La Liga 2010/11 Season Thread

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butrague˝o, Redondo, Ra˙l, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: La Liga 2010/11 Season Thread

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Noah und der Bale wrote:Messi - 31 goals, and 18 assists. That is just on another level.

C*nt level. Ale
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Tue May 24, 2011 3:46 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
Kroos wrote:
and rossi is the only player outside the top 2 teams

And he'll likely move to Barcelona this summer. This is kinda sad to be honest.

Yes, big difference from how every top player in the Bundesliga goes to Bayern Rolling Eyes
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Tue May 24, 2011 4:08 pm

fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
Kroos wrote:

Yes, big difference from how every top player in the Bundesliga goes to Bayern Rolling Eyes

When pointing out Bayern's dominance in the league, this season probably wasn't the time to do it.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fu▀ballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 4:21 pm

In addition to that, it has been a while since Bayern bought key players from their direct competition. This summer will be different, but it didn't happen for a couple of years.

Besides, over the last decade, there have been 5 different Bundesliga champions. No other big league in Europe comes close to that: Spain had 3, so did the EPL and Serie A. So if the by far richest team in the league is 'dominating', that dominance seems to be a hell lot more acceptable for the average (neutral) fan who doesn't have to endure the same few teams winning the league all the time.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butrague˝o, Redondo, Ra˙l, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 4:58 pm

fcb wrote:
blutgraetsche wrote:
Kroos wrote:

The bigger problem is how many players go to play for midlevel teams in other leagues. Think how much better la liga would be if the likes of Jose Enrique, Michel, Jurado, Azpilicueta, Cuellar, Javi Garcia, Arteta, Jordi Gomez, Escudero, etc, etc stayed in Spain with the likes of Villarreal, Valencia, Atletico, or Sevilla. But they can get bigger wages other places so they go.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Didn't Spain abandon the 'special tax rule' (discounted flat tax rate) for foreign players a while ago? This probably explains why most of the other Spanish clubs can't hold on to their players. Real and Barca are simply too rich, powerful and prestigious not to.
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue May 24, 2011 5:46 pm

I wasn't talking about Bayern domination on the pitch. I was specifically referring to how they habitually hoover up the best players from other teams in the league. That's still the same, regardless of whether they win titles to go with it or not.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 5:50 pm

The difference is that while they may do that (which they didn't for a while, as explained), the team of the season isn't a Bayern only affair, even in their 'dominant' seasons. If a single player from the other teams bar the top 2 made the team of the season list in Spain, and that player is going to move to one of those top 2 in foreseeable time, something is wrong.
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue May 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Team of the season according to who - goalfucking.com, the height of shallow, hype-based analysis? Give me a break. The only sad thing here is their typical gloryhunter approach to football - they don't really have proper knowledge of what they write about, they just go with the hype and with cliches.

Pepe, Ozil, Xavi...I wouldn't put any of them in the team of the season. Especially Pepe, what are they smoking over there lol!
Rossi wasn't even the best player at Villarreal this season.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 6:24 pm

So do you expect the teams of Marca, AS and Sport to look very different?

21 points (!) between second placed Real Madrid and third placed Valencia kas. That speaks for itself.
Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone on Tue May 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Kas, Blut made a point about the analysis of the top two. That his source for it was a goal.com article changes nothing, as it is hardly something that is debatable. That Rossi is moving to Barca underlines this further.

You then ignored this point, responding to a different argument about how Bayern harvest up players. I don't think this really links to Blut's point, as his point wasn't the harvesting, rather how the top two teams are incredibly dominant, and that there are few players from other clubs who can get in their starting line up these days. Which isn't really linked to the harvesting of players, rather the dominance they exert. Bayern have been guilty of harvesting players, but never have exerted this kind of monopoly (duopoly for Spain) over the league.

Honest question, which players from the "other" teams in Spain would get into the starting XI fair and square. Not the hedged debate of, well Aguero might be better than Higuain.

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 6:28 pm

goal.com is very lazy to be fair.

