Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Share
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:00 pm

fcb wrote:Superb skill from Ilicic...the new star of Europe?

He has been playing brilliantly from the start of the season... one of the reasons Palermo did not miss Cavani & Miccoli so much in the first half of the season.... Zamparini has a knack of recognising raw talent, Ilicic being a last minute purchase after their Europa League games against Maribor just before the transfer window closed. Now he has bought a coupla more relatively unknown eastern europeans, I am kinda excited to see how they turn out...
avatar
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Age : 38
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Tarun on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Zampa is a terrible president but he sure is super at recognizing talent. If he did not own Palermo he could have been a very successful transfer consultant
bluenine wrote:Zamparini has a knack of recognising raw talent, Ilicic being a last minute purchase after their Europa League games against Maribor just before the transfer window closed. Now he has bought a coupla more relatively unknown eastern europeans, I am kinda excited to see how they turn out...
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by fcb on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Anyone else seen the replays of Cavani's 3rd goal for Napoli against Juve? Incredible skill!!!

avatar
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Age : 38
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by abundance on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

hehe I only saw the highlights on sunday and didn't pay attention, it just looked like a normal good header.
Yesterday it was "OMG Cavani SCORPIONE?!?" all around the web.
In the end, it's neither that, it was just a ill timed header.
You can see him missing with his head and fortuitously hit the ball with the back just under the shoulder.
Or maybe it was a ill timed Scorpio, who I am to say he didn't try that? Very Happy
It's not that he's not able to pull it off

avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Afetr 75 minutes, Inter 3-1 Genoa.... Ranocchia gives away a penalty on his Inter debut Sad
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 pm

3 consecutive wins under Leonardo cheers

And Inter started with 4 Italians!!!
avatar
Cheb Hamouda

Number of posts : 421
Age : 30
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Pirlo, Nesta, Pique, Kaka, T. Silva, Sneijder
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:49 pm

That first half performance by Genoa was the worst piece of football I have seen all season
avatar
Cheb Hamouda

Number of posts : 421
Age : 30
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Pirlo, Nesta, Pique, Kaka, T. Silva, Sneijder
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

What is so great about Lazzari I dont see tbh.. he never caught my attention, I prefer someone like Constant, he is a crazy dribbler and a versatile player, I can see him performing the LB, LCM, LM, and AM roles.

About Udinese, it showed what I have been complaining about all the time... ANTONINI... for god sake, why does he play??? and if he he plays WHY ON THE LEFT!!! ... I have never seen him take a good touch with his left foot and he is the guy playing on the wing??? This guy is the most useless player in world football now... I am talking relatively, he needs to be in a team like Atalanta, he just does not suit Milan, not in style not in character.

Bonera, not as bad as Antoine, but not worthy of playing games that we need to win. Papastopolous has been unfairly treated, he really was not bad when he played, and the mistakes he did were being out of position (things that you can repair) but you cannot repair stupidity.. because when Di Natale turned inside and made Bonera land on his ass, there can be only one way to describe how he looked, and that is STUPID. A defender needs to have brains, let the midget shoot with his left better than shoot with his right, he invited him to cut in!!!

And you ESPECIALLY dont play Bonera next to Antonini... thats a no-no!



I am not going to complain, saying we need to make big big changes, we definetly need a left back that is certain, I like the idea of Taiwo who is out of contract at the end of the year, nothing nicer than having a threatening full back a la Maicon, and we really have no left footed players in the team!

As for the Abate bashing, dont put him into the same crop of losers as Antoine and Boner, Abate's performances have been going up with every game while Bonera has been going down since we signed him and Antoine has never changed which is not good because he joined as a horrible player. Abate will soon become a very good RB, all he needs is experience in big games, I like how recently he began using his wing skills to join attacks and become more threatening, next time he will not panic and score a goal and so and so and so...

avatar
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Pirlo on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Cheb Hamouda wrote:

As for the Abate bashing, dont put him into the same crop of losers as Antoine and Boner, Abate's performances have been going up with every game while Bonera has been going down since we signed him and Antoine has never changed which is not good because he joined as a horrible player. Abate will soon become a very good RB, all he needs is experience in big games, I like how recently he began using his wing skills to join attacks and become more threatening, next time he will not panic and score a goal and so and so and so...


