AC Milan 2010-11

Cheb Hamouda

Number of posts : 421
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Pirlo, Nesta, Pique, Kaka, T. Silva, Sneijder
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Re: AC Milan 2010-11

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:02 am

I forgot to discuss what I saw during the game with all this Ibra saga going on:

To start with I thought we were very good defensively in the first half, Nesta and Silva showing how good they are when playing together, I dont like Bonera I think we should use him to sign Poli from Sampdoria he is used as a versatile defender but he is not good in any role and if he plays at full back Id rather he doesnt push up too much, Antonini was OK which is what he usually is. In the second Jankulovski looks shaky, misplacing some passes but made a few interceptions and tried to join the attack, Abate looked shaky and is to be blamed for being defeated on the Adriano cross for Barcas goal but grew in confidence with the game but still looks shaky on the right and doesnt help alot going forward (maybe a loan to someone like fiorentina would do him good). Yepes was a great presence very precise in the tackle, Sokratis was OK but decent.

In midfield our metronomes were off today, Pirlo was slower than the tempo of the game and Seedorf never found his rythm tonight. Our ball winners were much better, Boateng having some very good moments then some embarassing moments which I think is down to lack of match fitness but good to have him for the season we need someone like him. The younger players did not add much but I think its a good experience to play a quick team like barca in a monumental stadium like Nou Camp.

In attack Ronnie was interested in entertaining the crowd and did little to help Milan, Borriello ran alot for a change but has no clue what to do when in posession which is why he annoys me so much, Huntelaar sucked so bad and he was played on the wing again for some fucked up reason, one of them has to go. I like Oduamadi alot, he is a very active player and has a good football brain, he doesnt hold the ball for too long but he can dribble when needed, all he needs is more confidence I hope he will be given alot of chances this season. Inzaghi showed why I love him, a very hard worker and great instinctive shot on that cross, amazing goal!

In goal Roma was probably the most impressive player today making great saves and guessing correctly for all spot kicks.

I think with Pato and Zambrotta on the field we would have looked much more assured and dangerous.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:18 am

Cheb Hamouda wrote:
Super Laudrup wrote:I don't know if they need a choker in attack and especially not in a 4-3-4 which is probably what Milan will be playing. Ibra has already shown he can't deliver in that position because he no longer plays for the best team in the league that can easily dominate the others. He is simply not the type they need. They should have gone for Adebayor or somebody similar. Incredible that Milan will make the same mistake that Barcelona did allthough I suspect Berlu is going after him simply for the fact that it will help shut Milan's fans up.

Who would you recommend?

If I had the choice then I would sign Dzeko in a split second, but I think Ibra is a good player to have at the moment and given the deal we are discussing it seems like a great deal so far. I think he is also much more suited to Italy than Spain, with Barca its alot of quick passing going on then when it suddenly gets to him the tempo seems to immedietly slow down because he likes to hold it up, in Italy he can afford doing that because the tempo is already slower and it will draw defenders for him to pass onto Pato. I hope this deal goes through anyway since if he doesnt live up to expectations we can use that 40m we are supposed to spend on him next year for Dzeko. But my question is why would Barca accept a loss of 30m so easily?

If we had the 40m that is supposed to be spent on Ibra, I'd rather we spend it to buy some young decent defenders n midfielders
The fact that we don't chase Aquilani, Cigarini n Diamanti when they are available with cheap price still iritate me

This midfield looks good (asuming we don't get Ibrah yet)

---Aquilani/Pirlo--Cigarini/Ambro

---------Diamanti/Seedorf

-------Pato--Borriello--Dinho
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 am

I think the situation were in we dont need to be spending our precious money on these small name risks especially when they are injury prone as is the case with aquilani. I think we have a decent upcoming generation of midfielders that could become good with some confidence shown in them, and Allegri seems to work well with youngsters. But what we definetly lack is a hungry goal scorer, we never had one ever since Shevchenko left us, with an attacking midfielder (kaka) taking upon that role ever since until he left. If we can become more dangerous on the attack then naturally we will be less prone to attacks but lately weve been having a hard time holding the ball in attack for long periods meaning our defense is always prone to counter attacks against small teams and total dominance against bigger ones.

