Best team in the world - Strikers

Poll

Who are the current best strikers in the world?

[ 14 ]
11% [11%] 
[ 5 ]
4% [4%] 
[ 23 ]
18% [18%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 7 ]
5% [5%] 
[ 4 ]
3% [3%] 
[ 6 ]
5% [5%] 
[ 8 ]
6% [6%] 
[ 9 ]
7% [7%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 6 ]
5% [5%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 3 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 25 ]
19% [19%] 
[ 3 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 3 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 5 ]
4% [4%] 
[ 2 ]
2% [2%] 
[ 3 ]
1% [1%] 

Total Votes: 130
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Best team in the world - Strikers

Post by Jaime on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Hmmm...is it too late to make a Maxi Lopez joke?

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Kas- you're a bellend.
Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
Supports : hairbands
Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:14 pm

aguero?
Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Lordanger wrote:aguero?

Oops Embarassed There's probably a few I missed out. All the obvious ones are there though I think.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:54 pm

COTR wrote:
Meireles doesn't really warrant inclusion. Not long ago there were people on this board claiming they would pick Joey Barton ahead of him after all bounce

I'm sure Liverpool fans will find that hilarious. Everyone else will probably be pretty non-plussed though. <Ale>
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Luis wrote:Kas- you're a bellend.

WTF did I do now?
Luis

Post by Luis on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 pm

fcb wrote:

WTF did I do now?

Pissed and moaned over Suarez and Meireles being included in these polls. Get over it. Suarez had a brilliant goals record in Holland anyway and ok Meireles might not be in the best 20 or 30 centre mids in your opinion but as I've said so many times, don't vote for him then. You voted for the four you wanted so why does it matter if someone you werent going to vote for is in the poll ahead of Meireles? Just needless and pedantic as usual.
Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
Supports : Hibernian FC
Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 pm

Tbf though Luis, I've moaned about some of the lists too. But it is a discussion forum, no?
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:04 pm

Luis wrote:
fcb wrote:

WTF did I do now?

Pissed and moaned over Suarez and Meireles being included in these polls. Get over it. Suarez had a brilliant goals record in Holland anyway and ok Meireles might not be in the best 20 or 30 centre mids in your opinion but as I've said so many times, don't vote for him then. You voted for the four you wanted so why does it matter if someone you werent going to vote for is in the poll ahead of Meireles? Just needless and pedantic as usual.

Go fuck yourself. As usual you start whining about nothing, trying to look for some invisible insult that isn't there.

I didn't moan about them being in this poll. As you said, I voted for who I thought was best...I don't give a shit if the other 16 were Liverpool players. And for the record, I've said in the past that I rate Suarez, I don't need a Liverpool fan to try and convince me about it.

Fey was claiming that Suarez is here because of EPL hype, so I simply posted to correct him that it wasn't necessarily because of that, but because there would be a natural skew in these lists, since you had taken them from the Liverpool forum, something you yourself mentioned in the threads that you started.

FFS people can't even post simple things on this board anymore without it being taken as some kind of hidden insult, sarcastic dig, or agenda-pushing.
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 pm

I do like the rampaging version of Luis though

Fills the void left since Saints burnt himself out
Luis

Post by Luis on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:00 am

Calidad wrote:Tbf though Luis, I've moaned about some of the lists too. But it is a discussion forum, no?

It's a discussion, precisely. I'm just getting tired of people saying why is this player on the list and not this player when I've stated so many times you can vote for who ever you want, the list is there as 20 most prominent players only.

Kas, maybe I was unreasonable, I just saw you say because it's from a Liverpool forum, but it's not only you that's taken issue, so whatever. I'm tired and stressed lately, was merely reminding you all that the choices of these polls don't reflect who I think should be in there, if I had more than 20 options I'd include every possible choice but I don't so inevitably some will miss out and some will be in the list that it may not universally accepted should be in there. But it's Meireles, not David Bentley I've put in there.
Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 am

Villa, Tevez and Eto'o are the best but in the EPL i wouldnt swap Tevez for anyone given the impact he has in terms of his overall game, he works incredibly hard and is excellent at closing down and retaining posession,he is great against any type of defender no matter how fast or big and strong they are, all this and his goalscoring record is class.
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:55 am

I like Luis's new rampages too. Not sure where it's come fron. But little does it matter he seems to be usually wrong, its great fun to watch.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 am

drogba is acutally one of the most overrated players on this board and the world (only matched by rooney)

since he joined chelea he had only 2 good seasons, and in the cl despite chelseas very good runs to semifinals and finals he never scored more than 5 or 6 goals (most of them in the group stages, he only scored 7 or 8 goals in group stages since 04/05, i think only ibrahimovic is more worse)

gomze is better than drogba was in the same age, and his 8 years younger, so lets face it,

eto, villa are another league to all

but behind is gomze with all other strikers

Kroos

Post by Kroos on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 am

Noah and the Bale wrote:
Kroos wrote:
Noah and the Bale wrote:Rooney and Drogba's form this season wouldn't get themm into Accrington Stanley's team. But on form of the last 5 years, both would be in top 5.

