Best team in the world - left back

Poll

Who is the current best left back in the world?

[ 14 ]
15% [15%] 
[ 18 ]
20% [20%] 
[ 13 ]
14% [14%] 
[ 7 ]
8% [8%] 
[ 3 ]
3% [3%] 
[ 1 ]
1% [1%] 
[ 1 ]
1% [1%] 
[ 11 ]
12% [12%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 5 ]
5% [5%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 1 ]
1% [1%] 
[ 1 ]
1% [1%] 
[ 1 ]
1% [1%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 3 ]
3% [3%] 

Total Votes: 91
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Best team in the world - left back

Post by S4P on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:36 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:
S4P wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote:I don't buy that Cole is a genuine c**t (see Terry or Gerrard for that), just a very dim man.

Brilliant left-back though, went for him with Evra and Coentrão. Not very originally it seems...

He seemed to be regarded as a c**t first of all by Arsenal who felt that he did not show any loyalty towards the club. But as we've seen time and again, footballers appear to have this idea that they don't owe anything to the club/fans. It always amazes me how Henry and Vieira left Arsenal still (largely) held in high regard by the fans, when both of them left for the same reason that Cole did - money. The only difference I guess is that they were more discrete about it, but my interpretation of the chants of 'Cashley' is that the Arsenal fans were angry about him leaving for more money.

I've always felt this was because Cole was brought through the ranks. Its all the worse when the players has been their since he was a kid, had the club invest time and money in him, show him the game, teach him how to play, make him better and better until he decides he's worth more money and decides to shit on the club who made him.

Although Henry was made a star at Arsenal, he wasnt brought through their youth. Also didnt Cole say something like he was "disgusted" at being offered in a week what most would struggly to get in a year? The bloke brought everything on himself.

I thought Vieira was sold because Wenger didnt want him anymore..dont really remember well though.

That was my point about him not being discrete/smart. But let's not forget the Henry drama in 2006 and the Vieira to Real Madrid saga the year before he joined Juventus.

Many teams have players who come through their youth and leave for more money. I'm sure Middlesbrough fans don't despise Adam Johnson to anything like the extent we're talking about here. Like I said, as much of a c**t as he almost certainly is, he's not the first Premiership to feel that he doesn't need to show loyalty to his club, which is why I fail to see some of the hatred that circulates him (although a lot of that is probably related to Cheryl - who appears to be quite the bully herself).

There are more reasons for England fans to hate Wayne Rooney (who used his own tactics to earn in a week what the average person would earn in 10 years), I would argue, than to hate Ashley Cole.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Adam Jonson left because we'd been relegated and desperately needed to sell..we probably could've got another year out of him if we hadnt been relegated. He didnt move for money, he moved to be a better and bigger club.

Its just different..to say you're "disgusted" to be offered about 100k a week..is not the same as just moving away for more money. To be "disgusted" at such an amount of money shows the man to be an absolutely deluded, horrible c**t. I'd move jobs if someone offered me loads of money..but I would never claim to be disgusted by what I was being offered by the current place. Not unless they decided to randomly offer me less..
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:50 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Adam Jonson left because we'd been relegated and desperately needed to sell..we probably could've got another year out of him if we hadnt been relegated. He didnt move for money, he moved to be a better and bigger club.

Its just different..to say you're "disgusted" to be offered about 100k a week..is not the same as just moving away for more money. To be "disgusted" at such an amount of money shows the man to be an absolutely deluded, horrible c**t. I'd move jobs if someone offered me loads of money..but I would never claim to be disgusted by what I was being offered by the current place. Not unless they decided to randomly offer me less..
ok
I agree with S4P that it is silly to mark Cole out as uniquely greedy. I suspect that the hate towards him is because he admitted what he really felt. I'm sure other players have said similar without being stupid enough to put it in their biography. Also I think he is a lightningrod for tons of English fans that detest modern footballers who they feel have not attachment to the fans. He put himself out there and now he is taking the flak.

