82'Lazio1 - 2Lecce
82'Parma1 - 2Cagliari
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Milan equalise. They really are destined for the title...
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:47 pm

fcb wrote:Milan equalise. They really are destined for the title...

Phuckin Pato. Useless Udinese.
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Maybe not. 4-3 to Udinese now. Amazing game to watch.

Last edited by fcb on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Why the fuck cant these useless fucks defend??? Fucking useless, SIGN SOME FUCKING DEFENDERS.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:51 pm

German motherf***in Denis, awesome!!!

Milan 3-4 Udinese
fcb

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Great comeback by Fiorentina as well:

30' [0 - 1] A. Diamanti
45' [0 - 2] N.A. Cordova
72' [1 - 2] A. Gilardino
86' [2 - 2] M.A. Santana
88' [3 - 2] A. Ljajic

Bonera is rubbish. Why doesn't the Greek guy play? I thought he was decent?

Holy shit, Ibrahimovic has made it 4-4!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Motherf***in Ibrahimovic Sad

4-4
Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:59 pm

tWO POINTS THROWN AWAY BECAUSE THE FAT FUCK CAN'T SEE THAT BONERA, ANTONINI AND ABTATE ARE ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT.

To score 4 goals and not win a match is inexcusable, the sqaud needs reinforcing, we're fine in attack but if the Nesta and the first-choice midfield is out, we're fucked, the defending is childish and fucking amateurs. There's no point us playing wing-backs, they cant cross and they cant defend, they just betray the rest of the side, what a shit performance, the only decent thing about this side is the forwards, the rest of the squad is mid-table at best,
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:00 pm

I think I counted two assists by Cassano. Cool
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Antonio Cassano the IMPACT man, 3 assists in 40 mins now. Wait till he gets fit.

Oh and for the rest, I agree with Pirlo. Useless defenders like Antonini and Bonera should GTFO. Ok, I understand that with Zambrotta injured Antonini has to play, but Yepes or Sokratis are better than Bonera.

And not to mention Seedorf who's caused us a goal today and was booed off by the entire San Siro, the dude has been consistently bad for the past 2-3 years yet some people still hype him to the high heavens.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Red n' Black wrote:Antonio Cassano the IMPACT man, 3 assists in 40 mins now. Wait till he gets fit.

Oh and for the rest, I agree with Pirlo. Useless defenders like Antonini and Bonera should GTFO. Ok, I understand that with Zambrotta injured Antonini has to play, but Yepes or Sokratis are better than Bonera.

And not to mention Seedorf who's caused us a goal today and was booed off by the entire San Siro, the dude has been consistently bad for the past 2-3 years yet some people still hype him to the high heavens.

Yeah, you had Yepes & Papa fit... in such a situation when nesta & some key DMs are missing, it would ve made sense to start both.... Yepes coz is he better than Bonera, much better, and Papa as fullback as he is less adventurous. I don't rate Papa as a CB (he is about the same level as Bonera), but IMO he can be a decent RB option when you are looking for more defensive cover.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm

fcb wrote:

Maybe not. 4-3 to Udinese now. Amazing game to watch.

Ale

I can't believe that at least for once I had a chance to watch a highly entertaining Serie A game Yikes
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 pm

bluenine wrote:
Red n' Black wrote:Antonio Cassano the IMPACT man, 3 assists in 40 mins now. Wait till he gets fit.

Yeah, you had Yepes & Papa fit... in such a situation when nesta & some key DMs are missing, it would ve made sense to start both.... Yepes coz is he better than Bonera, much better, and Papa as fullback as he is less adventurous. I don't rate Papa as a CB (he is about the same level as Bonera), but IMO he can be a decent RB option when you are looking for more defensive cover.

Not sure about Yepes, Udinese don't trouble with high aerial bombardments, it's quick touches to feet on the floor and quick movement, Sokratis and Yepes would both be useless in the centre for that, Sokratis is good at slowing opposition out wide and agreessive pressing, but we don't have intelligent enoughh positioners at the back to cope with counters and quick play, Nesta amd Thgiago partnership is indespensible, and given the fragility of both, it's lunacy to to buy cover.