Top 4:
Villa, Tevez, Eto'o, Carsten Jancker

rooney in the last 5 years (excluding this year), what has he done!! nothing 3 great months in his whole carreer

05/06 16 goals 3 assits in league, thats all, in germany we call this normal, in england worlds best

06/07 14 goals 12 assists not bad, but does it deserve the hype no!!, cl 4 goals

07/08 12 goals 13 assists, cl 4 / 1; not bad but far away from a top 5 player in the world

08/09 12 / 7 its getting worse; cl 4/3; again a normal striker in my eyes, no one would call this in germany WORLD BEATER

2010 26 / 2 cl 5/1 not bad, all scored in 3 months; but i prefer a more consistent player over a whole season;

those stats say to me; hes a good player, nothing more, far away from a top 5 player in his positon

Fuckin' hell - you and your stats. Could you be anymore of a stereotypical German?! Laughing

You slate Rooney, but what the hell has Gomez done in the last 4 years to warrant inclusion? He's having a great scoring season finally after years of hype - yes GERMAN hype: you look down your nose, declaring Germans don't hype up their players like the English, but that is exactly what has been the case with Gomez for sometime now.

By the way, Rooney has only been outscored in the EPL by Drogba in the last 5 years.

what hype you talking!! this little words from me and some other germans on here, in world football gomez was many years not rated at all, only because of his euro08, most havent watched him regular, only bashed him baised on the missed sitter against austria

thats the difference compared too rooney, rooney did not deserve half of the hype he gets, and gomze would deserve 3/4 more hype and even then he wouldn`t have catched rooney Wink
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:46 am

Kroos wrote:
Noah and the Bale wrote:
Kroos wrote:
Noah and the Bale wrote:Rooney and Drogba's form this season wouldn't get themm into Accrington Stanley's team. But on form of the last 5 years, both would be in top 5.

Top 4:

rooney in the last 5 years (excluding this year), what has he done!! nothing 3 great months in his whole carreer

05/06 16 goals 3 assits in league, thats all, in germany we call this normal, in england worlds best

06/07 14 goals 12 assists not bad, but does it deserve the hype no!!, cl 4 goals

07/08 12 goals 13 assists, cl 4 / 1; not bad but far away from a top 5 player in the world

08/09 12 / 7 its getting worse; cl 4/3; again a normal striker in my eyes, no one would call this in germany WORLD BEATER

2010 26 / 2 cl 5/1 not bad, all scored in 3 months; but i prefer a more consistent player over a whole season;

those stats say to me; hes a good player, nothing more, far away from a top 5 player in his positon

Fuckin' hell - you and your stats. Could you be anymore of a stereotypical German?! Laughing

You slate Rooney, but what the hell has Gomez done in the last 4 years to warrant inclusion? He's having a great scoring season finally after years of hype - yes GERMAN hype: you look down your nose, declaring Germans don't hype up their players like the English, but that is exactly what has been the case with Gomez for sometime now.

By the way, Rooney has only been outscored in the EPL by Drogba in the last 5 years.

what hype you talking!! this little words from me and some other germans on here, in world football gomez was many years not rated at all, only because of his euro08, most havent watched him regular, only bashed him baised on the missed sitter against austria

thats the difference compared too rooney, rooney did not deserve half of the hype he gets, and gomze would deserve 3/4 more hype and even then he wouldn`t have catched rooney Wink

Rooney's hype was based off the back of his performances in Euro 2004 when he was frankly brilliant and only 18. Deserved or not since, it was some start to his career, followed by a hat trick on his Champions League debut. That he hasn't lived up to that level of hype is undeniable, but it's NOT surprising he became thrust into the spotlight with performances at that age. Gomez was heralded as a potential star of Euro 2008. So far, unlike Rooney, has he done anything on a global scale to warrant hype? This season in the CL yes, but as he hasn't been impressive for Germany or outside the Bundesliga up until this season, do you not see why his hype has been equall, if not more, unjustified?

