Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Post by King Modric on Thu May 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh FFS stop PMSing all of you. I'm not happy either but Altintop is a squad player who barely play. Stop crying about it.

Mou has done well and he'll most likely shut up the doubters yet again. It's fragile, emotional supporters like you that cause us to have a new manager every season. Stay the course.

Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. on Thu May 19, 2011 11:25 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:I seriously didn't believe the Altintop story but I'm starting to get worried. Ozil+Khedira has Real Madrid resembling Germany now with its open borders. Now they are all coming in. Yikes

If this is the future I would prefer a closed border style a la Jaime. Only the best and the brightest. <Ale> Biggrin

Only the best? They are the best. But if you think otherwise I'll gladly take Özil back from you guys, no questions asked. Smile

Khedira and Özil are our spies anyway. They're in Madrid to gain experiece against the club version of the Spanish national team, your arch rivals...

I think you meant the Scottish national team.. or maybe die Mannschaft is planning to join the championship.. but the Spanish national team, definitely not..

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Fri May 20, 2011 1:25 am

Is Marca reliable or not? On l'equipe they kep showing articles from Marca saying that Mourihno wants to sell Benzema and get Agueiro or LLorente. The was a pol and something like 92 of the supporters said they don't want to sell Benzema. Maybe for Mourihno buying someoen who has experience playing in la Liga (but not necessarly in the C.L) counts a lot. I hope this happens and that Wenger pays the 35 million euro price tag.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri May 20, 2011 1:29 am

King Pipita wrote:Oh FFS stop PMSing all of you. I'm not happy either but Altintop is a squad player who barely play. Stop crying about it.

Mou has done well and he'll most likely shut up the doubters yet again. It's fragile, emotional supporters like you that cause us to have a new manager every season. Stay the course.

Oh yeah. You think Altintop will barely play? More like Granero will barely play now. And Arbeloa for that matter as well. Mark my words.

Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri May 20, 2011 1:31 am

Alive and Kicking wrote:Is Marca reliable or not? On l'equipe they kep showing articles from Marca saying that Mourihno wants to sell Benzema and get Agueiro or LLorente. The was a pol and something like 92 of the supporters said they don't want to sell Benzema. Maybe for Mourihno buying someoen who has experience playing in la Liga (but not necessarly in the C.L) counts a lot. I hope this happens and that Wenger pays the 35 million euro price tag.

It started with rumours saying that Benzema wanted to leave. Then the next rumour was that Mourinho doesn't want him anyway. Aguero ain't gonna happen but Llorente's buyout is not that impossible (30m). Florentino promised Macua he would not buy Llorente last summer but if Benzema goes then it would be a green light I think and Mourinho can have the big '9' that he likes.
King Modric

Post by King Modric on Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 am

Alive and Kicking wrote:Is Marca reliable or not? On l'equipe they kep showing articles from Marca saying that Mourihno wants to sell Benzema and get Agueiro or LLorente. The was a pol and something like 92 of the supporters said they don't want to sell Benzema. Maybe for Mourihno buying someoen who has experience playing in la Liga (but not necessarly in the C.L) counts a lot. I hope this happens and that Wenger pays the 35 million euro price tag.

Granero frankly hasn't shown much and if he isn't Spanish, I doubt anyone would care. Mou loves Arbeloa; he's exactly Mourinho's type of defender. I doubt his playing time will be affected.

Altintop is not RM material but he's only a bench player and inconsequential in the wider scheme of things. Calling for a change of manager is the opposite of what makes sense for the club. No manager will ever be good enough for us the way so many fans want things. Either they don't win enough, or they win but are too defensive, or they want too many foreigners, or maybe the fans are just spoiled and unrealistic.
Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW

Post by Dick Grayson on Fri May 20, 2011 10:05 am

Lookd like the cracks have finally become unavoidable and the Mourinho v CR7 war has left the mighty Redblood with a 'For Sale' at £150m ONO sign!

Well Man City are now clear faves as Chelsea have fallen behind as a big money club.

I doubt CR7 would like to move to City but a £300k a week pay packet would I am sure lubricate the path to a move and make it easy!

With Hernandez taking over the STAR of the Theatre of Dream role and the No7 shirt to be passed to him mext seaon from Michael Owens departure - dear old CR7 will have to wear the No7 of City!

