Polish Eagle or English Lion ?

[ 14 ]
50% [50%] 
[ 14 ]
50% [50%] 

Total Votes: 28
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Re: Poldi vs Rooney

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Opening line of the thread:

"who's gonna have a better World Cup ?"

Seems pretty clear to me.

Brian2468

Number of posts : 4873
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Brian2468 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 am

Early days yet.....Poldi 1 Rooney 0

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:15 am

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:Opening line of the thread:

"who's gonna have a better World Cup ?"

Seems pretty clear to me.

Merked. Ale
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 pm

so far

Poldi : ZEROoney = 1: ZERO

Laugh

Poldi was also OFFICIAL FIFA Man of the Match

Ale cheers

I fear, bernd, you will NOT ENJOY this World Cup ONE BIT

lol!
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 pm

Ä wrote:

That doesn't say a damned thing (see Sneijder) Ale
Ä

Post by Ä on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:25 am

Axeslammer wrote:
Ä wrote:

That doesn't say a damned thing (see Sneijder) Ale

maybe

but in THIS case Poldi WAS the MOTM

most of the Germans are raving about Özil and Müller

and rightly so

BUT

POLDI was our best man

EASILY

cheers

the Müller goal (ie number 3) was irrelevant for the overall game

Poldi's beaut changed the nature of the game though, after a somewhat uneven start

his passing was SUBLIME as well

he could/should have had THREE assists Shocked cheers

the pass to Klose was SUPERB, unfortunately, the lad failed to convert

there was another excellent pass to Klose that could /should have resulted in a goal

and the Müller goal was really created by Poldi as well

THAT is what I call END-PRODUCT

and he did ALL of that FROM THE WING

affraid affraid affraid

with Lahm playing on the right, our game was more "rechtslastig" (just like it is at Bayern)

which is why Müller saw more of the ball than Poldi

hardly the Pole's fault, me thinks

fortunately, both kicker and sport1 got it right as well and made Poldi MOTM

cheers

one thing is sure though

the BEST POLE in the WORLD is a "German"

cheers Very Happy
Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 am

Maybe if Rooney had been playing with the jabulani for half the season he'd also be better.

Its not difficult to be the better play if you're cheating Ale

CHEATING
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:53 am

Apparently this is a myth Tweed and the Jabulani was only used in the German cup final, although there are conflicting reports.

Regarding German cheating, we can also point out that Germany are OFFICIALLY the biggest divers in the tournament so far (although obviously we're yet to see Portugal and Spain)..
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 am

debaser wrote:Apparently this is a myth Tweed and the Jabulani was only used in the German cup final, although there are conflicting reports.

Regarding German cheating, we can also point out that Germany are OFFICIALLY the biggest divers in the tournament so far (although obviously we're yet to see Portugal and Spain)..

Exactly, wait till Busquets gets going...

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:56 am

debaser wrote:Apparently this is a myth Tweed and the Jabulani was only used in the German cup final, although there are conflicting reports.

Carragher tells it like it is:
http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2010/06/15/germany-has-advantage-playing-with-controversial-jabulani-ball-carragher-111574/

apparently those clubs sponsored by adidas have been using it in the Bundesliga, whereas the EPL is sponsored by Nike so not allowed to use it.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 am

Carragher needed to get himself sponsored by Usain Bolt then.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

Big 4 Billy Bollocks™ wrote:Carragher needed to get himself sponsored by Usain Bolt then.

well he needs to use the same steroids that for sure
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 pm

110% wrote:

Carragher tells it like it is:
http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2010/06/15/germany-has-advantage-playing-with-controversial-jabulani-ball-carragher-111574/

apparently those clubs sponsored by adidas have been using it in the Bundesliga, whereas the EPL is sponsored by Nike so not allowed to use it.

Whilst we're highlighting just what a bunch of cheats the Germans are (ie making up excuses):

- They are also based in Durban and played their first match at sea level. England's game was over 1,000 metres above in Rustenberg, where they are based.

- Collectively, England's first team has played something like 50+ matches this season for their clubs than the German side. With no winter break. This number could be lower or higher, I'm just passing on what I heard over a conversation on the radio.

Typical Germans with their more efficient planning and preparation Rolling Eyes Laugh

Otto, speaking of typical Germans - what did you think of Schumachers' performance in Montreal? Is this the kind of behaviour one sees regularly on the autobahn these days from the older grandad generation?
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:
- They are also based in Durban and played their first match at sea level.

