Post by Kimbo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:42 am

I love a roast. I'm a genuine "rosbif".
mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: South America vs. Europe

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Don't count your chickens yet, especially as long as we are still in the competition. Very Happy Ale

well, brazil-uruguay and argentina-spain is not that difficult to happen.

I think Germany will beat England, but Argentina will beat Mexico and Germany. But I've never been good in predictions, so... we may have Mexico and England in the quarters, why not?
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:54 am

mongrel hawk wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Don't count your chickens yet, especially as long as we are still in the competition. Very Happy Ale

I think Germany will beat England, but Argentina will beat Mexico and Germany. But I've never been good in predictions, so... we may have Mexico and England in the quarters, why not?

Not so fast my friend. Germany should take care of England. However, word has it (the NY-MIAMI connection just informed me) that them English are up to their usual cheating cuntish ways again with them refs.

They tried hard to beat the USA for first in the group by having perfectly legal goals getting disallowed with their paid off refs.

Them Germans had better be careful. I wouldn't put it past the English that they are gonna have the ref in their pocket against Germany.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am

Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Not so fast my friend. Germany should take care of England. However, word has it (the NY-MIAMI connection just informed me) that them English are up to their usual cheating cuntish ways again with them refs.

They tried hard to beat the USA for first in the group by having perfectly legal goals getting disallowed with their paid off refs.

Them Germans had better be careful. I wouldn't put it past the English that they are gonna have the ref in their pocket against Germany.

If we were going to try and fix the refs wouldn't we have been better to sort the one in the US-England game scratch
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:03 am

Dempseys elbow
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Euroshite like Slovakia Ale

The day Peru, Bolivia, Venzuala or Equador knock out the holders of the cup..then we are gonna talk FFS Very Happy
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Fey wrote:Euroshite like Slovakia Ale

The day Peru, Bolivia, Venzuala or Equador knock out the holders of the cup..then we are gonna talk FFS Very Happy

what will you say if the chileans beat the holders of the euro cup?
Fey

Post by Fey on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 pm

"Spain returns to her former self"
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:puro, my friend.

we can have brazil-uruguay and argentina-paraguay as semis. how about that little copa américa in africa? do you think it's possible?

I've always being convinced that Copa América IS a World Cup minus Italia and Germany.

However, them euro media c**ts, for decades said that the Euro "is a World Cup minust Brasil and Argentina". Fucking c**ts! They know fuck all about the game, and we know they talk nothing but SHITE all the time.

Perú, Colombia, Ecuador would be in the KO stages of WC 2010 had they had the chance to compete instead of that fucking garbage euro shite of Greece, Slovenia, Slovakia, Serbia, England, Denmark FFS!

And what was happening during the decades the Euroshite media were calling the euro the WC less Brazil and Argentina Puro

The useless South American teams were barely getting out of their groups nevermind having an impact on a WC

Someone go fetch that post with about 20 european teams reaching the quarters since the last non Brazilgentina team did.

This WC is a one-off as all the Euro teams have turned to shit so your dog is having it's day........ so far.

You are trying to rewrite history again Puro Evil or Very Mad
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:19 am

Paraguay didn't even break a sweat to beat that goddamn awful team. Paraguay just cruised in this group. Italia were in shambles from the start of the WC. No surprises at all. They didn't even beat New Zealand when they had to. Paraguay didn't have to do shite in this group overall to finish first!

Expand your horizon Fey, FFS! You're a Dutchie or at least you announce yourself to be one.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:03 am

well, well, well, georgie boy.

6 groups gone, 4 euro teams qualified so far, being 1 euro shite.

we've got one member of the big 4, the great Deutschland, with a new generation and some very good players, like the boy Özil, but maybe too inexperienced to win the thing.

we've got 1 second rate big team in England, with the excelent Rooney and Terry, but with a psychological problem regarding the WC.

we've got another second rate big team in Holland, the greatest underachiever in the world, but with a for-long-unbeaten, efficient team. I think Holland is the biggest Euro threat for Brazil, followed by Spain.

and, finally, we've got the horrible Slovakia.

Spain will probably beat Chile and go 1st. If they draw or lose, they'll probably be out, but I think they will win.

Portugal will also go through, probably as second, and Switzerland, another euro shite, may qualify as second (if Chile beat Spain or gety a draw) or even as first (if Spain beat Chile).

and that's it.

maximum of 7 out of 16 teams in the second round. not too impressive.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:54 am

I see a BIG game coming up from Chile. They are gonna put EVERYTHING together against España.

