Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2010/11

Post by Cristiano on Mon May 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Say what you want about Ronaldo (I'll never like his style myself), but scoring 40 league goals is an amazing achievement.

He's probably the most misunderstood player of his generation: Not a midfielder, no winger either, definitely no team player whatsoever, but the most deadly (centre) forward there is. Excellent forwards are always selfish predators and he simply excels at that. Just play to his strengths and don't expect creativity or team work, let others do that.

I think it's also right to put into context Ronaldo's scoring achievements. ESPN soccernet's stats archive is actually quite a beautiful source of info for backing up certain arguments.

The argument that a lot of people, including me, have against Ronaldo is he shoots constantly, so rather like an indiscrimate man who adopts a scattergun approach in asking every woman in his viscinity for a fuck on nights out doesn't make him God's gift just because he ends up going home with someone every time.

So, ESPN report he has taken 244 shots this season from 33 games. That's goal every 6.42 shots. Bearign in mind he takes free kicks and penalties, that figure is going to be more generous than if he didn't.

Messi has taken 150 shots in the same number of games, and scored just 7 less. That's a goal every 4.83 shots.

Compare these stats with some other players around the World -

Chicharito has taken 54 shots in 27 games, and scored 13 goals. That's a goal every 4.15 shots.

Mario Gomez has taken 95 shots from 32 games, and scored 28 goals. That a goal every 3.39 shots.

Now, I don't believe stats are the be all and end all - it's impossible to rate or slate purely on stats. But, I've seen Ronaldo play many games where he seems to be more of a hinderance than an advantage to his team, constantly breaking down moves with his almost unbreakable insistance on shooting from the most implausible areas of the pitch.

Shooting at goal is certainly not a criticism on it's own - ask any Arsenal fan who's watched their team try and pass the ball into the opposition net - but it requires finesse: players should be clever enough to hold back on shooting if there is a better option on. The number of times England fans have had to watch Lampard attempting to score from the most ridiculous areas of the pitch, we're well aware of how frustrating this characteristic is.

That is why I don't believe Ronaldo is or ever will be as good as he and others think he is. He lacks the finesse - for the 40 goals he's scored this season, I believe the team collectively could and would have scored probably double that if he sacrificed some of those moments of individual glory to seek out a better placed team mate.

That stat imo is laughable makes it sound as if any player took those amounts of shots there would have simalar or better stats than C.Ronaldo.
Skill and technic MIGHT have actually contributed to the goals Whistle
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Mon May 23, 2011 5:27 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Özil intends to improve in the coming season (Spain's top assister in all competitions this season if I'm not mistaken).

Özil: „Ich will auf jeden Fall einer der besten Spieler der Welt werden.“

"I definitely want to become one of the world's best players."

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mesut-oezil/so-ist-mein-real-madrid-18032110.bild.html

Love his attitude, his ambition and willingness to constantly improve and work on his weaknesses. That's what sets him apart from many other talented players of his generation. Ale

He also praises Real Madrid and Mourinho, who supposedly is especially helpful to young players. "He isn't just a great coach, but a friend."

Yes, no other talented player of this generation says he wants to keep improving and be the best in the world Rolling Eyes
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm

OFFICIAL:

Callejón: un canterano que vuelve al Madrid tras triunfar en Primera

José María Callejón, el tercer fichaje del Real Madrid para la próxima temporada, vuelve al club blanco años después de salir rumbo al Espanyol. Formado en las categorías inferiores del conjunto blanco, al que llegó en 2002, debutó con el Castilla en la temporada 2007-2008. Al concluir esa campaña fue traspasado al Espanyol, donde se ha hecho con un hueco en el equipo titular. Regresa al Real Madrid tras jugar 97 partidos en Primera División, en los que ha marcado 10 goles.

