Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Post by fcb on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Cristiano wrote:Ozil around April "I have been a Barcelona fan since I was small, and it is my dream to play for them," he said. "One day, I will complete this dream."

Welcome to The Dark Side Very Happy

Just thought i'll get there before one of the Barca boys mentions it as they are bound to do at some point Laughing

Yup, we know about this.

But apart from that quote, there's also this:

"Bremen want me to fulfil the contract and so do I. I have always said that I want to fulfil my contract, that is important to me" - Mesut Ozil, July 11.

"There are four or five clubs in Europe that you would have to say as a player would be a dream to play for. Manchester United and Chelsea are very much two of them. When you are looking at moving clubs it's impossible not to pay attention to the Premier League and even more impossible not to pay attention to Manchester United and Chelsea" - Mesut Ozil, August 1.

"Bremen had an offer of around €30m from Inter and if we had accepted he would be playing there, but my son has always said that the only club he wants to go to is Real Madrid" - Mesut Ozil's father, August 17.

We should have learned our lesson with Arshavin No
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Can anybody actually remember a case where a player has chosen a certain club because it was his favourite?
The only one I can think of was Harry Kewell who I believe had better offers from big clubs that were doing better then Liverpool were at that point.
fcb

Post by fcb on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Well it's hard to know these things because we don't know for sure who a footballer really supports.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:Can anybody actually remember a case where a player has chosen a certain club because it was his favourite?
The only one I can think of was Harry Kewell who I believe had better offers from big clubs that were doing better then Liverpool were at that point.

Kewell said he chose Pool cos they were on the up and Man Utd were on the way down Doh
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:20 pm

12m euro + Drenthe for.....................

MICHEL BASTOS!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Doh

Good thing Lyon rejected it.

L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:21 pm

wait a few years and we'll give you evra.
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:Can anybody actually remember a case where a player has chosen a certain club because it was his favourite?

Shearer picked Newcastle than United
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Well, AS and Marca both coinciding: Lass is going to stay with Madrid. Mourinho likes his versatility (since he can also cameo as right back). I only hope if he stays that somebody takes the #10 shirt away from him. Biggrin Still think we would do well to sell him if there really are offers from Juve and EPL teams but oh well.

That means (according both Marca and AS) that Diarra, Drenthe, and van der Vaart are the three players destined to leave the club this summer.

And both Marca and AS claiming that in spite of Valdano's comments that there will be no more signings, Mourinho is still asking for a third striker. Benzema is not convincing him plus he wants a tank. I only hope it's Llorente. But after Caparros' comments (We're not a selling club, we're a buying club...in fact, our next target is Xabi Alonso... Laughing ) I think we would probably have to pay his buyout clause. We'll see.
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Or you can sign Gomez instead Biggrin
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm

fcb wrote:Or you can sign Gomez instead Biggrin

Grr
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Wouldn't want to see Llorente sit on Madrid's bench tbh. He's too old for that.

I don't think Madrid need a tank, Benzema + Higuain should be physical enough really. I mean aside from Drogba, few top clubs play with that sort of CF. I think Madrid's strength is pacey, fluid passing in the final third, that's how most of the personnel in the squad play. Do you not have any youth CF's who could take that third spot? If not, Madrid should go for a cheap, experienced option who would be prepared to sit on the bench.

You have excellent midfield options though, for years to come really.

I really hope Mourinho can work on Marcelo's defensive game, because his potential is huge if he can sort that aspect of his game out.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:33 pm

who said gomez is a tank

he has a brilliant technique too, he only showed it not for bayern, he was fantastic in stuttgart, he has a mental problem for bayern and germany

fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:34 pm

"Pacey, fluid passing in the final third"

You're forgetting who the manager is Laughing

And the presence of their 95m star man kind of ruins the "passing" part of it.
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Kroos wrote:who said gomez is a tank

he has a brilliant technique too, he only showed it not for bayern, he was fantastic in stuttgart, he has a mental problem for bayern and germany

By "a mental problem" do you mean "a probably-not-good-enough-for-the-top-level problem" ?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Calidad wrote:Wouldn't want to see Llorente sit on Madrid's bench tbh. He's too old for that.