Well this is just wrong,

Abate has no chance of becoming a 'very good RB', and he's played in plenty of big games over the past few seasons and shown absolutely no improvement,

He's lightning quick which is why people seem to rate him, but he cannot play RB because he is absolutely useless 1-on-1 with no cover, he has no positional sense, commits too early and when he inevitably bursts forward he keeps losing the ball too easily too deep which means teams have 70 odd yards off space to pick his area off with ease. He needs to be more careful with his runs forward, more disciplined with the adventure of his passes and aware of himself and his team positionally around the box, he's only good when he has the chance to commit defenders and has space to run into and at them, he's virtually useless in tight games.

His best postioning is on the wings in advanced midfield with cover behind, he's wasted at RB because he doesnt have the necessary defensive attributes to play there, and we don't have a tactical position for him under Allegri's system, he's no use to Milan, for himself and for the club it's best he joins a system that can give him his best rather than being used unsuitably as emergency in places that only harms the team. He and Antonini are only playing at Milan because for some inexplicable reason the club has refused sign a genuinely quality right or left back for the last 4 years. Oddo, Favalli, Jankulovski, Antonini, Zambrotta, Abate, Bonera, - awful midtable players when they joined us.

Antonini and Bonera are hopeless playing in a system vulnerable to a quick passing and moving counter, Antonini's acceleration is virtually nil and most players can just walk past him, he's a free cross every time, Bonera has as much flexibility of an elephant, it's ridiculous how easily he gets rolled or opposing forwards can create space at will around him, for Udinese's counter -attack goal for Di Natale he showed him inside ffs!!!! Yikes Doh

Having said that, we don't have any other options, all our defenders bar Nesta-Thiago are of the same mould, fine for a straight physical slow aerial, useless on the deck. This is why i have been saying that we need quality reinforcements in defence for the last FOUR seasons until i am blue in the face Mad we might compete for the league with that rubbish, but in Europe we will get absolutely creamed on the counter every time.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Oddo, Favalli, Jankulovski, Antonini, Zambrotta, Abate, Bonera, - awful midtable players when they joined us.
Overall, I do agree with ya, mate. A lot of average defenders around two top class ones (Nesta + Thiago). Tho I would disagree re Janku when he joined you guys, coz he was still pretty good at that time. I was gutted when he joined Milan, I wanted him at Inter. But in hindsight, his decline accelerated once he joined Milan so it all turned out well Wink

Pirlo wrote:
we might compete for the league with that rubbish, but in Europe we will get absolutely creamed on the counter every time.
You also do have Benitez's stubborness & 40-odd injuries at Inter to thank for that...
avatar
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Pirlo on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 pm

bluenine wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
Oddo, Favalli, Jankulovski, Antonini, Zambrotta, Abate, Bonera, - awful midtable players when they joined us.
Overall, I do agree with ya, mate. A lot of average defenders around two top class ones (Nesta + Thiago). Tho I would disagree re Janku when he joined you guys, coz he was still pretty good at that time. I was gutted when he joined Milan, I wanted him at Inter. But in hindsight, his decline accelerated once he joined Milan so it all turned out well Wink

Pirlo wrote:
we might compete for the league with that rubbish, but in Europe we will get absolutely creamed on the counter every time.
You also do have Benitez's stubborness & 40-odd injuries at Inter to thank for that...

Jankulovski was awful, lost his agression, his pace and dynamism, occasionally popped up with one his ridiculous thunderbolts, but in the end couldn't even cross. The truth is, Milan's transfer campaigns between 2005 and 2010 were mostly a disaster when it came to specifically repairing parts of the team, if we'd had a top defence in those years we would have won far far more than one European Cup and assorted international trophies.

I think we would have been top this season anyhow, we have Ibrahimovic and a top coach again and the team has for the most part, looked reasonably solid. It's only thanks to the ridiculous defence in the last few games that we havn't virtually wrapped the Scudetto up. Hopefuly Galliani has learnt something the last few years and will move to address this before the end of the slot.

Inter has a better defence (Nesta-Thaigo aside) though and has for the last few seasons, in attack we are fine, no problems, in defence and in some midfield situations not nearly good enough.

avatar
Cheb Hamouda

Number of posts : 421
Age : 30
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Pirlo, Nesta, Pique, Kaka, T. Silva, Sneijder
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:45 am

Im sorry but I dont agree with you.

Abate is not in the same level as Bonera and Antonini, those two are hopeless and have never put in good performances for Milan while Abate has done well in several games and did well to limit Ronaldo's trickery in San Siro.

I agree with you that he is not smart (the most appropriate word) in tight spaces, he does not understand triangles and squares which is important for a full back, but let us not forget that he only started playing there since last year so a new position needs time to adapt and some bigger occassions than the ones weve been in to really learn from.

