bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 am

Some INTEResting facts/observations:

- Inter have scored 12 goals in 4 games under Leo. In the 15 Serie A games under Benitez, Inter had scored 20 goals.

- Last month Milan were leading Rafa's Inter by 13 points, Inter having a game in hand. If Inter win this wed against 17th placed Cesena, that lead would be cut to 6 points with Inter still having a game in hand!

- Zanetti made his 519th Serie A appearance for Inter last weekend, equalling Bergomi's all-time record!!

- If Inter win the scudetto, they would have successfully overcome the biggest winter gap in the history of Serie A

- Rafa's gym based heavy muscle training was the first thing Leo threw out of the window, reverting back to Mou's on the ball training, focussing on working in confined spaces to increase players' explosiveness. And frakin hell, does the difference show!! No more "taxi for Maicon"....

- Eto'o has now scored an incredible 23 goals in 26 appearances this season, finding the net every 104 minutes.

- Stankovic scored his 50th Serie A goal last weekend, his 6th of the season in all competitions. Thats the reason we are not missing our "trequartista" Sneijder/Coutinho.

And to end on a funny note, here is a quote for ya:
"Mourinho needs to learn some manners and respect" - SuperMario Balotelli
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Its starting to look familiar again...

Football-italia team of the week:
Antonioli
Maicon - Cannavaro - Gamberini - Armero
Zanetti - Stankovic
Sanchez ---------- Del Piero
Eto'o - Milito

Goal.com team of the week:

Rosati
Bega Cannavaro Astori
Sanchez - Zanetti Nainggolan Olivera
Del Piero
Etoo Ibrahimovic
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 pm

bluenine wrote:
Red n' Black wrote:OH MY GOD!!!

wtf was that..

IBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Its when he starts scoring goals like that from nowhere.......................

that was a fuckin awesome "only-by-ibracadabra" goal...

fcb wrote:That Ibrahimovic goal is just ridiculous, fantastic, brilliant, sublime. He looks like he's just making a gentle lob to noone in particular, yet it goes perfectly into the corner of the goal. Generates power without a huge backswing, and achieves perfect placement from a difficult angle. Great technique.

Tarun wrote:Amazing goal by Ibra! But more importantly Milan drop 2 points.
Wow. I don't usually rate long punts because that's what they usually are. Just punts. But this was amazing. When you're loosing interest in football its the like of Ibrahimovic that remind you how special football can be!!

A special player.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:20 pm

And with his weaker foot as well. Insane.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:26 pm

shazlx wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Red n' Black wrote:OH MY GOD!!!

wtf was that..

IBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Its when he starts scoring goals like that from nowhere.......................

that was a fuckin awesome "only-by-ibracadabra" goal...

fcb wrote:That Ibrahimovic goal is just ridiculous, fantastic, brilliant, sublime. He looks like he's just making a gentle lob to noone in particular, yet it goes perfectly into the corner of the goal. Generates power without a huge backswing, and achieves perfect placement from a difficult angle. Great technique.

Tarun wrote:Amazing goal by Ibra! But more importantly Milan drop 2 points.
Wow. I don't usually rate long punts because that's what they usually are. Just punts. But this was amazing. When you're loosing interest in football its the like of Ibrahimovic that remind you how special football can be!!

A special player.

Yup, agree totally. Half the goals on the Premier League "goal of the week/month" videos make me yawn.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Pirlo wrote:Milan's defence and midfield is absolute shite,

I will say now, they will throw away the lead and they have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of winning the league yunl;ess they sign 3-4 players in this transfer window,

ZERO creativity in midfield,

Time for Seedorf to fuck off now,

Dumb ass wing-backs like Bonera, Antonini and Abate, and Amelia has absolutely no presence in goal at all.

We have a fantasy attack but fuck all to back it up with,

They've thrown away 7 ridiculous points in the last 4 games, 3 to Roma, 2 to Udinese and 2 to Lecce ffs!

I think Inter will win it because Milan have turned to shit, Leo's arrival has given them some presence in the league and everyone up top is throwing away points like confetti.

This was entering our straightforward run of matches, we should have been targeting maximum points from this month, pathetic performances in 2011.

Beautiful goal by Ibra and again Cassano made a magnificent cameo, nearly setting up a winner in 90+2 as well,

Are there any rumours that Milan will be buying anybody in this transfer window?

Glad to see Cassano is doing well. When is he supposed to be fit enough to play a full 90mins?

Bluey
Haven't seen since Leo took over but what has been his big changes from Benitez?
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Supports : AC Milan
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

@ Super Laudrup: if the papers/journalists are correct, we want a midfielder and a LB. Lazzari and Criscito are the most likely ones.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:59 am

Super Laudrup wrote:Bluey
Haven't seen since Leo took over but what has been his big changes from Benitez?

