Let's talk about Cesc baby...all summer long

Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Let's talk about Cesc baby...all summer long

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:53 pm

This is incredibly boring, and everyone has been going round in circles for the past few months.

Cut of the cut is, that unless Barca offer at least 50m POUNDS, Cesc will not be going anywhere.

We are not in a position where we need to sell, whilst our squad finally looks like it has some depth to it and we are getting closer to a trophy.

Also, as Shaz said, Cesc is not the sort of person to hold a grudge, like Aliadebayor. Wenger knows how important he is to the club, so I don't see it happening this summer anyway.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Romford Pele wrote:This is incredibly boring, and everyone has been going round in circles for the past few months.

Cut of the cut is, that unless Barca offer at least 50m POUNDS, Cesc will not be going anywhere.

We are not in a position where we need to sell, whilst our squad finally looks like it has some depth to it and we are getting closer to a trophy.

Also, as Shaz said, Cesc is not the sort of person to hold a grudge, like Aliadebayor. Wenger knows how important he is to the club, so I don't see it happening this summer anyway.

You're really not.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 pm

You believe what you want to believe Lerd. Just concentrate on your own teams shortcomings.

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 pm

United won a trophy and were close to two others. Arsenal were nowhere and rarely are. I'm just telling you the facts. Deal with the truth like Cesc has and maybe Wenger will wake up Ale
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The Pröfessör on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Hem fet un.. wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Hem fet un.. wrote:
The Professor wrote:
fcb wrote:
Yes, because signing him from a regional team at the age of 10 is the same as signing him from the academy of another big club by taking advantage of a loophole in the contract laws Rolling Eyes

Hem fet un.. wrote:

No, basically it says that it is time for Arsenal to act a bit more realistically. It is a player that wants to leave, that was signed due to the fact that contracts cant be made at that age in Spain (which Arsenal then did for a second time with Merida, and seems to be doing as a general rule all over Europe).

You two are jokers.

We did to Barca exactly what they did to Mataro(Fabregas' 1st club). Difference is, we do it when players are 15, 16 or older whilst u do it when they are younger. You go to these regional clubs and take all their best players from them, nothing they can do coz players can't sign contract aged 10 or 11.

“.........At half-time I asked the coach why I had not seen this kid before. He admitted that when he saw me coming, he had decided not to play him because he knew that if I saw him I would take him.”

Those quotes are from the Barca scout who discovered Fabregas.

As i said, get over it, just because he spent 6 years at your club doesn't mean you own him forever.

We made a lot of sacrifices, took a lot of risk to develop Cesc to the player he's. Wenger sold our captain and a player who was the backbone to all our trophy winning sides to make way for a kid who could barely talk. We changed our style of play and built our team around him. Not that we couldn't afford better players who could give us better chance of winning trophies, but we did that with the belief that this kid would one day be good enough to lead us trophies. And just when he's good enough to do that you want us to gift him to u(yes 30m for Cesc is a gift)? Fuck off!

Oh i forgot to add, be happy he signed for us which means u always have the chance of signing him coz he was thinking of joining Espanyol which would have made it virtually impossible for u to ever sign him again.

Hem fet un.. wrote: Also that Wenger and co should make a statue of Laporta and Gaspart due to the fact that Barcelona has poured close to a 100M into Arsenal for a large number of players of dubious quality. So now that Barcelona is ready to pay a good price for a player that was raised at the club and wants to come home, Arsenal needs to act with some realism and allow the player to go.

I'd like to visit Catalonia one day, great comedians u have over there.

We did not force u to buy our players. Most of those players were key members of our team, so it's not like u helped us by getting rid of our weak links. We gave u Hleb for peanuts which affected us badly and we even had to buy 2 players to give us what Hleb used to do. If anything we shoud be mad at u for fucking up our season.

The fact that u can't get the players to perform at the required level is entirely your fault, coz they all did when they were with us.

Did you miss the part where I said that this wasnt my point of view??? If you check then I am not exactly the one who is begging for Cesc to join us.