Cant wait to see how much he costs Man City!
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri May 20, 2011 11:49 am

Mourinho hated Hernan Crespo at Chelsea too, so it's not inconceivable that he'd hate Benzi as well Whistle
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri May 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Hem fet un.. wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
Super Mourinho wrote:I seriously didn't believe the Altintop story but I'm starting to get worried. Ozil+Khedira has Real Madrid resembling Germany now with its open borders. Now they are all coming in. Yikes

If this is the future I would prefer a closed border style a la Jaime. Only the best and the brightest. <Ale> Biggrin

Only the best? They are the best. But if you think otherwise I'll gladly take Özil back from you guys, no questions asked. Smile

Khedira and Özil are our spies anyway. They're in Madrid to gain experiece against the club version of the Spanish national team, your arch rivals...

I think you meant the Scottish national team.. or maybe die Mannschaft is planning to join the championship.. but the Spanish national team, definitely not..

scratch

It was pretty clear what he meant, which seems reasonable enough.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 20, 2011 1:55 pm

King Pipita wrote:

Granero frankly hasn't shown much and if he isn't Spanish, I doubt anyone would care. Mou loves Arbeloa; he's exactly Mourinho's type of defender. I doubt his playing time will be affected.

Altintop is not RM material but he's only a bench player and inconsequential in the wider scheme of things. Calling for a change of manager is the opposite of what makes sense for the club. No manager will ever be good enough for us the way so many fans want things. Either they don't win enough, or they win but are too defensive, or they want too many foreigners, or maybe the fans are just spoiled and unrealistic.

Granero, frankly, has barely played and when he has played he has been just fine. Better than Kaka that is for sure.

Did I call for a change of manager? No. I said I could not wait until he f*cked off.

Del Bosque would be good enough. Ale
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Which job is bigger, Spain or Real?

Shades of Walter Smith abandoning the national job for Rangers – rich man's Scotland indeed Whistle Smile
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Final squad of the 2011/12 season:

Porteros: Jerzy Dudek y Jesús Hernández
Defensas: Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Álvaro Arbeloa, Raúl Albiol
Centrocampistas: Esteban Granero, Kaka, Xabi Alonso, Sergio Canales, Pedro León, Mesut Ozïl y Mandi
Delanteros: Cristiano Ronaldo, Emanuel Adebayor, Karim Benzema y Joselu

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Sat May 21, 2011 1:11 am

Jaime wrote:

It started with rumours saying that Benzema wanted to leave. Then the next rumour was that Mourinho doesn't want him anyway. Aguero ain't gonna happen but Llorente's buyout is not that impossible (30m). Florentino promised Macua he would not buy Llorente last summer but if Benzema goes then it would be a green light I think and Mourinho can have the big '9' that he likes.

Funny that because he has always said he wants to stay there and that's he happy over there, I think the media are creating this. Lots have been said, and I don't believe in the Agueiro transfer, but the Llorente one is do able so let's wait and see.

Hem fet un..

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Post by Hem fet un.. on Sat May 21, 2011 3:36 am

You forget that if athletic doesnt except the bid then you have to activate his clause 35 mill and pay taxes which almost doubles the cost
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat May 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Say what you want about Ronaldo (I'll never like his style myself), but scoring 40 league goals is an amazing achievement.

He's probably the most misunderstood player of his generation: Not a midfielder, no winger either, definitely no team player whatsoever, but the most deadly (centre) forward there is. Excellent forwards are always selfish predators and he simply excels at that. Just play to his strengths and don't expect creativity or team work, let others do that.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Sun May 22, 2011 12:09 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Say what you want about Ronaldo (I'll never like his style myself), but scoring 40 league goals is an amazing achievement.

He's probably the most misunderstood player of his generation: Not a midfielder, no winger either, definitely no team player whatsoever, but the most deadly (centre) forward there is. Excellent forwards are always selfish predators and he simply excels at that. Just play to his strengths and don't expect creativity or team work, let others do that.
Nobody expects those things. And yes it is a great achievment because I never thought we would see somebody scoring more league goals then games played over an entire season in a big league although I heavily doubt this could have happened in England or Italy.

In the end I think Ronaldo is a world class player but ultimately like the little rat from Barcelona he isn't somebody I would want in a big thight game. At least not on the wing when we need players to track back. I think Mourinho has understood this though as the season has progressed.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Sun May 22, 2011 12:18 am

Super Mourinho wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Say what you want about Ronaldo (I'll never like his style myself), but scoring 40 league goals is an amazing achievement.

Nobody expects those things. And yes it is a great achievment because I never thought we would see somebody scoring more league goals then games played over an entire season in a big league although I heavily doubt this could have happened in England or Italy.