Amazingly, Honduras with a very outside chance to finish second IF they can win their game, and Chile defeat España.

The practicioners of pussy-football them Swiss have got to come out and play if they want to advance to KO stages, so Honduras have a chance with Suazo's speed. Alvarez MUST play to exploit the Swiss's left flank at will.

mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 am

well, I think I'll begin to consider Portugal and Spain as South Americans teams, since the Americans are doing it:

"They are not nearly as strong as other South American teams like Brazil, Spain, or even Portugal."

it's in the first post of this espn thread:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=soccernet&id=worldcup&tid=7065914&lid=11

Fey

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:23 am

looooool

them yankies have a fair point though!
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:34 am

mongrel hawk wrote:

what will you say if the chileans beat the holders of the euro cup?

Not going to happen. Chile is overrated.
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:37 am

mongrel hawk wrote:well, I think I'll begin to consider Portugal and Spain as South Americans teams, since the Americans are doing it:

"They are not nearly as strong as other South American teams like Brazil, Spain, or even Portugal."

it's in the first post of this espn thread:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=soccernet&id=worldcup&tid=7065914&lid=11

If they speak spanish they must be latins and from south america africa.

EM Seleção e Selecção

Number of posts : 2495
Supports : Portugal Brasil Africa
Favourite Player : Ronaldo Zidane Dinho Figo CR Robinho Neymar Hazard
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Post by EM Seleção e Selecção on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 am

South America>>>>>Europe>>North America/Asia/Ghana>New Zealand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Africa
Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Post by Lusitan on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Peninsula Iberica>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>South America>>>>>RestOfEurope>>North America/Asia/Ghana>New Zealand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Africa

Laugh Laugh
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm

5 out of 5
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm

bluenine wrote:5 out of 5

and 4 of them topped their groups! Impressive stuff! Paraguay and Uruguay have good chances to go far, along with Brazil and Argentina obviously.

Only 6 Euro teams qualified Sad poor showing so far, plus 2 of them face off against eachother.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:38 pm

How 'bout them Americanos FFS!

Uruguay, México, Argentina, USA, Paraguay, Brasil, Chile. Whoop
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Not bad for the Latin Europeans Portugal and España either coming through in the end.
BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Looking at my wallchart, Uruguay have a great chance to reach the semi's, with a possible all south american semi final against Brazil.

I hope to see Argentina - Brazil in the final.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

and 4 of them topped their groups! Impressive stuff! Paraguay and Uruguay have good chances to go far, along with Brazil and Argentina obviously.

Only 6 Euro teams qualified Sad poor showing so far, plus 2 of them face off against eachother.

all of them will face each other! there'll be only 3 euros in the quarters.

100% for south america.

less than 50% for europe. only 6 out of 13! Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)

Post by Barrilete on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:27 pm

cheers
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

all of them will face each other! there'll be only 3 euros in the quarters.

100% for south america.

less than 50% for europe. only 6 out of 13! Evil or Very Mad

I was hoping for the euros not to face each other so that ALL OF THEM are KO from the WC. Just look at their football. Their best team España lost the midfield against 10 man Chile. Del Bosque took out Torres and brought in Fábregas to somehow have some of the midfield back against an outnumbered Chile FFS! lol!
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 pm

He always takes off Torres and brings Fab on Puro, in EVERY game.

Spain were 2-0 up against 11 man Chile then sat back and put their feet up for the rest of the game to avoid Chile breaking any of their player's legs which was looking increasingly likely. The Chile Fluke make it a little more uncomfortable than expected, but hey you can't do anything about fluke goals.

Easy peasy
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:57 pm

KUYT #6 wrote:He always takes off Torres and brings Fab on Puro, in EVERY game.

Spain were 2-0 up against 11 man Chile then sat back and put their feet up for the rest of the game to avoid Chile breaking any of their player's legs which was looking increasingly likely. The Chile Fluke make it a little more uncomfortable than expected, but hey you can't do anything about fluke goals.

Easy peasy

the spanish fluke won them the game, otherwise chile would probably have won.

until the first goal, spain werent going past the midfield, with chile controlling the game

ans honduras should have beaten euro shite switzerland. they scored a perfectly legal goal that was absurdly disallowed.
BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:00 pm

So i assume COTR thinks Villa's 2nd goal against Honduras was a fluke.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I really hate this argument, it pretty much ruined my enjoyment of Italy and France being KO'd. As a little Englander i should NOT be rooting for these teams!

Does this SA vs Europe rivalry actually exist outside this board?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:10 pm