Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Post by Super Progress on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Milan's Robinho Cites Struggling To Adapt In 'Awful Place To Live' As Key Reason Behind Leaving Manchester City
Brazil international could not settle to life in England...

Robinho says he struggled during his time at Manchester City because his managers could not understand him and admits he found the city "an awful place to live".

Soon after breaking the British transfer record to move to Eastlands from Real Madrid, Robinho's performances dipped and he was loaned out to Santos before sealing a permanent switch to Milan on transfer deadline day.

"Neither [Mark] Hughes nor [Roberto] Mancini understood me," the Brazilian told The People. "Perhaps they only believed in the sporting side of things, but that wasn't enough for me.

"There was a lack of contact between the players and the club. It was much like an office - to training and goodbye, to a match and goodbye. I am Brazilian and I can't offer my best performance if I'm not happy in every aspect of life.

"That was my problem. I am a special footballer and I need to be happy when I'm playing. That was the case at Real Madrid but never at City. Perhaps I should never have left Real Madrid.

"My destination was Chelsea with Luiz Felipe Scolari but, at the last moment, City appeared and I accepted. I did not decide the transfer. Correspondence is always between clubs and I am not responsible for what anyone will pay, but Mark Hughes called me and insisted I joined the club. He was decisive in my move."

After a positive start to his career at City, Robinho failed to perform consistently, a fact he attributes to his unsuccessful adaptation to life in England.

"At the beginning it was positive, but England is a hard country and I had problems adapting," he said. "Having Elano and Jo in the squad was a real bonus. They helped me to adapt but then Elano left I still don't understand the motives behind his exit.

"I do not understand why people said things about us. We all demonstrated our quality in the team, and Elano and I were both then in the Brazil side. Perhaps Hughes did not understand how best to use us both in his squad.

"After that, Mark left and I don't think that Mancini had confidence in me. Going on loan to Santos was the best solution because, if I'd stayed at City, I would not have played in the World Cup. The loan was very successful. I recaptured my love of football, won a title and confirmed my place in the Brazil team. It was an excellent experience and they tried to extend my loan, but City had made up their minds to sell."

Robinho also said that he found the climate in the English city unbearable and was disappointed that City failed to become real title contenders during his stay.

"When I arrived, the directors at City told me that, in a couple of years, we would overtake United, but the time has passed and nothing has changed," he said.

"Manchester is a sensational venue for football but an awful place to live ... the winter, the cold and the dark nights. It's very hard for a young Brazilian.

"The Premier League is one of the best in the world, without a doubt. The stadiums are always full and the atmosphere is incredible, but not every footballer is able to play in England. The character can be difficult for a foreigner.

"The best stadiums are Anfield and Old Trafford because of their histories, and my best memories will be my first goal for City and how happy everyone was with me, and the support City fans gave me during my stay."
Doh
I hope he works it out at Milan and gets his head straight allthough I don't expect it. Maybe Ronaldinho can guide him plus he will have some brazilians around him.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
Milan's Robinho Cites Struggling To Adapt In 'Awful Place To Live' As Key Reason Behind Leaving Manchester City

Robinho says he struggled during his time at Manchester City because his managers could not understand him and admits he found the city "an awful place to live".

Soon after breaking the British transfer record to move to Eastlands from Real Madrid, Robinho's performances dipped and he was loaned out to Santos before sealing a permanent switch to Milan on transfer deadline day.

"Neither [Mark] Hughes nor [Roberto] Mancini understood me," the Brazilian told The People. "Perhaps they only believed in the sporting side of things, but that wasn't enough for me.

"There was a lack of contact between the players and the club. It was much like an office - to training and goodbye, to a match and goodbye. I am Brazilian and I can't offer my best performance if I'm not happy in every aspect of life.

"That was my problem. I am a special footballer and I need to be happy when I'm playing. That was the case at Real Madrid but never at City. Perhaps I should never have left Real Madrid.

