Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by fcb on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 am

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about this, given the volume of comedy material that this club has served up in recent years.

Anyway, 4-0 defeat to a Segunda B team. Even when you take into account the fact that that starting lineup for Madrid has probably never played together even in training, 4-0 is really something.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

cheers

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:23 pm

Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Down with the Axis of Evil cheers
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Axeslammer wrote:Down with the Axis of Evil cheers

Of which Barcelona is a proud member. ok
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Madrid lose when VDV plays and Barca fans hate for Madrid is bigger then their love for their own club!

Some things will never change Rolling Eyes

Still..4-0 against a third tier team is a fucking disgrace!
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Never mind, there's always the second leg

<--- He'll be back
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:54 pm

I thought some Madrid fans claimed you don't have Ronaldo-dependencia scratch

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 pm

While Benzema keeps playing like Faubert they may have to change their mind.
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489

Post by Torrente on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Messiah wrote:

I used this EXACT same picture when we were making fun of Barcelona a few years ago Whistle

Typical of Barcelona and their fans and media - total lack of originality Laugh
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:03 pm

kas wrote:I thought some Madrid fans claimed you don't have Ronaldo-dependencia scratch

Clearly we do. Biggrin
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:05 pm

Spending 400 M to be humiliated by amateurs ?

Ah well, at least the shopping was fun....and that's core business for FC Clearinghouse de Madrid Laugh
Torrente

Post by Torrente on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:06 pm

That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've won 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Thing is when Kaka, Alonso and Ronaldo don't play and Benzema struggles to play football. That's basically 200+ million of their spend right there.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Axeslammer wrote:Spending 400 M to be humiliated by amateurs ?

Ah well, at least the shopping was fun....and that's core business for FC Clearinghouse de Madrid Laugh

Clearinghouse de Madrid CF

ok
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:08 pm

L r dd wrote:Thing is when Kaka, Alonso and Ronaldo don't play and Benzema struggles to play football. That's basically 200+ million of their spend right there.

There may be something to that but he's looked bad for quite some time now, even before Ronaldo got injured.
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Jaime wrote:
L r dd wrote:Thing is when Kaka, Alonso and Ronaldo don't play and Benzema struggles to play football. That's basically 200+ million of their spend right there.

There may be something to that but he's looked bad for quite some time now, even before Ronaldo got injured.

Not making excuses for Benzema, just saying when people talk about all that money spent and this is what you get....the money mostly went on 4 players. If 3 are not playing then the money spent can hardly be brought up.
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Jaime wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:FC Clearinghouse de Madrid Laugh

Clearinghouse de Madrid CF

ok

I thought the English drove on the wrong side, the Arabs read from the wrong side and the French put words in reverse order...

Apparently the Spanish and French have more in common than I thought Ale
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:11 pm

L r dd wrote:

Not making excuses for Benzema, just saying when people talk about all that money spent and this is what you get....the money mostly went on 4 players. If 3 are not playing then the money spent can hardly be brought up.

Doh, of course it can (and should) !

Eggs, basket and all that Ale
Torrente

Post by Torrente on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:16 pm

L r dd wrote:
Jaime wrote:

Ok, because there is no excuse for Benzema's attitude. He needs a period of adaptation like anyone else but to behave like you don't care and just walk around the pitch is not acceptable. Even if his dribblings aren't coming off or his shooting is off the least you can do is work hard on the pitch which he is not doing.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:17 pm

L r dd wrote:
Jaime wrote:

Last night:

Drenthe = 14m
Arbeloa = 3m
Albiol = 15m
VDV = 12m I think
Benzema = 30m
Diarra = 20m or something ridiculous like that
Granero = 4m

The others were free (Dudek, Metzelder) or youth team players (Guti, Raul)...100-something million is still a ridiculous amount to spend for a team that gets thrashed by a 3rd division team, esp. when you consider the terrible quality/price ratio of some of those names above.
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Jaime wrote:
Ok, because there is no excuse for Benzema's attitude. He needs a period of adaptation like anyone else but to behave like you don't care and just walk around the pitch is not acceptable. Even if his dribblings aren't coming off or his shooting is off the least you can do is work hard on the pitch which he is not doing.

Getting serious for a change : it has to worry you that a lot of players show that kind of behaviour at Real.

They can't get anywhere near their old level, look lackluster, unmotivated and out of shape. Seems to be kind of structural.