Also a couple of full backs is another priority especially left footed ones, I think Serginho was a great 'joker' player for us, he would send the opposition into panic whenever he came on with his runs down the wing and we simply have no one who could bust upon defenses in a similar manner.
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:57 am

Full-back is our weakest area and has been for a while now.

I think Antonini-Zambrotta will be the starters, they are decent, assuming that Zambro gets rotated a bit(when he's rested he plays very well, but he can't handle two games a week anymore). I think Abate will get a good chunk of games on the right side, he is improving defensively but I'm still not sure about him. But we really don't have anyone who can make the difference, like back in the day with Serginho and Cafu. (If we somehow get a good full-back plus Ibrahimovic by the end of the month this will be a very very good mercato by Baldie.)

On the contrary, our centre-back department is looking strong this year, if anything we should sell/loan out a couple of centre-backs.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Cheb Hamouda wrote:
Super Laudrup wrote:I don't know if they need a choker in attack and especially not in a 4-3-4 which is probably what Milan will be playing. Ibra has already shown he can't deliver in that position because he no longer plays for the best team in the league that can easily dominate the others. He is simply not the type they need. They should have gone for Adebayor or somebody similar. Incredible that Milan will make the same mistake that Barcelona did allthough I suspect Berlu is going after him simply for the fact that it will help shut Milan's fans up.

Who would you recommend?

If I had the choice then I would sign Dzeko in a split second, but I think Ibra is a good player to have at the moment and given the deal we are discussing it seems like a great deal so far. I think he is also much more suited to Italy than Spain, with Barca its alot of quick passing going on then when it suddenly gets to him the tempo seems to immedietly slow down because he likes to hold it up, in Italy he can afford doing that because the tempo is already slower and it will draw defenders for him to pass onto Pato. I hope this deal goes through anyway since if he doesnt live up to expectations we can use that 40m we are supposed to spend on him next year for Dzeko. But my question is why would Barca accept a loss of 30m so easily?
If Milan wants to have an impact in Cl then I don't know if Zlatan is the way to go. And I don't think he will be as much of an succes at Milan as he was in Inter because Inter dominated teams with ease while Milan will struggle a bit more.
I would for Adebayor before Dzeko. He is more proven in Cl and is a more modern striker as well. He is a more mobile, but still strong, version of Drogba.

Milan could loan Adebayor and use their transfer money to buy some good fullbacks(Maggio/Monreal/Pasqual/Taiwo/Tremoulinas) and get a good central midfielder like Banega/Ledesma.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:56 pm

I think they're probably going to focus more on challenging in the league though.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:59 pm

fcb wrote:I think they're probably going to focus more on challenging in the league though.
Probably allthough Galliani/Berlusconi has always rated CL higher then the league. Either way Adebayor is a better player even if Zlatan does have a lot of experience in winning the title in Italy. Plus he would probably be cheaper so no reason I can think of to buy Zlatan.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
fcb wrote:I think they're probably going to focus more on challenging in the league though.
Probably allthough Galliani/Berlusconi has always rated CL higher then the league. Either way Adebayor is a better player even if Zlatan does have a lot of experience in winning the title in Italy. Plus he would probably be cheaper so no reason I can think of to buy Zlatan.

I am sorry Super, I don't think Adebayor or Dzeko are better than Ibra. So I do hope Milan end up with one of them than Ibra. Ibrahimovic has so much more to his game than just goals. Our team was build around him, he was more effective in Serie A than Kaka.

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 pm

super has a strange way of rating players, adebayor being better than ibra
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:41 pm

I agree with you bluenine, especially in the last couple of years he was hands down the best player in Serie A.

From a Milan fan perspective, I believe Dzeko would have made more sense, as in long term sense(he is a Milan fan, younger, much lower wages etc). But I have no doubts that Ibra NOW is a better player than Dzeko. Regarding Adebayor, I certainly wouldn't mind him but Ibra is overall a better player than him as well.