If what Rooney did was only to get a pay raise then it is as least as bad as what Cole did. A further reason could be that everybody knows that while Cole is a great player he is not somebody who is indispensable for them. He isn't their star man who can change the game. He is a defender so he worth even less in the fans' eyes.
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Cole isn't that much of a c**t IMO - the only reason I hate him is because he didn't beat his wife.

People say he scoffed at Arsneal's pay rise despite it being a fortune to most people - it doesn't matter.

My wage will be a fortune to lots of people in the 3rd world but I wouldn't be happy if someone in my office was getting paid more than me for doing the same job.

Cole is an excellent one on one defender and can provide plenty to the attack without having the ball - just a shame he averages a good cross every 30 caps that's all.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Jaime wrote:
Luis wrote:Do 3 people really think Capdevilla is the best in the world? Not always been impressed when I've seen him.

He's past it now, imo. Even at the World Cup I didn't think he should have necessarily been first choice.
He is very solid for NT and I'm not really sure who should replace him then. Arbeloa?

Still don't know if I should vote for a best players over last few years or best player at the moment, if it's the latter than there's no way Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra are better this season than Baines, last season they were probably equal.

Somebody was complaining about lack of quality left backs - Yikes
Comparing to right backs there's much better choice, plus there is some right backs who can be considered as left backs as well: Lahm, Arbeloa.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Cole isn't that much of a c**t IMO - the only reason I hate him is because he didn't beat his wife.

People say he scoffed at Arsneal's pay rise despite it being a fortune to most people - it doesn't matter.

My wage will be a fortune to lots of people in the 3rd world but I wouldn't be happy if someone in my office was getting paid more than me for doing the same job.

Cole is an excellent one on one defender and can provide plenty to the attack without having the ball - just a shame he averages a good cross every 30 caps that's all.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
FootballFarrago

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post by FootballFarrago on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:32 am

Is Clichy on there as a joke? Or just because you felt sorry for Arsenal since they lost Cole?

http://www.footballfarrago.com/2011/03/defensive-minded-gael-clichys-defensive.html
The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:08 pm

S4P wrote:
Allez les rouges wrote:I don't buy that Cole is a genuine c**t (see Terry or Gerrard for that), just a very dim man.

Brilliant left-back though, went for him with Evra and Coentrão. Not very originally it seems...

He seemed to be regarded as a c**t first of all by Arsenal who felt that he did not show any loyalty towards the club. But as we've seen time and again, footballers appear to have this idea that they don't owe anything to the club/fans. It always amazes me how Henry and Vieira left Arsenal still (largely) held in high regard by the fans, when both of them left for the same reason that Cole did - money. The only difference I guess is that they were more discrete about it, but my interpretation of the chants of 'Cashley' is that the Arsenal fans were angry about him leaving for more money.

It will be interesting to see their reaction if Fabregas leaves for Barcelona in the summer.

Then you had virtually every single woman in the country getting on his back because Cheryl was the nation's sweetheart at the time...................... Violin

Doh

None of those 2 left because the club couldn´t/refuse to pay them what they were asking for, nor is Fabregas considering a move to Barca because of a wage dispute. Henry and vieira gave their best years to the club and being foreign, no fan could begrudge them for wanting to join bigger clubs where they thought they had more chances to win the major club trophy that had eluded them ie the CL. In the end Vieira was sold by the club, and I doubt Wenger was that keen to keep Henry considering the relative ease at which the transfer was conducted. And the most important difference is, none of them was caught in a hotel with a manager of a rival club trying to discuss a transfer whilst still being under contract with us.

A more apt comparison should be Adebayor, and I don´t need to tell u how much he´s hated by Arsenal fans. Mind u, I think Cloe´s crime is far far worse than Ade´s.

@ Allez

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/5889006/Ashley-Cole-I-hope-Manchester-City-do-better-than-Arsenal-in-the-league.html

That is coming from a man who owes his footballing education to us, none of our (foreign) ex players would say that. I also reckon u read some of the shit from his book about our players(Cesc and Senderos for example).
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:35 pm

I'll leave this open til tonight in case anyone wants to seperate Abidal and Evra!
S4P

Post by S4P on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:41 pm

The Professor wrote:

None of those 2 left because the club couldn´t/refuse to pay them what they were asking for, nor is Fabregas considering a move to Barca because of a wage dispute. Henry and vieira gave their best years to the club and being foreign, no fan could begrudge them for wanting to join bigger clubs where they thought they had more chances to win the major club trophy that had eluded them ie the CL.

