South America vs. Europe

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: South America vs. Europe

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:43 pm

debaser wrote:Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, England, Sweden, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Belgium, Denmark, Portugal, Serbia (as Yugoslavia), Ukraine, Poland, Austria, Czechs.

Have all made the last 8 in the time since a SA team other than Argentina/Brazil did..

So that's probably roughly the top 20 (although looking further you'd have to include Russia and Hungary).

Since 1978? fair enough.

Serbia isn't more ex-Yuguslavia than Croatia, it's LESS than Yuguslavia, so I wouldn't count them in based on Yuguslavia.

Since 78, Peru, Brazil and Argentina out of 10 teams reached the quarters. but suppose 2 out of Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay reach the quarters, it would raise that number to half the teams.

I think 12 Euro teams instead of 13 and 5 S Americans instead of 4.5 would be ok.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:47 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
debaser wrote:Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, England, Sweden, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Belgium, Denmark, Portugal, Serbia (as Yugoslavia), Ukraine, Poland, Austria, Czechs.

Have all made the last 8 in the time since a SA team other than Argentina/Brazil did..

So that's probably roughly the top 20 (although looking further you'd have to include Russia and Hungary).

Since 1978? fair enough.

Serbia isn't more ex-Yuguslavia than Croatia, it's LESS than Yuguslavia, so I wouldn't count them in based on Yuguslavia.

Since 78, Peru, Brazil and Argentina out of 10 teams reached the quarters. but suppose 2 out of Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay reach the quarters, it would raise that number to half the teams.

I think 12 Euro teams instead of 13 and 5 S Americans instead of 4.5 would be ok.

I think if SA repeats it's performance in 2014 then there may be an argument to be made.
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:53 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:

Since 1978? fair enough.

Wrong. Serbia is the what remained of Yugoslavia in the same way Russia is USSR.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Since 1978? fair enough.

Wrong. Serbia is the what remained of Yugoslavia in the same way Russia is USSR.

Not footballwise, since Croatia are clearly better.
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Effenberg on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:20 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:

Yeah, Croatia are doing really well at the world cup.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Effenberg wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Yeah, Croatia are doing really well at the world cup.

Is Croatia worse than this shit of a team? FFS! Ale Very Happy

Paraguay dominated them completly. Different class. Wouldn't survive South American qualifier.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3372
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes there are some "euro shite" teams at the world cup but it wouldn't be different if any of the SA teams beyond 5th place would compete. Or every team from CONCAFAF beyond USA and Mexico.
New Zealand basically has a 2 games play off for the World cup against 5th from asia. Thats also a disgrace even if they are likeable.

That said, i agree with you that SA should get 5 spots instead of 4.5 probably.
Actually Bluenines suggestion of a general play off between all confederation is also a good one.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1898

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:35 pm

All five SA teams are topping their respective groups!
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:All five SA teams are topping their respective groups!

Perú (corrupt fuckos or not), Colombia, and Ecuador would also be in good position to advance to the KO stages.

Put us in the Dutchies's group FOR FUCKS FAKE! Colombia in Germany's group, and Ecuador in USA's group instead of that shitty team called Slovenia park the bus pussy football c**ts.

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:00 am

Alberto wrote:
Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:All five SA teams are topping their respective groups!

Perú (corrupt fuckos or not), Colombia, and Ecuador would also be in good position to advance to the KO stages.

Put us in the Dutchies's group FOR FUCKS FAKE! Colombia in Germany's group, and Ecuador in USA's group instead of that shitty team called Slovenia park the bus pussy football c**ts.

Even Bolívia would do some damage Smile
OP9

Number of posts : 1476
Supports : Tigres, Leverkusen, Mexico
Favourite Player : Dzeko, Cristiano Ronaldo, Gio Dos Santos, Ibisevic, Memo Ochoa, Begovic, OP9
Registration date : 2006-09-18

Post by OP9 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:52 am

South America is highly overrated by Puro. Every team not named Brasil and Argentina are total shit. Saying Bolivia, Peru and Venezuela would do better than Slovenia, Serbia is bullshit.

They'd be hard pressed to get a point
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 am

El Fresa wrote:South America is highly overrated by Puro. Every team not named Brasil and Argentina are total shit. Saying Bolivia, Peru and Venezuela would do better than Slovenia, Serbia is bullshit.

They'd be hard pressed to get a point

Cantalos mijo, GOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!

There's a reason as to why México declined CONMEBOL'S invitation to join the confederation full time. México said "no, thank you very much, we like it here in CONCACAF where a WC ticket is a sure thing".