NO I didn't, it was for your other comments that I called u a joker. I just included that bit to make a general comment on Barca fans thinking what we did to them was any different to what they do to plenty other clubs in their region.

Ahh ok. I am not obsessed with signing Cesc but I must admit that I find the righteous indignation of Arsenal fans hilarious considering the way that Arsenal "signed" Cesc and Merida from us Smile

We know that we are no Angels Hem fet un

I'm sure most Barca fans would have been pissed off too if they were in our shoes.

The arrogance and disrespect towards us have been unbearable. It's like we are Wigan Athletic. I dunno I have always liked and admired Barca for the way you play the game and the philosophy of bringing young players through, but I don't think any team has pissed me off as much as u have done this summer.

Last edited by The Professor on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:04 pm

L r dd wrote:United won a trophy and were close to two others. Arsenal were nowhere and rarely are. I'm just telling you the facts. Deal with the truth like Cesc has and maybe Wenger will wake up Ale

We were nowhere.... Should I go and dish up a couple quotes from last season, where you were worried about us winning the title? Please don't backtrack and contradict yourself.

Enjoy your bubble cockney red Ale

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
L r dd wrote:United won a trophy and were close to two others. Arsenal were nowhere and rarely are. I'm just telling you the facts. Deal with the truth like Cesc has and maybe Wenger will wake up Ale

We were nowhere.... Should I go and dish up a couple quotes from last season, where you were worried about us winning the title? Please don't backtrack and contradict yourself.

Oh so you came close to winning the title....you finished 11 points behind the leaders mate. Please wake up someday soon Doh
The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Jaime wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Hem fet un.. wrote:
The Professor wrote:
fcb wrote:
Yes, because signing him from a regional team at the age of 10 is the same as signing him from the academy of another big club by taking advantage of a loophole in the contract laws Rolling Eyes

Hem fet un.. wrote:

No, basically it says that it is time for Arsenal to act a bit more realistically. It is a player that wants to leave, that was signed due to the fact that contracts cant be made at that age in Spain (which Arsenal then did for a second time with Merida, and seems to be doing as a general rule all over Europe).

You two are jokers.

We did to Barca exactly what they did to Mataro(Fabregas' 1st club). Difference is, we do it when players are 15, 16 or older whilst u do it when they are younger. You go to these regional clubs and take all their best players from them, nothing they can do coz players can't sign contract aged 10 or 11.

“.........At half-time I asked the coach why I had not seen this kid before. He admitted that when he saw me coming, he had decided not to play him because he knew that if I saw him I would take him.”

As i said, get over it, just because he spent 6 years at your club doesn't mean you own him forever.

We made a lot of sacrifices, took a lot of risk to develop Cesc to the player he's. Wenger sold our captain and a player who was the backbone to all our trophy winning sides to make way for a kid who could barely talk. We changed our style of play and built our team around him. Not that we couldn't afford better players who could give us better chance of winning trophies, but we did that with the belief that this kid would one day be good enough to lead us trophies. And just when he's good enough to do that you want us to gift him to u(yes 30m for Cesc is a gift)? Fuck off!

Oh i forgot to add, be happy he signed for us which means u always have the chance of signing him coz he was thinking of joining Espanyol which would have made it virtually impossible for u to ever sign him again.

Hem fet un.. wrote: Also that Wenger and co should make a statue of Laporta and Gaspart due to the fact that Barcelona has poured close to a 100M into Arsenal for a large number of players of dubious quality. So now that Barcelona is ready to pay a good price for a player that was raised at the club and wants to come home, Arsenal needs to act with some realism and allow the player to go.

We did not force u to buy our players. Most of those players were key members of our team, so it's not like u helped us by getting rid of our weak links. We gave u Hleb for peanuts which affected us badly and we even had to buy 2 players to give us what Hleb used to do. If anything we shoud be mad at u for fucking up our season.

