AZZURI D'ITALIA

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: AZZURI D'ITALIA

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Well thats not the start of the Prandelli era that they wanted.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Time for Italy to admit they're not very good.

Rossi & Macheda 2012 FTW
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pirlo on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:11 pm

I don't think anybody was expecting a performance, four days to create a new identity and a new team isn't any time at all, the rebuilding process will take time, but the obvious enthusiasm is toward the player selection which was right.

Italy is in general two weeks behind the rest because of the late league start, so fitness and match application is not there yet, v an Ivory Coast team who's seasons have started or will at the weekend, and no Italy manager since Zoff has ever won their opening fixture,

There was a lot of positives to take from the match, and in the future a lot of optimism, Italy has never turned up in friendly matches no matter what players and manger, so i'm not bothered by the result, the importance now is for Prandelli to create his team and mould it over the next few months, then we'll see where we are next summer, but for the moment i think we can enthusiastic, we have Pirlo, G.Rossi, Santon, and a host of other players to come in and return to fitness,
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:06 am

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Well thats not the start of the Prandelli era that they wanted.
Rome was not built in a day, mate Razz

It takes time to completely reconstruct a team for the future. Prandelli is not taking the easy route (like Lippi and Donadoni did just before him) of modifying the existing team. Prandelli is doing the right thing, Italy needs reinvention and new blood. The average age of the team fell by like 4 years, 3 creative attacking players were used, and there were 5 debutants. Now thats what I call the start of a revolution, a new era.

The performances will come, in two months or six. What is key now is the intent and direction. From the looks of it, Prandelli has got those spot on so far. And he has also managed to get all the fans excited and behind the team again... In those respects, this Prandelli era is off to a good start...
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Pirlo wrote:
L r dd wrote:Not in mine Ale

Nationalities are a superficial man-made and imposed system of categorisation.

Emigration, migration, the movement of animals has been a composite of nature and evolution for all time,

But animals evoluated because of their surroundings.... Just like humans. National identy forms human identity very much...

If Bleuy, for instance, lived whole his life in India he would have been a different person.... Now he is far more british....!
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Ricardo Wetzel wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
L r dd wrote:Not in mine Ale

Nationalities are a superficial man-made and imposed system of categorisation.

Emigration, migration, the movement of animals has been a composite of nature and evolution for all time,

But animals evoluated because of their surroundings.... Just like humans. National identy forms human identity very much...

If Bleuy, for instance, lived whole his life in India he would have been a different person.... Now he is far more british....!
Razz
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Playing For Your Country Is A Joy That Can't Be Compared To Anything Else - Italy's Mario Balotelli
The young attacker was delighted to make his first international appearance for Italy...
By Stefan Coerts

Italy locked horns with Cote d'Ivoire in an international friendly on Tuesday and the Europeans were eventually beaten 1-0 by Les Elephants. Italy coach Cesare Prandelli used the friendly to give Inter starlet Mario Balotelli his first international appearance at senior level and the 19-year-old was very emotional after his Italy debut.

"It was a very emotional moment for me, especially during the national anthem. I can't really explain why, but I wasn't even able to sing along due to the emotions, which was kind of strange for me," said Balotelli to Sky Sport 24.

"Of course, when the game started, I soon put all the emotions behind me. When you play for your country, it's such a huge joy. I find it impossible to compare it to anything else I have ever experienced."
Happy for the kid Ale

I don't think anyone doubts his nationality or national loyalties, apart from some racist bigots.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 am

I always like Balotelli,,hopefully he'll join Man. United/Milan after he finds out how shit City are

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:36 am

bluenine wrote:
Playing For Your Country Is A Joy That Can't Be Compared To Anything Else - Italy's Mario Balotelli
The young attacker was delighted to make his first international appearance for Italy...
By Stefan Coerts

Italy locked horns with Cote d'Ivoire in an international friendly on Tuesday and the Europeans were eventually beaten 1-0 by Les Elephants. Italy coach Cesare Prandelli used the friendly to give Inter starlet Mario Balotelli his first international appearance at senior level and the 19-year-old was very emotional after his Italy debut.

"It was a very emotional moment for me, especially during the national anthem. I can't really explain why, but I wasn't even able to sing along due to the emotions, which was kind of strange for me," said Balotelli to Sky Sport 24.

"Of course, when the game started, I soon put all the emotions behind me. When you play for your country, it's such a huge joy. I find it impossible to compare it to anything else I have ever experienced."
Happy for the kid Ale

I don't think anyone doubts his nationality or national loyalties, apart from some racist bigots.

Oh look it's Gordon Brown. So he didn't even sing the anthem? Fuck sake.
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:51 am

Guess Rooney should be kicked out of the national team too
Six

Number of posts : 4390
Supports : Liverpool
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:07 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Guess Rooney should be kicked out of the national team too

ok He's Irish...

and playing shite

L r dd

Post by L r dd on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Don't think a German really has any place in a discussion like this
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Manchmal lohnt's sich nicht mit Trotteln zu streiten, die blamieren sich von sich aus selbst Ale
Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Prandelli testing an attacking 4-3-3 at Coverciano, Pepe - Pazzo - fantantonio in attack, so i guess the 'rift' has been put behind coach and player cheers
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:21 pm

L r dd wrote:
bluenine wrote:
By Stefan Coerts

Happy for the kid Ale

Oh look it's Gordon Brown. So he didn't even sing the anthem? Fuck sake.