So if you're English, you're not allowed to leave the club, and if you do then you're a c**t? All of the foreign players who come through your academy do not have to show the same kind of loyalty that an English player has to?

And you don't believe that higher wages was also part of either player's motivation for a move away from Arsenal? After all, Henry is clearly money-motivated. Why else would he be playingin the MLS? Vieira could still be playing regular first team football at the highest level but has chosen to sit on the bench for most of the season at Manchester City and pick up a nice pay check every week.

I would argue that Cole also gave many good seasons* to Arsenal and left because he thought he had more chances of winning the major club trophy. Like Vieira, he too has failed to win it so far.

* They do not have to be your "best years" i.e. prime years (late 20s to early 30s) because if Fabregas leaves in the next 2 years then you could argue that he has not given his best years to the club.

The Professor wrote:In the end Vieira was sold by the club, and I doubt Wenger was that keen to keep Henry considering the relative ease at which the transfer was conducted. And the most important difference is, none of them was caught in a hotel with a manager of a rival club trying to discuss a transfer whilst still being under contract with us.

Wenger was certainly keen to keep Henry the season before when it appeared that he would be leaving Arsenal. Wenger also seemed pretty keen to keep Vieira when the rumours of him going to Real Madrid started to become more intense.

As for discussing transfers, you're right - neither of them appear to have been so devious, but neither of them exactly showed Arsenal much loyalty. The first offers from bigger clubs offering higher wages and they were gone.

The Professor wrote:A more apt comparison should be Adebayor, and I don´t need to tell u how much he´s hated by Arsenal fans. Mind u, I think Cloe´s crime is far far worse than Ade´s.
When Cole runs the length of the field to celebrate in front of your fans then yes, his 'crime' will have been worse. Though his crime is no worse than somebody like Walcott, for example.

The Professor wrote:@ Allez

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/5889006/Ashley-Cole-I-hope-Manchester-City-do-better-than-Arsenal-in-the-league.html

That is coming from a man who owes his footballing education to us, none of our (foreign) ex players would say that. I also reckon u read some of the shit from his book about our players(Cesc and Senderos for example).

He owes you nothing after the way your fans have behaved towards him in the last 5 years. Granted he has not been very smart in saying this publicly (if you believe what you read in the press of course, which is what you appear to do), but when has anybody ever said that Cole is a smart person?
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I don't like him one bit, I just think we need to get over it. It's boring now and the abuse he gets is out of all proportion and serves no purpose any more (and would arguably make anyone turn against their erstwhile "paramour"); I couldn't bring myself to give a toss any more Prof ("Chloë" is a good one though Smile ) and for me the Ade thing at City was much worse than anything he's ever said and done as far as I'm concerned. I just don't take him very seriously as a human being (I read a bit of his shitty book in a shop once, hadn't really planned to make the effort any further...) and don't bracket him in the same violent thug category as Terry or Gerrard. And an outstanding defensive full-back who fits in very well to a good footballing side's attacking make-up too without ever being the great attacking full-back he was always mysteriously hyped as.

And this matrimonial stuff comes over as a bit moralistic if you arks me, on a personal level you can find it distasteful/disgusting but I don't think outsiders should really be wading in. I don't know much about the Lampard break-up, and far be it from me to defend Chelsea players, but I don't mind him these days – i rather liked the way he went on that phone-n to defend himself against character assassinations for one thing.

Yes Gaël is a bit poo, even most of us aren't going to bother defending him.

P.S. I wrote this before looking at what S4P had to say, I'm not trying to agree with him Razz
The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:11 am

S4P wrote:
The Professor wrote:

None of those 2 left because the club couldn´t/refuse to pay them what they were asking for, nor is Fabregas considering a move to Barca because of a wage dispute. Henry and vieira gave their best years to the club and being foreign, no fan could begrudge them for wanting to join bigger clubs where they thought they had more chances to win the major club trophy that had eluded them ie the CL.