Callejón nació en Motril (Granada) el 11 de febrero de 1987. Su relación con el club blanco comenzó en septiembre de 2002, cuando fue fichado procedente de la Agrupación Deportiva de Fútbol Costa Tropical, de Motril. El delantero llegó al Real Madrid junto a su hermano gemelo Juan Miguel, actual futbolista del Córdoba.

Se incorporó al Cadete A y fue subiendo de categoría hasta llegar en la 2006-2007 al Real Madrid C, con el que ya había jugado algunos partidos la campaña anterior. En la 2007-08 dio el salto al Real Madrid Castilla y el 25 de marzo de 2008 debutó, con gol incluido, con la selección Sub-21 en un partido ante Kazajistán.

Meses después, en el verano de ese mismo año, el Real Madrid traspasó a Callejón al Espanyol, con el que debutó en Primera División el 3 de septiembre frente al Getafe. Al conjunto catalán llegó como delantero y ha sido allí donde se ha reconvertido a extremo por ambas bandas debido a su polivalencia, velocidad y capacidad de desborde. En su primera campaña con los blanquiazules jugó 24 partidos de Liga y marcó dos goles. En la 2009-2010 mejoró sus números, disputando 36 partidos en el campeonato (logró dos tantos).

Su explosión futbolística ha llegado esta temporada, en la que se ha convertido en indiscutible para Pochettino. Con el Espanyol ha jugado 37 partidos en Liga, en los que ha marcado seis tantos y dado siete asistencias de gol, y 9 de Copa (dos dianas). Su habilidad en el regate ha provocado que en muchas ocasiones haya tenido que ser frenado con faltas. Nadie en toda la Liga ha sufrido tantas como Callejón, líder de esta clasificación con 124.

Ahora, tres años después de su salida del Real Madrid y con la experiencia y madurez que da haber jugado 97 partidos en Primera División, José Callejón vuelve al club en el que se formó. Lo hará en la primera plantilla y a las órdenes de José Mourinho.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/es/1330059085781/noticia/Noticia/Callejon:_un_canterano_que_vuelve_al_Madrid_tras_triunfar_en_Primera.htm

I hope he is not coming back just to make up the numbers. At the beginning of last season I think everyone was expecting Pedro Leon to push Di Maria for a place in the XI and to give Ronaldo a break from time to time. Obviously that did not happen but hopefully Callejon can fulfill this role. He does work extremely hard which no doubt Mourinho will like. Pretty versatile in attack as well.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon May 23, 2011 5:49 pm

fcb wrote:
Yes, no other talented player of this generation says he wants to keep improving and be the best in the world Rolling Eyes

Most young players who had a good WC and season at a top club tend to believe that they've already achieved something. Özil is different in the sense that he's never satisfied, always hungry to prove and improve himself. He's modest and a team player, but very ambitious, too. This combination is rare, as it keeps him grounded while always being hungry for new goals.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Mon May 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Fenomeno wrote:
Noah und der Bale wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:Say what you want about Ronaldo (I'll never like his style myself), but scoring 40 league goals is an amazing achievement.

He's probably the most misunderstood player of his generation: Not a midfielder, no winger either, definitely no team player whatsoever, but the most deadly (centre) forward there is. Excellent forwards are always selfish predators and he simply excels at that. Just play to his strengths and don't expect creativity or team work, let others do that.

I think it's also right to put into context Ronaldo's scoring achievements. ESPN soccernet's stats archive is actually quite a beautiful source of info for backing up certain arguments.

The argument that a lot of people, including me, have against Ronaldo is he shoots constantly, so rather like an indiscrimate man who adopts a scattergun approach in asking every woman in his viscinity for a fuck on nights out doesn't make him God's gift just because he ends up going home with someone every time.

So, ESPN report he has taken 244 shots this season from 33 games. That's goal every 6.42 shots. Bearign in mind he takes free kicks and penalties, that figure is going to be more generous than if he didn't.

Messi has taken 150 shots in the same number of games, and scored just 7 less. That's a goal every 4.83 shots.

