integration: should players sing national anthems

Share

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 pm

I make prefect sense. Balotelli is NOT Italian. He was born to Ghanian parents. Both of them. I don't believe he has a real affirnity with Italy. This is NOTHING like Rio. You people are totally ignorant.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 pm

110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:So born to an English mother in South London and totally English in his ways and you think he's St Lucian? This makes no sense.

but balotelli has both italian parents and was born in italy!!!!

Doh

No he doesn't.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 pm

L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:So born to an English mother in South London and totally English in his ways and you think he's St Lucian? This makes no sense.

but balotelli has both italian parents and was born in italy!!!!

Doh

No he doesn't.

the people he calls mama and papa are his parents and they are italian, not the people who gave birth to him and abandoned him and he doesn't know

You say you are not racist but bluenine is correct, you see balotelli, you see black, you see non-italian, if he had been white and adopted by italians this wouldn't even be a discussion for us and a racist rant for you Very Happy

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:16 pm

110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:So born to an English mother in South London and totally English in his ways and you think he's St Lucian? This makes no sense.

but balotelli has both italian parents and was born in italy!!!!

Doh

No he doesn't.

the people he calls mama and papa are his parents and they are italian, not the people who gave birth to him and abandoned him and he doesn't know

You say you are not racist but bluenine is correct, you see balotelli, you see black, you see non-italian, if he had been white and adopted by italians this wouldn't even be a discussion for us and a racist rant for you Very Happy

Yeah call people racist when your argument falls short. Why don't i mind Heskey or Rio if i am racist?

Balotelli got Italian citizenship in 2008 ffs. Yeah he is true blood Italian sure.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:22 pm

L r dd wrote:I make prefect sense. Balotelli is NOT Italian. He was born to Ghanian parents. Both of them. I don't believe he has a real affirnity with Italy. This is NOTHING like Rio. You people are totally ignorant.

Heksey was born to Antiguan parents. Therefore he's not English. Rolling Eyes

Your beliefs about Balotelli are bullshit. You don't know anything about him. He's lived in Italy all his life and was adopted by Italian parents. One thing is for sure, he has more affinity with Italy than he does with Ghana.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:31 pm

L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:So born to an English mother in South London and totally English in his ways and you think he's St Lucian? This makes no sense.

but balotelli has both italian parents and was born in italy!!!!

Doh

No he doesn't.

the people he calls mama and papa are his parents and they are italian, not the people who gave birth to him and abandoned him and he doesn't know

You say you are not racist but bluenine is correct, you see balotelli, you see black, you see non-italian, if he had been white and adopted by italians this wouldn't even be a discussion for us and a racist rant for you Very Happy

Yeah call people racist when your argument falls short. Why don't i mind Heskey or Rio if i am racist?

Balotelli got Italian citizenship in 2008 ffs. Yeah he is true blood Italian sure.

Yes and lee bowyer's not racist as he has many black friends.

You argument was that you didn't accept where he was born and it was about parentage and both Balotelli's parents are 100% italian, whereas rio's are not. Your arguments are nonsensical and I regret being the 3rd or 4th person to try and point it out to someone with limited brain function.

here's an argument for you:
Balotelli had to wait until his 18th birthday in order to request Italian citizenship, as his adoption was never made definitive, which he officially gained on 13 August 2008

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:33 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
L r dd wrote:I make prefect sense. Balotelli is NOT Italian. He was born to Ghanian parents. Both of them. I don't believe he has a real affirnity with Italy. This is NOTHING like Rio. You people are totally ignorant.

Heksey was born to Antiguan parents. Therefore he's not English. Rolling Eyes

Your beliefs about Balotelli are bullshit. You don't know anything about him. He's lived in Italy all his life and was adopted by Italian parents. One thing is for sure, he has more affinity with Italy than he does with Ghana.

One thing is for sure and that is a dude with an English parent living in England hating England should not be trying to lecture somebody on Balotelli. You are clueless end of story.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 pm

110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:So born to an English mother in South London and totally English in his ways and you think he's St Lucian? This makes no sense.

but balotelli has both italian parents and was born in italy!!!!