When Milan was close to signing Ibra in 2006(following the Calciopoli) I remember telling my friends that he would be an awesome signing and would replace Sheva perfectly. Most of them disagreed and said he's a showponny, can't carry a team bla bla bla. Well, he carried Inter to league title after league title. Laughing
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:01 pm

I don't want to get into a discussion about which if the two is the better player so instead let us just focus on which is best suited for Milan. Looked at from this perspective I can't see why people would say Ibra would be better then Adebayor. Zlatan has already shown that he struggles in a 4-3-3 which is logical since he isn't a central striker and while he may have the appearance of one he simply isn't. Adebayor on the other hand is perfect for it since he can hold up the ball well plus he is strong and fast. Now if Milan is going for the league and not CL then it won't hurt them that much since it will be more about winning against the weaker sides.

I can't think of a single reason for why Milan should choose Zlatan over Adebayor.
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:35 am

In all fairness Milan never really played with a true CF except for Inzaghi, our top scorers have always been the support striker, so it was Sheva since he joined until he left then Kaka took that role and Seedorf became attacking mid. Every true CF we purchased has flopped badly for us (Gilardino, Borriello, Huntelaar) plus that no.11 shirt seems like a curse!

So if we do sign Ibra I hope he will not just wait in the penalty area like a pole, I expect him to receive alot of balls from outside the box while Pato and Ronaldinho (Berlusconi always says Ronnie should play more upfield) should run inside looking for the through ball. Also I hope the front 3 dont stick to their sides of the field, one thing I thought that was limiting Pato's game last year was that he was playing on the right all the time, I think he should play more central sometimes, if the defence is too close together then going to the right like Sheva used to do very often is a smart choice, but he is more effective when he can shoot at the right he wastes too much time trying to dribble.

As for the Adebayor suggestion, I dont think he is a possibility because he is a non-EU player otherwise Milan would have been after his signature like they have been for the past 3 seasons. And as much as I like how his game has developed I think he lacks the ball control that Ibra has, Adebayor would be better in Europe where there is more space between the defensive line and the goalie while Ibras presence in the attack can ruin the defensive pattern of SerieA sides.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:04 pm

According to some sources, we are close to signing Sebastian Coates, 19 yr old Uruguay international. I hope it happens, as he is a promising CB and very tall, 1.96m.

Yesterday we also got another Uruguayan, Bruno Montelongo (22 years old) RB/RW. He is on loan with a right to buy. Don't know much about him , so I don't really know if he'll feature at all. He is 22 though, so he isn't going to the Primavera.

All in all, I think this was a good mercato, better than most of us expected. Ibra is of course a huge signing. Boateng and Sokratis are smart signings, and very young, 23 & 22 years old respectively. Both are expected to play an important role this year. Amelia looked impressive in pre-season and if he can recapture his form of old he will be a steal. Yepes is solid backup for our CBs and came for free.

The other positive thing was that the management continued what they started last year by investing in the youth sectors. Fossati, Carmona, Desole (and Coates hopefully) are considered good prospects and there are already some promising players in the Primavera.

If Baldie brings in a quality fullback(though I doubt we will sign anyone else) we will have to go a step further and declare this a great mercato. I will also change my avatar to an Adriano Galliani picture till Christmas. Laughing

Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 am

Hear Hear!! <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

I feel so alive again! Hug

Galliani you fucker, you put me through so much agony but youre a cunning fella you like to surprise us Blush

Ibrahimovic you better revive this team!

Forza Milan! The DIAVOLO is coming back! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:46 am

Called up players for tonight:

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Roma;
Defenders: Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva,
Midfielders: Abate, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Strasser,
Forwards: Borriello, Inzaghi, Oduamadi, Pato, Ronaldinho.

Injured: Oddo, Flamini.

Not called: Jankulovski, Kaladze, Onyewu, Zambrotta, Yepes, Huntelaar.

Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:57 am

So what are you expectations for the season? With Ibra coming in, do you think that you will be challenging for the scudetto?

