Mercado de verano: La Liga Transfer Thread - Summer 2011

fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Re: Mercado de verano: La Liga Transfer Thread - Summer 2011

Post by fcb on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:12 am

Yeah, explains how Zaragoza are getting new players despite being totally broke and actually still owing money for many transfers.

Apparently they want to do the same with Jonathan dos Santos - pay Barça 1m euros to buy out his rights, and he'll play at Zaragoza. Based on some stories I've read, Barça have refused to do business with them so far. But the real reason could be Pep suddenly deciding he's a backup RB Erm
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Agents. Rolling Eyes

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 pm

In upcoming 48 hours Villarreal is expected to sign Jonathan de Guzman for 6-8m euros. Have some doubts about his ability to play as "interiore", as I read he is more box to box at the moment, but still - should be a good transfer. Price looks reasonable as well.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 pm

That is a bit of an odd signing if true. Where is the source. I hadn't seen anything about it previously.

stinger

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:That is a bit of an odd signing if true. Where is the source. I hadn't seen anything about it previously.
http://www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com/noticias/deportes/de-guzman-es-guinda-del-nuevo-submarino-poscazorla_675865.html - like I stated before, it's probably the best source for news regarding Villarreal.

Back up option is Giovani dos Santos - http://www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com/noticias/deportes/giovani-dos-santos-2-opcion_675864.html

stinger

Post by stinger on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Mallorca is making problems with De Guzman transfer, probably it's their revenge for last summer when Villarreal replaced them in Europe League. De Guzman had an agreement with the club that they will allow him to leave for 8m euro, Villarreal offered it, but Mallorca refused it. Release clause is 16m. Dos Santos would be a great by for "Yellow submarine" (limited amount of night clubs in Villarreal plus he would fit well as "interiore"), but Tottenhan would probably expect him to be a part of Rossi transfer - so I don't see it going through.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Antoine Griezmann: "I have made the decision: I want to play in Atletico".

bounce
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Llorente going to Madrid still?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Llorente going to Madrid still?

Would be a surprise if he did.
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Apparently Atletico are close to signing Arda Turan, for around 10m euros.

Should be an interesting signing, definitely looking forward to watching him more often in La Liga.
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:19 am

Atletico now aggressively pursuing Falcao, and there's still talk of Osvaldo and Diego. Could be an explosive front line if it gels: Falcao-Osvaldo with Diego behind them...though in reality, with this being Atletico, they'll probably implode due to off-the-pitch issues. And no idea where all this would leave Forlan.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 am

fcb wrote:Atletico now aggressively pursuing Falcao, and there's still talk of Osvaldo and Diego. Could be an explosive front line if it gels: Falcao-Osvaldo with Diego behind them...though in reality, with this being Atletico, they'll probably implode due to off-the-pitch issues. And no idea where all this would leave Forlan.

Latest rumour is that he will be moving to Inter.

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:33 pm

AS claims Atletico today announce the signing of Falcao from Porto for a fee around €38m. They also believe Atelti already secured the signing of Osvaldo from Espaniol for €16+4m

38m for falcao jesus, porto must be the the most difficult club in europe to do business with, yet they always seem to get close to what they want for their players
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Messiah wrote:AS claims Atletico today announce the signing of Falcao from Porto for a fee around €38m. They also believe Atelti already secured the signing of Osvaldo from Espaniol for €16+4m

38m for falcao jesus, porto must be the the most difficult club in europe to do business with, yet they always seem to get close to what they want for their players

Yeah fair play to them. Benfica as well. The portuguese know how to do business. Ale
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Selling Aguero and bringing Falcao in for almost as much is a waste. He looks an excellent striker, but Atleti would be better served bringing in some young prospects and building a team for the future. Arda Turan is a good signing at that fee, and Greizmann would be good too. But by blowing it all on Falcao they have very little left of that money. They could still do with a CM who can actually pass the ball. I like the look of Koke but he's only 18.

Dare I say, they actually look sorted in defence; at least on paper anyway. Joel, Courtois (why have they even taken him on loan??) Asejno and Godin, Mirana, Pulido, Perea, Filipe, Silvio, Dominguez, Lopez is a good set of defender.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Calidad wrote:Selling Aguero and bringing Falcao in for almost as much is a waste. He looks an excellent striker, but Atleti would be better served bringing in some young prospects and building a team for the future. Arda Turan is a good signing at that fee, and Greizmann would be good too. But by blowing it all on Falcao they have very little left of that money. They could still do with a CM who can actually pass the ball. I like the look of Koke but he's only 18.

I agree completely. They have Forlan who looked set to continue with Manzano. They brought in Adrian Lopez. I think they probably did need another striker because Diego Costa is sh!t but it could have been Osvaldo for half of the fee being reported for Falcao. Or why not someone like Dani Guiza. He's not young but he's desperate to come back to Spain. Could probably have him for 5m euro.

Dare I say, they actually look sorted in defence; at least on paper anyway. Joel, Courtois (why have they even taken him on loan??) Asejno and Godin, Mirana, Pulido, Perea, Filipe, Silvio, Dominguez, Lopez is a good set of defender.[/quote]

Everyone at Atletico is really high on Joel. A lot of their fans think he is as good if not better than De Gea.

debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:
Messiah wrote:AS claims Atletico today announce the signing of Falcao from Porto for a fee around €38m. They also believe Atelti already secured the signing of Osvaldo from Espaniol for €16+4m

Yeah fair play to them. Benfica as well. The portuguese know how to do business. Ale

To super-agents and murky third-party ownership deals Ale

Need only look at the example of Coentrao. Part-owned by investment fund represented by Peter Kenyon and Jorge Mendes - Jorge Mendes being Jose Mourinho's agent. These two negotiate the transfer with Real Madrid. Profit they make on Coentrao goes into purchasing part-ownership of a load more up-and-coming Portuguese players, some of whom will no doubt later be bought by Mourinho at massive profit. It's a nice little circle of mutual benefit going back years.

