Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: AC Milan 2010-11

Post by Super Progress on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

Even when Berlusconi is doing his best impression of Roman Calderon he comes across as more senile than he did.

It's sad.

This move is impossible for many reasons:

1) Real are a bigger club and have more resources
2) La Liga is a more attractive league than Serie A
3) Mourinho
4) Ronaldo is happy there

I think the closest we're going to get to Ronaldo is when he testifies in court in the Berlusconi case (it was rumoured that he was going to).
We have more money but don't know if we are really a bigger club. I would put Real Madrid and Milan on top in my opinion. I agree with Jaime that Ronaldo might be swayed eventually to leave his "dream club". I wouldn't mind that much personally since he doesn't do enough defensive work for me taste.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Jaime wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
Even when Berlusconi is doing his best impression of Roman Calderon he comes across as more senile than he did.

It's sad.

lol!

This move is impossible for many reasons:

1) Real are a bigger club and have more resources
2) La Liga is a more attractive league than Serie A
3) Mourinho
4) Ronaldo is happy there

I think the closest we're going to get to Ronaldo is when he testifies in court in the Berlusconi case (it was rumoured that he was going to).

1. Not really bigger.
2. Maybe but I think Ronaldo will get bored of Spain eventually.
3. Might not even be back next year.
4. Ronaldo is happy wherever there are lots of pretty girls.

But even happier where there are lots of pretty boys..
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:27 pm

1) Hmm...I think it's close, but Real do have that, and I hate to put it so tritely, je ne sais quoi that neutrals latch on to. Two more European Cups have also contributed to this. Of course, it also depends on demography. If one were lucid during the late 1980s and 1990s, you could see why they would say Milan are as big if not bigger. So you have to take a larger time period. It also depends on players. No player in the world--bred-in-the-bone allegiances excepted--would turn down Real Madrid in favour of Milan. And this despite the administrative chaos that often prevails at the club. I think both are Tier 1 clubs, but Real edges it for me.

@Murray

Perhaps. But I also think it's a smokescreen to divert attention from the club's real targets, which are widely believed to include Ganso, Hernanes, and even Javier Pastore (even if the last one strains credibility).

Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Supports : AC Milan
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 pm

DIS just came out and said that Ganso wants Milan.

This is the player we should be getting(and I hope we do); no CR, no Robben (even though they are both great players).

Ganso + a CM like Modric/Hernanes + top LB and we're on the right path to do some damage in Europe once again. (we will also have Mexes for next year, if the rumours are to be believed).

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Red n' Black wrote:DIS just came out and said that Ganso wants Milan.

This is the player we should be getting(and I hope we do); no CR, no Robben (even though they are both great players).

Ganso + a CM like Modric/Hernanes + top LB and we're on the right path to do some damage in Europe once again. (we will also have Mexes for next year, if the rumours are to be believed).

Sounds about right although I'm not a big fan of Mexes I gues he would a fine player as a backup. Perhaps playing in a more solid team like Milan(at least under Alegri) and next to Nesta will help.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:06 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:1) Hmm...I think it's close, but Real do have that, and I hate to put it so tritely, je ne sais quoi that neutrals latch on to. Two more European Cups have also contributed to this. Of course, it also depends on demography. If one were lucid during the late 1980s and 1990s, you could see why they would say Milan are as big if not bigger. So you have to take a larger time period. It also depends on players. No player in the world--bred-in-the-bone allegiances excepted--would turn down Real Madrid in favour of Milan. And this despite the administrative chaos that often prevails at the club. I think both are Tier 1 clubs, but Real edges it for me.

@Murray

Perhaps. But I also think it's a smokescreen to divert attention from the club's real targets, which are widely believed to include Ganso, Hernanes, and even Javier Pastore (even if the last one strains credibility).