It would be nice if somebody could add a little competition to the Serie A, cause I am pretty certain that Juve will be in transition and Roma will selfdestruct (and Italian version of Atletico)
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:55 pm

I don't think Ibra will bridge the gap. With him we certainly have a player that can break a frustrating deadlock against Cesena or even Bologna, but we will still find it tough going. The problem is our midfield is slow, and the fast players--Flamini or KP Boateng--have yet to prove themselves as players who can spread the play.

I think we will still finish second with Ibra. Inter's squad is deep. True, Ronaldinho is fitter and did reasonably well last season, but we don't have anyone that can distribute in the middle. Pirlo is not the player he was and Seedorf deliberates on the ball too much.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Milan have bought Montelongo, who is a young 22 yr old RB.... is he any good? That could be the solution to yr FB problems.

Likely Milan Squad for 2010-11:
GKs: Abbiati, Amelia, Roma
CBs: Nesta, Thiago Silva, Papa, Yepes, Bonera, Onyewu
FBs: Antonini, Zambrotta, Montelongo, Oddo, Jankulovski, (Papa)
Mids: Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Flamini, Seedorf, Strasser
Wing: Dinho, Abate, Oduamadi?
Str: Ibrahimovic, Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi

Thats not bad, and a good mix of young and old.... its starting too tilt towards the young side. I think you can challenge Inter now, coz Benitez will take time to find his feet...
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:59 pm

bluenine wrote:Milan have bought Montelongo, who is a young 22 yr old RB.... is he any good? That could be the solution to yr FB problems.

Likely Milan Squad for 2010-11:
GKs: Abbiati, Amelia, Roma
CBs: Nesta, Thiago Silva, Papa, Yepes, Bonera, Onyewu
FBs: Antonini, Zambrotta, Montelongo, Oddo, Jankulovski, (Papa)
Mids: Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Flamini, Seedorf, Strasser
Wing: Dinho, Abate, Oduamadi?
Str: Ibrahimovic, Pato, Borriello, Inzaghi

Thats not bad, and a good mix of young and old.... its starting too tilt towards the young side. I think you can challenge Inter now, coz Benitez will take time to find his feet...

Don't know much about him, but he plays as RB and is supposed to be fast and can also score.
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:31 pm

We also signed a 19 year old defender who is 1.96m tall, i forgot his name!
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Coates, I posted about him a couple of days ago.

But are you sure we signed him? Last I read was that we had made an offer.

If we have signed him then it's great news, he's a big prospect.
Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:34 am

I read on acmilanclub.com, his name is carmona perez, i guess its not the same guy i described my mistake. We also got half the ownershiip of boateng with genoa. and Adiyah is on loan to Reggina for the season.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 pm

So after all is said and done, a mercato that neither of us probably expected, reminiscent of the days when Silvio used to give a fuck Smile

Full credit to Baldie, always maintained he was capable and smart, but his hands were tied for years now. Once he got the go ahead, he made some amazing deals, proving how shrewd he can be.

So we have:

IN: Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Boateng, Sokratis, Yepes, Amelia, Montelongo and youngsters Fossati, Filkor, Daminuta, Carmona, Santonocito.

OUT: Borriello, Huntelaar, Kaladze, Dida, Favalli, Storari

I'm expecting Allegri to eventually settle with something like this:

-------------------------------------Ibra

-----Ronaldinho---------------------------------------------------------------------Pato

----------------------Boateng----------Pirlo----------------Flamini

--------------Antonini---------Nesta-----Thiago Silva--------------Sokratis(not sure at all, expect rotation here)

--------------------------------Abbiatti/Amelia---------------------------

Bench: At fullback Zambrotta, Abate and Bonera will get their fair share of games. I've never seen Montelongo play but they say he is a 22 year old RB/RW who's fast and skillful. If he is good then he will surely play a lot as well. At CB, I'm not worried at all, Sokratis(especially) and Yepes are very good cover at CB. I'm not counting in crap players like Onyewu, Oddo, Jankulovski etc cause I don't expect them to see much of the field at all.

In midfield, I expect Seedorf to play a vice-Pirlo role, with Ambrosini, Strasser and Gattuso(in that order) covering for Flams/KPB. Maybe Merkel too, I think he can develop into a great box-to-box midfielder over the years, he is only 18 and Allegri seems to like him a lot. I think Strasser is ahead of him only because physically Strasser is a beast, despite his young age.