Compare these stats with some other players around the World -

Chicharito has taken 54 shots in 27 games, and scored 13 goals. That's a goal every 4.15 shots.

Mario Gomez has taken 95 shots from 32 games, and scored 28 goals. That a goal every 3.39 shots.

Now, I don't believe stats are the be all and end all - it's impossible to rate or slate purely on stats. But, I've seen Ronaldo play many games where he seems to be more of a hinderance than an advantage to his team, constantly breaking down moves with his almost unbreakable insistance on shooting from the most implausible areas of the pitch.

Shooting at goal is certainly not a criticism on it's own - ask any Arsenal fan who's watched their team try and pass the ball into the opposition net - but it requires finesse: players should be clever enough to hold back on shooting if there is a better option on. The number of times England fans have had to watch Lampard attempting to score from the most ridiculous areas of the pitch, we're well aware of how frustrating this characteristic is.

That is why I don't believe Ronaldo is or ever will be as good as he and others think he is. He lacks the finesse - for the 40 goals he's scored this season, I believe the team collectively could and would have scored probably double that if he sacrificed some of those moments of individual glory to seek out a better placed team mate.

Shocked Something we could finally agree on Ale

We agree on many things though scratch

Naturally, pitting some of the finest minds in cyberspace on the same board will inevitably lead to SOME conflict of opinion,

but generally genius understand genius Ale

@Blut - Surely Ozil saying he wants to be the best player in the World isn't really that much of surprise - many players are capable of SAYING it, few are capable of doing it.

Definitely one of the very best playmakers in the game currently, no doubt.

I believe his assist figure is 19 or 20 for the season. Players like Ronaldo / Messi take the headlines,

but it's the supporting cast - the Robin to Batman, the Doc Watson to Sherlock - who I like to see championed more. Players like Ozil and Xavi/Iniesta for example. Even Rooney, who although gets many plaudits from UK biased media, this apparent "poor" season has 11 goals and 12 assists to his name in the league, only second to Nani, having played fewer games. Forgotten by many simply because he's not bashed in 30+ goals like last season, but has been just as important to United this season than ever.

To the Robins Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon May 23, 2011 11:56 pm

This may come as a surprise to you, but for many years, it was unusual for a German player to say something like that. Although no other country has won the Ballon D'or more often than Germany, there always used to be a certain degree of scepticism when it came to individualists and hence individual awards. The team always stood above everything else, and if you listen to Özil in interviews, this very German 'modesty' is always there.

In recent years, this has changed as people over here (finally...) realised that all of our successful teams had great individualists. Team building, team spirit is fine and a necessity, but not at the expense of individualism. Gifted players should be nurtured and allowed to express themselves on the pitch, not restrained by tactical shackles.

Again, the difference between Özil and many other young talented players is his willingness to constantly improve. Talented players tend to rely on their talent alone, and while all of them may want to become the world's best player, few of them are actually willing to go the extra mile to achieve it. The reason why Messi is so is awesome because he constantly tries to improve and never loses his hunger, despite winning a lot of silverware. I see the same kind of ambition in Özil, he thrives on new challenges.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Just realised that the streak has continued - every year we signed a German we won a trophy! cheers
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Even when you had a German in charge (Heynckes, Schuster), you always won a trophy. cheers
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 1:47 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Even when you had a German in charge (Heynckes, Schuster), you always won a trophy. cheers

Yeah! Germans = trophies!

Of course this is just in the first year, after that it is all down hill. Wink
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm

That used to be the case... Sad
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 25, 2011 3:15 am

Grr
Cristiano

Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,

Post by Cristiano on Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 am

Jaime wrote:

Grr

Seems to get worse every season.

P.s Altintop on your fav player list <Ale> lol! lol! lol!
I think I'll put Adebayor on mine now Laughing
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Wed May 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Amusing stuff - "Japanese bloke in full Roma kit"
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 25, 2011 2:31 pm

lol! @ the spiderman bit.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Cristiano wrote:
Jaime wrote:

Grr

Seems to get worse every season.