Doh

No he doesn't.

the people he calls mama and papa are his parents and they are italian, not the people who gave birth to him and abandoned him and he doesn't know

You say you are not racist but bluenine is correct, you see balotelli, you see black, you see non-italian, if he had been white and adopted by italians this wouldn't even be a discussion for us and a racist rant for you Very Happy

Yeah call people racist when your argument falls short. Why don't i mind Heskey or Rio if i am racist?

Balotelli got Italian citizenship in 2008 ffs. Yeah he is true blood Italian sure.

Yes and lee bowyer's not racist as he has many black friends.

You argument was that you didn't accept where he was born and it was about parentage and both Balotelli's parents are 100% italian, whereas rio's are not. Your arguments are nonsensical and I regret being the 3rd or 4th person to try and point it out to someone with limited brain function.

here's an argument for you:
Balotelli had to wait until his 18th birthday in order to request Italian citizenship, as his adoption was never made definitive, which he officially gained on 13 August 2008

His parents are both Ghanian how many more times. Bowyer might not be racist who knows i never met him.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:26 pm

LRD, you're not making any sense. Sorry. Bobo is right in this regard. For once.. Wink

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:28 pm

I disagree
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:41 pm

L r dd wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
L r dd wrote:I make prefect sense. Balotelli is NOT Italian. He was born to Ghanian parents. Both of them. I don't believe he has a real affirnity with Italy. This is NOTHING like Rio. You people are totally ignorant.

Heksey was born to Antiguan parents. Therefore he's not English. Rolling Eyes

Your beliefs about Balotelli are bullshit. You don't know anything about him. He's lived in Italy all his life and was adopted by Italian parents. One thing is for sure, he has more affinity with Italy than he does with Ghana.

One thing is for sure and that is a dude with an English parent living in England hating England should not be trying to lecture somebody on Balotelli. You are clueless end of story.

I don't have English parents. Yet again you'll always resort to this type of unrelated response when you know you're wrong.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Yeah right from the clowns who label people racist for seeing the reality.
avatar
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Age : 38
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by abundance on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:58 pm

lol, L r dd.... even the Padania, the infamous Lega Nord's newspaper, was raging on Lippi in may because he didn't call up Balotelli. Enuf said.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:02 pm

They just dont like Lippi's selection so anything helps them. This is not really good reason. Rossi was the only disgraceful omission.
avatar
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Age : 38
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by abundance on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:11 pm

he was too american I guess

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Bit racist he has Italian roots a parent and a name. And he was star of the confed up for italy.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 pm

L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:So born to an English mother in South London and totally English in his ways and you think he's St Lucian? This makes no sense.

but balotelli has both italian parents and was born in italy!!!!

Doh

No he doesn't.

the people he calls mama and papa are his parents and they are italian, not the people who gave birth to him and abandoned him and he doesn't know

You say you are not racist but bluenine is correct, you see balotelli, you see black, you see non-italian, if he had been white and adopted by italians this wouldn't even be a discussion for us and a racist rant for you Very Happy

Yeah call people racist when your argument falls short. Why don't i mind Heskey or Rio if i am racist?

Balotelli got Italian citizenship in 2008 ffs. Yeah he is true blood Italian sure.

Yes and lee bowyer's not racist as he has many black friends.

You argument was that you didn't accept where he was born and it was about parentage and both Balotelli's parents are 100% italian, whereas rio's are not. Your arguments are nonsensical and I regret being the 3rd or 4th person to try and point it out to someone with limited brain function.

here's an argument for you:
Balotelli had to wait until his 18th birthday in order to request Italian citizenship, as his adoption was never made definitive, which he officially gained on 13 August 2008

His parents are both Ghanian how many more times. Bowyer might not be racist who knows i never met him.

so when did you meet balotelli?

btw you do know that parent means caregiver right?

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 pm

If further proof were needed that you lost the argument.
avatar
Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
Age : 49
Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Lusitan on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:42 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
Lusitan wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:and you can say the same thing about the muslims. there are thousands of muslims in So Paulo. The ones who were born here are also treated as Brazilians and feel Brazilian and supports Brazil.