But he is not a headless chicken like Antonini, he doesnt committ himself as often and if he does I am sure that it is something the coach asks him to do because he is covered well by Gattuso and Nesta. When he does go forward he can send in some dangerous crosses, sometimes they are mistimed but other times the forwards do not expect it from him so they too need to adapt to his runs.

Defensively he is OK, he does well to cover on crosses, he doesnt go at the ball as he used to sometimes he waits for the moment to intercept, so these things are what I call improvement and he is young and hungry, I would like to see us give him time, for the time being a solid LB would be good, I like the idea of having someone like Taiwo who is powerful combining with Nesta and Thiago and having Gattuso covering for Abate when going forward. I dont like it when Attackers do the attacking job and defenders just defend.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:51 am

Cheb Hamouda wrote:I agree with you that he is not smart (the most appropriate word).....

Actually Otto had a word or two to perfectly describe the kind of player Abate is..... a legendary defination which is quite apt in this case...

Just a facking runner!

I do agree with you somewhat, Cheb. Abate is much better than Antonini as a player, no doubt about it. Abate can play, Antonini is Serie B stuff. But Pirlo also has a point, Abate is not ready to be a RB for Milan, if he ever becomes a good fullback that is.... Abate is more of a wing back, best suited for a 3-5-2 kind of formation, something like what Maggio does for Napoli.

While we are on the topic, I also heard rumours of a possible bid for Criscito, who is also IMO better suited as a wingback... surely Allegri is not thinking about a 3 man defence? That would be crazy, with all the firepower Milan have upfront... playing 352 will be like throwing a grenade into the dressing room... not that that wouldn't be fun to watch Wink That said, Criscito will clearly be a big improvement on Antonini even as a fullback... I rate Criscito, he is a versatile young player - he can even play a better CB than Bonera Razz
avatar
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Age : 38
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Tarun on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 am

And I hope that SOB Secco rots in hell for selling him
bluenine wrote:That said, Criscito will clearly be a big improvement on Antonini even as a fullback... I rate Criscito, he is a versatile young player - he can even play a better CB than Bonera Razz
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Secco cheers

I wonder if he supported Inter or Roma or Torino as a kid... or maybe Fiorentina, and swore revenge when Baggio was taken away.... coz some of the stuff he did looked like deliberate mischief Wink

Tarun wrote:And I hope that SOB Secco rots in hell for selling him
bluenine wrote:That said, Criscito will clearly be a big improvement on Antonini even as a fullback... I rate Criscito, he is a versatile young player - he can even play a better CB than Bonera Razz
avatar
Cheb Hamouda

Number of posts : 421
Age : 30
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Pirlo, Nesta, Pique, Kaka, T. Silva, Sneijder
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 pm

bluenine wrote:
Cheb Hamouda wrote:I agree with you that he is not smart (the most appropriate word).....

Actually Otto had a word or two to perfectly describe the kind of player Abate is..... a legendary defination which is quite apt in this case...

Just a facking runner!

I do agree with you somewhat, Cheb. Abate is much better than Antonini as a player, no doubt about it. Abate can play, Antonini is Serie B stuff. But Pirlo also has a point, Abate is not ready to be a RB for Milan, if he ever becomes a good fullback that is.... Abate is more of a wing back, best suited for a 3-5-2 kind of formation, something like what Maggio does for Napoli.

While we are on the topic, I also heard rumours of a possible bid for Criscito, who is also IMO better suited as a wingback... surely Allegri is not thinking about a 3 man defence? That would be crazy, with all the firepower Milan have upfront... playing 352 will be like throwing a grenade into the dressing room... not that that wouldn't be fun to watch Wink That said, Criscito will clearly be a big improvement on Antonini even as a fullback... I rate Criscito, he is a versatile young player - he can even play a better CB than Bonera Razz

I agree that Abate is more suited for 352 formation, but I am not unhappy with his performances at RB.

Cristico has some great moments and some really bad ones, I saw the 1st half of the coppa match with Inter and he was playing horrible, including the etoo first goal, but in reality the whole genoa team was bad.
avatar
Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Pirlo on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Galliani confirms he is in negotiation with Preziosi over Criscito! cheers

Get a RB and CB and a CM and we're sorted cheers
avatar
Cheb Hamouda

Number of posts : 421
Age : 30
Supports : AC Milan
Favourite Player : Pirlo, Nesta, Pique, Kaka, T. Silva, Sneijder
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Cheb Hamouda on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:20 pm

If we get Criscito, not only would he be a big upgrade from Antoine, but we can alter our formation when we need to so that we play 3 5 2 (or 3 4 3) when we need to spread the play.