So if you're English, you're not allowed to leave the club, and if you do then you're a c**t? All of the foreign players who come through your academy do not have to show the same kind of loyalty that an English player has to?

And you don't believe that higher wages was also part of either player's motivation for a move away from Arsenal? After all, Henry is clearly money-motivated. Why else would he be playingin the MLS? Vieira could still be playing regular first team football at the highest level but has chosen to sit on the bench for most of the season at Manchester City and pick up a nice pay check every week.

I would argue that Cole also gave many good seasons* to Arsenal and left because he thought he had more chances of winning the major club trophy. Like Vieira, he too has failed to win it so far.

* They do not have to be your "best years" i.e. prime years (late 20s to early 30s) because if Fabregas leaves in the next 2 years then you could argue that he has not given his best years to the club.

The Professor wrote:In the end Vieira was sold by the club, and I doubt Wenger was that keen to keep Henry considering the relative ease at which the transfer was conducted. And the most important difference is, none of them was caught in a hotel with a manager of a rival club trying to discuss a transfer whilst still being under contract with us.

Wenger was certainly keen to keep Henry the season before when it appeared that he would be leaving Arsenal. Wenger also seemed pretty keen to keep Vieira when the rumours of him going to Real Madrid started to become more intense.

As for discussing transfers, you're right - neither of them appear to have been so devious, but neither of them exactly showed Arsenal much loyalty. The first offers from bigger clubs offering higher wages and they were gone.

The Professor wrote:A more apt comparison should be Adebayor, and I don´t need to tell u how much he´s hated by Arsenal fans. Mind u, I think Cloe´s crime is far far worse than Ade´s.
When Cole runs the length of the field to celebrate in front of your fans then yes, his 'crime' will have been worse. Though his crime is no worse than somebody like Walcott, for example.

The Professor wrote:@ Allez

He owes you nothing after the way your fans have behaved towards him in the last 5 years. Granted he has not been very smart in saying this publicly (if you believe what you read in the press of course, which is what you appear to do), but when has anybody ever said that Cole is a smart person?

Firstly, I didn´t think I had to explain this to u, but Cashley being English and a youth product means fans demand more loyalty from him than foreign players who had no ties with the club before signing for the club. I seriously can´t believe u don´t get this.

Secondly, Vieira and Henry didn´t leave because of disagreements with the club over money. Vieira for example was sold. Cashely on the other hand clearly left because of money, he was unhappy the club was only willing to pay him 5000 pounds less than what he was asking for. And btw: your best players leaving for bigger foreign club is far less worse than for a domestic rival. Henry and vieira flirted with Barca and Real respectively, the two giants in world football whilst Cashley switched over to a lesser club(and a domestic rival) who had been bought by a sugar daddy - it´s easy to see who went for the money.

Thirdly and most importantly, I repeat, none of them was caught discussing a possible transfer with the manager of a rival club whilst still being under contract with us. Repeat this sentence 10 times S4P, then maybe you´d get the severity of his actions.

------------------------

Btw Henry never entertained the idea of leaving the club for most of his time with us. I remember those questions from journalists about whether he wouldn´t like to play with the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo etc He´d just say ´yes ofcourse I´d like to play with them but they´d have to come join me at Arsenal´. He only started considering his future with us when he was approaching 30(past his prime) and the team looked like it still needed a lot of rebuilding to do before it can start challenging for the major trophies again. And as we all know he was desperate to win the CL, so it´s logical he did move in the end.

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Ashley Cole wins followed by Patrice Evra.

Keep voting in the centre back thread and tomorrow night I'll count up the votes for that one then we'll be voting for the best wingers/wide men in the world.

So far the team is:

First team:

GK: Casillas
RB: Alves
LB: Ashley Cole

Second Team:

GK: Stekelnburg
RB: Maicon
LB: Patrice Evra
S4P

Post by S4P on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:23 pm

The Professor wrote:Firstly, I didn´t think I had to explain this to u, but Cashley being English and a youth product means fans demand more loyalty from him than foreign players who had no ties with the club before signing for the club. I seriously can´t believe u don´t get this.