I wouldn't put Valdes, I wouldn't have Pique, I wouldn't have Pepe, and I wouldn't have Iniesta. I don't know why kas has a problem with Ozil or Xavi.

Rossi is fine too. You could make a case for Negredo or Aguero or even Soldado I suppose but I don't think it is wildly wrong to include Rossi.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Hlebagone wrote:Kas, Blut made a point about the analysis of the top two. That his source for it was a goal.com article changes nothing, as it is hardly something that is debatable. That Rossi is moving to Barca underlines this further.

You then ignored this point, responding to a different argument about how Bayern harvest up players. I don't think this really links to Blut's point, as his point wasn't the harvesting, rather how the top two teams are incredibly dominant, and that there are few players from other clubs who can get in their starting line up these days. Which isn't really linked to the harvesting of players, rather the dominance they exert. Bayern have been guilty of harvesting players, but never have exerted this kind of monopoly (duopoly for Spain) over the league.

Honest question, which players from the "other" teams in Spain would get into the starting XI fair and square. Not the hedged debate of, well Aguero might be better than Higuain.

Well there are plenty of midfielders who could make our XI - Borja Valero and Javi Martinez in particular.

Apart from that....

The worst part for Villarreal is if they sell Rossi he is going to sit on the bench at Barcelona.

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Tue May 24, 2011 6:36 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:In addition to that, it has been a while since Bayern bought key players from their direct competition. This summer will be different, but it didn't happen for a couple of years.

Besides, over the last decade, there have been 5 different Bundesliga champions. No other big league in Europe comes close to that: Spain had 3, so did the EPL and Serie A. So if the by far richest team in the league is 'dominating', that dominance seems to be a hell lot more acceptable for the average (neutral) fan who doesn't have to endure the same few teams winning the league all the time.

Not wanting to be pedantic, but surely 3 does come close to 5? Laughing

I sort of see Kas' point - the fact is even though there have been 5 different Bundesliga Champions, there is only 1 that repeatedly performs in Europe and has the prestige to match the best in Europe, and that is Bayern. And that team has a history of poaching the best talent in the Bundesliga.

What relevance this has to the argument itself, I'm lost if I'm honest. But suffice to say the balance of power in Germany is more spread than in Spain, but then Bayern will be back on their perch when they go out and spend millions this summer, like no other Bundesliga club can compete with.

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue May 24, 2011 6:37 pm

3 isn't close to 5 at all, otherwise Spurs would have a realistic chance to win the league, too.

Hlebagone

Post by Hlebagone on Tue May 24, 2011 7:07 pm

BOOM.
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue May 24, 2011 7:33 pm

Well, I thought Blut's point was about all the best players being at just 2 clubs, hence my point about Bayern. If it indeed wasn't, and he was repeating the "Spain is another Scotland" cliche, then fair enough.

@Jaime: you wouldn't have Iniesta in there? Are you kidding? He's been one of the players of the season IMO, if not the best one.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 pm

fcb wrote:@Jaime: you wouldn't have Iniesta in there? Are you kidding? He's been one of the players of the season IMO, if not the best one.

I know he has scored more this year but truthfully I thought he was better last year. And I don't think he has been more influential than Xavi (or Borja Valero or Ozil for their respective teams). He is still better than Kaka, I just wouldn't put him in my XI of the year.
TITO

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO on Tue May 24, 2011 8:18 pm

He surely was better than Xavi.
Ozil was great, though outplayed in some big games, but very intelligent player. And i would have included him in the team of the season.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Xavi still makes you tick though. Say what you want but you did not miss Iniesta one bit in the first leg of the CL. You would have noticed if it was Xavi who was missing.
TITO

Number of posts : 3155
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by TITO on Tue May 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Maybe, maybe not. We also missed Xavi in some important games, and Keita replaced him, and yes, we didn't missed him so much.
I have said earlier, depending on who we are playing their role in the game can be missed or not. Against teams that know how to play the ball and go for it we need them both in the team.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm