AC Milan 2010-11

Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

AC Milan 2010-11

Post by Pirlo on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:18 pm

ROSA 2010-11

N. Ruolo Giocatore
1 P Marco Amelia
4 D Kakhaber Kaladze
5 D Oguchi Onyewu
7 A Alexandre Pato
8 C Gennaro Gattuso (vice capitano)
9 A Filippo Inzaghi
10 C Clarence Seedorf
11 A Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
13 D Alessandro Nesta
14 C Rodney Strasser
15 D Sokratis Papastathopoulos
16 C Mathieu Flamini
17 D Massimo Oddo
18 D Marek Jankulovski
N. Ruolo Giocatore
19 D Gianluca Zambrotta
20 C Ignazio Abate
21 C Andrea Pirlo
22 A Marco Borriello
23 C Massimo Ambrosini (capitano)
25 D Daniele Bonera
30 P Flavio Roma
32 P Christian Abbiati
33 D Thiago Silva
40 A Dominic Adiyiah
54 A Nnamdi Oduamadi
76 D Mario Yepes
77 D Luca Antonini
80 A Ronaldinho

Alexander Merkel staying with the Primavera side for one more season it would seems, excited by Oduamadi's inclusion, and it's time for Strasser to start fulfilling the promise,

Otherwise, an improvement on last years squad in defence especially, but we still need much more in midfield and in reserve attack.
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Re: AC Milan 2010-11

Post by Red n' Black on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:49 pm

I was never that impressed with Oduamandi to be honest. I know he has played well for the Primavera but in the games I saw him I can't see anything exceptional, apart from physical/athletic qualities.

I have hopes that Merkel and Verdi will get some games; I think Merkel(even though he wasn't listed) surely will(Allegri seems to like him a lot) and Verdi, if he bulks up a bit, can be a very useful player and a good alternative upfront.

From the Primavera, looking forward to see how Hottor, Rodrigo Ely and Fossati do this year.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:42 am

With the decline of Italian football in general one would almost forget about the steady decline of Milan over the last years.

Thats not a league winning squad by the look of it. But you never know of course.
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 am

Fey wrote:With the decline of Italian football in general one would almost forget about the steady decline of Milan over the last years.

Thats not a league winning squad by the look of it. But you never know of course.

Inter just won the CL.
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Edin Dzeko wrote:
Fey wrote:With the decline of Italian football in general one would almost forget about the steady decline of Milan over the last years.

Inter just won the CL.

He talked about Italian teams Doh
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Inter just win the trofeo TIM, we drew 1-1 with Juve (Dinho scored a lovely goal) and won on penalties - Amelia saved from Pepe and Amauri - and just drewm 0-0 with Inter (Inzaghi hit the bar, Borriello also missed a good chance)with a less experienced side but lost on penalties, finished on 3pts.

Two weeks to the start of the season, i think we can finish top 4, but will be very hard campaign.

Last edited by Pirlo on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:36 am

Can you post the penalty shooters from both teams and from both games?
Cheb Hamouda

Number of posts : 421
Favourite Player : Pirlo, Nesta, Pique, Kaka, T. Silva, Sneijder
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 am

SLG wrote:Can you post the penalty shooters from both teams and from both games?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkBSm4RrQks&playnext=1&videos=ficrGcqIMZ0&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQ7WU0a3As&playnext=1&videos=gvZgyg1sxnQ&feature=sub
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:46 am

I really dont like Borriello... he has no specialty except hesitating infront of goal! We need a great striker, an assasin, like Shevchenko was! Maybe this will be Patos breakthrough season anyway I hope he stays injury free!

What do you think the formation will be, Allegri already indicated that he will play 433, with Pirlo and Flamini playing important roles in midfield, so I wonder who will take the last spot will it be Ambrosini the captain or Seedorf the influential player and the connector with the attack, or can Boateng prove his doubters wrong and land that spot?

Personally I see that we face a big dilemma in that final spot, because from what we have seen in pre season Flamini is given more freedom to attack so he is not the destructor we signed him to be, and Pirlo was never a great defender, and neither does Seedorf track back to win the ball so that option is not logical, but at the same time, only Seedorf is able to make those smart short passes that moves the team as a unit into the opponents end, Ambrosini the ball winner definately cannot do it.