Your arguments about Rooney always amuse me: best example being that you've said in the past that Ozil suffers playing with Ronaldo in this current Madrid team as he never gets the ball. But then when Ronaldo was at Man United, you ignored similar arguments that Rooney was having to play the unselfish second fiddle to Ronaldo for many years Wink

This season Rooney has been complete shite. No arguments there. And at the World Cup. But, he is still capable of doing amazing things when he feels in the mood, like the overhead winner against Man City, or the goal out of nothing against Chelsea recently. Or his performance to knock Arsenal out of the FA Cup. So, very often in the big matches. Which is why I would still put him the top 5 based on last few years' form. Just behind Carsten Jancker Ale

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 am

Kroos wrote:drogba is acutally one of the most overrated players on this board and the world (only matched by rooney)

since he joined chelea he had only 2 good seasons, and in the cl despite chelseas very good runs to semifinals and finals he never scored more than 5 or 6 goals (most of them in the group stages, he only scored 7 or 8 goals in group stages since 04/05, i think only ibrahimovic is more worse)

gomze is better than drogba was in the same age, and his 8 years younger, so lets face it,

eto, villa are another league to all

but behind is gomze with all other strikers

Gosh, you really know nothing about football, do you? Gomez better than Drogba... Ha ha ha. Drogba is getting old and he only has a few years left and there are no reasons to slam him just because he is scoring less than before. Gomez at his best will never do what Drogba did... stop dreaming and stop hypping as usual. You are 24 but seem like 14. Grow up one day, still going through puberty and teenager rebelion?
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:00 pm

dude calm down, you take this board far too serious Very Happy

i dont know what you see in drogba, he is very unconsistent, gomez or drogba, i know which one is better right now, and the age is clearly on gomez side
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Noah and the Bale wrote:
Kroos wrote:
Noah and the Bale wrote:
Kroos wrote:

Top 4:

thats not an big achievemnt for rooney, both scoring records medicore (drogba only had 2 season where he was outstanding) to topclass scorers of other leagues (eto, villa for example), that shows only that outside chelsea, manu no other team has decent strikers or only injury prone strikers

Rooney's hype was based off the back of his performances in Euro 2004 when he was frankly brilliant and only 18. Deserved or not since, it was some start to his career, followed by a hat trick on his Champions League debut. That he hasn't lived up to that level of hype is undeniable, but it's NOT surprising he became thrust into the spotlight with performances at that age. Gomez was heralded as a potential star of Euro 2008. So far, unlike Rooney, has he done anything on a global scale to warrant hype? This season in the CL yes, but as he hasn't been impressive for Germany or outside the Bundesliga up until this season, do you not see why his hype has been equall, if not more, unjustified?

gomez gets no hype, thats the problem, i make the hype, because he deserves more attention

Your arguments about Rooney always amuse me: best example being that you've said in the past that Ozil suffers playing with Ronaldo in this current Madrid team as he never gets the ball. But then when Ronaldo was at Man United, you ignored similar arguments that Rooney was having to play the unselfish second fiddle to Ronaldo for many years Wink

yeah that was at the begin of this season (in a new culture, new country, new language), but things have changed, özil is now the key player in midfield, he runs the show, that shows his class, rooney never did this, he was only ronaldos donkey

This season Rooney has been complete shite. No arguments there. And at the World Cup. But, he is still capable of doing amazing things when he feels in the mood, like the overhead winner against Man City, or the goal out of nothing against Chelsea recently. Or his performance to knock Arsenal out of the FA Cup. So, very often in the big matches. Which is why I would still put him the top 5 based on last few years' form. Just behind Carsten Jancker Ale

really big matches for me, and i guess for you too are the cl and internationl tournaments, here he was never like a top5 player in his position, you only mentioned some FA cup games, and league games, and hes just a dumb person, after his great hattrick hes now benched for 2 games, thats more stupid mistakes than some senior players have done in there whole career
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Rooney is phenomenally stupid - I'll give you that.

Will you be watching Ozil and Madrid tonight Kroos?

By the way - you often criticise the English media for not giving German players enough credit:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/859984-real-madrid-v-spurs-champions-league-quarter-final-key-battles

HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!! Laughing Wink
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:24 pm

i will watch schalke, but after that i will watch a long summary of the REAL game

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:32 am

I don't take this board too seriously, it's what you often say is non sense. Drogba on his own helped Marseille reach the final of the U.E.F.A cup beating liverpool and other big teams. If you followed the E.P.L you would know that Drogba has often scored in crucial goals. You can have you own favorite players and that's fine because everyone has his favorite ones, but stop thinking all the players in the Bundesliga are the best of the best all the time.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:14 am

Crouch ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:40 am