La Liga 2010/11 Season Thread

Re: La Liga 2010/11 Season Thread

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:38 pm

the mere fact that this is how the Spanish league has been going on for god knows how long doesn't mean fans should just accept it and move on, its high time now the league organizes itself it a way that doesn't see clubs here today and gone tomorrow, their needs to be a more sustainable model in the league, where a team like villarreal can continues to challenge the big boys and even win a few titles every few years, its not just a matter of the TV money, but their needs to be rules put into place to prevent teams from going into debt the way valencia has and just improper management all around.
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:59 pm

fcb wrote:
Jaime wrote:

You do get the sense that if Villarreal, for example, had the opportunity to invest 50m euro even as a one off, they could really challenge for the title. But the reality is that their net spending for the last 2-3 years is negative. The TV money is an issue and I for one would certainly advocate a more egalitarian way of dividing the pie. Who knows if this will be possible. But even if it happens I feel like some clubs will continue to be run so awfully that it wouldn't matter. In the last couple of years Atletico and Sevilla have both spent a fair amount on players and are nowhere close to be legitimate contenders. I think what is certain is that for Spanish clubs the way forward (as is being demonstrated first and foremost by Barcelona but also Villarreal and Espanyol) is investing in the cantera.

Top post, agree with both the main points ok
They may well have wasted a lot of money but then so have Madrid and Barca. The reality is that the big two have such big budgets that they can get away with making numerous expensive mistakes whilst the others can't. For the other teams the degree of error in the transfer market is significantly lower and the only way they have come close to challenging is when most of the decisions have come right. Villarreal just happen to be super efficient right now with their limited funds yet still can't manage to compete.

This is not helped by the big two seemingly having an unlimited credit source. If the big two just had huge but fixed budgets then they would at least have fixed parameters that they have to work within. But both clubs seem to be able to write off massive losses and accrue further debt. If the new financial fair play rules prohibit the big two from accumulating massive debts and forcing them to have a fixed (even if huge) budgets, then that should help eficient clubs like Villarael compete. It still won't help the likes of Valencia or Atletico until they become more efficient.

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:08 pm

the second of what will be 4-6 Ballon D'or, the will then rename it the messi D'or in his honour
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Mller, Gtze, Neuer, Gndogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:19 pm

hes only that good because of his teammates

without xavi and iniesta he is only the half worth, both of them dominate the opponent, not messi

FACT

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:21 pm

posted it in the wrong thread

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Hercules up 3-0 inside the first half against atletico, flores in on tin ice
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Hercules 4 - 0 Atletico Madrid Shocked

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:37 pm

Messi hatrick. All different goals, first one a chip, second he ran it wide in the penalty area, the keeper committed himself yet he still managed to twist and find the left hand corner of the net. Third goal through one on one and was never going to miss.

Best player ever in football.
Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:39 pm

4-0 Pedro.
Luis

Post by Luis on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 pm

5-0 Keita
TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 pm

It wasnt that easy as result shows.
And i cant believe how many mistakes we made in the defense, especially Alves. All their chances came from our mistakes.
Anyway, Messi is sometimes selfish.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 am

TITO wrote:It wasnt that easy as result shows.
And i cant believe how many mistakes we made in the defense, especially Alves. All their chances came from our mistakes.
Anyway, Messi is sometimes selfish.
Sell the bastard!! Razz
TITO

Post by TITO on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:55 pm

So much bad blood tonight.
Sergio Ramos is a piece of shit and everybody knows that, but i didnt expected the acts from Xabi. In several occasions he deserved a punch in his fucking face for the way that he acted.
And that diving from Di Maria was pure class. Very Happy
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 am

Ramos really is a pathetic c**t. Towards the end of the game he lost a 50-50 with Felipe Luis, and then tried to kick the Atletico player in the face. Luckily for Ramos he missed, and the ref took a calm view instead of giving him a yellow for intent as some would do.

As you said, Xabi Alonso acted like a c**t too. Pulling down an Atletico player by the neck, and that incident in the box where it looked like he clattered into the guy and brought him down from a height, but I reckon he knew exactly what he was trying to do.