P.s Altintop on your fav player list <Ale> lol! lol! lol!
I think I'll put Adebayor on mine now Laughing

EVERYTHING seems to be getting worse!
Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente on Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Marca is now reporting that the board will confirm that Valdano is gone after today's meeting. It was always inevitable that this would happen.

Even though Valdano may have the right idea when it comes to the way football SHOULD be played, he has not done a good job for the club in either of his two stints. He was the main reason behind the firing of Del Bosque and he did not support Pellegrini to the extent that he should have after convincing Florentino to hire him. Pellegrini was largely ignored in the way the squad was shaped and Valdano rarely came out in his defense after Inda and his cronies butchered him in the media. Once Florentino didn't listen to him about keeping Pellegrini for another season, Valdano should have had the pride to resign himself. Rumors go that Valdano was even pushing for Michel after Florentino had decided to get Mourinho Doh

Personally I think it is good that a coach will finally get the power he needs to shape the squad. Some accuse Mourinho of only being able to build squads for short term success, but then again Chelsea kept achieving success largely based on the squad that he built. I also like the fact that Mourinho has advocated for the purchase of young players like Ozil, Khedira, and Sahin, and he does not seem to have a problem that we have one of the youngest squads in Europe.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Torrente wrote:Marca is now reporting that the board will confirm that Valdano is gone after today's meeting. It was always inevitable that this would happen.

Even though Valdano may have the right idea when it comes to the way football SHOULD be played, he has not done a good job for the club in either of his two stints. He was the main reason behind the firing of Del Bosque and he did not support Pellegrini to the extent that he should have after convincing Florentino to hire him. Pellegrini was largely ignored in the way the squad was shaped and Valdano rarely came out in his defense after Inda and his cronies butchered him in the media. Once Florentino didn't listen to him about keeping Pellegrini for another season, Valdano should have had the pride to resign himself. Rumors go that Valdano was even pushing for Michel after Florentino had decided to get Mourinho Doh

Personally I think it is good that a coach will finally get the power he needs to shape the squad. Some accuse Mourinho of only being able to build squads for short term success, but then again Chelsea kept achieving success largely based on the squad that he built. I also like the fact that Mourinho has advocated for the purchase of young players like Ozil, Khedira, and Sahin, and he does not seem to have a problem that we have one of the youngest squads in Europe.

As you say it is no surprise, there was no way that Valdano and Mourinho could coincide.

Don't forget that the biggest farse of all, Queiroz, was Valdano's recommendation to replace Del Bosque. I like Valdano's overall philosophy and I think he is better than Mijatovic but in the end the club were always going to have to choose between him and the manager. In the first term Florentino sided with Valdano, now he has gone for Mourinho which is, for the sake of continuity, the right thing to do.

I don't think Mourinho should have complete autonomy over the signings though. There should be some checks and balances. Otherwise we will only sign Adebayors and Muntaris and Altintops. Grr
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Jaime wrote:
Torrente wrote:Marca is now reporting that the board will confirm that Valdano is gone after today's meeting. It was always inevitable that this would happen.

As you say it is no surprise, there was no way that Valdano and Mourinho could coincide.

Don't forget that the biggest farse of all, Queiroz, was Valdano's recommendation to replace Del Bosque. I like Valdano's overall philosophy and I think he is better than Mijatovic but in the end the club were always going to have to choose between him and the manager. In the first term Florentino sided with Valdano, now he has gone for Mourinho which is, for the sake of continuity, the right thing to do.