I don't think Madrid need a tank, Benzema + Higuain should be physical enough really. I mean aside from Drogba, few top clubs play with that sort of CF. I think Madrid's strength is pacey, fluid passing in the final third, that's how most of the personnel in the squad play. Do you not have any youth CF's who could take that third spot? If not, Madrid should go for a cheap, experienced option who would be prepared to sit on the bench.

But Mourinho does (apparently). But moreso if Mourinho is not convinced with Benzema then maybe another striker is needed. I think he has looked alright in preseason but both Marca and AS claim that Mourinho does not like his attitude. In training the other day Mourinho yelled at him "What do you think, you still are playing in France?!?!?!?!?" Yikes I would like to see Alvaro Morata given opportunities. He should still be registered with Castilla so he can get regular matches (he's only just turned 18) but here and there I think he would be fine as the third striker.

I really hope Mourinho can work on Marcelo's defensive game, because his potential is huge if he can sort that aspect of his game out.

This would be a minor miracle but if anyone can do it maybe it's Mourinho (or if Mourinho can't then nobody can...) They must have faith that he can sort himself out defensively as there has been no effort to sign a left back apart from the half hearted try for Kolarov.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 pm

fcb wrote:"Pacey, fluid passing in the final third"

Cristiano Ronaldo has been very unselfish in the preseason. Surprisingly so, in fact. I think he's got more assists than goals so far. ok
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 pm

fcb wrote:"Pacey, fluid passing in the final third"

lol thats true, but now they have özil, ronaldo will learn from him Very Happy
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:17 pm

ozil, are you going to fancy that terrible club from Madrid now your men is playing for them?
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Ricardo Wetzel wrote:ozil, are you going to fancy that terrible club from Madrid now your men is playing for them?

exactly, my feelings for this club have changed because of özil

i think it happened also to you when snjeider and robben where there!

but i hate chelsea again, because ballack is gone Very Happy
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:13 am

Whistle

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 am

clichy/bastos/Dzeko

does jose not know how to compete in a league without having the biggest and best squad in the league.

that would make it yet another 100M euros summer for real.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:51 am

I really really really cannot understand Bastos. He is basically just an older version of Marcelo. I thought we were looking for a left back that can defend?????
Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
Supports : FC Den Haag!
Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Kroos wrote:
Ricardo Wetzel wrote:ozil, are you going to fancy that terrible club from Madrid now your man is playing for them?

exactly, my feelings for this club have changed because of özil

i think it happened also to you when snjeider and robben where there!

but i hate chelsea again, because ballack is gone Very Happy

Nah never supported them... I always hope Barca to win!!!! Barca is a superb charity, unicef club while madrid is just a terrible club...moanin-ho fits well there. Ozil however is a friend of kindness and honesty. He is to good, as a human, for this club...

On the other hand I hoped the Dutch players did well despite they chose the wrong club since we needed them for Oranje.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Royston Drenthe close to completing a move to Benfica according to Marca. The rumour is 5m + a buyback option for Madrid.

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:49 pm

Squad traveling for the friendly against Hercules:

Porteros: Dudek y Adán.
Defensas: Carvalho, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Drenthe, Mateos y Juanan.
Centrocampistas: Özil, Khedira, Lass, Granero, Canales, Gago, Pedro León, Van der Vaart, Di María y Juanfran.
Delanteros: Benzema, Higuaín y Joselu.

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:57 pm

how many friendly have madrid played this off season seems like a shit load to me
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:30 pm

If Mou wants a tank I think Negredo would be suitable. Granted he didn't have a great season last year but we have an option on him so he won't be too expensive and I think Mou can set his head straight. Much better than paying a ridiculous amount for another striker.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Messiah wrote:how many friendly have madrid played this off season seems like a shit load to me

Four so far. Will be six in total including the Trofeo Bernabeu.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:42 pm

King Pipita wrote:If Mou wants a tank I think Negredo would be suitable. Granted he didn't have a great season last year but we have an option on him so he won't be too expensive and I think Mou can set his head straight. Much better than paying a ridiculous amount for another striker.

Agree. I think his buyback clause is 15m euro. Still far less than we would be paying for the likes of Llorente, Dzeko, Almeida, Gomez, etc.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Have to say i know nothing about Dzeko Doh other than the fact that his is fantastic of Football Manager Laughing

I echo Jaime's sentiments on Bastos, theres no point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:28 pm