3 5 2:


-------------------Sokratis--------Nesta-------Thiago-----------------------

------Abate--------------Ambrosini-------Pirlo--------------Criscito--------

----------------------------------Boateng/Cassano--------------------------

-----------------------Pato----------------------Ibra--------------------------



3 4 3

--------------------Sokratis--------Nesta--------Thiago-----------------------

-------Abate------------Gattuso----------Ambrosini----------Criscito--------

--------------Pato-----------------Ibra--------------Robinho/Cassano-----------





or if we really need to press forward:



--------------------------Nesta-----------------Thiago------------------------------
------------------------------------Ambrosini----------------------------------------
--------Abate------------------------------------------------------Criscito----------
---------------------------Boateng-------------Pirlo---------------------------------
-------------------Pato-----------------Ibra-------------Robinho/Cassano---------


avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:13 am

4 successive win under Leo cheers

12 goals for in those 4 games, we are scoring again!

Maicon is back, Milito is slowly getting there. Zanetti was a God as usual, Stank playing the trequartista well yet again... and Eto'o stole the show again!

We are getting there....
avatar
Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
Age : 39
Supports : hairbands
Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Lordanger on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:06 am

poor juve.
luca toni and amauri up front... is this the worst, least mobile partnership the world has ever seen?
the fat middle aged men who play 5aside in the park down the road are quicker over 5 yards than these donkeys. and probably better goal scorers too.
bad times...
avatar
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Age : 106
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by fcb on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 am

btw, where has Bobo Vieri disappeared to? The poster of course, not the footballer.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:53 pm

fcb wrote:btw, where has Bobo Vieri disappeared to? The poster of course, not the footballer.

No idea, miss the dude... his team is doing so well...
avatar
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Age : 38
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Tarun on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Yeah...and the latest is that both of them are unavailable for the game...and in a way I am happy;)
So we have only Del Piero as a striker. Let's see who is the makeshift striker that Delneri plays to partner him upfront. My guess is that it will be Martinez

Lordanger wrote:poor juve.
luca toni and amauri up front... is this the worst, least mobile partnership the world has ever seen?
the fat middle aged men who play 5aside in the park down the road are quicker over 5 yards than these donkeys. and probably better goal scorers too.
bad times...
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Is Martinez fit?

Are the starting line ups announced yet?

Tarun wrote:Yeah...and the latest is that both of them are unavailable for the game...and in a way I am happy;)
So we have only Del Piero as a striker. Let's see who is the makeshift striker that Delneri plays to partner him upfront. My guess is that it will be Martinez

Lordanger wrote:poor juve.
luca toni and amauri up front... is this the worst, least mobile partnership the world has ever seen?
the fat middle aged men who play 5aside in the park down the road are quicker over 5 yards than these donkeys. and probably better goal scorers too.
bad times...
avatar
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Age : 33
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Pras_tama on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Rumours: Del Piero - Giannetti as Juve attacking duo
avatar
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Age : 38
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Tarun on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Martinez is fit and is on the bench. Like SLG wrote it is actually Gianetti who starts alongside Delps
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Slow start today...
FTCagliari3 - 1Palermo
35'Brescia0 - 0Parma
35'Catania1 - 0Chievo
35'Cesena0 - 0AS Roma
35'Genoa0 - 1Udinese
35'Juventus0 - 0Bari
35'Lazio0 - 0Sampdoria
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 43
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by bluenine on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Del Piero gives Juve a lead at HT

FTCagliari3 - 1Palermo
45'Brescia0 - 0Parma
HTCatania1 - 0Chievo
HTCesena0 - 0AS Roma
HTGenoa1 - 1Udinese
HTJuventus1 - 0Bari
HTLazio0 - 0Sampdoria
avatar
Island Girl

Number of posts : 150
Age : 36
Supports : Barcelona, Arsenal, Juventus, Valencia and Sevilla
Favourite Player : Eto'o, Nedved, Xavi and Rivaldo
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Island Girl on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:52 pm

It would be nice to see Juve go on a winning streak. Decent free kick by Del Piero to give them the lead at HT vs Bari.
avatar
Tarun

Number of posts : 3087
Age : 38
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Del Piero, Gianluigi Buffon
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Tarun on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Good goal by Del Piero! It should lift the team now. Otherwise it has been lackluster performance

Sponsored content

Re: Serie A 2010-2011 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:31 pm