AC Milan 2010-11

Murray

Number of posts : 10210
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: AC Milan 2010-11

Post by Murray on Sat May 21, 2011 2:34 pm

I thought Milan would be having a clear out this summer, yet so far they have kept everybody except Pirlo.
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sun May 22, 2011 8:23 pm

To be honest, I don't mind the players we have kept. I wouldn't mind seeing Seedorf go, and I was extremely sad to see Pirlo leave. However, Nesta, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, and Van Bommel are players who need to be retained.

MrDeeds

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post by MrDeeds on Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 am

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:To be honest, I don't mind the players we have kept. I wouldn't mind seeing Seedorf go, and I was extremely sad to see Pirlo leave. However, Nesta, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, and Van Bommel are players who need to be retained.

Only Nesta, the rest needed to leave.

MrDeeds

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post by MrDeeds on Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 am

Murray wrote:I thought Milan would be having a clear out this summer, yet so far they have kept everybody except Pirlo.

Ironically

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed May 25, 2011 12:24 pm

MrDeeds wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:To be honest, I don't mind the players we have kept. I wouldn't mind seeing Seedorf go, and I was extremely sad to see Pirlo leave. However, Nesta, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, and Van Bommel are players who need to be retained.

Only Nesta, the rest needed to leave.

Van Bommel has been excellent for us this season. Ambrosini still has a lot to give, and Inzaghi always does something when he comes on.

Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Supports : AC Milan
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Wed May 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Van Bommel, Ambro and maybe Strasser will rotate at DM.

I wanted to keep Van Bommel and Ambro for one more season to be honest and of course Nesta.

About Seedorf and Inzaghi, I wouldn't mind if we hadn't kept them. But both have renewed for one year on lower terms and both(especially Inzaghi) will be there to provide squad depth (Pippo is gonna be the 5th - or even 6th striker now that Paloschi is back - and I doubt Seedorf will be a starter in midfield). So for a 1 year deal at reduced wages, I'm okay with them staying.

abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Wed May 25, 2011 2:20 pm

MrDeeds wrote:
Murray wrote:I thought Milan would be having a clear out this summer, yet so far they have kept everybody except Pirlo.

Ironically

well, logically if you think about it, of all them oldies he's just the least fit, and the least useful for Allegri's game.

plus he's a couple of years younger than the rest, which means not being keen yet on single years contracts or reduced wages, and still having offers elsewhere

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm

abundance wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:

Ironically

well, logically if you think about it, of all them oldies he's just the least fit, and the least useful for Allegri's game.

plus he's a couple of years younger than the rest, which means not being keen yet on single years contracts or reduced wages, and still having offers elsewhere

ok

As much as I like Pirlo, and I like him a lot, he was sacrificed for philosophical reasons. His high wages didn't help either.

Management saw this is a good opportunity to get him off our books. My only fear is with Seedorf staying, our management, not known always for its swift action, may delay getting us a player who will fill the key role in midfield and give us a jump in quality.

Our midfield now has plenty of steel in Ambro, Van Bommel, and Gattuso. For better or worse, mainly for the worse imo, we also have the infuriatingly unpredictable quality of Seedorf. What worries me is how far KPB can take us. He tracks back, is direct etc. but I don't know if he can take us to the next level in Europe. I don't think he can...
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Supports : AC Milan
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Wed May 25, 2011 3:24 pm

I don't think he can either, Boateng is a good/useful player but he is not a world class player that will carry the team or anything like that.

IMO to have a jump in quality we need a midfielder like Pastore or Ganso; this does not mean I don't like KPB, I do, but I see him more as a supporting player rather than the midfield star.

As it stands, I'd play

----------Van Bommel

-----Rino/Flamini------Boateng

hopefully behind a trquartista like Pastore or Ganso.

It is pretty clear that we definitely need a couple of quality players in midfield (not backup material); as things stand, right now we have depth but not that much quality that would make a difference against the really strong teams in the CL.

abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Well I think the club knows that well.
Your first market target was Ganso, now that it looks it won't happen there've already been rumours circulating about Pastore, Hamsik...

The thing is, good offensive mids don't come cheap, so keeping Seedorf around one more year was the safe thing to do.
Pastore looks quite a stretch, he's pricey and doesn't blend that well with your current formation.
Hamsik would fit better, and if you think about who's his agent...

Anyway even if Milan is serious about buying big in midfield I think nothing will happen until late in the transfer window.
Btw, there's also Cassano who can be used as a bargaining chip with mid-sized clubs.

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 pm

abundance wrote:Well I think the club knows that well.
Your first market target was Ganso, now that it looks it won't happen there've already been rumours circulating about Pastore, Hamsik...

The thing is, good offensive mids don't come cheap, so keeping Seedorf around one more year was the safe thing to do.
Pastore looks quite a stretch, he's pricey and doesn't blend that well with your current formation.
Hamsik would fit better, and if you think about who's his agent...

Anyway even if Milan is serious about buying big in midfield I think nothing will happen until late in the transfer window.
Btw, there's also Cassano who can be used as a bargaining chip with mid-sized clubs.

Agree, but I hope Galliani's favourite refrain of "siamo a posto" is just a tactic. The truth is we have often gotten the wrong player. Olivera for Sheva, Huntelaar to replace Kaka...okay our prep was somewhat rushed in the former case (calciopoli), but the management needs to invest somewhat heavily. Dealing with Zamparini is like dealing with a child, and frankly I don't blame him for his animosity towards us or any of the big clubs. I still think we will bid big for Fabregas, even if we will fail. I think (hope) one of Ganso and Hamsik will be at Milan next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 am