In midfield, utter crap today, no creativity at all, slow, predictable play direct to the front three, Seedorf's pass back was the dumbest back pass i've seen since Beckham's v Genoa last campaign,

The forwards, to score 4 v Udinese, magnificent, Cassano with another two great passes for goals, Ibra with a great finish and nice pass across for Pato's first, and nice second goal by Pato, shame their p;erformance and determination was betrayed by the average midtable crap behind them. We NEED another midfielder, and defensive reinforcements urgently, otherwise all the hard work and ethic of the Winter Season will be pointless, Inter are catching up in a period where we have a relatively easy run of matches, and everytime other teams behind us slip up, so do we, we should have wrapped this title up by now, if we throw it away, Galliani can only blame himself for not heeding what fans have been saying for years now, the defensive zone needs help!
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:43 pm

@bluenine

The thing with Antonini is that he was actually made to look better than what he is last season, with the 4-3-3 and his link-up on the left with Ronaldinho.

However, he has no positional sense, he gets forward all the time like a headless chicken and he's a liability defensively. I hope that, if not in January, then this summer we will finally buy at least a high quality fullback like Cissokho/Coentrao and a very good 3rd CB, otherwise we won't get anywhere near to being CL contenders(we can win the league, but not the CL with this defense).

We have great players in attack, and assuming we buy Lazzari now and Lamela in the summer, I'd be pretty happy with our midfield roster.

But the defense needs sorting out, otherwise everything else will ne in vain.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Allegri on Cassano:

Simplicity is the best thing in football. Again today Cassano provided two simple and effective assists. At this moment his fitness levels mean he can only play around 20 minutes, but once he gets stronger he can start matches too.

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:17 pm

what is the best thing in football
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Red n' Black wrote:Allegri on Cassano:

Simplicity is the best thing in football. Again today Cassano provided two simple and effective assists. At this moment his fitness levels mean he can only play around 20 minutes, but once he gets stronger he can start matches too.
ok
Think Robinho has played better then I expected but would still choose Cassano instead of him when he gets ready. I worry though because so far Cassano has played played as a sub at times when Milan have been attacking heavily so quite a different experience to starting a match.

Love the avatar Wink
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Red n' Black wrote:@bluenine

The thing with Antonini is that he was actually made to look better than what he is last season, with the 4-3-3 and his link-up on the left with Ronaldinho.

However, he has no positional sense, he gets forward all the time like a headless chicken and he's a liability defensively. I hope that, if not in January, then this summer we will finally buy at least a high quality fullback like Cissokho/Coentrao and a very good 3rd CB, otherwise we won't get anywhere near to being CL contenders(we can win the league, but not the CL with this defense).

We have great players in attack, and assuming we buy Lazzari now and Lamela in the summer, I'd be pretty happy with our midfield roster.

Completely agree, mate. Antonini is just not good enough for a top side like Milan. You need a top LB asap. Abate is ok, definately as a back up, maybe even first choice if you push it. If you had someone like Cissokho plus Zambrotta, Papa & Abate, that would be a decent fullback contingent. So you are 1 top LB short.

As for CBs, perhaps Galliani should have gone for a quality back up rather than wasting wages on old average players like Yepes & Onyewu. With Nesta & Thiago, your first choice is so good... this was an opportunity to get a young talented CB as a back up to learn from Nesta... someone like Ranocchia or Bonucci. I guess in Galliani's mind Papa is that player. But IMO Papa will never become a solid first choice CB like Thiago or Nesta are...

If Milan buy these two players this winter, the scudetto is theirs and they will have a good shot at the CL...
Hopefully Galliani will continue to focus on buying temperamental attacking players Razz
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:36 pm

bluenine wrote:

Completely agree, mate. Antonini is just not good enough for a top side like Milan. You need a top LB asap. Abate is ok, definately as a back up, maybe even first choice if you push it. If you had someone like Cissokho plus Zambrotta, Papa & Abate, that would be a decent fullback contingent. So you are 1 top LB short.

As for CBs, perhaps Galliani should have gone for a quality back up rather than wasting wages on old average players like Yepes & Onyewu. With Nesta & Thiago, your first choice is so good... this was an opportunity to get a young talented CB as a back up to learn from Nesta... someone like Ranocchia or Bonucci. I guess in Galliani's mind Papa is that player. But IMO Papa will never become a solid first choice CB like Thiago or Nesta are...