Again, what does being English have to do with it? If you've been brought through the youth academy by a club it shouldn't matter whether you come from London or Botswana.

The Professor wrote:Secondly, Vieira and Henry didn´t leave because of disagreements with the club over money. Vieira for example was sold. Cashely on the other hand clearly left because of money, he was unhappy the club was only willing to pay him 5000 pounds less than what he was asking for. And btw: your best players leaving for bigger foreign club is far less worse than for a domestic rival. Henry and vieira flirted with Barca and Real respectively, the two giants in world football whilst Cashley switched over to a lesser club(and a domestic rival) who had been bought by a sugar daddy - it´s easy to see who went for the money.

"Lesser club" yet Cole has picked up more winners medals with us than Vieira and Henry have in the last 5 years (a "lesser club" which has achieved far more in the last 5 years than Juventus - Vieira was pretty quick to jump ship there too).

Again, I will repeat, both Vieira and Henry are clearly money-motivated. If they weren't, Vieira would not be sitting on the bench at Manchester City and Henry would not be playing in the MLS. If they are money motivated now, there's no reason to suspect that they weren't money motivated when they left Arsenal. The fact that neither were stupid enough (like Cole) to admit so doesn't change their behaviour.

The Professor wrote:Thirdly and most importantly, I repeat, none of them was caught discussing a possible transfer with the manager of a rival club whilst still being under contract with us. Repeat this sentence 10 times S4P, then maybe you´d get the severity of his actions.

See above.

The Professor wrote:Btw Henry never entertained the idea of leaving the club for most of his time with us. I remember those questions from journalists about whether he wouldn´t like to play with the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo etc He´d just say ´yes ofcourse I´d like to play with them but they´d have to come join me at Arsenal´.

As I said, the first real signs of a "genuine" offer (from Barcelona in 2006) and he was talking of leaving. First genuine offer made for Henry (by Barcelona in 2007) and he was gone. All the time no club is making an offer for you, it is easy to say that you have no intention of leaving.

The Professor wrote:He only started considering his future with us when he was approaching 30(past his prime) and the team looked like it still needed a lot of rebuilding to do before it can start challenging for the major trophies again. And as we all know he was desperate to win the CL, so it´s logical he did move in the end.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4865922.stm

He was 28 - only 2-3 years older than Cole. He was "deciding his future" the same summer that Cole left. So if he started considering his future at a time the team looked like it needed a lot of rebuilding, why will you not accept this excuse for Cole?

Henry's move also came, incredibly, just 1 year after he signed a new 4 year deal - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6238712.stm
The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:19 pm

S4P wrote:
The Professor wrote:Firstly, I didn´t think I had to explain this to u, but Cashley being English and a youth product means fans demand more loyalty from him than foreign players who had no ties with the club before signing for the club. I seriously can´t believe u don´t get this.

Again, what does being English have to do with it? If you've been brought through the youth academy by a club it shouldn't matter whether you come from London or Botswana.

It seems like u just want to prolong this discussion for the sake of it by focussing on things that are not relevant to the main point i'm making.

Whilst it's true fans demand more loyalty(compared to the average footballer) from youth products regardless of nationality, they still demand more from local lads. An example; a 13 year old boy from Paris joins our academy, walks his way up to the 1st team, plays a few seasons with us winning a lot of trophies, and then decides to move back home to Paris to play for his local club PSG. Ofcourse fans would be pissed off at him more than they'd if he had joined the club at say 23 and then left a few seasons later, but there'll still be a lot of fans who'd understand his decision. Local lads don't have this option, fans expect them to be part of the 1st team for the rest of their career and even captain the team one day.

But anyway, THIS IS IRRELEVANT TO OUR DISCUSSION. Henry and Vieira were not academy players. They were both foreign who had no ties with the club, is it really difficult to work out why fans wouldn't demand the same sort of loyalty from them than they'd would from local lads who went through our academy? is it really that difficult?
S4P wrote:
The Professor wrote:Secondly, Vieira and Henry didn´t leave because of disagreements with the club over money. Vieira for example was sold. Cashely on the other hand clearly left because of money, he was unhappy the club was only willing to pay him 5000 pounds less than what he was asking for. And btw: your best players leaving for bigger foreign club is far less worse than for a domestic rival. Henry and vieira flirted with Barca and Real respectively, the two giants in world football whilst Cashley switched over to a lesser club(and a domestic rival) who had been bought by a sugar daddy - it´s easy to see who went for the money.