In the end I think Ronaldo is a world class player but ultimately like the little rat from Barcelona he isn't somebody I would want in a big thight game. At least not on the wing when we need players to track back. I think Mourinho has understood this though as the season has progressed.

I agree, I think that at this stage we all know what Ronaldo is and what he is not. I go back and forth as to whether or not he is a world class player. He is certainly a great goalscorer. And I feel like he probably has the ability but his ego gets in the way. He can combine with other players, we've all seen him do it. The problem is he usually chooses not too.

But if he is not going to play wide, then where does he play? Because I don't think playing as an out-and-out '9' is his best position. He ends up spending most of the game drifting in and out of where you would normally find the '10'. But he does not create from those positions, he merely shoots. And if Ronaldo is there then it forces a truly creative player like Ozil out on to the flank.

And this is the dilemma - because I feel that with Ronaldo in the team you don't get a well-functioning team. So do you sacrifice that for 40 league goals? If it meant winning the league or the CL then I think we would all agree to it. But so far that isn't the case.
King Modric

Post by King Modric on Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 am

I think Ronaldo is actually best from the right, rather than the left but as Jaime said, there's no place where he really adds to team play. 40 goals is amazing and can't really be ignored. A floating role is probably the best way to maximize his capabilities.
Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC on Sun May 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Reports in Portugal that Madrid have signed Coentrao for 25 million euros + 5 is performance bonuses

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=264578
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Sun May 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Ozil's pass for the Adbeyaour's goal last night <Ale>
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun May 22, 2011 1:08 pm

He does those all the time, no coincidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXn13d3RME

Re: Ronaldo:
He is a player with some exceptional qualities. He may not be a likeable person, even his style may not be, but he definitely is a great asset to have if used right. If used right, I don't even think that his selfishness will hamper the team that much in the big matches against strong opposition, although there will always be a trade-off indeed.

Madrid may appear as flat track bullies these days, but to me it seems that Mourinho is progressing with the fine tuning. Beating the crap out of smaller sides with consistency is actually an important factor in winning the league - that's arguably the difference between the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal, for example.

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sun May 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Well that's the big question here - Madrid have actually lost the league because of dropped points to Sporting and Osasuna and Zaragoza. I was one of the main people pointing out their tough run-in, full of away games against top 6 teams, but they destroyed most of them.

IMO the goalburst in recent games is down to Mourinho finally releasing the shackles and letting them play, knowing the pressure's off and there's nothing to play for. I wouldn't bet my money on them starting next season the same way. There's also no way he'll let the team employ this "all balls to Ronaldo" tactic regularly, when actual titles (and not the Pichichi) are to play for.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sun May 22, 2011 3:12 pm

TM wrote:Ozil's pass for the Adbeyaour's goal last night <Ale>

Ale
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Sun May 22, 2011 4:04 pm

I think it's also right to put into context Ronaldo's scoring achievements. ESPN soccernet's stats archive is actually quite a beautiful source of info for backing up certain arguments.

The argument that a lot of people, including me, have against Ronaldo is he shoots constantly, so rather like an indiscrimate man who adopts a scattergun approach in asking every woman in his viscinity for a fuck on nights out doesn't make him God's gift just because he ends up going home with someone every time.

So, ESPN report he has taken 244 shots this season from 33 games. That's goal every 6.42 shots. Bearign in mind he takes free kicks and penalties, that figure is going to be more generous than if he didn't.

Messi has taken 150 shots in the same number of games, and scored just 7 less. That's a goal every 4.83 shots.

Compare these stats with some other players around the World -

Chicharito has taken 54 shots in 27 games, and scored 13 goals. That's a goal every 4.15 shots.

Mario Gomez has taken 95 shots from 32 games, and scored 28 goals. That a goal every 3.39 shots.

Now, I don't believe stats are the be all and end all - it's impossible to rate or slate purely on stats. But, I've seen Ronaldo play many games where he seems to be more of a hinderance than an advantage to his team, constantly breaking down moves with his almost unbreakable insistance on shooting from the most implausible areas of the pitch.

Shooting at goal is certainly not a criticism on it's own - ask any Arsenal fan who's watched their team try and pass the ball into the opposition net - but it requires finesse: players should be clever enough to hold back on shooting if there is a better option on. The number of times England fans have had to watch Lampard attempting to score from the most ridiculous areas of the pitch, we're well aware of how frustrating this characteristic is.

