that whole midfield with Flamni n rosicky look brilliant that season, no?
I would say so but if you are going to have that type of player you also need somebody like Pires who could get those goals and assists on the other flank. Rosicky hasn't performed this role or been good enough in my opinion.
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Fade out on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Yeah, I don't think Ro-SICK-y would ever replace Pires, on the other hand the fact Nasri COULD, is something people should never forget. Whistle
avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Super Granero wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Yeah, good post. Hleb 'was' an exciting player to watch, provided the system is built around him. In many ways, he made Fabregas and that whole midfield with Flamni n rosicky look brilliant that season, no?
I would say so but if you are going to have that type of player you also need somebody like Pires who could get those goals and assists on the other flank. Rosicky hasn't performed this role or been good enough in my opinion.

It was working fine for us, what with Lennon getting 2 winning goals and a couple of assists against Hull.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Super Progress on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:50 pm

MadVillain™ wrote:
Super Granero wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Yeah, good post. Hleb 'was' an exciting player to watch, provided the system is built around him. In many ways, he made Fabregas and that whole midfield with Flamni n rosicky look brilliant that season, no?
I would say so but if you are going to have that type of player you also need somebody like Pires who could get those goals and assists on the other flank. Rosicky hasn't performed this role or been good enough in my opinion.

It was working fine for us, what with Lennon getting 2 winning goals and a couple of assists against Hull.
What I also meant is that you need somebody who can be more direct and this case a winger would be a fine choice allthough I don't know how good Lennon's stats are. Also just to get it right you are not comparing Lennon with Rosicky in terms of style?
avatar
Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Aristoskank on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Yeah, I don't think Ro-SICK-y would ever replace Pires, on the other hand the fact Nasri COULD, is something people should never forget. Whistle

Until he inevitably doesn't...
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Fade out on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Stimulus Package wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Yeah, I don't think Ro-SICK-y would ever replace Pires, on the other hand the fact Nasri COULD, is something people should never forget. Whistle

Until he inevitably doesn't...

Let's see. It's early days. Let us come back to this after a couple of seasons Cool
avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Super Granero wrote:
MadVillain™ wrote:
Super Granero wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Yeah, good post. Hleb 'was' an exciting player to watch, provided the system is built around him. In many ways, he made Fabregas and that whole midfield with Flamni n rosicky look brilliant that season, no?
I would say so but if you are going to have that type of player you also need somebody like Pires who could get those goals and assists on the other flank. Rosicky hasn't performed this role or been good enough in my opinion.

It was working fine for us, what with Lennon getting 2 winning goals and a couple of assists against Hull.
What I also meant is that you need somebody who can be more direct and this case a winger would be a fine choice allthough I don't know how good Lennon's stats are. Also just to get it right you are not comparing Lennon with Rosicky in terms of style?


ok
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Romford Pele on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Friends cheers

Sponsored content

Re: can anyone stop Tottenham winning the EPL?

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:10 am