"Lesser club" yet Cole has picked up more winners medals with us than Vieira and Henry have in the last 5 years (a "lesser club" which has achieved far more in the last 5 years than Juventus - Vieira was pretty quick to jump ship there too).

Erm u might want to check your info S4P. Henry definitely picked up more trophies in his relatively short time with Barca than Cashley has done with u so far. And Vieira was a league winner in every single season he played in Italy(OK, the 1st juve title was stripped off). Anyway, that is also irrelevant, Juve and Barca are on another level compared to Chelsea - u can't deny that, which is the point i'm making. Before u think I'm having a go at Chelsea, Arsenal are not in the same category either.

S4P wrote:
Again, I will repeat, both Vieira and Henry are clearly money-motivated. If they weren't, Vieira would not be sitting on the bench at Manchester City and Henry would not be playing in the MLS. If they are money motivated now, there's no reason to suspect that they weren't money motivated when they left Arsenal. The fact that neither were stupid enough (like Cole) to admit so doesn't change their behaviour.

Pretty weak argument. Henry is done at at the highest level and he also has a special bond with New York - went there regularly for vacations etc and is a huge basketball fan, is it that odd he might want to finish his career over there after winning almost everything there's to win?
Vieira used to play almost everytime he was fit(which was a bit rare) under Mancini but struggled to get games when Mourinho took over, it was a world cup year and Vieira needed games, so when Manicin came calling there was no way he was gonna say no. Again he's a player done at the highest level and is likely to retire at the end of the season. He could be moving to Qatar or places like that if he's that money motivated.

But again, whatever u and I think of them as individuals is irrelevant, what is relevant is the manner of their departure and whether fans think it's money related or not. Vieira was let go and Wenger was quite content to let Henry go too(a lot of fans thought it was the right time for him to move on). And there was no money dispute involving them during their time at the club at all.

Compare that to Cashley who nearly swerved his car off the road when he heard that we were only willing to pay him £5000 less than he was asking. And then went on to secretly meet a manager of a rival team to engineer a transfer whilst still being contracted to us. To my knowledge the fucker has not even yet apologised to fans or show remorse for his actions, he still beleives he's not to blame for all the mess.

S4P wrote:
The Professor wrote:Thirdly and most importantly, I repeat, none of them was caught discussing a possible transfer with the manager of a rival club whilst still being under contract with us. Repeat this sentence 10 times S4P, then maybe you´d get the severity of his actions.

See above.

Read and repeat that sentence again S4P. The severity of his actions might finally sink in.

S4P wrote:
The Professor wrote:Btw Henry never entertained the idea of leaving the club for most of his time with us. I remember those questions from journalists about whether he wouldn´t like to play with the likes of Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo etc He´d just say ´yes ofcourse I´d like to play with them but they´d have to come join me at Arsenal´.

As I said, the first real signs of a "genuine" offer (from Barcelona in 2006) and he was talking of leaving. First genuine offer made for Henry (by Barcelona in 2007) and he was gone. All the time no club is making an offer for you, it is easy to say that you have no intention of leaving.

Hahah u are really a joker of u truly believe Henry didn't move earlier because of lack of options. Henry in his prime was a an attractive target for pretty much every club in Europe. This is a wind up.

S4P wrote:
The Professor wrote:He only started considering his future with us when he was approaching 30(past his prime) and the team looked like it still needed a lot of rebuilding to do before it can start challenging for the major trophies again. And as we all know he was desperate to win the CL, so it´s logical he did move in the end.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4865922.stm

He was 28 - only 2-3 years older than Cole. He was "deciding his future" the same summer that Cole left. So if he started considering his future at a time the team looked like it needed a lot of rebuilding, why will you not accept this excuse for Cole?

How could u use that as an excuse when u and I fully know£5000 was all the fucker was asking for to stay?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 pm