Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Share
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 34
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by gone on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale
avatar
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Torrente on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:47 pm

kas wrote:And just to prove that Perez/Valdano really don't know much about football, it's also being reported that last night at halftime, Valdano went into the dressing room Doh

Maybe it's just me, but suits should never interfere in a coach's work unless the situation is at breaking point. They already "had a chat" with Pellegrini after just 1 defeat, that too away to a very good team, and now are poking their nose in during games Doh

I really hope this is not true. If it is then I think Valdano should resign immediately. To undermine the coach like that in front of the players is unforgivable. Any chance that Pellegrini had to exert his authority over the players seems to have vanished now. Valdano made it clear that Pellegrini is nothing but his bitch.
avatar
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Torrente on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

Exactly. And people forget that the different seasons where Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham were bought, barely any other players (if any) were bought as well, while several players were sold. Our net spending was actually nothing out of the ordinary. ManU, Barcelona, Inter, Milan, etc. all spent similar amounts.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Torrente wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

Exactly. And people forget that the different seasons where Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham were bought, barely any other players (if any) were bought as well, while several players were sold. Our net spending was actually nothing out of the ordinary. ManU, Barcelona, Inter, Milan, etc. all spent similar amounts.

Of course they do but the haterz love to hate. Ale
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 34
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by gone on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

You are right, Figo came the summer after you won the 2nd CL. Change CL's with CL and titles and my argument still stands. <Ale>
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

You are right, Figo came the summer after you won the 2nd CL. Change CL's with CL and titles and my argument still stands. <Ale>

What is the arguement? That we won a CL trophy after buying the most expensive player in the world? Hmmm....no different than Milan I guess. Ale
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Fade out on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Kas, you have set a dangerous precedent. Watch this space. ok
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 34
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by gone on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

You are right, Figo came the summer after you won the 2nd CL. Change CL's with CL and titles and my argument still stands. <Ale>

What is the arguement? That we won a CL trophy after buying the most expensive player in the world? Hmmm....no different than Milan I guess. Ale

Yes
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by fcb on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:02 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Kas, you have set a dangerous precedent. Watch this space. ok

Not really, the precedent was set by the numerous "let's laugh at..." threads that already abound on this board. Hence my surprise that someone (me Biggrin ) hadn't already started one for Madrid at some point last season.

But yes, like the Barcelona 0-0 tracker, I'm fully aware that there could be a Barça one at some point. Laporta certainly tries hard to give you guys some material to work with Very Happy

I'm optimistic there won't be any hiccups tonight though. Madrid's result last night will save Guardiola the trouble of a team talk Wink
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

You are right, Figo came the summer after you won the 2nd CL. Change CL's with CL and titles and my argument still stands. <Ale>

What is the arguement? That we won a CL trophy after buying the most expensive player in the world? Hmmm....no different than Milan I guess. Ale

Yes

scratch
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 53
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Fade out on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 pm

Yet you are allowed to wank about Milan, and we are not. Laughing
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:05 pm

kas wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Kas, you have set a dangerous precedent. Watch this space. ok

Not really, the precedent was set by the numerous "let's laugh at..." threads that already abound on this board. Hence my surprise that someone (me Biggrin ) hadn't already started one for Madrid at some point last season.

But yes, like the Barcelona 0-0 tracker, I'm fully aware that there could be a Barça one at some point. Laporta certainly tries hard to give you guys some material to work with Very Happy

I'm optimistic there won't be any hiccups tonight though. Madrid's result last night will save Guardiola the trouble of a team talk Wink

We deserve it after last night to be honest.
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 34
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by gone on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

You are right, Figo came the summer after you won the 2nd CL. Change CL's with CL and titles and my argument still stands. <Ale>

What is the arguement? That we won a CL trophy after buying the most expensive player in the world? Hmmm....no different than Milan I guess. Ale

Yes

scratch

Read the bold text again.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Jaime on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

You are right, Figo came the summer after you won the 2nd CL. Change CL's with CL and titles and my argument still stands. <Ale>

What is the arguement? That we won a CL trophy after buying the most expensive player in the world? Hmmm....no different than Milan I guess. Ale

Yes

scratch

Read the bold text again.

I did and I still don't see your point. You think we spent a lot of money? You think we bought titles?

elbecko

Number of posts : 1129
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by elbecko on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:That being said, few teams can say anything about Real Madrid. In this decade alone we've wonbought 2 CL titles and 4 league titles. I can't imagine many teams who can make fun of that.

Not many clubs can print their own money.

