bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Mercado de verano: La Liga Transfer Thread - Summer 2011

Post by bluenine on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:
bluenine wrote:Guys, any news on Gago to Roma, is that confirmed?

Still a few 'details' to work out....
Looks like it is confirmed.

Roma have strengthened considerably over the summer, with the help of new american investors... some big buys: Osvaldo, Pjanic, Kjaer, Stekelenburg, Lamela, Bojan, Gago....

Edit: Ooops, wrong thread...
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:23 pm

Looks like De Guzman to Villarreal is going to happen.

Espanyol have signed Pandiani on a free transfer to replace Osvaldo (they were close to El Hamdoui from Ajax at one point), and also Romaric from Sevilla.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Is Diego to Atletico official?
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:48 pm

Yes. Wolfsburg have confirmed the loan deal on their homepage.

http://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/50496+M57f1a80da35.html
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Another strange one: Villarreal have bought Uche from Zaragoza and then loaned him off to Granada.

stinger

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:21 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:Another strange one: Villarreal have bought Uche from Zaragoza and then loaned him off to Getafe.
Probably as a substitution for next summer's sale of Nilmar or Rossi. He is also back from a long term injury, so it's quite wise move IMO. Wondering about price though.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:21 pm

stinger wrote:
Jaimito el Crack wrote:Another strange one: Villarreal have bought Uche from Zaragoza and then loaned him off to Getafe.
Probably as a substitution for next summer's sale of Nilmar or Rossi. He is also back from a long term injury, so it's quite wise move IMO. Wondering about price though.

2-3m is the report.

Also, De Guzman to Villarreal is official. 8m euro.

stinger

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Jaimito el Crack wrote:
stinger wrote:

2-3m is the report.

Also, De Guzman to Villarreal is official. 8m euro.
Two decent deals. And they still can put around 10m to the bank from sale of Cazorla.
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Espanyol let captain Luis Garcia leave. He goes to Zaragoza. They also sign Helder Postiga...if I had to guess, I'd say he's a Mendes client...

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 am

I can't believe we didn't sign anyone of transfer deadline day, we missed out on all the excitement. I am gutted
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:07 am

Messiah wrote:I can't believe we didn't sign anyone of transfer deadline day, we missed out on all the excitement. I am gutted

But you sold Dalmau! Cantera... Ale
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Sevilla:

-----------Varas
Coke--Caceres--Escude--Navarro
------------Medel
Navas---Troch--Rakitc---Perotti
-----------Negredo

Palop, Alexis, Spahic, Fazio, Moral, Guarente, Kanoute

Overall:

Decent squad, decent side. No more, no less really. They'll be heavily reliant on Negredo for goals, and Navas and Perotti will have to step it up. Think Spahic will prove to be a fairly pointless signing, and they could have done better than Troch as well. Still, they'll be competitive but it's unfortunate that they're already out of Europe.

Atletico:

------------Joel
Sivlio---Godin--Domin---Filipe
----------Gabi--Suarez
Reyes--------Diego------Arda
------------Falcao

Courtois, Miranda, Lopez, Perea, Tiago, Salvio, Adrian

Overall:

Good side, good squad. Have a lot of depth in defence, and should have probably loaned out a talented Pulido. Not entirely sure who their first choice CB's are and I'm not sure their manager does either. On paper Godin and Mirana/Dominguez should be, but mistake-prone Perea quite possibly seems the managers choice. Courtois could well be first choice, but seems a fairly pointless signing given that Joel and Asenjo are already at the club. Even if he comes good, he'll only end up at Chelsea anyway??

Obviously lost a huge crack in Aguero, but Falcao should produce. Forlan and De Gea aren't huge losses IMO. Diego and Turan should prove quality additions, and Gabi whilst far from spectacular is an upgrade over Tiago and Assuncao. A very nice looking squad though, and hopefully Manzano can pull it together.

Barca:

-----------Valdes
Alves---Pique--Puyol---Abidal
----------Busquets
------Xavi-------Iniesta
Alexis-----Messi-----Villa

Pinto, Adriano, Fontas, Masch, Cesc, Thiago, Pedro (Affelay, Keita)

Overall:

Quite possibly (probably) the best side around and in a long time. 2 quality addtions, so it's looking pretty rosy. A little thin in the defensive department but I'm sure they'll cope plenty. It will be interesting to see how Guardiola deals with a bigger squad, and there are question marks as to how much playing time the likes of Thiago, Cesc, Keita will get when everyone is fit, and if Guardiola can keep everyone happy.

Villarreal:

------------Lopez
Angel---Zapata--Gonzalo---Catala
----Bruno----Borja----Cani
-----------Guzman
------Nilmar------Rossi

Sanchez, Mussachio, Marchena, Oriol, Senna, Camunas, Ruben

Overall:

As usual a nice, tidy ball-playing squad. However, it is small and lacking in depth. The midfield with one or two injuries will suffer, and the full back positions lack quality. They'll remain competitve however, and they're a side that should command a lot of respect for a number of a reasons. De Guzman should be a good replacement for Cazorla, and Zapata has potential too. Fear for them a little in their CL group and I hope they can make it through. Nilmar and Rossi will cause problems for any side; that's for certain.