I don't blame México at all.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:34 pm

well, well, well, georgie boy.

this is a massacre. SA teams unbeaten, topping their groups.

I won't bother now to count the score as I did in the first post. but it would be beautiful to see.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:well, well, well, georgie boy.

I won't bother now to count the score as I did in the first post. but it would be beautiful to see.

Don't you know "the Euros is a World Cup minus Brasil and Argentina"? lol!

I never bought that HYPE that fucking LIE by them Euro media c**ts. If anything, Copa América IS A WORLD CUP minus Italia and Germany.

TRUE FUCKING STORY FFS!
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:well, well, well, georgie boy.

Don't you know "the Euros is a World Cup minus Brasil and Argentina"? lol!

I never bought that HYPE that fucking LIE by them Euro media c**ts. If anything, Copa América IS A WORLD CUP minus Italia and Germany.

TRUE FUCKING STORY FFS!

as much as copa américa is a WC without italy and germany.
Puro

Post by Puro on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:44 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:

I can't wait for next Copa América. The football there will most definitely blow away anything that will be on display in this World Cup.
lampiao007

Number of posts : 1164
Supports : SL Benfica
Favourite Player : Pablo Aimar

Post by lampiao007 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

I can't wait for next Copa América. The football there will most definitely blow away anything that will be on display in this World Cup.

They got vuvuzelas there to?
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm

lampiao007 wrote:
Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Girls
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Let's wait until the group stages are over before we draw any conclusions. The tournament really starts with the knock-out stages.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Antarion wrote:
lampiao007 wrote:
Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Girls

and coke. ok
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:12 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
Antarion wrote:
lampiao007 wrote:
Alberto wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

Girls

and coke. ok

It's quiet possible i will be visiting the world cup in brazil
But there can happen some things until then, but i've it in my mind right now Ale
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:04 am

nice. if you come to são paulo, send me a message. or if you need some advice on anything I may know about.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:25 am

europe

26 games
9 wins
8 draws
9 losses

s america

10 games
8 wins
2 draws
zero losses

Formerly known as sheva7

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:35 am

mongrel hawk wrote:nice. if you come to são paulo, send me a message. or if you need some advice on anything I may know about.

Todo, he said that he will come to watch the WC. So he is not going to São Paulo... Smile

Just joking. We all know São Paulo would never be out of the WC.
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:10 am

mongrel hawk wrote:nice. if you come to são paulo, send me a message. or if you need some advice on anything I may know about.

Thanks. I will do if I go. Bubbly

mongrel hawk wrote:europe

26 games
9 wins
8 draws
9 losses

s america

10 games
8 wins
2 draws
zero losses

Not quiet correct, cause some europeans played other europeans.
Still, SA is far better so far of course.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 am

The way i see it. Paraguay couldn't beat the worst Italian side in maybe 20 years+

Chile struggled against 10 man switzerland and still could go out.

Uruguay ditto struggled against this terrible france side. And they are not guaranteed to go through and if they do could face Argentina.

So again it probably will all rest on Brazil and Argentina. And im sure Cristiano will kick some Brazillian ass.
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am

L r dd wrote:The way i see it. Paraguay couldn't beat the worst Italian side in maybe 20 years+

Uruguay ditto struggled against this terrible france side. And they are not guaranteed to go through and if they do could face Argentina.

So again it probably will all rest on Brazil and Argentina. And im sure Cristiano will kick some Brazillian ass.

You can't always say they struggled. This is the world cup there are not many easy games. A win is a win and points are points.
I agree that chile could quiet possibly still go out. Paraguay have the best chances against Denmark/Japan to advance to the quarters. Uruguay will have hard times against SK even if they avoid Argentina.

Lets see whats left then.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:29 am

Antarion wrote:
L r dd wrote:The way i see it. Paraguay couldn't beat the worst Italian side in maybe 20 years+

You can't always say they struggled. This is the world cup there are not many easy games. A win is a win and points are points.
I agree that chile could quiet possibly still go out. Paraguay have the best chances against Denmark/Japan to advance to the quarters. Uruguay will have hard times against SK even if they avoid Argentina.

Lets see whats left then.

Paraguay have not yet beaten New Zealand!!!!
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 am

mongrel hawk wrote:europe

26 games
9 wins
8 draws
9 losses

s america

10 games
8 wins
2 draws
zero losses

So Europe has won more games? cheers
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

I'd rather struggle against a bad Italy than against Algeria. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:34 am