lol! Cassano
Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Supports : Arsenal FC
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: The Milan Derby

Post by Cesc Soler on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Cassano Red Card

Two daft yellows in the space of a minute.
Red n' Black

Number of posts : 1499
Supports : AC Milan
Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by Red n' Black on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 pm

I had no doubt in my mind wahtsoever that Allegri would tactically outclass Leomerda and his noobish 4-2-fantasia bullshit.

I wrote it the day Inter hired him, I have no idea why they did it, other than to get one back at Milan for Ibrahimovic. Leomerda team's leak goals, and while he will undoubtedly get a lot of points by steamrolling minnows, any good team with a proper coach will get the better of him more often than not. Hopefully he stays at Inter for a long long time! Laughing
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Red n' Black wrote:I had no doubt in my mind wahtsoever that Allegri would tactically outclass Leomerda and his noobish 4-2-fantasia bullshit.

I wrote it the day Inter hired him, I have no idea why they did it, other than to get one back at Milan for Ibrahimovic. Leomerda team's leak goals, and while he will undoubtedly get a lot of points by steamrolling minnows, any good team with a proper coach will get the better of him more often than not. Hopefully he stays at Inter for a long long time! Laughing
ok
He is becoming a Wenger, although likeable.

Congrats to Milan with the well deserved victory. I didn't even remember that Ibrahimovic wasn't playing. I can't Milan losing the title now.
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Sorry bluenine--this derby belongs to me Very Happy.
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Super Laudrup wrote:
Red n' Black wrote:I had no doubt in my mind wahtsoever that Allegri would tactically outclass Leomerda and his noobish 4-2-fantasia bullshit.

ok
He is becoming a Wenger, although likeable.

Congrats to Milan with the well deserved victory. I didn't even remember that Ibrahimovic wasn't playing. I can't Milan losing the title now.

Thanks, we still have time to blow it though Smile

Fiorentina away, Roma away, Udinese away; all are dangerous fixtures in which we may drop points.

Inter have Napoli at the San Paolo(which will be a war), but other than that I don't see any other really difficult fixtures for them (they should beat Fiorentina at home and Lazio who'll probably roll over).

The good thing is that we are recovering players; Ibra should be back well-rested after the ban and Pirlo is close to a recovery too. Zambro back also means no more Antonini at left back, which I'm grateful for.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:46 pm

I still can't believe he tried that against Milan... Leo can be so fucking naive sometimes, after 15 years of playing/coaching in Milan, surely he knew derbies are always decided in the midfield!!! Playing 4 attacking players was suicide, I don't think Allegri tactically outsmarted Leo, he didn't even have to!! If only Stankovic had started in place of Pandev, in a 4-3-1-2, it could ve been a very different game...

Leo, when the fuck will you learn??

That said, I am still happy with what the team has achieved this season since Rafa... with a few games to go, we are still alive in all 3 competitions... thats all you can ask, specially after that crappy first half of the season... even if we don't win anything this season - which is looking increasing likely with Leo's (lack of) tactics in big games - this would still be a good year.

Last edited by bluenine on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Sorry bluenine--this derby belongs to me Very Happy.
Fair play, Forza - you guys more than deserved it yesterday...
Red n' Black

Post by Red n' Black on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:08 pm

bluenine wrote:

I still can't believe he tried that against Milan... Leo can be so fucking naive sometimes, after 15 years of playing/coaching in Milan, surely he knew derbies are always decided in the midfield!!! Playing 4 attacking players was suicide, I don't think Allegri tactically outsmarted Leo, he didn't even have to!!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was hinting at, you don't really need to try and out-coach Leo, he does the job for you. Last year he played a super high-line, a bunch of static attackers(Huntelaar+Borriello+Ronaldinho) + basically no midfield vs Man U and we were leaking goals in every opportunity. Basically we were leaking goals all season, any solid and properly organized team could tear us apart by exploiting the miles of space they had available thanks to Leo.

And again, as I said at the end of last season, I'm not blaming him for not winning anything, he had a shit team to work with and he did as best as he could. We didn't have a team capable of winning either domestically or in Europe, so him being made the scapegoat by Berlusconi was very unfair on Leo. Plus I don't think he ever wanted to be a coach anyway and I wish we would have kept him as a scout, as he did one hell of a job in that department(Kaka, Pato, Thiago Silva). But as a manager he is tactically naive, he can't adjust during the game and he really shouldn't be coaching Milan nor Inter.

Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:02 pm

What a marvellous night in Milan! A shame Robinho and Boateng didn't convert their great and simple chances otherwise we would have had the 6 or 7 that we deserved, Pato's goal looked maybe questionable but Flamini was level for his disallowed goal and we should have had a penalty for maicon's outstretched hand, couldn't quite believe Eto's miss either, but then the one he missed v Juve was just as frightening.

Napoli's win today keeps it interesting, but we have beaten both Inter and Napoli home and away this season so have an extra point for the head-to-head if level. Udinese still shouldn't be discounted if they can beat lecce second half, and we still have some very difficult games to contest.

Great evening and a marvellous choreography from the Sud beore kickoff Very Happy

Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Bertolacci says Udinese's run is coming to an end,
Murray

Number of posts : 10201

Post by Murray on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:29 pm

abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Passing by to concede it to the effin cousins.

Episodes counted a lot yesterday but in between them you were way more effective than us.
Moreover, both episodes stemmed from our limits in defending centrally and closing in the lines on our trequarti, which we were thoroughly unable for all the game, and frequently under Leo.

Milan was sort of a turtle leader this season but delivered when it counted, many times.
Deserved.

Now hoping Napoli pimps you =)

Leo lost is 4th derby on 4th played, no wonder he was saying in the pre-match interviews that in a derby all is up to player perfomances and a coach can't invent anything... :/
Pirlo

Post by Pirlo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:13 pm

abundance wrote:Passing by to concede it to the effin cousins.

Episodes counted a lot yesterday but in between them you were way more effective than us.
Moreover, both episodes stemmed from our limits in defending centrally and closing in the lines on our trequarti, which we were thoroughly unable for all the game, and frequently under Leo.

Milan was sort of a turtle leader this season but delivered when it counted, many times.
Deserved.

Now hoping Napoli pimps you =)

Leo lost is 4th derby on 4th played, no wonder he was saying in the pre-match interviews that in a derby all is up to player perfomances and a coach can't invent anything... :/

Well i don't think it's over yet, yesterday was a big step in terms of controlling some advantage but we've still got three tough matches v Fiorentina,Roma,Udinese all away so it's an opportunity there for us to lose some points and others to gain. Napoli worry me though, we'd beat them everytime in a head to head but they're still there and i'm not sure how because apart from Cavani they really don't impress me, but they genuinely have a chance although they have a tricky run in too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 am