The player that has the in between characteristics is Boateng who wins balls and likes to aid the attack but whether he fits in is a big question.

Then we have to ask ourselves what will be the role of Merkel and Strasser who will be promoted to the first team and also the role of Gattuso who was asked to stay when in reality it should have been his final season for us?

CMs: Pirlo, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Flamini, Gattuso, Merkel, Strasser, Abate.

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Borriello only seemed to play well when Ronaldinho was playing well.

Ambrosini was fantastic last season, comfortably Milan's best player. I don't know what to make of Pirlo, some games he was completely non-existent, sometimes he was dominating the midfield with his passing but at the same time, Milan weren't winning those games - Bologna away is a great example of this. Pirlo was the focal point in constructing Milan's attack, but with all their ball possession and territorial dominance, Bologna were still relatively comfortable in defence. This forced Milan to push men even more forward, giving Marco Di Vaio a few countering opportunities he should have done more with. Milan were always at their best when attacking with expansion and pace - Interestingly enough, when Milan were at their best it was Ambrosini, Dinho and Borriello leading the charge.
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:11 pm

I think Pirlo had a good season last year, he realised he has become the most influential player on the team with Nesta and he was consistently performing.. but as you mentioned there were several games where he was creating but nothing was coming out of it, I dont know whether this is Pirlos fault or Borriello missing those opportunities, infact the game that comes to my mind the most is the game vs Roma in Olympico, where Pirlo did almost everything, intercepting the ball, skillfully beats a defender then unleashes a pass to Borriello who hesitates before he decides to blast the ball into the side netting when he had Pato I think wide open next to him!

I think Pirlos peformances for Milan are almost undisputable, even when he is on a bad day it is better then when he is not there at all.

Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Ambrosini was Milan's shining light along with Thiago.S. Dinho was good/spectacular in patches and similar can be said of Borriello to a lesser extent.

The season just wasn't to Pirlo's standard last season mate. Against smaller sides there was little space for him to create from deep and Milan play with a narrow midfield but in the past they've had fullbacks going forward and creating the width. Apart from Antonini and Abate, very little attacking options were being provided from the wide defenders. In the Roma game you mentioned, Leonardo started with:

Dinho---Borriello---Huntelaar
-----Flamini*---Ambrosini----
------------Pirlo---------------

* - may have been someone else, but pretty sure it was Flam.

That team is exceptionally narrow, yet the fullbacks still didn't aid in attack.

Against the bigger sides, (I didn't watch you guys in the CL) Pirlo was nullified and dominated in midfield - Zanetti + Bolatti, Inter's holding men, etc.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:49 am

Thiago Silva + Sokratis = beasts

both excellent tonight against Juve, our CBs are so much better this year. We are no longer screwed if Nesta doesn't play.

We should (ideally) get rid of Kala and Onyewu though.

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 am

I'm really excited to see Pato this year, if he remains injury free he will explode like messi did a few years back, after beinh troubled with injuries consistently.
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:07 am

Black Magic wrote:Ambrosini was Milan's shining light along with Thiago.S. Dinho was good/spectacular in patches and similar can be said of Borriello to a lesser extent.

The season just wasn't to Pirlo's standard last season mate. Against smaller sides there was little space for him to create from deep and Milan play with a narrow midfield but in the past they've had fullbacks going forward and creating the width. Apart from Antonini and Abate, very little attacking options were being provided from the wide defenders. In the Roma game you mentioned, Leonardo started with:

Dinho---Borriello---Huntelaar
-----Flamini*---Ambrosini----
------------Pirlo---------------

* - may have been someone else, but pretty sure it was Flam.

That team is exceptionally narrow, yet the fullbacks still didn't aid in attack.

Against the bigger sides, (I didn't watch you guys in the CL) Pirlo was nullified and dominated in midfield - Zanetti + Bolatti, Inter's holding men, etc.
Yes that is very true, our full backs were horrible last year nothing like when we had Cafu and Serginho Twisted Evil

I am still worried about our situation with our full backs as Antonini seems to be a starter which is dissapointing because although he works well he still is not a dominant player and will easily get floored vs the likes of Maicon. On the right it doesnt seem to me that Abate will play there anymore although I think he had a few good performances there but he sucks at sending crosses once he joins an attack. Then we renewed Oddo's deal which is very dissapointing since Oddo seems to me like he gives negative energy to the team, hes always frustrated because he is too slow to catch up with an attack and such. We have Zambrotta who is experienced, but in reality hes not the same anymore and he doesnt add much to the attack like he used to. Sokratis is another option but he too is not the best at going forward. While Jankulovski is a very bad defender.