The fact that u can't get the players to perform at the required level is entirely your fault, coz they all did when they were with us.

Did you miss the part where I said that this wasnt my point of view??? If you check then I am not exactly the one who is begging for Cesc to join us.

The Professor! cheers lol!

So from everything that has been posted here and heavily debated that is what u found most worthy to comment on? And u actually find it funny....

Not the 1st time u have done it with discussions where I'm involved in, u must be a very lonely 31 year old.

I simply cannot believe how easily wound up you get over rumours and banter and the like. You were probably fabulously offended when they put the Barcelona shirt on Cesc at the WC celebrations. And for what? Cesc is still an Arsenal player.

No.

I noticed a pattern, so i thought it was something personal.

But if it was just banter, then forget it <Ale>

Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:09 pm

L r dd wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:

Oh so you came close to winning the title....you finished 11 points behind the leaders mate. Please wake up someday soon Doh

It'll be interesting to see what opinions you form and bandwagons you jump on this season.

Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:09 pm

The Professor wrote:
Hem fet un.. wrote:
The Professor wrote:
Hem fet un.. wrote:
The Professor wrote:
fcb wrote:

Hem fet un.. wrote:

You two are jokers.

NO I didn't, it was for your other comments that I called u a joker. I just included that bit to make a general comment on Barca fans thinking what we did to them was any different to what they do to plenty other clubs in their region.

Ahh ok. I am not obsessed with signing Cesc but I must admit that I find the righteous indignation of Arsenal fans hilarious considering the way that Arsenal "signed" Cesc and Merida from us Smile

We know that we are no Angels Hem fet un

I'm sure most have Barca would have been pissed off too if they were in our shoes.
The arrogance and disrespect towards us have been unbearable. It's like we are Wigan Athletic. I dunno I have always liked and admired Barca for the way you play the game and the philosophy of bringing young players through, but I don't think any team has pissed me off as much as u have done this summer.

Of course we would be pissed off.. No doubt about that. As for the arrogance and disrespect then you have mostly the Spanish press to thank for that. They have been going at this thing without stopping, and, while you may say that the players should shot up, then he is their friend and many of them can remember him while he was at the club. So it is a special situation.

It never happened with Villa for instance.. or Henry for that matter (at least not to that degree)

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Romford Pele wrote:
L r dd wrote:
Romford Pele wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what opinions you form and bandwagons you jump on this season.

Tipping Arsenal not to win anything would be like predicting Kimbo to moan it's not worth any points. My bandwagon was Spurs for the top 4 and they did it. I'm consistently on the money.

I still am not sure what Arsenal came close to winning.

Prem 11 points off
FA cup buried in the 5th round
Carling cup no idea didn't get close
CL hammered 4-1 by Barca in the quarters or before
What exactly will change..it's been the same shit for 5 years
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Didn't you also say Arsenal would finish like 6th? Exactly. Point proven.

You don't half talk out of your arse.
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Cut of the cut is, that unless Barca offer at least 50m POUNDS, Cesc will not be going anywhere.

Then you'll get your wish and he'll stay. Barcelona won't pay £50m for someone who's likely to spend much of the next 2-3 seasons starting games on the bench.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 am

Romford Pele wrote:Cut of the cut is, that unless Barca offer at least 50m POUNDS, Cesc will not be going anywhere.

shazlx wrote:
L r dd wrote:You realize Cesc wants to leave...
So? Why should we sell him for less than what we value him at? If he want's to leave so badly and Barcelona can't afford our valuation then he can make up the difference. And if he can't then all these Barcelona players who so desperately want to play with him can chip in to help him out. Do they think they are going to force Arsenal to accept a lower fee just because they keep begging.

So is he "not for sale" or is he "not for sale unless the price is right"? There's a difference, and with Arsenal it's usually the latter. As lrd said, you have proven yourself to be a selling club thanks to some of Wenger's principles regarding player contracts and transfers.

----------------------

The Professor wrote:
fcb wrote:

Hem fet un.. wrote:

You two are jokers.

Spot the difference:

1. A player leaves a tiny club that can't offer him a pro contract for a big club that can't offer him a pro contract

2. A player leaves a big club that can't offer him a pro contract for a big club that can offer him a pro contract.

(I recognise that in both cases there's one similarity - the player was improving his short-term career from a purely footballing perspective. ie. in terms of playing time, speed at which he progresses to the top level, etc.)

He wouldn't have stayed at Mataro for life, regardless of whether Barça took him or not. But he could have maybe stayed at Barça for life (saving us 40m euros) if Arsenal hadn't taken him.

It's natural in football for talented players to move from small regional clubs to the academies of big clubs. It's not natural (or at least wasn't until Arsenal started doing it) for talented players to move from the academy of one big club to another by exploiting legal loopholes.

----------------------

The Professor wrote:As i said, get over it, just because he spent 6 years at your club doesn't mean you own him forever.

From Wiki:
Fàbregas has supported Barcelona since childhood and went to his first match when he was nine months old with his grandfather

Add that to Cesc's comments this summer, and it sounds to me like he does belong to Barça ok

----------------------

The Professor wrote:We made a lot of sacrifices, took a lot of risk to develop Cesc to the player he's. Wenger sold our captain and a player who was the backbone to all our trophy winning sides to make way for a kid who could barely talk. We changed our style of play and built our team around him. Not that we couldn't afford better players who could give us better chance of winning trophies, but we did that with the belief that this kid would one day be good enough to lead us trophies. And just when he's good enough to do that you want us to gift him to u(yes 30m for Cesc is a gift)? Fuck off!

Well done. Tell me why Barça should give a fuck about all this. The club is offering you 40m euros for all your efforts.

And he was already good enough to lead you to trophies a couple of years ago. But Wenger has not done enough to support him and provide the other components required to win trophies. He's not going to wait around forever, hence his choice to leave.

"Kid who could barely talk"...he wasn't disabled ffs lol!

----------------------

The Professor wrote:

I don't agree with that point of view either, that Arsenal should thank Barça that we overpaid for their players, etc. etc. At the end of the day it's the fault of the buying club if they evaluated a player wrongly in terms of quality and/or price.

But all this nonsense about "we gave you Hleb for peanuts...we had to buy 2 players to give us what Hleb used to do". Well then why on earth did you sell him? Or let me put it another way - why did yet another top player of yours want to leave? Think about that, instead of getting outraged at buying clubs.

----------------------

To summarise: many of us Barça fans have said multiple times that we have mixed feelings about this transfer anyway...we feel the fee is still too high...and we don't mind if the club waits till next summer to sign him.

As I pointed out in the first part of this post, Arsenal have to decide whether he's for sale or not. Then look within your club and at your manager for the reasons why *every season*, one or more of your best players want to leave. That's why you "get treated like Wigan Athletic".

Perhaps you don't like the fact that your captain and best player wants to leave, and are manifesting this disappointment as anger towards Barça, since you have a convenient reason of "their players are mouthing off too much in the press".

I agree that Barça have definitely acted unethically in this transfer saga, but as others in the thread have said, it has been heavily encouraged (whether directly or indirectly) by Cesc's own intentions, which he only made explicitly clear for the first time this summer.
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Supports : Arsenal FC

Post by Cesc Soler on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

So aside from the talk of history, footballing morals & funnies from the Spanish media do we actually have any more news on this topic? The last I read was that Wenger and Gazidis have both flown out to Austria for our pre-season preparations so if the reports that Rosell will come over to London are true he will find no-one of significance to talk too.
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 am

No, nothing in the past couple of days...and nothing about Rosell's planned trip to London either. I think Barça will stay quiet for now and then try to start negotiations again towards the end of July.
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm

There's not going to be any negotiations.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6270972,00.html

So now you want to be friends? scratch

Bit too late for that don't you think Doh

Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Cesc Soler wrote:So aside from the talk of history, footballing morals & funnies from the Spanish media do we actually have any more news on this topic? The last I read was that Wenger and Gazidis have both flown out to Austria for our pre-season preparations so if the reports that Rosell will come over to London are true he will find no-one of significance to talk too.