Valencia:

-------------Alves
Barrgan---Rami--Ruiz---Mathieu
---------Topal---Banega
Pablo-------Canales------Piatti
------------Soldado

Guaita, Costa, Alba, T Costa, Parejo, Jonas, Aduriz

Overall:

Once again Valencia go into a new season losing another one of their stars, but that said, I think they have bought as well as any top club in Europe. Piatti, Ruiz, Parejo, Rami and Alves should all prove quality additions. Barragan I'm less sure about. Despite being a 'success' I still have questions over Emery's management, and I hope he can keep his best side out on the pitch, picking on merit rather than who he hasn't fallen out with. Failed to get rid of some dead wood (imo) in Bruno, Albelda, Aduriz, and Dealbert, but Valencia continue to build a very-good looking side despite their financial difficulties. I think they will make it through a tough looking CL group. Hopefully Paco can get some mintues this season, and if Banega can sort out his off-field problems, I think they possess one of the best young midfielders in the game who would grace any squad.

Madrid:

-----------Casillas
Ramos----Pepe--Carvalho----Marcelo
-------Alonso------Coentrao
Di Maria------Ozil--------Ronaldo
------------Benzema

Adnan, Albiol, Khedira, Sahin, Callejon, Kaka, Higuain

Overall:

Forgetting Barca for a mintue, as good a side as any in Europe, and arguably the strongest squad ever-assembled (I don't think that is hyperbole). It's a side that I feel would be even better if Kaka and Sahin can sort their form and fitness out respectively, though that is obviously up for debate. I feel Di Maria and Coentrao would be the obvious choices for omission. The Benzema-Higuain duel is still far from over, and it would be nice if both can play together on occasion. I'm not sure if at the end of it all, Madrid will have what their fans/hierarchy consider to be a 'successful' season due to a certain not-to-be-mentioned-side, but I have no doubt they will once again compete at the very highest level in all competitions.

Malaga:

-------------Willy
Sanchez---Gamez--Mathijsen---Monreal
-------Toulalan--Maresca
Joaquin------Baptista------Carzorla
-------------Rondon

Martinez, Demichelis, Eliseu, Wellington, Apono, Buonanotte, RVN

Overall: Bought well, but could have bought better. Questions over them defensively. GK could prove to be a weakspot (why didn't they purchase Asenjo??), and despite his 'pedrigree' Demichelis for me, is past it. Still it's the best side they have had in the history of the club, and they're seemingly a club going places, and they have a fantastic manager. Although I haven't mentioned him in the squad, their best purchse could prove to be Isco - a very talented attacking midfielder who in probability will force his way into the side before too soon. RVN will get them goals, but shouldn't be a starter, and they lack an obvious CM partner for Toulalan. I don't think they'll qualify for the CL, but will probably do so in subsequent seasons if their Shiekh doesn't lose interest.

CL predictions

Barca, Madrid, Valencia, Atleti

Last edited by Calidad on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Calidad

Post by Calidad on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Hope everyone didn't find that too boring. I know it's not particularly insightful, but it's just what I think about the CL spot contenders for the upcoming season, and what I think/expect their lineups to look like (I know not entirely accurate)

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Valencia and Atletico will good as far as their managers imagination
Calidad

Post by Calidad on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:35 pm

And I can't believe a player of Guardado's quality will be playing in Segunda this season (or at least until January)

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Yeah i thought for sure one of the teams fight for 2-6 would have bought him
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Calidad Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Pretty good overview Calidad. Ale

The XIs are pretty close although I think Malaga will see Demichelis playing and Gamez at right back for the most part. It will be interesting to see how Villarreal's backline shapes up as well. Will Zapata continue as right back? And neither Catala nor Joan Oriol (the latter started against Barcelona) have a firm grip on left back. I think overall they are gonna struggle and then end up selling Rossi or Nilmar (or both) next summer. I think Atletico has as good a squad as they have had for sometime. They have as good a chance as anyone to finish third. Valencia have a decent XI but still a lot of question marks for me. Ruiz will be a big help. Barragan? He's probably better than Miguel but still not great. Mathieu does not convince me. Even Jordi Alba is preferred so far at left back. A lot depends on the midfield. Can Topal stay fit? Will WPOTY Banega be awesome?

stinger

Post by stinger on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:52 am

Jaimito el Crack wrote:Pretty good overview Calidad. Ale

It will be interesting to see how Villarreal's backline shapes up as well. Will Zapata continue as right back? And neither Catala nor Joan Oriol (the latter started against Barcelona) have a firm grip on left back. I think overall they are gonna struggle and then end up selling Rossi or Nilmar (or both) next summer. I think Atletico has as good a squad as they have had for sometime. They have as good a chance as anyone to finish third.

Zapata was playing RB against Odense in 2nd game, because Villarreal was playing 3-4-3 in that game. He should be a starting CB and probably it will be Musacchio who will be his partner and not Gonzalo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:31 pm