South America vs. Europe

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Re: South America vs. Europe

Post by L r dd on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:52 am

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:
Barrilete wrote:Despite what ppl are saying here, it's clear that SouthAmerica had a much better WC than Europe. Sure, like Todo said Brazil and Argentina didn't show up, but the rest of the south american nations that played had a terrific WC. Sure Europe has a lot of "big" teams, but the amount of shit they send to the WC is unbelievable, and they all did like crap. South America edges it as a whole against Europe IMO.

Spot on. South America will not win this WC, but IMO they did much better than in 86, 94 or 2002 when they won it.

BTW I don't get into this rivalry, I cheered for Germany against Argentina and Spain against Paraguay.

It's just a Mongrel Puro thing. I prefer France to lose, Italy to lose Germany to lose. I didn't want Spain to get out of the group.
Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
Supports : Club Atltico Boca Juniors
Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Barrilete on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:55 am

It's fun anyway ok Very Happy
Puro

Number of posts : 10679
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 am

Spot on. South America will not win this WC, but IMO they did much better than in 86, 94 or 2002 when they won it.

BTW I don't get into this rivalry, I cheered for Germany against Argentina and Spain against Paraguay.

When you put four of your five allowed teams in the World Cup in the quarterfinals, you have won the war, full stop.

From the quarterfinals until the end, ANYTHING can happen, and the rigging picks up as well especially since Blatter saw that ONLY THREE of THIRTEEN euros made it to quarterfinals.

Watch them quarterfinal matches again people. I did. The Brasil-Holland was rigged. The ref helped Spain beat Paraguay.

The linesman in the Uruguay-Holland semifinal...THREE offsides against Uruguay in the first half when the Uruguayan clearly was in the same line with the last Dutchie. Two of those plays and it was a one on one situation between Stekelenburg against Cavani and Forln.

The same c**t linesman then allowed an offside van Persie and the second Dutchie goal.

Blatter is so fucking corrupt, and if I ever see him in person I let him know his truths. Oh and next time I see Van Bommel in the USA I'm gonna knock the fuck shite out of him.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:03 am

So more european teams is unfair. But in the quarter finals there was more SA teams and yet 1 made SF and 0 made final. So more teams doesn't = success right? Biggrin

Paraguay had a pen in the 65th or so minute Puro at 0-0. The ref wasnt exactly against them. He denied Cesc a clear pen
Puro

Number of posts : 10679
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 am

L r dd wrote:So more european teams is unfair. But in the quarter finals there was more SA teams and yet 1 made SF and 0 made final. So more teams doesn't = success right? Biggrin

Paraguay had a pen in the 65th or so minute Puro at 0-0. The ref wasnt exactly against them. He denied Cesc a clear pen

At 0-0, Paraguay also had a goal disallowed for "offside" which clearly Haedo Valds was in line with the last Spanish defender.

With Paraguay winning 1-0 and it's game over for Spain, them Guarans know how to close the store quickly, set up shop and game over.

Watch them quarterfinals again. I did just to get me out of doubt in case I was bitching in the heat of the moment kind of stuff. But no, Paraguay, Brasil, and now Uruguay did not get the calls. Not only did they not get the calls, they were directly affected negatively with the calls.

Uno, dos, tres, once is an accident/shit happens, twice you begin to raise your eyebrow and start asking questions. THREE different games with the same calls going to the same continent.

CLEARLY something was up, the fix is in.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 am

Luckily for me I recognised this conspiracy quite early on, and made some serious ca$$$h mes amis Whoop
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 am

Jesus Puro you really have not taken this defeat well Very Happy

This is the most bitter I've ever seen anyone on this board

Chin up mate. Take it like a real Peruvian Yank should ok
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 am

Fey wrote:Fuck South-America gets fucked by Holland..first Peru by Joran, then Chile, Brazil and Uruguay.