In most countries that would be considered cheating and in some it's impossible because it's against the rules Ale

Every team has "bought" their titles to some extent. It's actually only been in the last 4 seasons where Real Madrid has spent mad money, and these years have been less successful than in the beginning of the decade. There have always been plenty of clubs that have spent a similar amount to Real Madrid.

lol! You got to love the world Real fans live in. Real broke the record fee with Figo and Zidane in the beginning of the decade when you won those CL's.

Only one CL came from the galacticos. The others were all pre-Florentino. Ale

You are right, Figo came the summer after you won the 2nd CL. Change CL's with CL and titles and my argument still stands. <Ale>

What is the arguement? That we won a CL trophy after buying the most expensive player in the world? Hmmm....no different than Milan I guess. Ale

Yes

scratch

Read the bold text again.
Chelsea...?
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Super Progress on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:41 pm

kas wrote:
Unflinching Frenchman wrote:Kas, you have set a dangerous precedent. Watch this space. ok

Not really, the precedent was set by the numerous "let's laugh at..." threads that already abound on this board. Hence my surprise that someone (me Biggrin ) hadn't already started one for Madrid at some point last season.

But yes, like the Barcelona 0-0 tracker, I'm fully aware that there could be a Barça one at some point. Laporta certainly tries hard to give you guys some material to work with Very Happy

I'm optimistic there won't be any hiccups tonight though. Madrid's result last night will save Guardiola the trouble of a team talk Wink
It is well within your rights to make this thread. Like you I was quite surprised nobody made a mention of it. I don't know if we will be able to make fun of Barca while Laporta is still in charge. He might be kind of dumb but the club as a whole works quite fine which is direct contradiction with everything that the Big 2 stand for in La Liga. Hopefully when Rosell takes over the fun will begin.
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 34
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by gone on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:42 am

Jaime wrote:I did and I still don't see your point. You think we spent a lot of money? You think we bought titles?

He said Real only spend a lot of money in the last 4 years or so. I was saying that Real also spend a lot of money in the beginning of this decade.
avatar
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by King Modric on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:11 am

Axeslammer wrote:
Torrente wrote:I'm worried that this attitude problem seems to emerge when Florentino and Valdano are in charge. It happened with the decay of the Galacticos and we recovered the players playing for pride during Calderon's era, even if the football was crap in general. But whether Juande, Schuster, or Capello was in charge, most players left everything in the field.

Now that Florentino and Valdano are back that team spirit and effort seems to be gone again. These guys just don't seem to be tough enough on the players, while currently Pellegrini is only adding to this problem.

Makes sense, seems also a bit related to the troubles Bayern (there's a clear parallel between "Gallacticos" and "FC Hollywood") are having.

Strange really that being able to buy whom and what you want (or close to that), creates a problem in itself.

I should have paid more attention in school, I bet there's some kind of Economy Law that applies here.

The parallel between Bayern and Madrid is that at both clubs the manager always takes the fall for things. And thus the situation is created where the players don't respect the manager and can have poor attitudes because they don't worry about the consequences the manager can impose on them. Every manager needs to be able to impose serious consequences in order to keep everyone in line. When you change managers all the time, the players know the manager hasn't got the authority to do much.
avatar
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Torrente on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:43 am

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:I did and I still don't see your point. You think we spent a lot of money? You think we bought titles?

He said Real only spend a lot of money in the last 4 years or so. I was saying that Real also spend a lot of money in the beginning of this decade.

I said MAD money, meaning spending regularly over 100 million Euros on a summer, etc.

Our net spending in the beginning of the decade was nothing out of the ordinary. That was my main point. So Real Madrid didn't spend much differently than Barcelona, Inter, ManU, etc.
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 34
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by gone on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 am

Torrente wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:I did and I still don't see your point. You think we spent a lot of money? You think we bought titles?

He said Real only spend a lot of money in the last 4 years or so. I was saying that Real also spend a lot of money in the beginning of this decade.

I said MAD money, meaning spending regularly over 100 million Euros on a summer, etc.

Our net spending in the beginning of the decade was nothing out of the ordinary. That was my main point. So Real Madrid didn't spend much differently than Barcelona, Inter, ManU, etc.

You broke the record twice. If that is nothing out of the ordinary ...
avatar
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Torrente on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 am

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote:
Edin Dzeko wrote:
Jaime wrote:I did and I still don't see your point. You think we spent a lot of money? You think we bought titles?

He said Real only spend a lot of money in the last 4 years or so. I was saying that Real also spend a lot of money in the beginning of this decade.

I said MAD money, meaning spending regularly over 100 million Euros on a summer, etc.