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Calidad wrote:Selling Aguero and bringing Falcao in for almost as much is a waste. He looks an excellent striker, but Atleti would be better served bringing in some young prospects and building a team for the future. Arda Turan is a good signing at that fee, and Greizmann would be good too. But by blowing it all on Falcao they have very little left of that money. They could still do with a CM who can actually pass the ball. I like the look of Koke but he's only 18.

Dare I say, they actually look sorted in defence; at least on paper anyway. Joel, Courtois (why have they even taken him on loan??) Asejno and Godin, Mirana, Pulido, Perea, Filipe, Silvio, Dominguez, Lopez is a good set of defender.

yeah i think pending so much money on any player is a waste for a team like atletico, and its especially so when they could have gotten a good striker for around 20m and spending some money on their midfield which is in much worst state.

rumors has it that they will sell forlan to inter and buy Osvaldo and they are busying trying to get diego as well
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:19 am

Raul Garcia (back) to Osasuna on loan for a year.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Osvaldo to Atletico for 17m. If I were them I would quit there and have the forwards be Forlan, Osvaldo, and Adrian Lopez and spend the rest of the Kun money bolstering the midfield.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:27 pm

if Falcao comes, forlan will surely be sold
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Seems like Falcao is off to Atleti, as well as someone called Ruben.

Premium striker (as probably as good as any in the 'market') but it's a hell of a lot of money for a club like Atleti to spend. They may have been better buying a CM. I can't see them buying Osvaldo too.

Diego has now failed at three clubs (Porto, Juve, Wolfsburg) so I have big reservations over him. Then again, if they really can get him for 5M then that is a steal, though I'm surprised they didn't go for someone like Lamela.

-------------Joel
Silvio---Godin--Domin---Filipe
---------Suarez--Elias
Reyes-------Diego---------Turan
------------Falcao

Courtois, Miranda, Lopez, Koke, Tiago, Ruben, Adrian

Think Forlan, Asucancao, Merida are all off. Not sure about Salvio and Elias
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 am

Falcao deal is done - 40m euros plus 7m in variables, plus they paid another 5m for that Micael bloke.

The ridiculously high transfer fee and the transfer of this unknown player baffled me, until I read that Mendes was involved in the deal. I wonder how much of that 47m is his cut. No wonder transfer fees to Portuguese clubs are always so inflated, if this guy has his fingers in every pie.

40+7m for Falcao, fuck me. Ok, he's a great player (and a Football Manager legend), but it's not like Atletico have signed Maradona.

(and yes, I know, Barça spent 65m euros on Ibrahimovic)
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 am

fcb wrote:Falcao deal is done - 40m euros plus 7m in variables, plus they paid another 5m for that Micael bloke.

The ridiculously high transfer fee and the transfer of this unknown player baffled me, until I read that Mendes was involved in the deal. I wonder how much of that 47m is his cut. No wonder transfer fees to Portuguese clubs are always so inflated, if this guy has his fingers in every pie.

40+7m for Falcao, fuck me. Ok, he's a great player (and a Football Manager legend), but it's not like Atletico have signed Maradona.

(and yes, I know, Barça spent 65m euros on Ibrahimovic)

Part of it is just the inflated market. If Andy Carroll is gonna go for 30m euro or whatever it was then Falcao is easily worth 40 by comparison.
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 am

Alexis Sanchez cost 26m, rising to 37m. Cesc Fabregas cost 35m.

On the other hand, another transfer with Mendes involved, cost 30m (Coentrao).

I refuse to accept that this Falcao transfer is just clean market economics at play. It's similar to the Pepe transfer...there were a lot of stories a few years ago about how much of the 30m euros that you paid actually went to Porto.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:47 am

Sure but in reality Falcao is probably a 15m euro striker. Not all of the other 25m is down to Mendes (although some of it surely is).
fcb

Post by fcb on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am

I'd say Falcao is 20m, 10m is artificial inflation thanks to Mendes'involvement and Porto's ability to sell well, and the remaining 10m is dodgy money.

To add more fuel to the fire, that Micael guy is going to play in Zaragoza on loan. Yes, the same Zaragoza who have no money, but close ties with Mendes/Kenyon's player fund or whatever it's called. Hmmmm....
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 am

Nonsense. Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world. And would easily cost 30m.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:10 pm

But is Atletico an upgrade to Porto? I highly doubt that. No CL football, and even if Atleti had qualified for the CL, the chances of making it to the further stages of the competition would be a lot higher with Porto.

Only the higher wages (if they're actually paid that is...) and better league with more media exposure speak for this. Strictly in sporting terms, it's a step back.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 pm

fcb wrote:I'd say Falcao is 20m, 10m is artificial inflation thanks to Mendes'involvement and Porto's ability to sell well, and the remaining 10m is dodgy money.

To add more fuel to the fire, that Micael guy is going to play in Zaragoza on loan. Yes, the same Zaragoza who have no money, but close ties with Mendes/Kenyon's player fund or whatever it's called. Hmmmm....

ok everything Mendes/Kenyon are involved with automatically looks incredibly dodgy. UEFA should really crack down & stop third party ownership in Spain/Portugal - make it a condition of playing in European competitions. It's just asking for trouble with match-fixing - goalkeepers owned by mysterious investment funds ffs Doh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 am