But lets not mock them as rich snobbish Europeans, they already have so little and to kick these people when they are down is not very European like. Lets celebrate instead that we are all white. And give those poor bastards an extra spot for the next WC. ok

Have you seen the German team?
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 am

Fucking hell Puro, take it on the chin Laughing

You smoked that cigar before the fat lady sung. Can happen. Told you not to count your chickens as long as those 3 flagships were still in it.

Overall South-America did well, be happy with it. Mind you these 5 are the strongest teams SA can deliver, and I'm not sure what Equador, Peru, Vuvuzela, Bolivia(forgot the other 1, but I know there are 10) would add compared to the likes of Russia, Turkey, Sweden, Croatia etc.

Antarion

Number of posts : 3378
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

Puro you only see what you want to see. Of course there were some bad calls - but thats football. Nothing outstanding, basically every game has such calls.
And 3 out of 13 ...come on, how can there be 13 teams in the quarters anyway? Biggrin
After the group stage it was clear that there can only be 3 europeans in the quarters because the remaining six played each other.

Ok and now for the part were you are were correct: Europe (besides the three remaining teams) did rather poorly.
But we have to see whats the purpose of this thread? Looking at the overall results of Europe vs SA or at the depths? I mean we all knew before the WC started that there were some rather "shitty" teams from europe - look at all the predicitons threads. Basically no one has Greece, Swiss, Slovenia or Slovakia advancing (even if the latter did).
But Europe has 52 countries and you can't just invite the obv 8.

Its like Fey said, your 5 teams are good but beyond those they wont add much more than the other ones from Europe. The fact that SA has only 10 countries and Europe 52 makes the slot distribution valid. I think we can agree that SA can have 5 instead of 4.5 slots but thats it.
Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:00 am

Alberto wrote:If you don't see that, you're too stupid to continue watching football FFS! Laugh

The only Puroshite to reach the semis got there by cheating.

Not fortuitous/contentious offside decisions. Not someone not getting booked when they should have been. Outright cheating.

Now fuck off back to blaming the Rothschilds for earthquakes.
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 am

Barrilete wrote:Despite what ppl are saying here, it's clear that SouthAmerica had a much better WC than Europe. Sure, like Todo said Brazil and Argentina didn't show up, but the rest of the south american nations that played had a terrific WC. Sure Europe has a lot of "big" teams, but the amount of shit they send to the WC is unbelievable, and they all did like crap. South America edges it as a whole against Europe IMO.

South America had a great overall tournament despite the failure of the big two. ok

I cheered when France went home. Ireland had to be there! I also hoped Paraguay to beat Italy because they were also disgusting.
Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Post by Lusitan on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 am

Fey wrote:Fucking hell Puro, take it on the chin Laughing

You smoked that cigar before the fat lady sung. Can happen. Told you not to count your chickens as long as those 3 flagships were still in it.

Overall South-America did well, be happy with it. Mind you these 5 are the strongest teams SA can deliver, and I'm not sure what Equador, Peru, Vuvuzela, Bolivia(forgot the other 1, but I know there are 10) would add compared to the likes of Russia, Turkey, Sweden, Croatia etc.

Laugh

Now seriously, it's simple:
How many direct confrontations did SAm teams win against Euro teams? I ask that because Portugal went out against an Euro semi-finalist, England too.
Fey

Post by Fey on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:28 am

Uruguay: France
Paraguay: Slovakia
Argentina: Greece
Brazil:
Chile: Switserland

Out of the top of my head. All in the group stages.
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 am

Paraguay beat Slovakia

Argentina beat Greece

Chile beat the Swiss

Spain beat Chile

Holland beat Brazil

Holland beat Uruguay

Spain beat Paraguay

Germany thrashed Argentina

Impressive collection of wins for South America
Lusitan

Number of posts : 773
Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal; Corinthians
Favourite Player : Yazalde, Liedson
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Post by Lusitan on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:31 am

Fey wrote:Uruguay: France
Paraguay: Slovakia
Argentina: Greece
Brazil:
Chile: Switserland

Out of the top of my head. All in the group stages.