If Milan buy these two players this winter, the scudetto is theirs and they will have a good shot at the CL...
Hopefully Galliani will continue to focus on buying temperamental attacking players Razz

What ever happened to Leto?
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:43 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

That liverpool Leto?? What about him? I think he's in Greece....
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Ouch Juve....

Napoli 3-0 Juventus, Cavani is on a roll... capocannoniere favourite?
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:01 pm

bluenine wrote:
The Easter Bunny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

That liverpool Leto?? What about him? I think he's in Greece....

Oops, not Leto. I remember AC Milan signed quite a good left sided player who was deemed to light weight, I think he plays for one of the big clubs in Greece now(maybe Pana)
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:03 pm

All things settled,

Positives: We gained a point on all our rivals except Napoli (won't have staying power) and Inter (who are still far behind, and have to win both games in hand to come back into contention, 1 of which is v Fiorentina). Roma, Juve and Lazio all lost, so we pull a further point clear of those,

Cassano was sumptuous, and nowhere near full fitness, yet has made 3 goals by himself in his first two matches.
Ibra - a cool finish because it was a pressure shot and he misses so many one on ones, and another assist,
Pato scores two and is getting there, but still a long way from fitness,

We scored 4 goals,

Negatives: The Championship would have been finished if we had beaten Roma before Christmas and Udinese today, both matches at home and both matches we should have comfortably won. Yes, we were hindered by injuries to Nesta, suspension to Ambrosini and missed Boateng, but the match showed the Milan of the last two seasons - if Nesta is out we cannot deal with teams who sit back and counter with quick passing and movement.

Bonera, Antonini and Abate are fucking useless for Milan. Abate is lightning quick and would suit a team who plays a system that could afford him an offensive position in midfield or in wide attack, it doesnt exist at Milan so he's of no use to us. The other two are so bad it's embarrasing, we need a wing-back and centre-back as a matter of priority to sort the defensive depth and consistency out, we also need a decent midfielder, because Gattuso, Strasser (!) and Seedorf was absolutely bereft of any idea and were continually bypassed with ease, the lack of deep creativity was painful at times,

But, still 4 points clear, worse case scenario puts Inter 5 points behind which by the time they make it we'll hopefully have come out of this mini slump of the last three matches - lost v Roma and played the worst we have all season, won v Cagliari despite playing badly, and were shocking defensively v Udinese but kept a point. 4/9 not a disaster, but should have been 5 points further down the track than we are,

Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:16 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Shut up Rai Rolling Eyes
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Now that Baldie is back from Brazil, hopefully he will wrap up a deal for a midfielder this week(Lazzari would be a very good addition). Ideally we will also sign a top full back in winter as well but on the other hand it's hard to get someone of real quality in January, I don't see it happening unless we go for someone like Ziegler or something.

But I'm fairly certain a midfielder will arrive.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Inter have a tough group of games coming up... if we can just keep pace with Milan, 11 points behind, for about a month and win the 2 games in hand, its gonna be an exciting finish to the season...

Still, a lot of work to be done. Milan remain big favourites. Inter were shite today till Pandev came on for Chivu & stirred things up.... I hope Leo begins to start Zanetti/Santon at LB instead of Chivu, we need more bite. That said, the midfield 4 of Zanetti-Motta-Cambiasso-Stankovic are coping up quite welll without the injured AMs (Sneijder/Coutinho). Mostly coz of Stank's play making, Zanetti's wing runs, and forward Lampard-isque movements of Motta & Cuchu. But this will not work against stubborn defences. We may need to start 3 upfront soon.

Perhaps we do need someone like Sanchez/Vargas upfront to stir things up... Vargas value has dropped these days, perhaps Branca should enquire about a player swap...
fcb

Post by fcb on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 am

Milan's squad is huge already, you don't need (and probably can't afford the wages of) more new players! You're walking the league, just try to consolidate on that before overstretching. Many players are out of contract in the summer anyway, that'll be a much better chance to rebuild the squad.
fcb

Post by fcb on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:30 am

Superb skill from Ilicic...the new star of Europe?

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:54 pm

fcb wrote:Superb skill from Ilicic...the new star of Europe?

wft Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:59 pm