Rumour over here has it, that there's something seriously wrong with the way training is done at Real.

....I'm just looking at it from a distance, haven't got a clue what's really going on....but I really think there's something wrong within the club Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:22 pm

kas wrote:
L r dd wrote:
Jaime wrote:

Last night:

Drenthe = 14m
Arbeloa = 3m
Albiol = 15m
VDV = 12m I think
Benzema = 30m
Diarra = 20m or something ridiculous like that
Granero = 4m

The others were free (Dudek, Metzelder) or youth team players (Guti, Raul)...100-something million is still a ridiculous amount to spend for a team that gets thrashed by a 3rd division team, esp. when you consider the terrible quality/price ratio of some of those names above.

Diarra was 25m and Benzema was 35m. Not to mention 20m that we spent for Gago, 7m on Marcelo, and 17m on van Nistelrooy (who all played in the second half). Plenty of money spent to be sure. But I think LRD was refering to the summer's purchases.
Torrente

Post by Torrente on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm worried that this attitude problem seems to emerge when Florentino and Valdano are in charge. It happened with the decay of the Galacticos and we recovered the players playing for pride during Calderon's era, even if the football was crap in general. But whether Juande, Schuster, or Capello was in charge, most players left everything in the field.

Now that Florentino and Valdano are back that team spirit and effort seems to be gone again. These guys just don't seem to be tough enough on the players, while currently Pellegrini is only adding to this problem.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Torrente wrote:I'm worried that this attitude problem seems to emerge when Florentino and Valdano are in charge. It happened with the decay of the Galacticos and we recovered the players playing for pride during Calderon's era, even if the football was crap in general. But whether Juande, Schuster, or Capello was in charge, most players left everything in the field.

Now that Florentino and Valdano are back that team spirit and effort seems to be gone again. These guys just don't seem to be tough enough on the players, while currently Pellegrini is only adding to this problem.

But I would say this spirit was only really present with Capello. Maybe a little under Juande, at first, but eventually the players gave up last season and with Schuster there was no real adversity in his first season to see how they players would react and they definitely didn't have any spirit left by the time the second season under Bernardo rolled around.
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Torrente wrote:I'm worried that this attitude problem seems to emerge when Florentino and Valdano are in charge. It happened with the decay of the Galacticos and we recovered the players playing for pride during Calderon's era, even if the football was crap in general. But whether Juande, Schuster, or Capello was in charge, most players left everything in the field.

Makes sense, seems also a bit related to the troubles Bayern (there's a clear parallel between "Gallacticos" and "FC Hollywood") are having.

Strange really that being able to buy whom and what you want (or close to that), creates a problem in itself.

I should have paid more attention in school, I bet there's some kind of Economy Law that applies here.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:34 pm

And just to prove that Perez/Valdano really don't know much about football, it's also being reported that last night at halftime, Valdano went into the dressing room Doh

Maybe it's just me, but suits should never interfere in a coach's work unless the situation is at breaking point. They already "had a chat" with Pellegrini after just 1 defeat, that too away to a very good team, and now are poking their nose in during games Doh
Torrente

Post by Torrente on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Jaime wrote:

But I would say this spirit was only really present with Capello. Maybe a little under Juande, at first, but eventually the players gave up last season and with Schuster there was no real adversity in his first season to see how they players would react and they definitely didn't have any spirit left by the time the second season under Bernardo rolled around.

I disagree. Under Schuster we had plenty of heroic remontadas that we managed through pure courage and belief. That's even how we ended up winning the league in Zaragoza. In Schuster's second season I think our failures had more to do with his horrible tactics, and eventually the players lost faith in him. But we still saw flashes of that spirit toward the end of his reign, such as our near remontada against Sevilla where the idiot ref lost us the game. The same goes for Juande, where we certainly didn't have an 18-game winning streak because of quality football. It was all about belief and luck.

And never did I see the players jog around the field the way they have done under Pellegrini or under the later coaches of the Galactico era. The last 5 games under Juande come close, but the season was over so this was predictable. Juande's mistake was not to use canteranos for those games given that those players were obviously going to be on holiday for the final games of the season.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Another gem from La Liga Loca's update today:

Florentino Pérez is set to give a lecture to a university in Alicante on Wednesday night, on “the management model of Real Madrid.”

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:40 am