That explains a lot ok
Ä

Post by Ä on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:22 pm

bernd

I no longer watch F1

neither have I read any reports

unless you read 10 GERMAN background stories/interviews these days, you can no longer make any sense of it

an ENGLISH farce , if ever there was one

-------------

so where do you think we stand on the Poldi vs Rooney comparison now ?!

Whistle
Six

Number of posts : 4390
Supports : Liverpool
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Podolski just needs 30 or so more goals to catch Rooney's total for the season. Do-able?
Ä

Post by Ä on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Six wrote:Podolski just needs 30 or so more goals to catch Rooney's total for the season. Do-able?

Rooney was clearly the better EPL player this season

Poldi , obviously, the better Bundesliga player

<Ale>

my QUESTION is

who will be the better WORLD CUP player ?

think about it
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Rooney was clearly the better Englishman.
Poldi, obviously, the better German.

<Ale>
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Podolski being named MOTM could be justified, he had an excellent match. For me, Müller and Özil were, but selecting Poldi isn't far fetched at all. He didn't just score, but made a great assist and created quite a few chances. Especially if you consider the fact that the rather defensive Badstuber didn't support him much, in contrast to Lahm supporting Müller, he did really good.
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Ä wrote:bernd

I no longer watch F1

neither have I read any reports

unless you read 10 GERMAN background stories/interviews these days, you can no longer make any sense of it

an ENGLISH farce , if ever there was one

-------------

so where do you think we stand on the Poldi vs Rooney comparison now ?!

Whistle

By English farce, I know you mean English humiliation, given your predictions at the beginning of the season. It's okay Otto, you can can them wrong sometimes, no one will hold it against you.

Infact, weren't you dramatically predicting the decline in Germany's National team for the 2 years leading up to this World Cup? Remarkable turnaround now, seeing you rejoining the bandwagon.

Whilst there is a lot more to come from Rooney, I would not be surprised if Poldi outshone him at this World Cup. For the following reasons:

1) Poldi is getting a lot of the ball. Unless England's midfield balance is restored - preferably with Barry - Rooney is going to continue to have little service, and drop back deep to get it, thus becoming less of an attacking threat.

2) Poldi is familiar with the ball, as are the entire German squad, making good use of Adidas' affiliation with the Bundesliga. Rooney and the Premier League are Nike fellows, and at a disadvantage.

3) As I predicted, Rooney looked tired in the first game. Unsurprising given the season he has had. Poldi has had a year treading water at best. His reserve tank was full for this tournament.

4) It wouldn't be the first, or last, time a player coming off an unremarkable season shone at the World Cup, nor the first or last time a player underperformed coming off a remarkable season.

5) Poldi is a good player, I've never said otherwise. And certainly never written him off at the age of 21 or given him a (now ironic) nickname like you have done with Wazza. So in short, I have far less to feel HUMILIATED about than you do old pear, given the last 12 months inwhich ZEROoney has scored over 30 times. W to the G Ale Laughing
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:27 pm

you should feel HUMILIATED

rooney will never fit in this boots the englands want him to have in (= as one of the best players of all time in the world)

he is just a striker (his game is built on running and fighting), and not even the best in the league

it was his first season where he deserves 1 % of the hype he earned the previous years, this guy has a lot to prove
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Özil wrote:you should feel HUMILIATED

rooney will never fit in this boots the englands want him to have in (= as one of the best players of all time in the world)

he is just a striker (his game is built on running and fighting), and not even the best in the league

it was his first season where he deserves 1 % of the hype he earned the previous years, this guy has a lot to prove

Laugh Rooney has a lot to prove, yet Ozil and the German young guns that you fellate on a regular basis havent?

I can never take your seriously when you complain about hype, considering how ridiculously you hype up anyone with a modicum of Teuton heritage

Rooney has proven himself at every level to be a top class striker. He has yet to prove he is worthy of going down as one of the greats, and perhaps he never will. But to say he's got a lot to prove is laughable. There are few strikers in the game at the age of 24 who have achieved what Rooney has. Including those in the German national squad Ale
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:46 pm

c. ronaldo has something achieved

rooney failed to win trophys in his first season as key player

ok your right i hype some german fellas, but not the german press, you cant compare this to the hype the english speaking press did with rooney
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Özil wrote:c. ronaldo has something achieved

rooney failed to win trophys in his first season as key player

ok your right i hype some german fellas, but not the german press, you cant compare this to the hype the english speaking press did with rooney

10 Reasons Germany will win the World Cup

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/sport-news/football/world-cup-2010-south-africa/06/15/from-jogi-loew-to-his-young-stars/ten-reasons-germany-will-win-world-cup.html