"My destination was Chelsea with Luiz Felipe Scolari but, at the last moment, City appeared and I accepted. I did not decide the transfer. Correspondence is always between clubs and I am not responsible for what anyone will pay, but Mark Hughes called me and insisted I joined the club. He was decisive in my move."

After a positive start to his career at City, Robinho failed to perform consistently, a fact he attributes to his unsuccessful adaptation to life in England.

"At the beginning it was positive, but England is a hard country and I had problems adapting," he said. "Having Elano and Jo in the squad was a real bonus. They helped me to adapt but then Elano left I still don't understand the motives behind his exit.

"I do not understand why people said things about us. We all demonstrated our quality in the team, and Elano and I were both then in the Brazil side. Perhaps Hughes did not understand how best to use us both in his squad.

"After that, Mark left and I don't think that Mancini had confidence in me. Going on loan to Santos was the best solution because, if I'd stayed at City, I would not have played in the World Cup. The loan was very successful. I recaptured my love of football, won a title and confirmed my place in the Brazil team. It was an excellent experience and they tried to extend my loan, but City had made up their minds to sell."

Robinho also said that he found the climate in the English city unbearable and was disappointed that City failed to become real title contenders during his stay.

"When I arrived, the directors at City told me that, in a couple of years, we would overtake United, but the time has passed and nothing has changed," he said.

"Manchester is a sensational venue for football but an awful place to live ... the winter, the cold and the dark nights. It's very hard for a young Brazilian.

"The Premier League is one of the best in the world, without a doubt. The stadiums are always full and the atmosphere is incredible, but not every footballer is able to play in England. The character can be difficult for a foreigner.

"The best stadiums are Anfield and Old Trafford because of their histories, and my best memories will be my first goal for City and how happy everyone was with me, and the support City fans gave me during my stay."
Doh
I hope he works it out at Milan and gets his head straight allthough I don't expect it. Maybe Ronaldinho can guide him plus he will have some brazilians around him.

Not exactly the best role model these days. For me the problem with Robinho is he wants to be treated like a superstar having not earned that status.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:13 pm

Cristiano wrote:Not exactly the best role model these days. For me the problem with Robinho is he wants to be treated like a superstar having not earned that status.

This is exactly it. Ale
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Cristiano wrote:
Super Laudrup wrote:

Doh

Not exactly the best role model these days. For me the problem with Robinho is he wants to be treated like a superstar having not earned that status.
I know but Ronaldinho will be there to take more pressure off him on the field because he simply doesn't have the mentality to lead a team and Milan has others that can take the lead for him. You are spot on with the last line but Tim Vickery touched partly on this subject with regards to Robinho and part of it is merely that he wants to be caressed* as that is the case in Brazil but it simply doesn't happen in Europe.

*Insert Wenger joke
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:33 am

Just a couple of notes on our canteranos:

1) Sounds as if now Sarabia will only be joining Braga on loan. Braga will have an option to buy clause at the end of the season and el Madrid will reserve a buyback clause for the next two seasons if Braga make the loan permanent.

2) Marca really parading the Morata will be in the starting XI against Osasuna rumour. Benzema and Higuain both will be returning from international duty with the former still bothered by some ankle problems. Morata has been training with the first team players that did not travel for the international break. Would be shocked if he actually played from the start but would be great to see.

Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 am

Yeah... it will boost his market value when you sell him to Getafe/Benfica/Catania or whatever next summer..
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Hem fet un.. wrote:Yeah... it will boost his market value when you sell him to Getafe/Benfica/Catania or whatever next summer..

Grr
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:44 pm

El Inter está interesado en Kaká

El Inter de Milán está interesado en el fichaje del mediapunta brasileño del Real Madrid Ricardo Kaká para el próximo mercado invernal, informó hoy el diario italiano 'Corriere dello Sport'.

Según el rotativo, el fichaje sería una idea que se baraja en los despachos del club 'interista' desde hace algo más de una semana como respuesta a la llegada del ex barcelonista Zlatan Ibrahimovic, que ya había jugado tres temporadas en el Inter, al Milan.

