integration: should players sing national anthems

Share
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 101
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Allez les rouges on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Not everyone likes singing Otto Ale
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fuballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:48 pm

This issue is total nonsense. Seriously, it never used to be an issue. Just watch some matches of the 1970s, for example. Quite a few of those legendary players didn't sing the anthem back then either.
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:52 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:This issue is total nonsense. Seriously, it never used to be an issue. .

I already said :NOT TRUE

but it turns out

even LESS true than I thought

Beckenbauer made them sing in 1982, according to Harald

but Vogts clearly did the same in 1994

yesterday, I watched some ARD World Cup programme

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER was singing in 1994 Shocked cheers

Klinsi, Lothar, Kohler, Illgner....

EVERYBODY

and in THAT case you clearly COULD hear it, and let's just say

we were short of Pavarottis

Very Happy

not that anybody seemed to care

cheers

if you add all the FACTS now

it's obvious, our boys HAVE to sing or LEAVE

Neutral

I have NEVER thought of somebody like zil as being a FOREIGNER

to me, he is 100% German

END OF STORY

but

if he REFUSES to sing, despite knowing that MANY people WANT him to sing (Beckenbauer, Lw, ...., even the humble German in Munich)

he is ACTIVELY committing a clearly CONFRONTATIONAL, anti-German act

Neutral

even if you take away the patriotism card

it's PREPOSTEROUSLY

IMPOLITE

think about it like this

you have a WEDDING or ANY party

and you write on your invitation card

BLACK TIE

you would then expect your guests to wear BLACK TIE

even if they would prefer to wear JEANS

if they think BLACK TIE is an imposition that is not acceptable , they have two options

a) they do NOT attend

b) they ask the host whether anything other than black tie would be acceptable as well

if the host politely says "no"

you take it , or leave it

what pisses me off about zil and Co is that they now know it means something to a lot of people and they still seem to say

FUCK OFF

this is clearly a HOSTILE ACT

and will NOT STAND

Fighting


Last edited by on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
Age : 30
Supports : VfB Stuttgart
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:45 pm

wrote:
the truth is

many chaps are BAD singers and would hate to have a camera capture their off-pitch voice

then again

the micro never seems to be on anyway

you just see a mouth moving, that's it; so it does not matter whether you an sing or not

IMHO

they MUST sing, or LEAVE

cheers
Believe me, it's on and a lot closer than I'd like it to be! pale My poor ears.
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:48 am

wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:This issue is total nonsense. Seriously, it never used to be an issue. .

I already said :NOT TRUE

but it turns out

even LESS true than I thought

Beckenbauer made them sing in 1982, according to Harald

but Vogts clearly did the same in 1994

yesterday, I watched some ARD World Cup programme

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER was singing in 1994 Shocked cheers

Klinsi, Lothar, Kohler, Illgner....

EVERYBODY

and in THAT case you clearly COULD hear it, and let's just say

we were short of Pavarottis

Very Happy

not that anybody seemed to care

cheers

if you add all the FACTS now

it's obvious, our boys HAVE to sing or LEAVE

Neutral

I have NEVER thought of somebody like zil as being a FOREIGNER

to me, he is 100% German

END OF STORY

but

if he REFUSES to sing, despite knowing that MANY people WANT him to sing (Beckenbauer, Lw, ...., even the humble German in Munich)

he is ACTIVELY committing a clearly CONFRONTATIONAL, anti-German act

Neutral

even if you take away the patriotism card

it's PREPOSTEROUSLY

IMPOLITE

think about it like this

you have a WEDDING or ANY party

and you write on your invitation card

BLACK TIE

you would then expect your guests to wear BLACK TIE

even if they would prefer to wear JEANS

if they think BLACK TIE is an imposition that is not acceptable , they have two options

a) they do NOT attend

b) they ask the host whether anything other than black tie would be acceptable as well

if the host politely says "no"

you take it , or leave it

what pisses me off about zil and Co is that they now know it means something to a lot of people and they still seem to say

FUCK OFF

this is clearly a HOSTILE ACT

and will NOT STAND

Fighting

PS

zil could rap the anthem, if he wants

Whistle
avatar
anglophileHedgehog

Number of posts : 4934
Age : 30
Supports : VfB Stuttgart
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by anglophileHedgehog on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 am

wrote:
wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:This issue is total nonsense. Seriously, it never used to be an issue. .