After the group stages as there are other 2 teams to consider so no direct elimination IMO.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:37 am

You lost Puro. Fey's right, accept it with dignity.

You'll get your revenge in 4 years anyway.

Finally Europe will win a WC on foreign soil, you should tell us how embarrassing it is that we get to celebrate this after 80 years.
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:51 am

COTR wrote:Paraguay beat Slovakia

Argentina beat Greece

Chile beat the Swiss

Spain beat Chile

Holland beat Brazil

Holland beat Uruguay

Spain beat Paraguay

Germany thrashed Argentina

Impressive collection of wins for South America

5-1-3 is a good result for South America. Only the two biggies played FAr under par the other South American played absolutely above par... ok

I hope you can improve when the FIFA-circus is in Rio and co in 2014

ok
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 pm

So even at this Puro fails Laugh

I'm starting to wonder if he really has "Epic Fail Monkey" tattooed on his forehead Very Happy

nicknick

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by nicknick on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:52 pm

I think people put too much emphasis on continental location. What if eastern Europe would be located in Antarctica. and WC spots would be divided 6/7 or something.

Its a cup for everyone and since there is only 1 winner, the rest doesnt matter anyway imho.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Jesus, Alberto and Mongrel Hawk are clearly very bitter about this whole Europe V South America thing lol!

Who honestly gives two flying fucks - most people in Europe actually don't care that much.

In South America they go potty for that Intercontinental Cup. Europeans really aren't that bothered.

There's clearly plenty of talent in South America, just because none of them made it to the final doesn't mean we don't still respect the ability of all the teams, except for Peru who are on a par with the Faroe Islands and should probably not be allowed to play professional football ias it embarrasses the memory of their raped-by-the-Spanish ancestors.

So put your dummies back in, you'll get your revenge in 4 years time.

And, for all Alberto's talk about corruption and bad calls, the worst of the tournament was England's, who 2 weeks ago had apparently bought the ref's thanks to the backing of the Rothschilds. Conspiratorial horse shit mes amis Ale

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:Who honestly gives two flying fucks - most people in Europe actually don't care that much.

it's the same here. see sheva's post above.

I really care about it, but not the other Brazilians, who don't give a fuck about South America winning or not.

And yes, I'm fucking bitter now. ok

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 pm

A European 1,2,3.

Oh dear Alberto lol!
Fey

Post by Fey on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Mes amis, it's time again for the most awkward football rivalry in history, one that actually only excists on here.

Nontheless, the European Armada is sailing to the sunny coast of South-America this time to try to beat the Natives on their own soil. Europe won the battles on home soil and on neutral ground. Last chance for the natives to save themselves from utter humiliation! Last time around the natives did well, but got too cocky in the end and Europe went a bit Gregor Clegane on their asses.

This time it wont be so easy, climate, terrain knowledge, local support...everything is in the advantage of the natives. Nontheless, Europe has the better equipment.

So what do you think it's going to be

IE will this be enough to grant victory for the civilised world?

Spain:

England:

France

Portugal

Germany

Italy

Holland

..be enough to grant victory to the civilised world?
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:35 pm

Fey wrote:

Italy

lol!lol!lol!lol!

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:32 am

lol!lol!lol!
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:30 pm

We, uncivilised cannibals, are waiting for you. We are thirsty for some Euro blood. It's sweet and pussish.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:01 am

This time I will join Todo and support Argentina...but just because Messi and Agero will sleep in the bed of J and Ronaldinho. Smile

Last edited by Formerly known as sheva7 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Fey

Post by Fey on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:43 pm

3-1 in favour of South-America. Nonthefuckinless, how bout the balkanboys eh? Went toe to toe with the best South America has to offer.

If only Yugoslavia was still around eh.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Fey wrote:3-1 in favour of South-America. Nonthefuckinless, how bout the balkanboys eh? Went toe to toe with the best South America has to offer.

If only Yugoslavia was still around eh.

too early still, Fey.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:34 pm