Un fichaje que, según el periódico, enfadó a Massimo Moratti, máximo dirigente del equipo 'neroazzurro'. La idea, afirma 'Corriere dello Sport', se apoyaría además, en una conversación mantenida entre Moratti y el actual entrenador blanco, José Mourinho, quien habría manifestado no estar totalmente convencido de poder explotar todo el potencial del brasileño, que no sería indispensable por la presencia en el equipo madridista de otros jugadores que juegan en su misma posición.

Además, otro punto a favor para el equipo milanés sería que podría contar con Kaká para la Liga de Campeones, ya que el brasileño no podrá jugar la primera fase de la competición por estar recuperándose de la intervención de menisco a la que se sometió en agosto y por la que será baja tres o cuatro meses.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/inter-interesado-kaka-prensa/dasftb/20100908dasdasftb_12/Tes

Laughing

The rumours for the winter transfer market are starting awfully early this year.
Cristiano

Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,

Post by Cristiano on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Just announcing to my fellow Real Madrid fans that here in England we are officially the English press hideaway for English players. As with Ashley Cole and now with Rooney any player that fails to keep it in his trousers and get caught will be by Default linked with Real Madrid. Unless if your name is Peter Crouch. Laughing
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Drenthe: "El Barcelona tiene el mejor equipo del mundo"

Salute

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:47 pm

In other news, here is the squad for tomorrow's match against Osasuna:

Porteros: Adán, Casillas, Dudek
Defensas: Arbeloa, Carvalho, Marcelo, Mateos, Pepe, Sergio Ramos,
Centrocampistas: Xabi Alonso, Canales, Di María, Granero, Khedira, Lass, Pedro León, Özil
Delanteros: Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo, Higuaín

So much for Morata starting (or even playing at all!). Laughing At least Mateos gets in ahead of Mahamadou! cheers

Mourinho's announced that CR7 will start the match which is good news. Also it looks like Pepe will be back in the XI now that he is recovered from injury. The XI for tomorrow:

--------------------Casillas

S. Ramos-----Pepe-----Carvalho-----Marcelo

---------------Alonso----Khedira

Ronaldo------------??????--------------??????

--------------------Higuain

Canales, Di Maria, and Ozil are in contention for the two remaining places in attack.

TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Ozil and Canales hopefully.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm

özil has to play

he dont need the central position, he has the ability to shine in every position
TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Off topic but I like Ozil connecting with Barrack Obama re. the idiot koran burning pastor in the US on twitter

http://twitter.com/officialoezil

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Jaime wrote:In other news, here is the squad for tomorrow's match against Osasuna:

Centrocampistas: Xabi Alonso, Canales, Di María, Granero, Khedira, Lass, Pedro León, Özil

So much for Morata starting (or even playing at all!). Laughing At least Mateos gets in ahead of Mahamadou! cheers

Mourinho's announced that CR7 will start the match which is good news. Also it looks like Pepe will be back in the XI now that he is recovered from injury. The XI for tomorrow:

Canales, Di Maria, and Ozil are in contention for the two remaining places in attack.

Would like to see Granero given a chance as the Am with Pedro Leon on the right and Ronaldo left. Also I would like to see Benzema given possibly a start but if not then 45 mins or so because we need to build on his succes in his recent match for France. Im very excitied about this match if we start with Alonso-Khedira plus a creative player like Ozil/Canales/Granero.
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Jaime wrote:In other news, here is the squad for tomorrow's match against Osasuna:

Like TM im hoping for Canales and Ozil. If not lets get Pedro Leon and Ozil in there.
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:12 am

According to Marca

....................................Iker

S. Ramos......Pepe........Carvalho.........Marcelo

.......................Alonso.........Khedira

................................Ozil

Benzema................Higuain.............Ronaldo

Talk about attacking. Thats all out attack. Though its easy to do against the likes of Osasuna at home, definetly wont see that gainst the big boys.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:39 am

Cristiano wrote:Thats all out attack.
that looks like last season's Inter
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:00 pm

abundance wrote:
Cristiano wrote:Thats all out attack.
that looks like last season's Inter

These lot do not have anywhere near the defensive discipline of the Inter players.

Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:03 pm

Cristiano wrote:According to Marca

....................................Iker

S. Ramos......Pepe........Carvalho.........Marcelo

Benzema...........Alonso.........Khedira.......Ozil

............................Ronaldo
.............................Higuain..........

Talk about attacking. Thats all out attack. Though its easy to do against the likes of Osasuna at home, definetly wont see that gainst the big boys.

That's more like it... remember Etoo was a right back last season..
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:06 pm

yep, just wait until Josè unleashes his ESP powers on the blancos bunch.

He can stare at Cronaldo and trick him into thinking he's Simone Pepe.

Only if your brain cortex is made of walnut wood, like Balotelli's, you can resist his powers...
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:32 pm

abundance wrote:yep, just wait until Josè unleashes his ESP powers on the blancos bunch.

He can stare at Cronaldo and trick him into thinking he's Simone Pepe.

Only if your brain cortex is made of walnut wood, like Balotelli's, you can resist his powers...
Laugh
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:12 pm

3 points cheers F*ck me Higuain and CR69 missed shit loads of chances tonight.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:19 am

TM wrote:3 points cheers F*ck me Higuain and CR69 missed shit loads of chances tonight.

And Benzema was completely invisible.

Good thing Ozil was in good form. And that Florentino allowed Jose to sign Carvalho. Biggrin

Still not flowing football (much to Super's disappointment) but I thought over all the team created a lot of chances and also in many years past a match like this after the international break would have been a guarantee to drop points. The defense is looking organised for once and those are all things to feel positive about. Still must remember that Mourinho has had relatively few training sessions with the entire squad available. So all in all I don't have too much to complain about. Yet.

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:00 am

Our defence cheers
Im very happy about our defence so far which has looked good with two different partnerships so far. Now I just want us to settle on a defence because we have been too unstable for too long in this area. Also Khedia and Alonso looks like a strong partnership defensively and with time as the attack becomes more fluid we will see more of Khedira's deep runs which will be a great asset. Ozil has the calmness over him that Canales has allthough he is more mature.

Think we are looking good so far allthough I prefer to give each new coach at least 10 games before I get really critical.
If not for the fact that we just had an international football I would hope for a repeat line up against Ajax. That game might fit us very well since Ajax will be less defensive and if our defence holds up we can pick them off on the counter so we might get a spectacular game on Wednesday.
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:10 am

I also like the fact that our squad is so deep and so talented. Pedro Leon looks fantastic, Di Maria disappointed in the first game but you can see the talent is there, Canales has so much potential... I don't think we even miss Kaka.

We need much better finishing though. We're not going to win anything if Ronaldo and Higuain keep missing easy chances.
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Jaime wrote:
TM wrote:3 points cheers F*ck me Higuain and CR69 missed shit loads of chances tonight.

And Benzema was completely invisible.

Good thing Ozil was in good form. And that Florentino allowed Jose to sign Carvalho. Biggrin

Still not flowing football (much to Super's disappointment) but I thought over all the team created a lot of chances and also in many years past a match like this after the international break would have been a guarantee to drop points. The defense is looking organised for once and those are all things to feel positive about. Still must remember that Mourinho has had relatively few training sessions with the entire squad available. So all in all I don't have too much to complain about. Yet.

To be fair to Benzema though he was out of position. If anything Higuain is more comfortable playing in that position than Benzema as he was playing on the right a couple of years ago. If your gonna play those three upfront i think its a no brainer that Higuain goes to the right instead of Benzema. You could see he is very uncomfortable coming in from the right were as Higuain was just fucking wasteful, gave me flashbacks of Lyon.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Press, team-mates and Mourinho highlight the German's performance against Osasuna
Jose Daniel Mate / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Mesut Ozil's stellar performance against Osasuna has garnered much praise from the press, his team-mates and coach Mourinho.