I don't think Mourinho should have complete autonomy over the signings though. There should be some checks and balances. Otherwise we will only sign Adebayors and Muntaris and Altintops. Grr

That's not fair; we have also signed Özil, Sahin, Di Maria, Carvalho, etc. I think Mou prefers runners as squad players, most likely because they are of the mentality to listen to him without question. Signings like Altintop suggest that he is looking for sheer quantity to have a huge squad full of interchangeable runners that he can use to compete in all competitions. While I don't necessarily agree with that philosophy, I can see how it might actually succeed.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah I don't quite understand this criticism of Mourinho as being short term oriented either. Everybody calls the current Chelsea team Mourinho's team. Well Mourinho joined the club in 2004 which means that they have been living of his structure and several of his players(Carvalho/Cole/Essien/Malouda/Drogba) which doesn't take into account the other players who improved under him. At Inter the team had won many league titles and the president was desperate for the first Cl title in 50 years. So not strange if Inter was more short term considering the goal. However this view is especially strange if hurled at him for current stint.

If you want to accuse him of anything then it should be failure to bring up youth players from the ranks but that is a more narrow subject altogether although I gues this won't make Jaime too happy. tongue
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 25, 2011 8:28 pm

King Pipita wrote:
Jaime wrote:

That's not fair; we have also signed Özil, Sahin, Di Maria, Carvalho, etc. I think Mou prefers runners as squad players, most likely because they are of the mentality to listen to him without question. Signings like Altintop suggest that he is looking for sheer quantity to have a huge squad full of interchangeable runners that he can use to compete in all competitions. While I don't necessarily agree with that philosophy, I can see how it might actually succeed.

Adebayor was a specific request of Mourinho. Altintop was a specific request of Mourinho. I don't know if you can say that about the others. Maybe Carvalho.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Super Mourinho wrote:

Yeah I don't quite understand this criticism of Mourinho as being short term oriented either. Everybody calls the current Chelsea team Mourinho's team. Well Mourinho joined the club in 2004 which means that they have been living of his structure and several of his players(Carvalho/Cole/Essien/Malouda/Drogba) which doesn't take into account the other players who improved under him. At Inter the team had won many league titles and the president was desperate for the first Cl title in 50 years. So not strange if Inter was more short term considering the goal. However this view is especially strange if hurled at him for current stint.

If you want to accuse him of anything then it should be failure to bring up youth players from the ranks but that is a more narrow subject altogether although I gues this won't make Jaime too happy. tongue

I always thought it was more to do with the fact that he seems to win quickly and then leave: two years at Porto, three years at Chelsea, two years at Inter. Not that his teams can't succeed after he leaves.

But I think the fact that he is not really interested in bringing young players through is part of that, he does not necessarily have time to be patient with a kid (see Morata) so he brings a player that can already do what he wants on the pitch (see Adebayor).
Torrente

Post by Torrente on Wed May 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Jaime wrote:

Of course, how could I forget "Mr. Modernity" Queiroz Doh

In the end, Valdano failed because he was supposed to counterbalance Florentino's idiocy and lack of footballing knowledge. I get the feeling that Valdano did say things like "Sir, maybe it's not such a good idea to sell Eto to our big rivals" or "Maybe we shouldn't get rid of just about every quality star player we have while having a bunch of stars being played out of position". But he never really asserted himself to the degree that Florentino actually listened.

But for Florentino, Valdano has been the perfect shield to have. I'm surprised at the number of Madrid fans that hate Valdano and adore Florentino. They blame Valdano for everything that goes wrong in the club while Florentino's only mistake seems to be to listen to Valdano. I've been a big critic of Valdano myself, but anyone who thinks that decisions such as selling Robben and Sneijder and never buying defenders for so many seasons were made by Valdano is really deluting themselves. Valdano and Florentino are a team of idiots and I'm happy that this partnership has finally been broken up.

Agreed about the checks and balances not only for the quality or type of players, but also because if it was up to Mourinho we would have a squad of players earning 4+ million Euros per season in the bench. His insistence on having Benzema/Higuain/Manolito for one position while sometimes playing none had some worrying signs.
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Wed May 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Valdano like many have already mentioned has a better philosophy than Mourinho, but with him it is only a philosophy that he can not manage to implement twice now. He will go back to sounding very intelligent but when he has actually had influenced he more often than not fucks up.

