Poldi vs Rooney

Share

Poll

Polish Eagle or English Lion ?

[ 14 ]
50% [50%] 
[ 14 ]
50% [50%] 

Total Votes: 28
avatar
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Ä on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:31 am

who's gonna have a better World Cup ?

a hunch tells me Poldi is gonna EXPLODE in South Africa

at yesterday's press conference he was in SPLENDID FORM

the Pole had a horrid season at Cologne, but somehow always seems to become a STAR for the MANNSCHAFT

meanwhile, bernd's lover-boy had an excellent season at ManU, but already seems to lose it in friendly testmatches for England

so

who will make South Africa his natural habitat :

the Polish EAGLE or the English LION ?


Last edited by Ä on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Age : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by L r dd on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:32 am

Is that all Germany have to compare Rooney with? Fuck sake.
avatar
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Ä on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:35 am

L r dd wrote:Is that all Germany have to compare Rooney with? Fuck sake.

the Poldi vs Rooney discussion is on old one on here

seems to have lost its momentum in view of Poldi's recent form though

still

I am willing to put my German balls on the table and say

AGAINST THE ODDS

Poldi will PREVAIL

and YOU will not have seen it coming

<Ale>
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Tweesus on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 am

Well Poldi will be playing a role on the wide left won't he? Not sure how much of an impact he'll have.

This is rooney's world cup. I'm expecting big things. Its his last chance - the next one in Brazil will be too hot - we haven't got a chance so unless he's hoping of being on top form when he's 32, he has to deliver the goods at this WC
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by debaser on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Ä wrote:

at yesterday's press conference he was in SPLENDID FORM


lol!

I think I'll take form on the pitch in the last season over form in interviews.

Germany are going out to England in 2R Twisted Evil
avatar
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Age : 100
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Why, are you expecting to come second in your group? scratch

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by A & K on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Why compare someone who scored over 30 goals this season to a guy that hardly scored and played (3 goals in 25 games)? But you never know in football.

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by A & K on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Sorry confused Podol and Klose.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by debaser on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Why, are you expecting to come second in your group? scratch

I'm expecting one of us to come second. Not sure which, just think that that game is on the cards.
avatar
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Ä on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:Why compare someone who scored over 30 goals this season to a guy that hardly scored and played (3 goals in 25 games)? .

that's my point

I think MANY of you will be in for a surprise

maybe, even be in SHOCK

I just wanted to warn my friend bernd, who might not even recover FULLY within 6 months of Poldi outperforming Rooney

cheers

NOTE

I am NOT saying that Poldi will score more goals than Rooney

the one is playing as a striker, the other more as a winger

still

the Pole's game is MORE likely to win over the heaving chests of nubile South Africans virgins

wahre G
avatar
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Tweesus on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:Sorry confused Podol and Klose.

Easy mistake to make given that they're both Polish Whistle
avatar
Antarion

Number of posts : 3372
Age : 32
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Antarion on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 pm

debaser wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote:Why, are you expecting to come second in your group? scratch

I'm expecting one of us to come second. Not sure which, just think that that game is on the cards.

In 2006 everyone thought so too. It didn't happen. Its just so that when it happens, everyone is gonna say: I knew it.
pirat
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:31 pm

I love Poldi because he only seems to do exceptionally well for the national team. Since he doesn't play for my club, it's the best I can hope for.

So Poldi, just continue to be shit for your club and excel in the national team. Ale

And Allofs, never sign him!
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:53 pm

I don't know who's gonna have a better WC, but Rooney is obviously better.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898
Age : 33
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Tweesus wrote:Well Poldi will be playing a role on the wide left won't he? Not sure how much of an impact he'll have.

This is rooney's world cup. I'm expecting big things. Its his last chance - the next one in Brazil will be too hot - we haven't got a chance so unless he's hoping of being on top form when he's 32, he has to deliver the goods at this WC

No way. It's already cold here and the majority of the host cities are in the South East/South of the country. The hot weather can't be an excuse. Smile
avatar
Tom

Number of posts : 12184
Age : 27
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Tom on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:Sorry confused Podol and Klose.
Don't apologise, Podolski is still shit.
avatar
Tom

Number of posts : 12184
Age : 27
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Tom on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:00 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
Tweesus wrote:Well Poldi will be playing a role on the wide left won't he? Not sure how much of an impact he'll have.