Up front, obviously Robinho will play a lot. Pato is injury prone and there are suspensions, fatigue etc. Pippo with the occasional supersub appearance. Then we have the promoted primavera players, Oduamadi and Verdi who should get some time as wing forwards. Oduamadi physically much more mature, but Verdi, even though only 17 is our best prospect in years(alongside Merkel IMO). He is fast, skillful and has very good off ball movement, but still weak physically.

We are gradually phasing out the old players and the club has made some great investments in the youth sector, which will bear fruits over the next few years. We have some very good prospects coming up. And the only 'old' player we rely on is basically Nesta, so I don't get the whole 'Milan's team is ancient' thing.

Overall, not a super team by any means, but a significantly improved team, that could challenge for the Scudetto. We are weak at full-back, but have decent depth pretty much everywhere else really. Inter is still ahead IMO, mainly due to their bigger depth and the fact that their team is gelled and ready. But the gap has narrowed, so who knows. Then there's also the Benitez vs Allegri factor, we'll see how that one pans out.

Even if we don't win anything, the club should persist with the core of this team and make a couple of quality additions next year(FB+midfielder), and I think we can be on our way to becoming a great team once again. It doesn't happen overnight.

Last edited by Red n' Black on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 pm

edit
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Ibra as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 doesn't really work. Borriello may not have been everyone's cup of team but he played the role of a target man much better than Ibra ever will.

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 pm

Giovanni Del Bobo wrote:Ibra as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 doesn't really work. Borriello may not have been everyone's cup of team but he played the role of a target man much better than Ibra ever will.

Indeed he does which is why I wanted him to be included in the ibra deal
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 am

@Bobo:

you know I rate Borriello, mate. Yeah he's quite possibly better in acting as the battering ram, playing with his back to goal and doing the dirty work, but personally I'd rather have Ibra any day of the week.

I don't expect a rigid 4-3-3; Pato is positioned on the right but he always makes those runs to the box like a #9 (I've said it before, notice Pato's movement, instinct etc; for me Pato plays like a main striker and not a SS).

Sure, Ibra's tendencies are to drop deep and float around, but I expect him to take advantage of Pato's movement and put him in a lot more scoring situations in addition to getting a decent amount of goals himself.

Cheb Hamouda

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:30 am

I would like to see our attacking 3 move around freely, I dont like to limit a player like Pato to the right hand side only, and I also like it if Ronaldinho picks up the ball from the middle, now that he has his pace again he can dribble in the middle before releasing a pass or take a shot (something he should do more often).

Its a good thing we signed Robinho, because at times last season it looked like Pato was the only one capable of running at defenders, for example when we played Inter in the 2nd part of the season Pato was missing and there was no one to ruin the structure of the Inter defence with dangerous runs, with Pato and Robinho on each side the opponents defence cannot play so closely against us they will be forced to take unfavorable positions.
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:48 pm

There's a completely different atmosphere around the city now, i've just got back from Milano where i spent a few days for work, fortunately coinciding with the last days of the transfer window and i went to the Lecce game too, absolutely magic atmosphere when Zlatan was introduced at half time and what a show from Dinho, Pato, Pirlo and Seedorf!

The news from the city claimed that Mexes was going to join as part of the Borriello deal but Galliani refused a part exchange?? Strange if true, but anyway, absolute optimism now that we can steal the scudetti Inter won when we were weakened and if Allegri can continue his philosophies of expansive attacking teams with good pressing then we can hope for some great results and even better fantasy football! Very Happy

Abbiati
Sokratis, Nesta, Thiago, Antonini
Pirlo, Ambrosini
Robinho, Pato, Ronaldinho
Ibrahimovic.

Twisted Evil
Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
Supports : Man City
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:04 am

Glad to see Milan bringing in some big names and looking forward to seing how they do. I know they are shipping out the older players and rebuilding and was just wondering what the average age of the Milan squad is now ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:51 am