He has made just a few key changes:

1. He got rid of Rafa's gym based heavy muscle training, reverting back to Mou's on the ball training. You can see the difference on the pitch, players are looking more energetic/explosive.... just look at Maicon's transformation for example, he is back! ....and there have been no new injuries.

2. A very hands on approach, replacing Rafa's aloofness with warmth, friendliness. I guess thats more of a personality difference, a reason why Moratti/Branca chose Leo.... He has already won the dressing room as he behaves like one of the players.... and the players are smiling again.

3. Formation wise, he has gone back to Mancio & Mou style. His formation reminds me more of Mancio's 4312, the player roles are more like during Mou's time but a bit less constrained. Both these changes suit our existing group of players, and you can see that the confidence/swagger is back.

Thats all, just a few minor adjustments was all Inter needed... the big problem with Rafa was he tried to chnage too much for the sake of being different. Leo instead has embraced Mou and Mancio's work, and is using it as his starting point.
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Lazzari, Criscito, Ziegler ar ehte three names at the moment,

It would go a small way to sorting out the problems, but still no centre-back, Amelia is shit as a reserve goalkeeper as well, absolutely no presence and takes about five hours to get down to ground shots,

Ibra is an absolute god, overrated players do not score goals like he does. And Cassano has been absolutely magnificent in his three sub appearances so far, once fit he's starting games instead of Pato and Robinho that's for sure.

A shame the fantasy frontline is betrayed by the absoilute shit we have to call upon in reserve, but Pirlo, Boateng, Zambrotta and Abbiati should all be be back soon, added to that some signings and Robinho should have recovered as well, so we'll at least get the small squad depth we have back and most importantly get Pirlo back into that midfield to play through again.

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Disaster...

Eto'o & Milito had given Inter a 2-0 lead in 15 minutes, then Milito went off injured, and now Cesena score two... Sad

34 minutes: 2-2

I miss Samuel Sad

fcuk, Lucio just misses a free header...
Murray

Number of posts : 10212

Post by Murray on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Inter can't defend when Materazzi plays

Why isn't Ranocchia playing instead?
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Murray wrote:Inter can't defend when Materazzi plays

Why isn't Ranocchia playing instead?
You won't believe if I tell you why...

Inter decided not to play Ranocchia in this postponed game, since he would have not been available at the original date.... affraid Now I am all for fair play, but this is a bit extreme...

Martix is an idiot, and speically Lucio+Matrix just don't work. Inter have as good as let Cesena back into the game with this decision...

Anyway, Chivu made it 3-2 just before HT... this game is making me tense.
Murray

Number of posts : 10212

Post by Murray on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Apparently,the rule is a bit vague about whether Ranocchia would be eligible or not.

http://www.football-italia.net/jan19v.html
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Phew, its over. 3-2. Inter win, thats all that matters cheers

Inter under Leo have been quite freescoring, 15 goals in 5 games. But we have conceeded 7 goals too, which is a bit too many - no clean sheets yet. Inter's defence today was shite, a top team would ve thumped us. And without Milito, we lack a target man... Eto'o/Pandev rarely in position for Maicon's crosses, and Biabiany is proving himself to be a useless pace merchant with no end product...

5 consecutive wins this year is all good, but Leo has his work cut out... Inter need to improve if we are to win anything this season. There are doubts about whether Leo can build a solid defence, which is a bit concerning.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Murray wrote:Apparently,the rule is a bit vague about whether Ranocchia would be eligible or not.

http://www.football-italia.net/jan19v.html

Yeah, but like Branca said, there is no rule which says that Ranocchia could not play... we risked our historic 6th consecutive scudetto!!

Milan, watch yr back.... Inter are steamrolling towards ya.... now only 6 points behind, with a game in hand Wink
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:07 pm

You still have to win in those 2 games, Bluey and we have to lose 2 games in a row,, then you get to us

bluenine

Post by bluenine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Pras_tama wrote:You still have to win in those 2 games, Bluey and we have to lose 2 games in a row,, then you get to us
No, we have a game in hand... which means we have to win 2 and Milan lose just 1 for it to be all square Wink

Anyways, I wouldn't mind at all if we can maintain this gap for the next month or two. We have a tough run of games now, and Milan have that later... Its a long season, a very competitive league, anything can happen.... but at least now we have a chance.... most interisti had given up scudetto hope last month, and were praying for a top 4 finish!!
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Just what we feared... Milito down again.... we need a striker, Eto'o Pandev does not work, neither are in position to benefit from Maicon's crosses. These are two tough games where we need to get at least 4 points.

God I wish we has not loaned out Destro...