This is rooney's world cup. I'm expecting big things. Its his last chance - the next one in Brazil will be too hot - we haven't got a chance so unless he's hoping of being on top form when he's 32, he has to deliver the goods at this WC

No way. It's already cold here and the majority of the host cities are in the South East/South of the country. The hot weather can't be an excuse. Smile
It has to be the excuse! We obviously cannot blame our ever so talented players or anything that might be valid, so the weather! yes the weather. It might even be too cold tomorrow, oooh the weather.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:01 am

Poldi isn't shit at all, just misunderstood.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:08 am

Ä wrote:
Alive and Kicking wrote:Why compare someone who scored over 30 goals this season to a guy that hardly scored and played (3 goals in 25 games)? .

that's my point

I think MANY of you will be in for a surprise

maybe, even be in SHOCK

I just wanted to warn my friend bernd, who might not even recover FULLY within 6 months of Poldi outperforming Rooney

cheers

NOTE

I am NOT saying that Poldi will score more goals than Rooney

the one is playing as a striker, the other more as a winger

still

the Pole's game is MORE likely to win over the heaving chests of nubile South Africans virgins

wahre G

Laughing

The truth is this Otto - the only way Rooney will end up being outperformed by Poldi will be because Wazza has summer burn out from a long season at United, having played in the CL, the EPL, the FA cup and the League Cup, often carrying United at times.

This wouldn't be the first time the big name players struggle after a long season. Word on the street is that Argentina's coaches are of the opinion Messi is exhausted and won't recover fully until the World Cup ends.

Poldi on the otherhand has been taking a year long vacation in Cologne away from the limelight.

There is absolutely no way I'm going to believe that Poldi is the better player based on a month, when the last 18 months have belonged to Rooney. Not even you can spin this one old pear Ale
avatar
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Age : 37
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by mongrel hawk on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:34 am

Tweesus wrote:Well Poldi will be playing a role on the wide left won't he? Not sure how much of an impact he'll have.

This is rooney's world cup. I'm expecting big things. Its his last chance - the next one in Brazil will be too hot - we haven't got a chance so unless he's hoping of being on top form when he's 32, he has to deliver the goods at this WC

Is that a way that you euro people may understand once and for all that now it's winter in the southern hemisphere? and that the WCs played in South America were the coldest ever?

it snows in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and in the extreme South of Brazil. In middle Brazil, the weather is cool. In the north it's hot in the winter, but not as hot as the Euro summer.

at this moment, we have 13 C degrees in São Paulo. in cities more to the south, it's naturally colder now. in the north, as hot as 28, a bit above 30 at noon.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:41 am

Brazil will be overwhelming favourites in 2014, no matter who plays and who will be their coach. But that's the beautiful part of it - what could be bigger than beating the record champion on their own turf? Smile

No excuses - looking forward to it, actually more than to this WC.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Kroos on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 am

true

but 2nd favourite will be germany
avatar
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Age : 87
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Ä on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:09 am

Noah and the Bale wrote:
Ä wrote:
Alive and Kicking wrote:Why compare someone who scored over 30 goals this season to a guy that hardly scored and played (3 goals in 25 games)? .

that's my point

I think MANY of you will be in for a surprise

maybe, even be in SHOCK

I just wanted to warn my friend bernd, who might not even recover FULLY within 6 months of Poldi outperforming Rooney

cheers

NOTE

I am NOT saying that Poldi will score more goals than Rooney

the one is playing as a striker, the other more as a winger

still

the Pole's game is MORE likely to win over the heaving chests of nubile South Africans virgins

wahre G

Laughing

The truth is this Otto - the only way Rooney will end up being outperformed by Poldi will be because Wazza has summer burn out from a long season at United, having played in the CL, the EPL, the FA cup and the League Cup, often carrying United at times.

This wouldn't be the first time the big name players struggle after a long season. Word on the street is that Argentina's coaches are of the opinion Messi is exhausted and won't recover fully until the World Cup ends.

Poldi on the otherhand has been taking a year long vacation in Cologne away from the limelight.

There is absolutely no way I'm going to believe that Poldi is the better player based on a month, when the last 18 months have belonged to Rooney. Not even you can spin this one old pear Ale

haha

brilliant, bernd

I see you are now UNWILLING to BET that Rooney will OUTSHINE Poldi, a player, you have never rated in the first place

instead , you have a ready-made excuse why Rooney will indeed CHOKE

cheers

times have changed

nowadays, a Pole who cannot even find the net in the inferior Bundesliga , is too much for Rooney

anglo would now give you a big HUG

so, bernd

consider yourself HUGGED

Hug

but NEVER forget

that the world is watching

and if Poldi wins this fight

Fighting

Rooney's reputation is in TATTERS

Yikes Whistle lol!
avatar
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Rosicky on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Whistle
avatar
Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
Age : 27
Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
Favourite Player : Ozil
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Romford Pele on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Oh God...

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873
Age : 57
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Brian2468 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:26 pm

We are going to get it in the ear and deservedly so
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Isco Benny on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Brian2468 wrote:We are going to get it in the ear and deservedly so

Deservedly so?

Yes, Poldi might outperform Rooney at this World Cup.

Does this mean he is a better player? Of course not:

Poldi and Klose have had 12 months pretty much either resting on the bench (Klose) or performing averagely and outside the spotlight at a small club (Pooldi) prior to this World Cup.

That they may well end up outscoring/performing the likes Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo (players who have consistently shone at the highest level for their clubs - and in Rooney's case, Country - over the last 18 months) over a 1 month period does not mean they are suddenly better players.

Neither Klose nor Poldi outperformed or outscored Rooney in the 18 months of international qualifying prior to this tournament.

Otto will take anything he can get at this stage, given how utterly humiliating it has been for him since declaring Rooney washed up at 21 and Poldi to become the next mega superstar of World football Laugh Ale
avatar
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Age : 30
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:
Brian2468 wrote:We are going to get it in the ear and deservedly so

Deservedly so?

Yes, Poldi might outperform Rooney at this World Cup.

Does this mean he is a better player? Of course not:

Poldi and Klose have had 12 months pretty much either resting on the bench (Klose) or performing averagely and outside the spotlight at a small club (Pooldi) prior to this World Cup.

That they may well end up outscoring/performing the likes Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo (players who have consistently shone at the highest level for their clubs - and in Rooney's case, Country - over the last 18 months) over a 1 month period does not mean they are suddenly better players.

Neither Klose nor Poldi outperformed or outscored Rooney in the 18 months of international qualifying prior to this tournament.

Otto will take anything he can get at this stage, given how utterly humiliating it has been for him since declaring Rooney washed up at 21 and Poldi to become the next mega superstar of World football Laugh Ale

Isn't this thread about who will have the better WC though?
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Poldi needs a coach like Van Gaal or Schaaf, someone to teach him discipline while being supportive at the same time. He needs trust, but an arse kick at the right time, too.

I bet that Rooney would not have become the player he is now under a different coach. Poldi was not that lucky in his career so far.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Isco Benny on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
Noah and the Bale wrote:
Brian2468 wrote:We are going to get it in the ear and deservedly so

Deservedly so?

Yes, Poldi might outperform Rooney at this World Cup.

Does this mean he is a better player? Of course not:

Poldi and Klose have had 12 months pretty much either resting on the bench (Klose) or performing averagely and outside the spotlight at a small club (Pooldi) prior to this World Cup.

That they may well end up outscoring/performing the likes Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo (players who have consistently shone at the highest level for their clubs - and in Rooney's case, Country - over the last 18 months) over a 1 month period does not mean they are suddenly better players.

Neither Klose nor Poldi outperformed or outscored Rooney in the 18 months of international qualifying prior to this tournament.

Otto will take anything he can get at this stage, given how utterly humiliating it has been for him since declaring Rooney washed up at 21 and Poldi to become the next mega superstar of World football Laugh Ale

Isn't this thread about who will have the better WC though?

You clearly don't understand Otto if you think this is just about the World Cup

Sponsored content

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:34 am