Only that Rosell team has said that relations with Arsenal are tense due to the previous management, and then repeating the mantra that they would love Cesc but wont do anything outragious.

I think you Arsenal fans can breathe easily until next May or so..
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:48 am

Ooooh! TOMA! Wink
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:39 am

Daily Mail make up a story about Cesc putting in a transfer request, and SPORT get all excited...it's on their cover today Laughing

In the meantime, here's some good material for Arsenal fans to work with (I don't know how reliable the Daily Express is, it could be they made this up like those Puyol quotes recently):

"We know where Cesc wants to be this coming season, but perhaps there is not enough time for Barcelona and Arsenal to agree a deal,'' Xavi told the Daily Express. "Arsenal need to understand they are only delaying the inevitable. If we don't manage to get his signature this season then Arsenal only really have him on loan for a year - because there is nothing they can do to stop him joining next summer.

"I haven't given up on him joining us this season but, if he doesn't, it won't be more than a year before he is back home. His people will have a whole season to sort out the deal between the two clubs and it will happen at the very latest next summer.''

"We were all with him for five weeks in South Africa and we know he wants to be at Barcelona, he made it very clear,'' Xavi said. "But he will under no circumstances do anything that will upset the Arsenal fans. And that's probably why we are going to have to wait for him for another year.''
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Supports : Arsenal FC

Post by Cesc Soler on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 am

The comments don't bother me so much any more, it's all the same sort of stuff anyway.

Pretty sad for Xavi that the summer he wins the WC, he stays home with a microphone constantly held towards his mouth.
fcb

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 am

Better than having other things in your mouth Yikes Laughing

Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Cesc Soler wrote:The comments don't bother me so much any more, it's all the same sort of stuff anyway.

Pretty sad for Xavi that the summer he wins the WC, he stays home with a microphone constantly held towards his mouth.

Ale
Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW

Post by Dick Grayson on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:54 pm

The Cesc fab transfer saga has become totallly GAY!
Romford Pele

Post by Romford Pele on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Gayer than the Ronaldo one?
Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW

Post by Dick Grayson on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Romford Pele wrote:Gayer than the Ronaldo one?

Way more!!!
The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:05 pm

fcb wrote:
1. A player leaves a tiny club that can't offer him a pro contract for a big club that can't offer him a pro contract

2. A player leaves a big club that can't offer him a pro contract for a big club that can offer him a pro contract.

(I recognise that in both cases there's one similarity - the player was improving his short-term career from a purely footballing perspective. ie. in terms of playing time, speed at which he progresses to the top level, etc.)

He wouldn't have stayed at Mataro for life, regardless of whether Barça took him or not. But he could have maybe stayed at Barça for life (saving us 40m euros) if Arsenal hadn't taken him.

It's natural in football for talented players to move from small regional clubs to the academies of big clubs. It's not natural (or at least wasn't until Arsenal started doing it) for talented players to move from the academy of one big club to another by exploiting legal loopholes.

Why does it really matter whether he's moving from one big club to another? He left under similar circumstances in the sense that both clubs were unwilling to let him go but they could do nothing to stop him coz he was not legally bounded to them. No he wouldn't have stayed at Mataro forever, but these teams would be more competitive if they managed to keep all their best talents and they could generate far more income by selling these players at a later date.

fcb wrote:
The Professor wrote:As i said, get over it, just because he spent 6 years at your club doesn't mean you own him forever.