This is it for me. I remember those Milan teams that kept beating the Quinta del Buitre in the European Cup. I remember Capello's team that went unbeaten in Serie A and the one that destroyed the "Dream Team" in Athens. You've won more CLs this last decade as well so I think even more recent followers of football would think of Milan right up there equal with anyone.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:49 am

Super Laudrup wrote:

Sounds about right although I'm not a big fan of Mexes I gues he would a fine player as a backup. Perhaps playing in a more solid team like Milan(at least under Alegri) and next to Nesta will help.

Yeah, I think Mexes is pretty good but not at the very top echelon of CBs. But yeah, for a backup CB he is not bad at all, plus he brings aerial ability and strength/physicality which are traits that we need. Also Mexes tends to play a lot better with a 'leader' next to him; so I believe he will be pretty good alongside more composed defenders like Nesta and Thiago Silva.

Assuming this is a done deal, then Ganso + CM + LB would be a great mercato for us. We also have several contracts expiring so I'm curious to see which players the club will decide to keep. At the moment they haven't really offered extensions to anyone. I'm sure that Roma, Jankulovksi and Legrotagglie are goners while in Nesta's case, the club will obviously try to retain him. Assuming this is how everything pans out, it leaves Ambrosini, Pirlo, Van Bommel, Seedorf and Inzaghi with uncertain futures.

bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 am

Red n' Black wrote:
Super Laudrup wrote:

Yeah, I think Mexes is pretty good but not at the very top echelon of CBs. But yeah, for a backup CB he is not bad at all, plus he brings aerial ability and strength/physicality which are traits that we need. Also Mexes tends to play a lot better with a 'leader' next to him; so I believe he will be pretty good alongside more composed defenders like Nesta and Thiago Silva.

Assuming this is a done deal, then Ganso + CM + LB would be a great mercato for us. We also have several contracts expiring so I'm curious to see which players the club will decide to keep. At the moment they haven't really offered extensions to anyone. I'm sure that Roma, Jankulovksi and Legrotagglie are goners while in Nesta's case, the club will obviously try to retain him. Assuming this is how everything pans out, it leaves Ambrosini, Pirlo, Van Bommel, Seedorf and Inzaghi with uncertain futures.

Why would you want the error prone Mexes, who is slightly mental and whose career will only go downhill from here... when you have your youth product on co-ownership at Cagliari who is doing so well this season... Astori is 24, a Milan youth product who understands your system/culture well, looks quite gifted, and has even broken through to the Azzurri line up...

Plus it will be good for Italy if the 4 national CBs (Chiellini, Ranocchia, Bonucci, & Astori) play for Inter, Juve and Milan... like Nesta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Iuliano... or Baresi, Bergomi, Ferrara, De Agostini/Costacurta... etc
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am

I like Astori and of course I wouldn't mind it if we brought him back, the only issue I see is with the fact that we don't fully own him and we will have to pay a decent sum to Celino to release him; whereas Mexes will come on a free transfer.

But yeah, obviously I would like Astori to return to Milan.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 am

GRAZIE ALLEGRI cheers

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun May 08, 2011 3:22 am

SIAMO CAMPIONI D'ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!

Grazie per avermi fatto Rossonero!

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun May 08, 2011 11:59 am

Cool

abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Sun May 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Congrats guys

12 points against us and Napoli, enuf said ok

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks abundance!
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun May 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Was just reading on the situation with our expiring contracts and this is how the landscape more or less looks like:

Amelia: Leaving and will be replaced by Marchetti

Roma: Leaving

Jankulovksi: Leaving

Nesta: Staying in all likelihood for one more year. He is still good and the management want to keep him.

MVB: Almost 100% staying. One of the most consistent performers of the season and Allegri likes him in that anchor/destroyer role.

Inzaghi: Staying for one more year as 5th-6th striker.

Pirlo: from what I understand, we want to keep him but at significantly lower wages than what he's earning. There's interest from Juventus as well, in all likelihood Juventus can give him the money he wants.

Seedorf: Uncertain. Looked like he was out, but his performances over the past two months might convince the management to give him a 1 year deal, onviously at reduced wages.