Mourinho
"Ozil makes things very easy for me and for his team-mates with his football vision and the decisions he makes. It's easy for him to make decisions on the pitch, which is actually the hardest thing there is in football. It is an art to make football look easy and he has that quality. Ozil is improving. He worked hard for the team on Saturday and the Bernabeu thanked him for it. This is very important for a newcomer who needs the crowd's approval in order to be confident in his game."

Pepe
"Ozil has such quality that we just have to leave him room to showcase it."

Agencia EFE (Spanish news agency)
"Ozil makes it look easy. He is elegant, doesn't make broad gestures and doesn't complain. His handling of the ball is elegant and he showcased wide vision against Osasuna. He is a true relief for Higuain, Cristiano and Benzema."

El Pais (newspaper)
"The Germany player won the crowd at the Bernabeu in a decent game that marked the coach's debut at the stadium."

El Mundo (newspaper)
"Ozil did what his coach wanted and was Real Madrid's best player against a weak Osasuna side."

AS (sports newspaper)
"Hope is in Ozil. He is elegant, intelligent and participative. He served two clear assists and the Bernabeu fell in love with him."

Marca (sports newspaper)
"Ozil, Real Madrid's best player by far, showcased his quality many times. The German attacking midfielder was the team's lighthouse, lighting the way whenever the ball touched his left foot. He was brilliant at serving assists."

Kicker (German sports journal)
"Ozil led a champion team to victory against Osasuna. The player was one of Real Madrid's standout players thanks to his passes."

Bild (German newspaper)
"Ozil celebrates the team's first triumph."

Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Fenomeno wrote:Press, team-mates and Mourinho highlight the German's performance against Osasuna
Jose Daniel Mate / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Mesut Ozil's stellar performance against Osasuna has garnered much praise from the press, his team-mates and coach Mourinho.

Mourinho
"Ozil makes things very easy for me and for his team-mates with his football vision and the decisions he makes. It's easy for him to make decisions on the pitch, which is actually the hardest thing there is in football. It is an art to make football look easy and he has that quality. Ozil is improving. He worked hard for the team on Saturday and the Bernabeu thanked him for it. This is very important for a newcomer who needs the crowd's approval in order to be confident in his game."

Pepe
"Ozil has such quality that we just have to leave him room to showcase it."

Agencia EFE (Spanish news agency)
"Ozil makes it look easy. He is elegant, doesn't make broad gestures and doesn't complain. His handling of the ball is elegant and he showcased wide vision against Osasuna. He is a true relief for Higuain, Cristiano and Benzema."

El Pais (newspaper)
"The Germany player won the crowd at the Bernabeu in a decent game that marked the coach's debut at the stadium."

El Mundo (newspaper)
"Ozil did what his coach wanted and was Real Madrid's best player against a weak Osasuna side."

AS (sports newspaper)
"Hope is in Ozil. He is elegant, intelligent and participative. He served two clear assists and the Bernabeu fell in love with him."

Marca (sports newspaper)
"Ozil, Real Madrid's best player by far, showcased his quality many times. The German attacking midfielder was the team's lighthouse, lighting the way whenever the ball touched his left foot. He was brilliant at serving assists."

Kicker (German sports journal)
"Ozil led a champion team to victory against Osasuna. The player was one of Real Madrid's standout players thanks to his passes."

Bild (German newspaper)
"Ozil celebrates the team's first triumph."

thats a perfect summary, that makes him greater than a messi could ever be
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:44 pm

For me the most impressive attribute of Ozil is the positions he takes up - he does a perfect job of drifting into the ideal area: between the defense and midfield lines. It's very difficult for a team to defend against him unless you have a really dedicated man-marker (who also has to be able to match his speed).

So with good positioning, it gives his teammates options to pass to him, and it gives him more options to create, making these "impressive decisions" easier.

Still early days though. Canales was a superstar in pre-season but "fizzled out" a bit in the first game, and got replaced. Before we get into hyperbole about Ozil being "greater than Messi ever could be", let's see if he can sustain the bright spark over a sequence of games, let alone a season. Very high potential in him though, that's for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:50 am