And you are correct about Pirlo being nullified in the big games, you should have seen vs Man Utd in Old Trafford, I travelled to Manchester to watch that game, and Park Ji Sung was glued to Pirlo all game long, and as a result Milan could not function at all that match it was painful to watch we had no other player who could create something!

Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 am

Allegri is really pushing Ronaldinho, people say he's in his best physical shape in years.

Allegri said that last year Dinho played throughout the season weighing 87 kg; 2-3 weeks ago he was down to 81 and yesterday in the friendly against Juve he looked lean and fit.

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 am

Saw that video earlier...some of his touches and intended passes were superb. He even dribbled past his man a couple of times! If he can stay fit all season long, Milan can do really well ok

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:14 pm

They need to give the boss a better player to play with god damn it.
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Ronaldinho needs to shoot more often, he already regained his passes and dribbling techniques, we need him to score more often!
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm

With Dinho in form,,WHO NEEDS IBRAH? spend the money elsewhere
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 am

SLG wrote:With Dinho in form,,WHO NEEDS IBRAH? spend the money elsewhere

Thats the whole point of this transfer! ... THERE IS NO MONEY INVOLVED WHOOOOOTT!! cheers jocolor geek
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:46 am

Cheb Hamouda wrote:
SLG wrote:With Dinho in form,,WHO NEEDS IBRAH? spend the money elsewhere

Thats the whole point of this transfer! ... THERE IS NO MONEY INVOLVED WHOOOOOTT!! cheers jocolor geek

Barca will be really really stupid to accept a loan deal where they end up paying Ibra's wages.... even with the "gift" of Borriello.
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 pm

well they are saying its a loan deal but we would have to buy him next year for 40m, or was it an option to buy because if he fails then we could just ignore than option I guess.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:32 pm

there is no chance in hell that he fails Wink
TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Red n' Black wrote:there is no chance in hell that he fails Wink

Not in hell, but in heaven yes.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Milan suddenly have a pretty good team with ibra

Murray

Number of posts : 10197

Post by Murray on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Apart from all the old guys in midfield, a load of dodgy fullbacks and no good goalies it is quite a good team.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:20 pm

I don't know if they need a choker in attack and especially not in a 4-3-4 which is probably what Milan will be playing. Ibra has already shown he can't deliver in that position because he no longer plays for the best team in the league that can easily dominate the others. He is simply not the type they need. They should have gone for Adebayor or somebody similar. Incredible that Milan will make the same mistake that Barcelona did allthough I suspect Berlu is going after him simply for the fact that it will help shut Milan's fans up.
DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
Supports : Celta Vigo
Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valern, Ral
Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Pato is going to have to pay his ex-wife, of nine months, 130,000 as part of his divorce settlement (and 20% of any future earnings).

Laugh

http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/608824/alexandre-pato-pagara-pension-130-mil-dolares-mensuales-su-ex-esposa

T_D_S P_T_S
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:44 am

Super Laudrup wrote:I don't know if they need a choker in attack and especially not in a 4-3-4 which is probably what Milan will be playing. Ibra has already shown he can't deliver in that position because he no longer plays for the best team in the league that can easily dominate the others. He is simply not the type they need. They should have gone for Adebayor or somebody similar. Incredible that Milan will make the same mistake that Barcelona did allthough I suspect Berlu is going after him simply for the fact that it will help shut Milan's fans up.

Who would you recommend?

If I had the choice then I would sign Dzeko in a split second, but I think Ibra is a good player to have at the moment and given the deal we are discussing it seems like a great deal so far. I think he is also much more suited to Italy than Spain, with Barca its alot of quick passing going on then when it suddenly gets to him the tempo seems to immedietly slow down because he likes to hold it up, in Italy he can afford doing that because the tempo is already slower and it will draw defenders for him to pass onto Pato. I hope this deal goes through anyway since if he doesnt live up to expectations we can use that 40m we are supposed to spend on him next year for Dzeko. But my question is why would Barca accept a loss of 30m so easily?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:39 am