Inter Striker Diego Milito Will Miss Udinese Clash After Suffering Injury Against Cesena

Inter's Diego Milito will not be available for the Sunday clash versus Udinese and may also miss Palermo's visit to San Siro.

Inter striker Diego Milito will not be available to coach Leonardo for the match at Udinese on Sunday afternoon, according to Yahoo! Eurosport.

The 31-year-old has looked more sharp as of late, scoring in his last two matches, but suffered a setback when he was forced off the pitch after just 20 minutes in the 3-2 win on Wednesday against Cesena.

"Tests have shown a first degree strain to the biceps femoris," confirmed part of a statement released by the club.

The prognosis is the Argentine striker will miss approximately ten days of action, meaning there is the possibility he may also fail to regain full fitness by the time the Nerazzurri host Palermo on January 30.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Castaignos?

I just can't get why we haven't brought him in yet.
I understand buying sensibly, but we're apparently dragging the talks since one month for around 1mil difference.
The price is already cheap for recognized young talents standard, we're just risking to see it rise if he gets an hattrick and some other club chimes in.

While we could have had a 1,87 tall and fast forward already acclimatized on our bench right now.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:49 pm

abundance wrote:Castaignos?

I just can't get why we haven't brought him in yet.
I understand buying sensibly, but we're apparently dragging the talks since one month for around 1mil difference.
The price is already cheap for recognized young talents standard, we're just risking to see it rise if he gets an hattrick and some other club chimes in.

While we could have had a 1,87 tall and fast forward already acclimatized on our bench right now.
I guess Inter are in no rush on negotiations for young Luc coz the structure of the deal is to loan him back for another 6 months anyways... but yeah, Branca & Co are underestimating our need for another striker... surely we cannot expect Eto'o & Milito to be fit for all games in the congested calender... its not gonna happen.

Unfortunately Pandev is a bit too hit n miss, Biabiany lacks the quality, Suazo is broken, and Alibec just not ready yet.... Now I am wishing Inter pay the bloated 20m evaluation for Sanchez... perhaps if we can sell Muntari for 10-12m as is rumoured?
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Mller, Gtze, Neuer, Gndogan

Post by Kroos on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 pm

merkel scored for milan

maybe my most hated club in italy becomes likeable lol
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Mller, Gtze, Neuer, Gndogan

Post by Kroos on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:27 pm

3:0 binho

world class assist from merkel

i hope lw watch this, i dont wanna see this guy in russian red
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:13 am

The next 7 days will be a crucial test for Leo & Inter. Without Cesar, Milito, Sneijder, & Samuel, we face 3 top 8 teams in 7 days.... First we travel to Udinese, then midweek we play Napoli in coppa, and following weekend we host Palermo.

This is it. Our title credentials will be put to a stern test, how I wish Samuel or Milito were fit!!!

edit: Even Maicon is doubtful with suspected flu Sad
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:02 pm

We are getting torn to shreds at Udinese....
25 mins: Udinese 2-1 Inter
The only player really playing for us so far is Stank.... scored a good goal, and had another brilliant attempt thumping the bar... Udinese are playing amazing.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:24 pm

bluenine wrote:We are getting torn to shreds at Udinese....
25 mins: Udinese 2-1 Inter
The only player really playing for us so far is Stank.... scored a good goal, and had another brilliant attempt thumping the bar... Udinese are playing amazing.
And thats how it stands at HT. Very open game so far, there could easily have been 4-5 more goals. But the score is fair I guess, Udinese's attacks have looked more dangerous.

The big worry is that with Milito, Sneijder, Coutinho, and Suazo injured, we don't have any other attacking options on the bench apart from the ineffective Biabiany. Pandev is looking useless, but what can anyone do about it.... Inter desperately need another top striker.

We miss Cesar too, he would have saved at least Zapata's goal today...
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:56 pm

This is another place where I think Inter take sportmanship a bit too far.... Pinzi went down and stayed down in an Udinese attack, and Udinese kept attacking - they did not stop the play. When Inter won the ball and went on attack, Zanetti kicks the ball out - why?? If Udinese did not sacrifice their attack for one of their players, why should Inter?
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Udinese score again Sad Game as good as over
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Will Aqua-man play for Juve today? May give it a watch to see what all the fuss about if he is.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:12 pm

83 minutes: Udinese 3-1 Inter

The only wonder is how have Udinese not scored more yet? They are still looking more likely to score Sad
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Final score 3-1...I haven't watched much of Inter under Leonardo but from the match reports and analysis/opinions, it sounds like you're much more attacking/open now. Is that true?

If so, it should make for a great CL tie against Bayern, whose team is also tailored to scoring a lot, but also conceding a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:58 am