I already said :NOT TRUE

but it turns out

even LESS true than I thought

Beckenbauer made them sing in 1982, according to Harald

but Vogts clearly did the same in 1994

yesterday, I watched some ARD World Cup programme

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER was singing in 1994 Shocked cheers

Klinsi, Lothar, Kohler, Illgner....

EVERYBODY

and in THAT case you clearly COULD hear it, and let's just say

we were short of Pavarottis

Very Happy

not that anybody seemed to care

cheers

if you add all the FACTS now

it's obvious, our boys HAVE to sing or LEAVE

Neutral

I have NEVER thought of somebody like zil as being a FOREIGNER

to me, he is 100% German

END OF STORY

but

if he REFUSES to sing, despite knowing that MANY people WANT him to sing (Beckenbauer, Lw, ...., even the humble German in Munich)

he is ACTIVELY committing a clearly CONFRONTATIONAL, anti-German act

Neutral

even if you take away the patriotism card

it's PREPOSTEROUSLY

IMPOLITE

think about it like this

you have a WEDDING or ANY party

and you write on your invitation card

BLACK TIE

you would then expect your guests to wear BLACK TIE

even if they would prefer to wear JEANS

if they think BLACK TIE is an imposition that is not acceptable , they have two options

a) they do NOT attend

b) they ask the host whether anything other than black tie would be acceptable as well

if the host politely says "no"

you take it , or leave it

what pisses me off about zil and Co is that they now know it means something to a lot of people and they still seem to say

FUCK OFF

this is clearly a HOSTILE ACT

and will NOT STAND

Fighting

PS

zil could rap the anthem, if he wants

Whistle
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:41 pm

.


Last edited by on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 pm

by the way

in terms of INTEGRATING ethnic minorities in Germany

I'd say that other than football

the most important elements these days are

"Unterklassen-TV"

ie

Dieter Bohlen's DSDS, where an ethnic Iranian becomes the champ

or

GNTM (Germany's Next Top Model):

last year a Munich-based ethnic Ethopian won

and this year, the favourite is an ethnic-Iranian from Austria

100% more imporant than all the PC nonsense out there, me thinks Ale
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:57 am

ALL players from URUGUAY sang their anthem

+

7 out of 11 FRENCHIES sang their anthem

(Ribery and Anelka did not)
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by debaser on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:59 am

wrote:ALL players from URUGUAY sang their anthem

+

7 out of 11 FRENCHIES sang their anthem

(Ribery and Anelka did not)

Thus proving that it doesn't matter whether you sing or not, as neither side won.
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:12 am

debaser wrote:
wrote:ALL players from URUGUAY sang their anthem

+

7 out of 11 FRENCHIES sang their anthem

(Ribery and Anelka did not)

Thus proving that it doesn't matter whether you sing or not, as neither side won.

it's not about winning or losing

although, Beckenbauer believes that it boosts the morale of the TEAM

still

Uruguay have a population of UNDER 4 million

France of just under 60 million

a DRAW under those circumstances might indeed be attributed to ALL Uruguayans singing the ANTHEM

cheers
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:30 am

Paraguay, Australia, Uruguay and Italy were the BEST SINGERS SO FAR

I suppose one of those countries will now win the World Cup

Ale

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Age : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:34 am

debaser wrote:
wrote:ALL players from URUGUAY sang their anthem

+

7 out of 11 FRENCHIES sang their anthem

(Ribery and Anelka did not)

Thus proving that it doesn't matter whether you sing or not, as neither side won.

but what if ribery and anelka had sang the anthem it could all have been so different
avatar
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Age : 33
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Antarion on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:37 am

wrote:Paraguay, Australia, Uruguay and Italy were the BEST SINGERS SO FAR

I suppose one of those countries will now win the Worldvision Song Contest

Ale

<Ale>
avatar
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Age : 33
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Antarion on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Surely N Korea wins the contest, one was even crying when the anthem was played. Such a passion Ale
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Antarion wrote:Surely N Korea wins the contest, one was even crying when the anthem was played. Such a passion Ale

N Korea are my FAVOURITES now cheers

they MUST win Ale

Brazil were also ALL singing Ale

our "foreigners" are a disgrace

No
avatar
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Age : 39
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:37 am

wrote:
Antarion wrote:Surely N Korea wins the contest, one was even crying when the anthem was played. Such a passion Ale

N Korea are my FAVOURITES now cheers

they MUST win Ale

Brazil were also ALL singing Ale

our "foreigners" are a disgrace

No

it is so pure a great to see how a whole team sing their anthem. I don't understand why many players see it as "un cool" or whatever.

NK is a terrible part of the axis of evil but footballing they showed real compassion.Something 90% of the other countries lacks in this very poor world cup.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 am

That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.
avatar
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Age : 39
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:49 am

L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.

I was quite happy Kalou couldn't get a Dutch passport. Not because I don't award him a Dutch passport but it is not right. Then again, it would have been a disaster for him. Would it have made him happier than today where he can play with his other elephants?
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:10 pm

L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.
Doh
Balotelli was born in Italy and raised by Italian parents from the age of 3.
Do you also want the black players in England excluded then?

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:20 pm

Super Africa wrote:
L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.
Doh
Balotelli was born in Italy and raised by Italian parents from the age of 3.
Do you also want the black players in England excluded then?

Why do you mention black i didn't. Balotelli is not fucking Italian. Same way Anichebe is not English. Is Ashley Cole English..of course. If you cant tell the difference thats your problem.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:30 pm

L r dd wrote:
Super Africa wrote:
L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.
Doh
Balotelli was born in Italy and raised by Italian parents from the age of 3.
Do you also want the black players in England excluded then?

Why do you mention black i didn't. Balotelli is not fucking Italian. Same way Anichebe is not English. Is Ashley Cole English..of course. If you cant tell the difference thats your problem.
Im just wondering if you have any logic in what you say and I suspect that you don't.

So lets say Balotelli meets an African woman and they have a boy. Should he be allowed to play. How many generations before you are nationalized?

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by L r dd on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 pm

I doubt they will raise the kid in an Italian way the kid will not feel Italian. He would probably prefer to play for Italy though due to their nature in the game. If you want all these fake players playing due to such poxy reasons thats your choice but it's the death of international football. If england ever has a few players like them i will feel less caring for the team. You want to have a set piece of logic. It's not possible. You know when someone is of a certain country. Holden for America was born in Scotland but you know he is American. I know there's nothing to stop it though.

In 20+ years each national team will have at least 2 brazillians and 5 africans.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Super Progress on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 pm

L r dd wrote:I doubt they will raise the kid in an Italian way the kid will not feel Italian. He would probably prefer to play for Italy though due to their nature in the game. If you want all these fake players playing due to such poxy reasons thats your choice but it's the death of international football. If england ever has a few players like them i will feel less caring for the team. You want to have a set piece of logic. It's not possible. You know when someone is of a certain country. Holden for America was born in Scotland but you know he is American. I know there's nothing to stop it though.

In 20+ years each national team will have at least 2 brazillians and 5 africans.
So you are completely selective with who qualifies and who doesn't. Should have said that from the start.
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:56 pm

obviously, the Spanish do not have anything to sing

what about the Swiss

how MANY of them DID sing ?

they tend to have a very high proportion of ethnic non-mountain dwellers
avatar
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Age : 33
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Antarion on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:01 pm

The question is: Would all spanish players sing even if there was a lyric? My feeling is no Whistle
avatar

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by  on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Antarion wrote:The question is: Would all spanish players sing even if there was a lyric? My feeling is no Whistle

true

why did C Ronaldo NOT sing , by the way ?

and I noticed Deco not singing either

what a mean Brazilian Shocked

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
Age : 26
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Black Magic on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 pm

L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.


North Korea's best player (Jong T.S.) was born and raised in Japan. Yes, that same dude that showed such ferocious passion during DPR's national anthem.

Balotelli was raised by ITALIANS, not by Ghanaian parents in Italy, but by ITALIANS in ITALY.

I speak Arabic at home and wasn't raised in an Anglo way, would you not want me playing for England?
avatar
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Age : 28
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Hlebagone on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:54 pm

No, because you'd probably be a bit shit.
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 31
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Black Magic wrote:
L r dd wrote:That's the problem when you have idiots who blast people who just speak the truth. I tell you Someone shouldn't play for a certain country and i am racist or stupid but this is the result. Balotelli should never play for Italy. Kalou for Holland would have been a disgrace. Cacau for Germany is also a joke. NK show that progressive thinking on certain issues is actually bullshit.


North Korea's best player (Jong T.S.) was born and raised in Japan. Yes, that same dude that showed such ferocious passion during DPR's national anthem.

Balotelli was raised by ITALIANS, not by Ghanaian parents in Italy, but by ITALIANS in ITALY.

I speak Arabic at home and wasn't raised in an Anglo way, would you not want me playing for England?

Depends how dark your skin is. I think you're probably just white enough to make lrd's XI.

Sponsored content

Re: integration: should players sing national anthems

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:17 am