Jose having full power is definitely better for the club, not because it's Jose but a manager having control which he should have in my opinion.

Any thoughts on the Aguero issue, I don't see the need, and how embarrassing for him after running his mouth talking about how he will never play for a team starting with 'R' and now talking about receiving offers UNCONDITIONALLY
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed May 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Aguero

He can f*ck right off as far as I'm concerned. I don't want anything to do that antimadridista c*nt.

Ok, rant over. I honestly don't think he will come.

1. I don't think he is the sort of lone striker that Mourinho can live with.

2. Benzema would have to leave first and I'm still skeptical that the club will sell him.

3. Florentino is too worried about "offending" another spanish club by signing their players and least of all is he gonna do it to Atletico.
Torrente

Post by Torrente on Wed May 25, 2011 9:24 pm

The only way I would accept Kun's signing is if it's financed by Benzema's sale. I would like to see how Benzema develops next season, but if Mourinho didn't play him against Barcelona when he was playing well consistently then it is obvious that Mourinho doesn't trust him fully. Kun is essentially the same type of player than Benzema so it would not be a major change. I would also love to see the colchoneros suffer for this. I've read some of their forums and the level of hostility toward Kun has reached incredible proportions, even by the ones that don't think he'll go to Real Madrid.

My main problem with Kun's signing is his previous statements about not wanting to join us. He might have even insulted our club though I don't remember his statements too well. Then again, Figo did call us "crybabies" before joining and I certainly wasn't against his signing.

And of course, if Higuain is sold to bring el Kun then somebody should burn down Florentino's house Evil or Very Mad
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric on Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm

I think Valdano is capable but like Torrente said, he has never had a strong enough position to really counterbalance Florentino's tendencies. To his credit, after Valdano left the first time Perez absolutely lost the plot which is worth mentioning.

Kun is not worth pissing off Atleti AND forcing Benzema out. Benz is developing well and beyond that, we don't need another striker who prefers the ball played to his feet. I see Kun as being a short-sighted Perez signing if it happens but let's hope it doesn't.

With the exception of a target man or a defender, I don't see any additions as being necessary or even desirable going forward. Our squad is already huge and very deep; selling useless players should be more of a priority.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu May 26, 2011 12:15 am

I don't want Aguero because I only see him being effective with a striking partner. That would limit us a lot whereas Benzema is more flexible. I really hope we don't sell Benzema because so far Perez has done alright but selling Benzema and buying Aguero would be a throwback to the bad Galactico years.
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm

I would be seriously pissed off if Benzema is sold, especially now that he is settling and improving. If he goes whoever get him will be laughing.

Aguero is just another midget c**t, wouldn't make any difference what so ever as far as I'm concerned.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu May 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Easy boys, easy...

Atletico chief: Real don't want Aguero

Gil Marin told Spanish newspaper AS: ''He (Perez) has told me he has no intention of signing Aguero and I do not doubt him. Firstly due to the good relationship we have personally and secondly due to the clubs' relationship.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/923550/atletico-madrid-chief:-real-madrid-don%27t-want-sergio-aguero?cc=5739
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu May 26, 2011 3:24 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Easy boys, easy...

Atletico chief: Real don't want Aguero

Gil Marin told Spanish newspaper AS: ''He (Perez) has told me he has no intention of signing Aguero and I do not doubt him. Firstly due to the good relationship we have personally and secondly due to the clubs' relationship.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/923550/atletico-madrid-chief:-real-madrid-don%27t-want-sergio-aguero?cc=5739
Remember that Perez also said that buying Beckham was out of the question and that he wanted to maintain a good relationship with Man Utd. Whistle

Hopefully though it is true and Perez will stay away. I'm hoping that since he regards Benzema as his purchase and his other craque(Kaka) went sour, that he will stick with Benzema. His celebration when Benzema scored that important away goal at Lyon suggests that he does indeed have hopes for Benzema.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:33 am