Ambrosini: Uncertain. If he stays it will be on lower wages, like the other vets.

For next season, Mexes, Taiwo, and possibly Marchetti look like certainties. Braida and Galliani have started mentioning Ganso in interviews lately so I guess the interest is real.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Mon May 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Milan have signed Philippe Mexes and Taye Taiwo for next season, boss Massimiliano Allegri has revealed ahead of their Coppa Italia semi-final.

Speaking before Tuesday’s Italian Cup encounter against Palermo, Allegri made the revelation when asked about the club’s summer plans.

“We’ll be fine in defence as we’ve signed Mexes and Taiwo,” he noted on Monday afternoon.

Both defenders will arrive on Bosman free deals and will join from Roma and Marseille respectively.

Mexes may not be fit enough to start the campaign though as he is currently recovering from knee ligament surgery.

Turning to Tuesday’s game in Sicily, after the first leg ended 2-2, Allegri insisted his side are hungry and ready to win following Saturday’s clinching of the Scudetto.

“Does a possible Final with Inter fascinate me? I’m just fascinated by the Final,” continued the former Cagliari Coach.

“The side is mentally prepared for the game against Palermo and I’m sure we’ll play a great match.

“There was euphoria at training today after winning the title, but the squad then trained as normal.

“Mentally they are ready. We know that we are Milan and we can’t go to Palermo and play poorly.

“When you are at Milan you can’t stop when you win something because after the Scudetto there is the Coppa Italia, after the Coppa there is the Super Cup…

“You have to always look ahead, that’s a rule of life for me.”

The tactician does have his selection problems though for the Cup clash, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic just one man who is struggling with fitness.

“We have to evaluate the condition of Ibrahimovic who we hope to recover and Kevin Prince Boateng too, as well as Gianluca Zambrotta and Alessandro Nesta.”

football-italia
gone

Number of posts : 3455
Supports : Steaua
Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone on Mon May 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Mon May 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Taiwo and Mexes confirmed by Allegri today.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Mon May 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue May 17, 2011 2:15 am

AWESOME Jacko
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Tue May 17, 2011 10:19 am

Sandro could be in his way to San Siro,,swap with Flamini
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Tue May 17, 2011 10:46 am

Great buy (if it happens), Sandro.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooo I wanted Sandro!
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Tue May 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Thiago Silva has renewed until 2016 cheers

Van Bommel and Flavio Roma (3rd goalie) renew for one more year.

Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue May 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Like that's happening Laughing
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Wed May 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Just announced, Nesta has renewed his contract for one more year.

Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Wed May 18, 2011 5:28 pm

and Inzaghi till 2012 to end his career.

However, the big story is that Pirlo is leaving.

“I am here to say goodbye,” he told Sky Sport Italia outside the Milan headquarters in Via Turati this afternoon.

“These were 10 unforgettable years and it’s a consensual separation. Do I hope Milan will regret losing me? Yes.”

Not the Maestro, damn it.. Evil or Very Mad
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Wed May 18, 2011 6:27 pm

It was 17 years ago today

Milan 4-0 Barcelona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrL0uErzK0o&feature=youtu.be
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Fri May 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Today Galliani confirmed some issues regarding the Summer transfer campaign

- we will sign Marchetti if Amelia leaves, he also confirmed talks with Cellino regarding Astori returning and denied we would move for Lazzari
- The 'Mister X' that Raiola has been working five months on is a dynamic left-sided midfielder from abroad. He also said 'Allegri and I both agree on Ganso.' He Categroically denied Kaka and van der vaart.
- If Seedorf leaves we will sign another midfielder.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sat May 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Allegri in the press conference has also mentioned that Pirlo will be replaced by an important player, so I guess they must have something in the works for quite some time now.

We have been linked with a bunch of names lately: Hamsik, Asamoah, Van der Vaart, Fabregas, Pastore, Ganso etc. It could be someone completely unexpected though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 am