Strange he would say that unless he meant the start, cos the camera focused on him more than any other player:

Found this as well:

Before you ask, Okaka & Ogbonna were also born & raised in Italy, like Balotelli Ale
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:01 pm

OH DEAR!
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:15 pm

italy well done...No
Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Italy winning, 2-1
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:34 pm

I doubt we'l see the proper implementation and cohesion of Prandelli's vision until next year, the points mattered tonight, not a performance or anything although there were some good plays, Estonia played well and having hit the bvar straight after the restart could have been 2-0 up but we had good chances too in the first half despite the scoreline.

Montolivo had an excellent volley just over, Pazzo missed a one on one, a header and a flicked chance,

After the restart much better, and Prandelli said as much the first half we massively lacked confidence, but Pirlo set up both goals from corners, Cassano free to head the first in and the second for Cassano to backheel across to Leo, bit of a panic for the last five minutes but we saw the result out, three points and can build.

Not surprised anyway because Italia always qualifies slowly and steady and plays poorly, we usually draw our qualification openers, so we can see tonight as an improvement (!)
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Just seen the goals - brilliant assist from Cassano !
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:59 pm

He played an absolute beautiful of a pass to Pazzo that put him clear as well, he played well.

Poli hopefully will also start to be moved into La Nazionale as well, although Prandelli seems to prefer Cigarini to be moulded as Pirlo's 'heir' although hopefully il metronome has a few years left in him yet, i think he'll be galvanised and more dominant this season with our arrivals Very Happy

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:06 am

Im glad to hear Cassano played well since he is one of my absolute favourites however I don't think that the assist was as good as it has been said. Nonetheless it is good to see Italy do well from the start in qualifiers and the Serbia game will be very interesting and hopefully by then Prandelli will have made a clear imprint on the team.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:32 am

Greetings from the Greek island of Santorini.... I missed the game, but from the line up, reviews and highlights, it looks like the Azzurri are going in the right direction. Completely agree with Pirlo, it will take at least a year before Prandelli's work starts showing.... the amount of "revolutionalising" he has to undertake is a big ask, not made easy by the "safety first" policies of his two predecessors (who should have gradually revolutionalised the squad.

Prandelli's line up was fresh, he has taken all the risk we hoped he would take, and more. He is showing the he is not afraid of being the fall guy if things go horribly wrong (which they can with such an inexperienced squad). Take Chiellini out, and his defence had an average experience of 1.3 international games!! Thats bold, and so fuckin desperately required, thanks to Lippi/Donadoni.

So well done Prandelli, we are proud of you already. Whether you win anything with the azzurri or not, you are setting the Italians up for the next 10 years...

The only request I ve of Prandelli is to please drop Pepe...

Anyways, its back to the sea for me... it looks so inviting!
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:52 am

for tomorrow match:
Viviano; De Silvestri, Bonucci, Chiellini, Antonelli; Montolivo, Pirlo, De Rossi; Rossi, Gilardino, Cassano
not a bad one
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 am

abundance wrote:
for tomorrow match:
Viviano; De Silvestri, Bonucci, Chiellini, Antonelli; Montolivo, Pirlo, De Rossi; Rossi, Gilardino, Cassano
not a bad one

I like it. Very inexperienced, but should be enough for Faroe Islands. This is probably more close to what shape we can expect during Prandelli's era.... 3 strikers, no DMs (De Rossi will play more like a box-to-box mid). Its going to be very risky in the modern game, but once these players start gelling, it will be very entertaining. 2 support strikers behind a CF, nice!
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:54 pm

bluenine wrote:
abundance wrote:
for tomorrow match:
not a bad one

I like it. Very inexperienced, but should be enough for Faroe Islands. This is probably more close to what shape we can expect during Prandelli's era.... 3 strikers, no DMs (De Rossi will play more like a box-to-box mid). Its going to be very risky in the modern game, but once these players start gelling, it will be very entertaining. 2 support strikers behind a CF, nice!

The desired effect Wink

I know that was only Faroe Islands... but for Italy, 5-0 is rare.... even against the smaller sides like these....

This is the Prandelli era!! And Cassano is making Lippi look like an idiot this summer. He has more talent in his left toe nail than a thousand generations of Pepe.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:57 pm

Stronger Italy, Stronger France.

Good for world football Ale
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Fenomeno wrote:Stronger Italy, Stronger France.

Good for world football Ale
<Ale>
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 am

Cassano was absolutely fantastic, his goal was a great strike, it flew in like a rocket.

Pirlo's freekick was lovely too, and yet another Pirlo corner from the first goal! Two games for Pirlo, three assists from corners and a free-kick goal! Same for FantAntonio, two matches two goals and three assists!

The new axis of creativity santa

Poor Lippi Whistle

Performance tonight was excellent, we could have had 8 or 9 goals, much better than any of the crap shite Lippi turned out or even the bland stuff under Donadoni, at least Prandelli is bringing great football and entertainment to La Nazionale,

That entertainment can be continued on Saturday night by our 'Fantastic Four' Twisted Evil
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Italy at Euro 2012:

Buffon
De Silvestri - Ranocchia - Chiellini - Santon
Montolivo - Pirlo - De Rossi
Cassano - Balotelli