Sport Lisboa e Benfica.

Knoblauch

Number of posts : 592
Supports : Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Favourite Player : Lazer Markovic
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Sport Lisboa e Benfica.

Post by Knoblauch on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 am

What a season it's been! Great for Porto, and not so good for us. In the league we had a terrible start and then went on a spectacular run of winning. Yet we couldn't close the gap on Porto, who have had a fenominal season.
So far we've played Porto 5 times and lost 4. So, theres little space to argue with the fact that they are better than us this season. The one thing we can say is that we won the only game where we were able to field the team that the coach wanted. Which highlights our main problem this season, the strength and depth of our squad.
In Europe, we were in the champions league, where, apart from 70mins in the home game against Lyon, we played very poorly, and were lucky to enter the europa league. Since when we've done quiet well, being comfortable in all the games with the exception of the away leg against PSG.
We won the Portuguese league league cup. The least prestigeous of all the competitions, but a cup none the less.
We still have hope in the europa league, playing a semi-final against Braga is going to be very complicated. Hopefully a foreign ref will not feel so affected by the presure that Portuguese clubs put on the refs before big games.
How we will fair next season depends strongly on what happens to us in the transfer market. It's 99.9% certain that Fabio Coentrão will be going. So who we get to replace him is important. And, every Benfiquista will tell you how important it is for us to sign Toto Salvio. Personally, I don't have much hope.
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: Sport Lisboa e Benfica.

Post by Puro on Tue May 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Sporting have signed Peruvian starlet André Carrillo (19) for five years.
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Domingos Paciência will coach Sporting next season. It makes sense why Alberto Rodríguez signed for them. It's similar to Mourinho and Carvalho when Jose had the opportunity to coach Chelsea and asked Carvalho "would you play for me at Chelsea?". Paciência must have asked Rodríguez the same then "Alberto, I've got this great challenge now with Sporting, we will be better armed to compete against Porto and Benfica, would you play for Sporting for me?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 am