From Wiki:
Fàbregas has supported Barcelona since childhood and went to his first match when he was nine months old with his grandfather

Add that to Cesc's comments this summer, and it sounds to me like he does belong to Barça ok

Sorry to break this to u; players support one club but end up playing for clubs they've never supported for their whole career. The fact that Barca are the biggest club Catalonia only makes it logical(more likely) he'd grow up supporting them. But as I said earlier, he was thinking of joining Espanyol before Arsenal came in for him, that should tell u everything. You do not own him.

fcb wrote:
The Professor wrote:We made a lot of sacrifices, took a lot of risk to develop Cesc to the player he's. Wenger sold our captain and a player who was the backbone to all our trophy winning sides to make way for a kid who could barely talk. We changed our style of play and built our team around him. Not that we couldn't afford better players who could give us better chance of winning trophies, but we did that with the belief that this kid would one day be good enough to lead us trophies. And just when he's good enough to do that you want us to gift him to u(yes 30m for Cesc is a gift)? Fuck off!

Well done. Tell me why Barça should give a fuck about all this. The club is offering you 40m euros for all your efforts.

And he was already good enough to lead you to trophies a couple of years ago. But Wenger has not done enough to support him and provide the other components required to win trophies. He's not going to wait around forever, hence his choice to leave.

"Kid who could barely talk"...he wasn't disabled ffs lol!

Tell me, why should we then give a fuck about the fact that he spent 6 years of life with u? He's an Arsenal player for 5 more years, and he's not for sale but if we are going to sell him then u guys have to pay his market value(which is far more than 40m euros). Either pay the cash or shut up(i'm looking at u Xavi), we don't care about his history in Catalonia.

And no he wasn't good enough to lead us to trophies.

fcb wrote:
To summarise: many of us Barça fans have said multiple times that we have mixed feelings about this transfer anyway...we feel the fee is still too high...and we don't mind if the club waits till next summer to sign him.

As I pointed out in the first part of this post, Arsenal have to decide whether he's for sale or not. Then look within your club and at your manager for the reasons why *every season*, one or more of your best players want to leave. That's why you "get treated like Wigan Athletic".

Perhaps you don't like the fact that your captain and best player wants to leave, and are manifesting this disappointment as anger towards Barça, since you have a convenient reason of "their players are mouthing off too much in the press".

I agree that Barça have definitely acted unethically in this transfer saga, but as others in the thread have said, it has been heavily encouraged (whether directly or indirectly) by Cesc's own intentions, which he only made explicitly clear for the first time this summer.

See it seems there is a big problem with your eye sight over there in Catalonia, don't they have specsavers?

"We have followed recent speculation linking Cesc with a move away from the Club but as there has never been any official approach for him, only two informal exchanges, in which we made it abundantly clear that we have no interest in transferring Cesc, we have refrained from publicly passing comment. However, yesterday evening we received an offer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain.

"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enter into any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they will respect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."

Tell me how the fuck is that not clear enough?

Do we have to write 'HE'S NOT FOR SALE' on his forehead before u get it?
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Well any player is for sale really. Or at least most players are, it is just a question of getting the right price. From all the rumours it seems to me that Arsenal simply want a larger number.

I doubt Barcelona would keep making bids if they hadn't gotten some signal that they were simply not offering enough money. Now this isn't particularly strange behaviour and a good way to raise the price is simply to say he isn't for sale. Now I don't think Arsenal wants to sell him but Barcelona come with an offer of 60M-70M I think Arsenal would take it.
Arsenal are doing the smart thing so far so I don't get what Kas is saying about them making up their mind.

Again Barcelona doesn't owe Arsenal anything and vice versa.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 pm

So what? A club can say "He's not for sale!" all they want, but once the player makes up his mind to go, it's only a matter of time.

Ferguson on C.Ronaldo/Madrid "I wouldn't sell them a virus"

Remember this: http://www.europeanboard.net/english-football-f3/spurs-complain-over-duo-t17277.htm

What was the outcome?

Arsenal are better off taking the deal now, as his value could not be any higher, rather than having Cesc sulking & performing below-par for the upcoming season and selling him for a lower price because of that, like happened with Vieira & Henry in the past.

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Bit laughable saying Cesc wasnt good enough to win us a trophy...he was your team wasnt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am