What i think is a case-study is the fact you see no radical islamist in Brasil, nor are they trying to impose islam (or at least i've never heard of it).

maybe they are not radical because they are treated like Brazilians by Brazilians, with the same rights as any other Brazilian. how about that?

and, as I said in another thread, there are no clashes at all between muslim Brazilians and jewish Brazilians here, and there are thousands of them both. why? cause they are both Brazilians. and the Brazilians don't see them as less Brazilians than the Catholic ones.

The case study is the fact they don't try to impose it, not the way they're treated by other Brasilians.

I'm pretty sure that's because the first ones to arrive there were moderate, and they're making sure extremists drop the attitude or don't stay there much long.
They're not screaming around yelling that the "Cristo Redentor" is an insult to them. Probably because they also know there's enoug Brasilians willing to offer them free trips to Getlost - Amazonia if they don't behave.(nice town BTW Twisted Evil )

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:49 pm

L r dd wrote:If further proof were needed that you lost the argument.

Very Happy

I'm pretty sure that everyone here won except for you. Every single argument you had was torn to shreds. The fact that you cannot understand that only makes you look more stupid.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Super Progress on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm

kas wrote:
L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.


You and many others are still struggling to accept the effects of globalisation. There's no such thing as a "pure" nationality or culture of one country any more....or if there is, it's reducing drastically. The amount of migration and mixed-race/heritage/nationality is only going to increase, and we're going to see more and more borderline cases of players choosing to play for different countries.

It's difficult to draw up rules to tackle such cases, and you certainly have no right (or knowledge) to decide whether someone belongs to one culture or country or not. It's a grey area with many subjective factors...every player has to be dealt with on an individual case by case basis.
Ale
Excellent post

I feel like a product of this globalisation. I have affinity to both my parents country(Eritrea) but to Denmark as well. It is very strange because at times I feel much more Eritrean and other times I feel much more Danish. If people ask me now what I am I will say Afro-Danish. Smile
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Super Africa wrote:
kas wrote:
L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.


You and many others are still struggling to accept the effects of globalisation. There's no such thing as a "pure" nationality or culture of one country any more....or if there is, it's reducing drastically. The amount of migration and mixed-race/heritage/nationality is only going to increase, and we're going to see more and more borderline cases of players choosing to play for different countries.

It's difficult to draw up rules to tackle such cases, and you certainly have no right (or knowledge) to decide whether someone belongs to one culture or country or not. It's a grey area with many subjective factors...every player has to be dealt with on an individual case by case basis.
Ale
Excellent post

I feel like a product of this globalisation. I have affinity to both my parents country(Eritrea) but to Denmark as well. It is very strange because at times I feel much more Eritrean and other times I feel much more Danish. If people ask me now what I am I will say Afro-Danish. Smile

imagine Laudrup was manager of Denmark, and called you up to play for the Vikings

would you sing the Danish ANTHEM ? Smile

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:If further proof were needed that you lost the argument.

Very Happy

I'm pretty sure that everyone here won except for you. Every single argument you had was torn to shreds. The fact that you cannot understand that only makes you look more stupid.

Yeah you've gone to being pedantic about parent and labelling people racist...you have no case. I am further vindicated that the only true way forward is the opposite of the supposed progressives ie the idiots who only have their own interests at heart.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Super Progress on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

wrote:
Super Africa wrote:
kas wrote:
L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.


You and many others are still struggling to accept the effects of globalisation. There's no such thing as a "pure" nationality or culture of one country any more....or if there is, it's reducing drastically. The amount of migration and mixed-race/heritage/nationality is only going to increase, and we're going to see more and more borderline cases of players choosing to play for different countries.