Mesut Ozil passes it like Messi:

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/sport-news/football/world-cup-2010-south-africa/06/15/kaiser-franz-beckenbauer/germany-star-mesut-oezil-passes-it-like-messi.html

We'll blow everyone away

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/sport-news/football/world-cup-2010-south-africa/06/14/well-blow-everyone-away/germany-believe-this-will-be-their-world-cup.html

You constantly criticise our gutter press, as though it doesn't exist in your country either Rolling Eyes

As for Rooney - he scored the winner for United when they won the Carling Cup this season. 35 goals should have been enough for him to have won more trophies, that they weren't has more to do with the rest of the team than him. By the way, Ballack was the nearly man for many years and yet many Germans declared him the best player in the World, including you. Interesting therefore that you're suggesting Rooney hasn't won enough being a "key" player (as though he wasn't involved in helping United win a CL and 3 titles recently) Ale
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:49 pm

"You constantly criticise our gutter press, as though it doesn't exist in your country either Rolling Eyes "

Ah but all this is justified see. As a World Footballing Super Power, no hype is too great for Germany.

However, any English hype is getting above our station and therefore to be stamped out with ruthless efficiency by our continental superiors.

skimmer

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Post by skimmer on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:55 pm

i read somewhere,
a quote from one of the german players,
"we go out to embarrass teams with our footballing-skills,
i can believe that,
and i.................. like 'em.
Ä

Post by Ä on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:

Whilst there is a lot more to come from Rooney, I would not be surprised if Poldi outshone him at this World Cup. For the following EXCUSES:

1) Poldi is getting a lot of the ball. Unless England's midfield balance is restored - preferably with Barry - Rooney is going to continue to have little service, and drop back deep to get it, thus becoming less of an attacking threat.

2) Poldi is familiar with the ball, as are the entire German squad, making good use of Adidas' affiliation with the Bundesliga. Rooney and the Premier League are Nike fellows, and at a disadvantage.

3) As I predicted, Rooney looked tired in the first game. Unsurprising given the season he has had. Poldi has had a year treading water at best. His reserve tank was full for this tournament.

4) It wouldn't be the first, or last, time a player coming off an unremarkable season shone at the World Cup, nor the first or last time a player underperformed coming off a remarkable season.

5) Poldi is a good player, I've never said otherwise. And certainly never written him off at the age of 21 or given him a (now ironic) nickname like you have done with Wazza. So in short, I have far less to feel HUMILIATED about than you do old pear, given the last 12 months inwhich ZEROoney has scored over 30 times. W to the G Ale Laughing

lol!

bernd

the World Cup has barely started

every team has played ONE game now

Rooney graces MANY international World Cup Preview Magazines because he is supposed to be one of the superstars

NONE of the mags have Poldi on the cover

a NOBODY nowadays

Wenger predicted C Ronaldo, Messi and ROONEY to be the superstars of South Africa

he NEVER mentioned the Pole

YOU have bigged up Rooney for the last TWELVE MONTHS

and NOW we have the BIGGEST STAGE in the world , where BOTH Rooney and Poldi will try to CROSS SWORDS

and YOU

refuse to BACK the ENglish HERO

because YOU can think of a MILLION reasons why the Pole could and should be better

lol! Biggrin

you is a good lad, bernd

but if even YOU, one of the biggest Rooney HYPE merchants north of the THAMES, lose your nerve and refuse to put your money or honour on the table in a head to head with the nondescript Pole

then

my dear bernd

WHO WILL ??

lol!

and

HOW is that gonna make the SUPERSTAR from Scouserland feel ???

Yikes

bernd

the truth is , you need to be STRONG now

you MUST NOT BLINK

you MUST NOT show us foreigners YOUR FEAR

it's almost as if the first penalty had not been taken yet, but you had missed it ALREADY

Yikes

do NOT pull a DUNKIRK on us and WITHDRAW before Poldi had a chance to battle the global superstar

Fighting

give us the best you have , and if it's not good enough

get a scarf

a blue babycashmere pullover

moisturise your skin with Nivea

learn "Poldi, Poldi über Alles"

and IF you sing it as well

I will ALWAYS think of you as ONE OF US

Biggrin <Ale>
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Laugh

Good stuff Otto. One of your best
Ä

Post by Ä on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Rooney now says: " I want to KICK OUT Germany"

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball-wm-2010/2010/06/17/wayne-rooney/provoziert-ich-will-deutschland-rauswerfen.html

Yikes

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:13 pm

He will do it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:08 am