All said and done though, same old story from Atletico. Pathetic bunch of pussies. That 3rd goal lol!
TITO

Post by TITO on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:14 am

fcb wrote:Ramos really is a pathetic c**t. Towards the end of the game he lost a 50-50 with Felipe Luis, and then tried to kick the Atletico player in the face. Luckily for Ramos he missed, and the ref took a calm view instead of giving him a yellow for intent as some would do.

As you said, Xabi Alonso acted like a c**t too. Pulling down an Atletico player by the neck, and that incident in the box where it looked like he clattered into the guy and brought him down from a height, but I reckon he knew exactly what he was trying to do.

All said and done though, same old story from Atletico. Pathetic bunch of pussies. That 3rd goal lol!

That he did in front of ref's eyes, i mean the ref was just couple of meters away from the incident and looking in that direction, yet he forgot to punish him.

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:47 pm

marco ruben scores again for villarreal

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:31 pm

teams in la liga may not be able to bear real and barca, but their is no league i would rather watch.

villarreal V osasuna= sweetness
fcb

Post by fcb on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Wow, what a shock result for La Real, winning 4-0 away to Getafe!

Crucial win for Zaragoza as well, 1-0 at home against Levante in the relegation 6 pointer.

And Villarreal beat Osasuna 4-2 (featuring some excellent goals, esp. from Cani who scored from around the halfway line) while Sporting also get a good win, 2-0 at home to inconsistent Hercules.

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 pm

athletic up 2-0 already against racing
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:33 am

They win 2-1. And Espanyol pull off a big win, 2-1 away to Sevilla. Same old La Liga, unpredictable as always.

Cani's goal can be seen here:

Island Girl

Number of posts : 150
Supports : Barcelona, Arsenal, Juventus, Valencia and Sevilla
Favourite Player : Eto'o, Nedved, Xavi and Rivaldo
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Post by Island Girl on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Sevilla have let me down this season. I expected more from them.

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:14 pm

first choice XI by pep, thought he would have rested a player are two

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Nice one two by piatti and someone else, then piatti with a driving run and was fouled by ramos in the box, which leads to a goal.

piatti is a very good player

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Ronaldo crashes a free-kick against the underside of the bar with seconds remaining. Almeria hold out to claim a draw, and Madrid drop (what are likely to be) two costly points.

Casillas and Vargas get in a fight at the end as well.

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:54 pm

they did it, diego alves is a hero, but they entire team was great today.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:56 pm

8-0 against Barca, and we just about get a draw. Are Barca that good or do these teams just bend over backwards and play as if thier lives depends on it against us.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Or maybe you are not that good?

Poor 1-on-1 defending from Madrid today, and generally sub-par performance as well. No way you should be drawing against Almeria, they were at sixes-and-sevens throughout the match.

I bet Mourinho won't mention this though, instead him and his sycophants at Marca will moan about the ref and like you said - about how the small teams apparently only try against Madrid Rolling Eyes

One of the English writers on La Liga made a good point the other day - Madrid seem incapable of scoring unless they work themselves into a desperate frenzy, flying at the opposition goal with 100% energy.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:01 pm

fcb wrote:Or maybe you are not that good?

Poor 1-on-1 defending from Madrid today, and generally sub-par performance as well. No way you should be drawing against Almeria, they were at sixes-and-sevens throughout the match.

I bet Mourinho won't mention this though, instead him and his sycophants at Marca will moan about the ref and like you said - about how the small teams apparently only try against Madrid Rolling Eyes

One of the English writers on La Liga made a good point the other day - Madrid seem incapable of scoring unless they work themselves into a desperate frenzy, flying at the opposition goal with 100% energy.

Sleep

Tell me something i dont know. I am well aware of our many flaws.

You cant deny that the effort Almeria put into this game is much greater than against Barca. Thats the point i was making. Against Barca teams have already lost the match in the tunnel, against us they know they got a better chance of winning than against Barca.

And no its not an excuse, we have a lot of issues to sort out first with our team.

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Cristiano wrote:8-0 against Barca, and we just about get a draw. Are Barca that good or do these teams just bend over backwards and play as if thier lives depends on it against us.

Seriously

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:13 pm

iniesta getting more and more complete each day

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:48 am