Our net spending in the beginning of the decade was nothing out of the ordinary. That was my main point. So Real Madrid didn't spend much differently than Barcelona, Inter, ManU, etc.

You broke the record twice. If that is nothing out of the ordinary ...

Relative to the other big clubs it isn't. It's simply a different way of allocating money. The summer the club bought Ronaldo, the net spending was around 25 million Euros. The summer the club bought Beckham the net spending was barely 10 million Euros. The summers Zidane and Figo were bought the net spending was high, but no higher than around 50 million Euros since not many more players were bought and several were sold.

Teams like Barcelona and Milan did it differently by spending 20-30 million in a bunch of different players, taking their net spending often to a higher level than Real Madrid. So why is Madrid's spending worse only because it was focused on fewer players? It's simply stupid to criticize Real Madrid because of that while letting off the other clubs.

And are you a Milan fan? Because if so you should really keep your mouth shut since you have no business complaining about over-spending.
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by fcb on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 am

A surprising but interesting stat from an otherwise exaggerated article from Sid Lowe in the Guardian:

Casillas has made more saves than any keeper in La Liga.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/oct/28/real-madrid-alcoron-copa-del-rey
avatar
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Age : 34
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by gone on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:27 am

Torrente wrote: Relative to the other big clubs it isn't. It's simply a different way of allocating money. The summer the club bought Ronaldo, the net spending was around 25 million Euros. The summer the club bought Beckham the net spending was barely 10 million Euros. The summers Zidane and Figo were bought the net spending was high, but no higher than around 50 million Euros since not many more players were bought and several were sold.

Teams like Barcelona and Milan did it differently by spending 20-30 million in a bunch of different players, taking their net spending often to a higher level than Real Madrid. So why is Madrid's spending worse only because it was focused on fewer players? It's simply stupid to criticize Real Madrid because of that while letting off the other clubs.

And are you a Milan fan? Because if so you should really keep your mouth shut since you have no business complaining about over-spending.

Were did you get those numbers from? And yes, other clubs spend a lot of money on players but are usually within the market value at that time.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 39
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Jaime on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm

I still don't know what ED's big complaint is. But coming from a Milan fan any kind of criticism regarding spending is kind of empty considering they broke the world transfer record twice in one summer.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:37 pm

kas wrote:A surprising but interesting stat from an otherwise exaggerated article from Sid Lowe in the Guardian:

Casillas has made more saves than any keeper in La Liga.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/oct/28/real-madrid-alcoron-copa-del-rey

He loves those camera shots ok
avatar
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Age : 27
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by TM on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Camera saves*
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:15 pm

By camera shots...I meant "shots" taken by cameras.
avatar
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Age : 27
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by TM on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Chinteresting!

Imagine if Iker was in goal midweek YikesWink
avatar
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Age : 32
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Torrente on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Torrente wrote: Relative to the other big clubs it isn't. It's simply a different way of allocating money. The summer the club bought Ronaldo, the net spending was around 25 million Euros. The summer the club bought Beckham the net spending was barely 10 million Euros. The summers Zidane and Figo were bought the net spending was high, but no higher than around 50 million Euros since not many more players were bought and several were sold.

Teams like Barcelona and Milan did it differently by spending 20-30 million in a bunch of different players, taking their net spending often to a higher level than Real Madrid. So why is Madrid's spending worse only because it was focused on fewer players? It's simply stupid to criticize Real Madrid because of that while letting off the other clubs.

And are you a Milan fan? Because if so you should really keep your mouth shut since you have no business complaining about over-spending.

Were did you get those numbers from? And yes, other clubs spend a lot of money on players but are usually within the market value at that time.

I know the figures roughly off the top of my head since I've gotten into this argument before, but you can find the records in Marca (though the transfer fees aren't listed there). This is a sample of 2003 for example:

http://archivo.marca.com/futbol/altasbajas03/primera.html

As you can see only Beckham was purchased (if I remember correctly he cost about 35 million Euros), while the likes of Makalele, Geremi, and Flavio Conceiçao were all sold (all their transfer fees may have even gotten our net spending close to 0).

And I don't see the Zidane or Figo fees to be any less ridiculous than what Real Madrid paid for Sneijder, what Barcelona paid for Cáceres or Saviola, what ManU paid for Ferdinand and Berbatov, what Lazio paid for Mendieta, etc. At least the Madrid players gave back their transfer fees through commercial endorsements alone, not to mention the titles they helped us win.

And wasn't Milan that paid over 20 million Euros for Pato while he was only 17, almost completely unproven and had barely played a season in the Brasilian league? Oh, but because it's Milan and the gamble paid off I guess it doesn't really matter.

Sponsored content

Re: Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 am