It's difficult to draw up rules to tackle such cases, and you certainly have no right (or knowledge) to decide whether someone belongs to one culture or country or not. It's a grey area with many subjective factors...every player has to be dealt with on an individual case by case basis.
Ale
Excellent post

I feel like a product of this globalisation. I have affinity to both my parents country(Eritrea) but to Denmark as well. It is very strange because at times I feel much more Eritrean and other times I feel much more Danish. If people ask me now what I am I will say Afro-Danish. Smile

imagine Laudrup was manager of Denmark, and called you up to play for the Vikings

would you sing the Danish ANTHEM ? Smile
To be honest I don't know the lyrics to the Danish anthem. Allthough I know it better then the Eritrean one.

I like it when I hear people singing the anthems in football but I don't know if I would be screaming from the top of my lungs though. I can understand why people might not want to sing but it seems like a very patriotic moment so I would probably end up doing it anyway.

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:50 pm

L r dd wrote:
110% wrote:
L r dd wrote:If further proof were needed that you lost the argument.

Very Happy

I'm pretty sure that everyone here won except for you. Every single argument you had was torn to shreds. The fact that you cannot understand that only makes you look more stupid.

Yeah you've gone to being pedantic about parent and labelling people racist...you have no case. I am further vindicated that the only true way forward is the opposite of the supposed progressives ie the idiots who only have their own interests at heart.

So you call agruments for which you have no response pedantic. A parent is a care giver, say that some guy shagged your mum in the toilets of the kfc and another guy actually brought you up. You'd grow up calling the 2nd guy your dad, and he would be. The first guy is your biological parent but your feelings and affinity would be for your dad. One of your arguments has been feeling affinity.

You have been wrong from the beginning as usual. The main point on this bluenine was correct. You see black and cannot see italian, and this is why you are racist. I am not labelling you.

I have some friends who live in Italy, woman is Irish American and guy is English, and they have adopted 2 kids from china. The kids are growing up in Italy, speak Italian, favourite food is italian, all friends are italian etc. Are you saying that when they are grown up if they turn to football they should play for china? Even though neither parent is, nor is it the country where they were brought up, nor do they speak the language, and they'd need a visa to enter? You are so fucked up in your reasoning you are like a retared racist.

You mixed in there one decent point but it never applied to the situation, Balotelli's case is nothing like some brasilian playing for a country after living there for a few years.
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:28 pm

holy cow

ALL MEXICANS are singing their anthem as if their lives depended on it

BRILLIANT stuff

FOUR Frenchies are not singing Grr

despite having a fantastic anthem

VERY POOR

Mexico are NOW my number 1 World Cup favourites Ale
avatar
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Age : 38
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by abundance on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 pm

u know what beats vuvuzelas obnoxiousness?
yep.
it's the anthem debates
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:05 pm

ALL Cameroon players were singing Ale

ditto

ALL Denmark players Ale

Ivory Coast had 3 or 4 TRAITORS Grr

Brazil: everybody was singing, then again, the camera did not show all the players during the anthem

as for England (vs Serbia)

I believe only Rooney and one other player did NOT sing: all the others did :ale

bearing in mind that the anthem is somewhat dodgy , that is quite impressive

really makes you wonder why zil, Khedira, Podolski (Boateng, Trochowski, Tasci...) are still allowed to play for the MANNSCHAFT

absolutely PATHETIC

Grr

superb interview with Cacau in the current Sportbild, by the way

what a LEGEND

once it's online, I will post the link

Ale
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by debaser on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Otto,

Is it your

BIRTHDAY

today.

Or did you just PICK

a RANDOM date

when you set up your account Question

The front page says you are 80 TODAY Ale
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:29 pm

debaser wrote:Otto,

Is it your

BIRTHDAY

today.

Or did you just PICK

a RANDOM date

when you set up your account Question

The front page says you are 80 TODAY Ale

Very Happy

let me tell you, debby

when I was YOUR AGE, MEN were still MEN

we still fought for our COUNTRY

and

PATRIOTISM was not a "Schimpfwort"

cheers

people nowadys are too HARSH on life in the TRENCHES

it was NOT that bad AT ALL

we had CAMADERIE

lol!

an English bullet hit me in the frontal cortex once though

as a result , I cannot quite remember my exact birthday

but can assure you that V-neck T-shirts did NOT exist in those days

Ale

Sponsored content

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:35 pm