That is why I don't believe Ronaldo is or ever will be as good as he and others think he is. He lacks the finesse - for the 40 goals he's scored this season, I believe the team collectively could and would have scored probably double that if he sacrificed some of those moments of individual glory to seek out a better placed team mate.

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun May 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Madrid outscored Barcelona and scored more than 100 league goals though, so goal scoring really isn't an issue for them, even if the 'scattergun approach' you criticise is a valid point. However, you have to realise that with the exception of Messi, the other players you mentioned are not the main focal point of their respective teams. Yes, Ronaldo shoots an awful lot of times, but he gets the ball an awful lot of times, too, usually in the final third. There is no denying that he is a very selfish (and not overly intelligent) player who needs others to do the creating, but what he can do he does exceptionally well, stats aren't everything.

As I've said, I actually agree that in the big, tight matches, this selfishness may cost the team. It all depends on how effectively those strengths he has can be utilised while reducing the negative aspects to a minimum. If you want to win the league, a player like Ronaldo (who even celebrates the 8-1 against a relegation candidate like it was a CL final) can be very useful.
King Modric

Post by King Modric on Sun May 22, 2011 7:37 pm

The problem with shooting too often isn't just foregone goals; it causes a turnover of possession which makes us more likely to concede. Because goals are hard to come by, I guess the excessive shooting can be tolerated to an extent if he keeps scoring. However, in tight matches where his shooting opportunities are poorer, Ronaldo has to be smart enough to involve his teammates and wait until he has a clear opportunity.
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Sun May 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:

I think it's also right to put into context Ronaldo's scoring achievements. ESPN soccernet's stats archive is actually quite a beautiful source of info for backing up certain arguments.

The argument that a lot of people, including me, have against Ronaldo is he shoots constantly, so rather like an indiscrimate man who adopts a scattergun approach in asking every woman in his viscinity for a fuck on nights out doesn't make him God's gift just because he ends up going home with someone every time.

So, ESPN report he has taken 244 shots this season from 33 games. That's goal every 6.42 shots. Bearign in mind he takes free kicks and penalties, that figure is going to be more generous than if he didn't.

Messi has taken 150 shots in the same number of games, and scored just 7 less. That's a goal every 4.83 shots.

Compare these stats with some other players around the World -

Chicharito has taken 54 shots in 27 games, and scored 13 goals. That's a goal every 4.15 shots.

Mario Gomez has taken 95 shots from 32 games, and scored 28 goals. That a goal every 3.39 shots.

Now, I don't believe stats are the be all and end all - it's impossible to rate or slate purely on stats. But, I've seen Ronaldo play many games where he seems to be more of a hinderance than an advantage to his team, constantly breaking down moves with his almost unbreakable insistance on shooting from the most implausible areas of the pitch.

Shooting at goal is certainly not a criticism on it's own - ask any Arsenal fan who's watched their team try and pass the ball into the opposition net - but it requires finesse: players should be clever enough to hold back on shooting if there is a better option on. The number of times England fans have had to watch Lampard attempting to score from the most ridiculous areas of the pitch, we're well aware of how frustrating this characteristic is.

That is why I don't believe Ronaldo is or ever will be as good as he and others think he is. He lacks the finesse - for the 40 goals he's scored this season, I believe the team collectively could and would have scored probably double that if he sacrificed some of those moments of individual glory to seek out a better placed team mate.

Shocked Something we could finally agree on Ale

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Sun May 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Matt_AFC wrote:Reports in Portugal that Madrid have signed Coentrao for 25 million euros + 5 is performance bonuses

Yikes
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon May 23, 2011 2:41 am

stinger wrote:
Matt_AFC wrote:Reports in Portugal that Madrid have signed Coentrao for 25 million euros + 5 is performance bonuses

Yikes

lol! if that is true. For a Portuguese Marcelo? What a waste.

And what have Barcelona done? Gone and signed Jose Angel for 4m euro.

Florentino. Ale

Rolling Eyes

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Özil intends to improve in the coming season (Spain's top assister in all competitions this season if I'm not mistaken).

Özil: „Ich will auf jeden Fall einer der besten Spieler der Welt werden.“

"I definitely want to become one of the world's best players."

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mesut-oezil/so-ist-mein-real-madrid-18032110.bild.html

Love his attitude, his ambition and willingness to constantly improve and work on his weaknesses. That's what sets him apart from many other talented players of his generation. Ale

He also praises Real Madrid and Mourinho, who supposedly is especially helpful to young players. "He isn't just a great coach, but a friend."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:01 am